Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
GrayChild
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:32 pm
Posts: 29
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:01 am 
 

https://www.facebook.com/TheAxisOfPerdition/posts/2023191401089820

Quote:
Buono estente, meaties!

Against the better judgement of less damaged minds, we have re-congealed and are positively gravid with horrible new material as we speak. Because we’re awkward, in this reconfiguration we will be operating as An Axis Of Perdition (assuming the almighty Facebook permits it, of course), for incoherent reasons of our own – put that in your Metal Archives and smoke it.

As per our usual modus operandi we will be continuing to look for new recipes with which to nauseate and dismay your sensitive earholes; we intend no mechanically recovered rehashes of the spoiled leavings of previous years, with the usual caveat that we reserve the right to be flagrantly disingenuous about this if the fancy takes us.

Further detail to emerge in time.


Oh, and fuck Konami! Silent Hill is once again alive (kinda), this time in audio format.

Top
 Profile  
maladie
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:42 am
Posts: 246
Location: Norway
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:48 am 
 

Isn't this the band that had said one of their albums was inspired by patients in a mental ward, but that it was found out that was total BS?

Top
 Profile  
MegaMal
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:07 pm
Posts: 62
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:52 am 
 

maladie wrote:
Isn't this the band that had said one of their albums was inspired by patients in a mental ward, but that it was found out that was total BS?

Cult of Luna did something like that.

Top
 Profile  
maladie
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:42 am
Posts: 246
Location: Norway
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:55 am 
 

Cult of Luna said they had found a book if I recall correctly. Didn't Axis say they had made direct recordings in the asylum or something? I might be remembering completely incorrectly as well.

Top
 Profile  
GrayChild
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:32 pm
Posts: 29
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:04 am 
 

maladie wrote:
Cult of Luna said they had found a book if I recall correctly. Didn't Axis say they had made direct recordings in the asylum or something? I might be remembering completely incorrectly as well.


Stalaggh - Projekt Misanthropia may be the album you're referring to. The Axis of Perdition are mostly inspired by the Silent Hill videogame series as well as Lovecraft, so they take most of their samples from the games or other movies inspired by H.P. 's fiction.

Top
 Profile  
MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:23 am
Posts: 521
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:11 am 
 

GrayChild wrote:
maladie wrote:
Cult of Luna said they had found a book if I recall correctly. Didn't Axis say they had made direct recordings in the asylum or something? I might be remembering completely incorrectly as well.


Stalaggh - Projekt Misanthropia may be the album you're referring to. The Axis of Perdition are mostly inspired by the Silent Hill videogame series as well as Lovecraft, so they take most of their samples from the games or other movies inspired by H.P. 's fiction.


Correct. There's also Diagnose: Lebensgefahr. He claimed the album was made as part of his "therapy."

Quote:
The members of Stalaggh/Gulaggh have one-upped themselves by now incorporating atonally played classical instruments and, scariest of all, the shrieks and screams of women and children: 30 children from a youth mental hospital (it took them over a year to get permission to record them) and a group of what one Gulaggh member calls “damaged women,” by which he means rape victims and ex-prostitutes.


I've never heard Axis of Perdition use gimmicks like this to sell their music. I like all of their material up through "Urfe." The last album wasn't very good. Hopefully they return to making soundscapes over black metal.

Top
 Profile  
blackmantram
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:51 pm
Posts: 556
Location: Colombia
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:18 am 
 

This band caught my attention because they claimed to be silent hill in black metal form, sounded like a good idea at first, listened to two albums: The Ichneumon Method, which i loved and Urfe, which I hated (don't even remember how it sounds like to be honest). So if they are planning on releasing more material like the first one count me as excited.

Top
 Profile  
FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:09 pm
Posts: 359
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:11 pm 
 

HOLY FUCK!!! YESS!!!!!

So stoked - that band is horrifying. They'd been updating their Facebook page with random statuses and even new merch and represses of old albums for over a year now, so it's nice to see that they're finally pulling the trigger on a reunion!

maladie wrote:
Isn't this the band that had said one of their albums was inspired by patients in a mental ward, but that it was found out that was total BS?


Deleted Scenes has a lot of that inspiration throughout - not sure if they actually put real samples of mental patients on it, or if they just created their own samples. Either way, their vocalist fits that picture perfectly!

blackmantram wrote:
This band caught my attention because they claimed to be silent hill in black metal form, sounded like a good idea at first, listened to two albums: The Ichneumon Method, which i loved and Urfe, which I hated (don't even remember how it sounds like to be honest). So if they are planning on releasing more material like the first one count me as excited.


If you haven't yet, check out Deleted Scenes From The Transition Hospital - quite possibly the scariest album I've ever heard, that I would actually still consider music (Stalaggh is scarier, but I wouldn't consider it music). It's like a way freakier version of The Work Which Transforms God by Blut Aus Nord

Top
 Profile  
maladie
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:42 am
Posts: 246
Location: Norway
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:34 pm 
 

GrayChild wrote:
maladie wrote:
Cult of Luna said they had found a book if I recall correctly. Didn't Axis say they had made direct recordings in the asylum or something? I might be remembering completely incorrectly as well.


Stalaggh - Projekt Misanthropia may be the album you're referring to. The Axis of Perdition are mostly inspired by the Silent Hill videogame series as well as Lovecraft, so they take most of their samples from the games or other movies inspired by H.P. 's fiction.

Stalaggh is who I was thinking about, thanks for clearing that up. Guess I'll have to check out The Axis then.

Top
 Profile  
ambientsorrow
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:25 am
Posts: 215
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:17 pm 
 

Best news of 2019 so far hands down.

Top
 Profile  
MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:16 am
Posts: 13329
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:32 pm 
 

Good news as long as they never make an album like Urfe again. That album was terrible. The other stuff is quite good and something I'll have to revisit.
_________________
The Lions Den wrote:
Just vegan and faggots melo-tech-death for dad's fancy-ass. Fuck!!!

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: raumr, ThanatosUK and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

  Print view
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group