Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Peyp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:12 pm 

http://www.bloodstainchild.com/news.html (you have to scroll down a little)
https://www.facebook.com/bloodstainchil ... =3&theater

As far as I understand:

The Legend's material isn't new, but rather revised and updated. It's re-recorded material with the newer members and style. But unless I completely fucked up the translation, ex-members also joined in on the album as well. Ex-members featured on the album include:

Ryo (ex-bassist and harsh vocalist, also a founding member)
Sadew (ex-vocalist for their fourth album, Mozaíq)
Violator (ex-drummer, also a founding member)
Kiki (short-lived female vocalist from the Last Stardust era)

And there's a new drummer as well, but I don't know if he replaces the current one.

So it's basically Legendary Years, but hopefully not nearly as worthless.

For those not in the know:

Blood Stain Child is a Japanese melodic death metal band. For their first couple of albums, they were known for releasing decent Children of Bodom worship, but in 2005 with their album Idolator they moved towards a more electronic melodeath sound, which progressively increased until Epsilon in 2011, a controversial (but imo really good) album due to its female lead vocalist and its not-as-metal sound.

They tried to continue this style but around this point their activity decreased due to instability in their lineup. Like, really crazy instability. Ever since 2007 the lineup has been so warped that they almost look and sound like completely different bands from release to release. Important changes in the lineup was the departure of harsh vocalist and bassist Ryo, departure of the most recent vocalist Kiki, departure of keyboard/sample player Aki, and the arrival of a new male vocalist, Saika.

This will be their first album in 7 years. Their release schedule used to be once every 2 years.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/B ... end/710825
Due to the unfortunate reality of our guitarist fucking my girlfriend of almost 7 years WITCHROT will be taking an extended hiatus. I however will continue the band in another space and time... Thanks for the support, stay heavy. Also our drummer died...

RIP DIAMHEA

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:20 pm 

Damn, no Sophia. Still, could be interesting. I find a lot of their older material hit or miss. Mystic Your Heart is probably their best from a metal perspective. Idolator always bored me to tears.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Peyp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:42 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
Damn, no Sophia

Apparently Sophia has bad blood with them. She claimed in an interview that they mistreated her because she was a female foreigner, that kind of drama. It sucks that it ended up that way, but I like Kiki. Err, the two or three songs with Kiki. So I'll be excited for female vocals again.
Due to the unfortunate reality of our guitarist fucking my girlfriend of almost 7 years WITCHROT will be taking an extended hiatus. I however will continue the band in another space and time... Thanks for the support, stay heavy. Also our drummer died...

RIP DIAMHEA

tahu157
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:04 pm 

Yeh, Sophia's probably never coming back:
http://carlbegai.com/2014/03/23/season- ... ay-animal/

In general I'm disappointed by the lack of Epsilon songs. I'm also kind of surprised they're re-doing Final Sky because they already re-did that song as Royal Sky, which was the bonus track on western pressings of Epsilon.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:07 pm 

Kiki is serviceable. But Sadew's cleans were atrocious on Mozaiq. Guess we'll see how they use all of these vocalists.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:26 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
Kiki is serviceable. But Sadew's cleans were atrocious on Mozaiq. Guess we'll see how they use all of these vocalists.

I've always wanted to see a rerecording of Mozaiq because I think the songs themselves are good but damn those vocals ruin it. Dude sounds like a tone deaf version of the guy from Bullet for your Valentine.

Peyp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:09 pm 

Yeah, Sadew honestly sucks and I don't think it's just the one album. Here's my reasoning why. I'm not looking forward to having him back.

RIP DIAMHEA

Reply to topic