josantyago
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:56 pm 

31 is a very young age... My condolences to his family and next of kin

Verd
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:45 pm 

Fuck, I'm extremely sad.
I met him tons of times and he always helped/edited by errors and so on working on this website.
I don't know what happened but he will surely be missed.. that made me really sad even if I knew him only due to daily work here for years and years.
Rest in peace.

Byrain
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:24 pm 

Now that this terrible news has sunk in a little more I would like to add that people like Diamhea are what make metal-archives a valuable resource and community. I hope this never changes and the fact that so many strangers miss him is a true testament to the valuable contributions he has made over the years. <3

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:47 pm 

The guy was a tireless contributor to the Metal Archives, and he will be remembered.

R.I.P., and my condolences to his family.

MDL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:01 pm 

Absolutely awful news, I was totally stunned when I saw the front page news. We had more like a reporter-mod relationship, but honestly, I believe there was something special in that cooperation. Remember when I registered on MA, he was the first person to greet me.
Also, once, when I made a report for changing Mariangela Demurtas' picture, he replied to me, saying that "she looked just too hot for us to change it", with the source being "I'm Mariangelas nº1 fan". I actually remembered about that some days ago...

RIP Diamhea, you'll be dearly missed.

Sorry for my broken english.

Grimbeard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:04 pm 

I had a quite a few conversations with him myself. It all started when I complemented him on his reviews one day in the chatroom. I simply told him I liked his reviews and didn't mind reading ones he wrote for albums by bands I didn't even care for, I just really liked his work. I'm probably not the only one who had expressed this to him so I guess it just hit him at the right moment in time because he replied with the big eyed emoji along with "You read (or like) my reviews?" Ever since then he would, at the very least, say hey to me in the chats when I came in.

He was always my go to guy for help if I messed up on the archives so it's cool to see others that have said he had their backs because he definitely had mine.
R.I.P. our brother..

Spider_X
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:13 am 

I log on tonight and see this, I was honestly shocked! I wrote this on my wall, on my Facebook:
"as a regular contributer to Metal-Archives, as logging in just now, go to the front page to find out that one of the Mods (Diamhea) had passed away 2 days ago :'( I don't know why, or how, as we weren't close by any means, however.... he was the one that usually accepted (or, sometimes rejected) my reviews, gave me tips on how to better write my reviews.... we had talked a good bit here and there.... (to me) he was a great all-around guy and I most definitely will surely miss him, greatly....
R.I.P. Diamhea / 2018-05-22 14:17"

M-A will obviously go on, BUT he's a Mod I most surely will miss like hell.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:16 am 

Reading the news was like a hit in the gut. I never met Diamhea in person, but I am willing to bet we might have had some interesting conversations. I would see his name everywhere - not just the "Why was X rejected" thread, but also all over the website.

31 is too young. That's how old I am. His impact on the Metal-Archives community is indescribable.

I'm going on a road trip. I was wondering what to play on the way up, it's an 8 hour drive.

Looks like it will be Overkill the whole way, brother.

Xyrth
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:51 am 

So sad, very sad news. I first thought it was a joke or something :( I never got to know him, since I'm not much of a forum guy myself, but he green lit most of my reviews. This is my first forum post here, ever, but I was so shocked by the news I had to write something.

RIP Diamhea.

Deathroll92
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:58 am 

Never had a chance to speak with him personally, but his contribution here was enormous.

R.I.P. brother.

Sang Dalang Abu
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:48 am 

He always help me a lot. His patience... man... I respect him. R.I.P. Diamhea.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:42 am 

Ferneyhough wrote:
He always help me a lot.

Still quite surreal thinking this'd only make sense in the past tense now.

Ferneyhough wrote:
I respect him. R.I.P. Diamhea.

We all did... friends and foes alike. And, damn, how of the latter did he make so many, and, damn, how did he not give a shit.

Sang Dalang Abu
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:46 am 

Antioch wrote:
Still quite surreal thinking this'd only make sense in the past tense now.

damn :tongue:

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:22 am 

I didn't know him, but i noticed several times the huge amount of work he did for the site and the infinite patience he had for newcomers :(

Rest in peace..

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:57 am 

I was hoping this would be some sort of sick joke. I'm speechless...

RIP brother, my condolences

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:48 pm 

Fucking crazy. I hardly knew him but he obviously touched a lot of people in a positive way. RIP.

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:18 pm 

If anyone would like to donate to help Diamhea's family with funeral costs and the like, you can do so here: https://www.gofundme.com/ceremony-for-chris

CHAIRTHROWER
Methed-burnt rogue babelfish

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:32 pm 

Diamhea's passing is truly tragic...a real bummer, especially considering his young age. I'll always hold him in high esteem and regard him as a pioneering cornerstone of the Metal Archives; in other words, he constantly strove to uphold the site's high level of class and professionalism - his constructive (albeit at times gruffly sardonic) criticism and raw yet erudite comments literally steered me towards improving my review writing. (A form of tough "metal" love if you will). Also, I really respected his conservative/rational review rating system. From now on, I shall model my scoring system on his classic "50% means indifferent while anything below or above indicates a sincere level of annoyance or appreciation, respectively. (I don't have any Overkill on hand but I remember one of his only 90% scores was for Meliah Rage, so I'll be scoping that out in his memory today).

RIP Diamhea - you're now officially a Metal God.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:05 pm 

R.I.P. man, you were taken too soon.

~Guest 290927
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:16 pm 

Man, you are really one of earliest users that I noticed on this wonderful site.

RIP Diamhea, you will be dearly remembered.

Cianan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:44 pm 

Damn, this is really sad. After all those discussions we had about Blood Stain Child and Skyfire, I hope they're playing eternally for you. Fair winds and following seas. RIP.

Felix 1666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:21 pm 

Thanks for your contribution here, Diamhea. Although most of us did not know you personally, be sure that you will be missed. R.I.P.

manumanomanou
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:04 pm 

It´s very sad. I am one of the countless guys who really enjoyed reading Diamhea´s reviews. I did not know him personally, but his name was definitely one of the names that make MA feel like home. My sincere condolences to his family and his friends. RIP Diamhea, and thanks so much for everything you did here.

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:50 pm 

Sad to read and as many have already said, much too young.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:36 pm 

That was a shock to read, tragic news. Diamhea was a fantastic contributor and an absolute monster at tackling the report queue.. he frequently made things very easy for us with his amazing efforts. His absence will certainly be noticeable and he will not be forgotten. RIP Diamhea, you will be missed.

Classy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:57 pm 

MA was a better place by just having him around. His contribution and work ethic was evident even to a casual lurker. Enjoyed my few interactions with him, and his presence on this site will definitely be missed.

GainzGawd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:56 pm 

I hope I'm doing this right....

Infernal Hails,

Me and Dia were once best friends, from 2006 to 2010 we were inseparable. Car audio started our friendship and while I loved rap music and he loved Metal, we still were friends. I learned the only things I know about Metal to this day from him. We fell apart over some dumb stuff 6 years ago and we haven't spoken since. I am Rob the one who has started the GoFundMe and has been trying to help his mother out to raise funds. I just wanted to say thank you on behalf of his friends from before his time here. When he drifted away from us you guys became his main source of relationships. His mother greatly appreciates everything that you guys have done so far to help out. The 1000 was just an estimate as to how much it would take to help out. Anything you can do to help her out would be appreciated.

Again thank you so much for helping her out so far! I look forward to going through here and learning more about what was going on in his mind since he lost contact with all of us.

https://www.gofundme.com/ceremony-for-c ... campmgmt_w

tahu157
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:29 pm 

I always thought Dia was a jerk until I actually started paying attention to him. The more I watched his interactions with other people on MA the more I realized he was really a total class act. The world is a bit dimmer now, without him.

Radagast
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:52 am 

What an awful shock. This place will be worse for his absence.

I'd ask anyone who can afford it to make sure and kick in a few dollars to the fund. The last thing his family should be worrying about right now is money.

ViF
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:07 am 

Radagast wrote:
The last thing his family should be worrying about right now is money.

that should go for every struggling family as well, as Dr. Gillespie ( Dr Kildare series ) said,
Spoiler: show
You know we haven't the faintest idea yet what doctors can really do. Why, there's enough money, time and labor lost through illness to pay all the debts on Earth - to say nothing of the tragedy that's caused when some little pay envelope's shy two day's wages. But there's a day coming - I won't live to see it - when man, who didn't ask to be put on this Earth, will be guaranteed by all the resources of the human race his right to health added to his rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness!

life insurance seems like a waste of time for us younger folk but it's something to really think about getting for "when/if" the worse does happen, keep banging your head D, \m/

Mamont
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:17 am 

I am too new here to have interacted with him at all, but this is too young to die. My condolences to family and all who knew him.

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:26 pm 

Wow, I logged in to post in the first time in several months here and saw people talking about this in the Free-For-All thread.

I'm not sure I've ever spoken to Diamhea, I assume we probably quoted each other a few times but nothing much. Still, this is quite sad. And he was only 31 years old. I now feel like an idiot for feeling "old" at 27. He died very young. He still had his whole life ahead of him. You truly never know how much time you have left.

In another forum I post on, a veteran user also passed away recently. That's also pretty sad.

May he rest in peace and condolences to his family and friends.

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:51 pm 

I just came back here after a few weeks of inactivity. Christ. Rest in peace.

Mikhail95
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:10 pm 

Man it's tragic he passed away so soon. He was harsh on my music reviews but I will say he helped me become a better writer, may he RIP. What did he pass away from? I haven't been active on the site in a while and as soon as I logged in this is the first thing I saw.

GainzGawd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:05 pm 

I just wanna say first and foremost thank you to all of you who have donated thus far. I have been in constant contact with his mother and she is overwhelmed with the generosity and support from you guys. When I first contacted her she was hesitant and didn't want to start a go fund me, but she accepted it. I actually cared him Dia or Diamhea in real life because of AIM and then a sports forum we both were on. I didn't ever really know why he changed his last name on FB lol

Like I mentioned before me and him weren't that close as time progressed. I regret not making more of an effort to reconnect, but you guys served as his main friends in his later years. I appreciate you guys taking care of him and giving him a source of friendship he thought he didn't have.

In his memory, if you guys could... always check up on your friends with issues. Addiction is real and especially with the epidemic going on in the United States. You may never know what someone is suffering with, every addict is one bad batch of drugs away from dying. My regret is that I gave up on Dia when he refused my help and I will always feel like I didn't do enough.

Lich Coldheart
Stares into the Void

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:49 pm 

This is such a tragic loss. I did not even realize how much I respected him until the news of his demise hit me hard as truck, which is such a shame. RIP.
GainzGawd wrote:
[...] Addiction [...]

Wait, what...?

ForestRaven35465
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:02 pm 

I'm sorry to hear the news. God be with him. He moderated a review I just made. RIP brother

GainzGawd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:57 pm 

I don't want to go into full details as to not diminish his legacy to you guys that were his friendship outlet. But it wasn't heart issues, it was still an untimely death that shouldn't have happened. That's the thing about the internet, you don't see the whole picture of someone's life.

Thus why I ask in his memory you make sure you cherish every friendship, and thus who seem like something is off you check on. Things aren't that clear behind a blurry photo or a photo without a clear face shot :(

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:36 am 

Oh, man....this is hard to digest. :( He was such a friendly and easy-going dude. Chatted with him quite a few times regarding Overkill albums and improving the quality of my reviews. Rest in peace, brother....

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next