Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
LarsA81
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:56 pm 

Never invested much time on Voivod, but I saw them in Copenhagen yesterday, and they killed it. Such a huge amount of energy in them - most new bands wouldn't be able to keep up with them!!
Bought the Wake double disc and both this and Post Society is just soooo good!!! Love it and I am sure I will spin them for a long time, as there is a lot to get into here!!

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:57 pm 

As good as an album as The Wake is... just wait until you hear their classics from the 80s! It feels weird having to recommend them, but everything they did back then was just a whole different level of brilliant. Start with Killing Technology and work your way around it dependent on whether you want more "thrashing rage" or more space age prog metal.

Uncolored wrote:
non 80's wodos members are enemies of teutonic beatles hairstyle thrash

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:38 pm 

I've even been getting very into The Outer Limits lately. That was for a long time my least liked Voivod album along with negatron It's like that sometimes with Voivod. You listen for a while and think "well all right", but then one day it hits you, and it's brilliant!

Still don't like negatron a lot, but Phobos is one of my favourites, so I can't knock the E-Force era really.
Also starting to think that maybe the early 2000s/pre-Target Earth era stuff is rather underrated!

i'm pissed though because I ordered this new album from Century media in Germany a good month before the release date, and i still haven't received it! nice to know that Century media is still doing this shit after years. I remember the complaints they used to get about ridiculous shipping times. This a "major" label, too.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2