* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
JtK
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:45 am 

shwartzheim wrote:
JtK wrote:
Not a metal band per se, but a lot of people cite them as an influence: Led Zeppelin. Even when taking age into account they always sounded boring to me. Can't see what's interesting enough to care about them. Less competent band in the same category: Kiss. Got no idea why somebody would like kiss.

Funny, you just mentioned both bands responsible for getting me into music (Kiss - The image got me curious, then heard God Of Thunder and fell in love) and playing guitar (Zeppelin - the extended violin bow solo in Dazed And Confused from the Song Remains The Same............awesome).

Well... Seeing as a shitload of 80's musicians feel like you the same I'd say in you're good company anyway. I've heard both bands since I was a child and they never did anything for me. Okay, I thought Kiss' makeup was cool when I was 7. Forgot all about it when I discovered Iron Maiden a few years later. Obviously I never felt that I missed out and I haven't looked back since then.

Ace_Rimmer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:57 am 

I love Zep, though I don't listen to them as much lately as I wore them out in my formative years. Hard rock, prog, folk, acoustic rock, etc. Zep pretty much did it all.

LickMyOrangeBallsHalfling
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:18 pm 

Scream Bloody Gore is overall pretty boring, with the exception of Evil Dead and Zombie Ritual

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:29 am 

LickMyOrangeBallsHalfling wrote:
Scream Bloody Gore is overall pretty boring, with the exception of Evil Dead and Zombie Ritual

Everything Scream Bloody Gore does, Leprosy does better.

Except the drumming.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:58 am 

Scream Bloody Gore is fun solid slab of gore-y early death metal and while it shows Chuck at his most vicious I can't help but think the album feels somewhat tame compared to other death metal releases of its time. I'd easily take Bestial Devastation / Morbid Visions, Seven Churches and Bloody Vengeance over it.

UltraBoris
Speed Metal Satan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:11 am 

all metal blows goats. except Ample Destruction. that shit is like eight cocks in a six-cock plastic bag.

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:00 pm 

JtK wrote:
Well... Seeing as a shitload of 80's musicians feel like you the same I'd say in you're good company anyway. I've heard both bands since I was a child and they never did anything for me. Okay, I thought Kiss' makeup was cool when I was 7. Forgot all about it when I discovered Iron Maiden a few years later. Obviously I never felt that I missed out and I haven't looked back since then.

Grab yourself a copy of this, watch it, and then if Led Zep still doesn't do anything for you, go see a priest.

https://www.amazon.com/Led-Zeppelin-Robert-Plant/dp/B00008PX8P

~Guest 74046
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:12 pm 

I don't find Scream Bloody Gore overrated in the slightest.

It remains just as vital and bludgeoning as the first time I've heard it. This, Severed Survival and Eaten Back to Life are the albums I think of most when death metal gets brought up. No poltiics, no philosophy, just straight up tasteless gore.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:41 pm 

UltraBoris wrote:
all metal blows goats. except Ample Destruction. that shit is like eight cocks in a six-cock plastic bag.

Some metal is literally about blowing goats.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7