Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives
https://forum.metal-archives.com/

New Artillery album "The Face of Fear"
https://forum.metal-archives.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=122183
Page 1 of 1

Author:  MatsBG [ Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:13 pm ]
Post subject:  New Artillery album "The Face of Fear"

New album from thrash metal band Artillery.

Order: https://www.metalblade.com/artillery/
Official video of the title track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLy8LfIp6j3aJ-5nWquH2CgWKyeghOxnZ4&v=jh9Cna-8b0M

Can't say I am the biggest Artillery fan, and the new song won't change that anytime soon. Still, not bad.

Author:  Dembo [ Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Artillery album "The Face of Fear"

Release date is November 16th.

Image

01. The Face of Fear
02. Crossroads to Conspiracy
03. New Rage
04. Sworn Utopia
05. Through the Ages of Atrocity
06. Thirst for the Worst
07. Pain
08. Under Water
09. Preaching to the Converted
10. Mind of No Return
11. Doctor Evil

I can understand Mind of No Return from a 1982 demo being re-recorded, but Doctor Evil from the 2013 album Legions? Though according to one site, both are bonus tracks.

Author:  MatsBG [ Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Artillery album "The Face of Fear"

Dembo wrote:
Release date is November 16th.

Image

01. The Face of Fear
02. Crossroads to Conspiracy
03. New Rage
04. Sworn Utopia
05. Through the Ages of Atrocity
06. Thirst for the Worst
07. Pain
08. Under Water
09. Preaching to the Converted
10. Mind of No Return
11. Doctor Evil

I can understand Mind of No Return from a 1982 demo being re-recorded, but Doctor Evil from the 2013 album Legions? Though according to one site, both are bonus tracks.


Shows how much I post these topics, totally forgot both to include release date, cover art, and tracklist :durr:

Author:  metalkeith [ Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Artillery album "The Face of Fear"

I have to admit, these guys just don't do it for me without Rønsdorf. Obviously the riffs are there, but their newer singers just don't seem to click with me for some reason. Maybe it's an attitude thing. Either way, I saw them a few years back and they were all super cool, especially their new drummer, so I'll probably get a copy anyway.

Author:  Opus [ Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Artillery album "The Face of Fear"

I really liked When Death Comes, but this singer doesn't do it for me at all.

Author:  fourrobert13 [ Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Artillery album "The Face of Fear"

I'm excited for this. The single sounds like old school Artillery IMO. Definitely sounds more thrashy than the last album.

Author:  Temple Of Blood [ Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Artillery album "The Face of Fear"

I saw them live and they were super-nice and put on an excellent show. I'll check this out.

Author:  Oblarg [ Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Artillery album "The Face of Fear"

I really don't dig any of their albums other than Fear of Tomorrow and it doesn't seem this is gonna change that.

Author:  Dembo [ Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Artillery album "The Face of Fear"

New song:

Youtube: show

Author:  Temple Of Blood [ Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Artillery album "The Face of Fear"

Oblarg wrote:
I really don't dig any of their albums other than Fear of Tomorrow and it doesn't seem this is gonna change that.


Really? I don't understand that. "Terror Squad" and "By Inheritance" are stone-cold thrashterpieces, in different styles.

Author:  Oblarg [ Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Artillery album "The Face of Fear"

Temple Of Blood wrote:
Oblarg wrote:
I really don't dig any of their albums other than Fear of Tomorrow and it doesn't seem this is gonna change that.


Really? I don't understand that. "Terror Squad" and "By Inheritance" are stone-cold thrashterpieces, in different styles.


They're sterile and boring and, in the case of By Inheritance, there's only really one song repeated over and over again. Also, Ronsdorf sucks as a melodic vocalist.

Author:  Dungeon_Vic [ Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Artillery album "The Face of Fear"

The above opinion makes me sad. :(

Dug the new song as well as the s/t.

Author:  PeteGas [ Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Artillery album "The Face of Fear"

Dungeon_Vic wrote:
The above opinion makes me sad. :(

Dug the new song as well as the s/t.


Me too. By Inheritence is just killer all the way through. Vocals are perfect for the songs ie chorus of Bombfood. I’m getting the urge to give it another listen today.

Author:  fourrobert13 [ Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Artillery album "The Face of Fear"

New song

Youtube: show

Author:  Required Fields [ Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Artillery album "The Face of Fear"

I have it pre-ordered. Looking forward to getting it.

Author:  Dembo [ Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Artillery album "The Face of Fear"

It took a while after the release, but now it's available in full on Bandcamp:

https://artillerymetal.bandcamp.com/alb ... ce-of-fear

Author:  Gornot [ Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Artillery album "The Face of Fear"

Holy shit, I totally forgot this band even existed. Shame on me.
I remember listening and absolutely loving By Inheritance back in high school when I was just getting into thrash, and this was pretty much the only album I really really liked. But then I found out so much more and totally forgot about them. I think I should revisit these guys, and soon. Got a lot to catch up on.

Author:  Temple Of Blood [ Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Artillery album "The Face of Fear"

Gornot wrote:
Holy shit, I totally forgot this band even existed. Shame on me.
I remember listening and absolutely loving By Inheritance back in high school when I was just getting into thrash, and this was pretty much the only album I really really liked. But then I found out so much more and totally forgot about them. I think I should revisit these guys, and soon. Got a lot to catch up on.


It's still the best thrash album around. :)

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/