PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:59 am 

deopisi wrote:
Wilytank wrote:
New Abyssal album comes out in June. New song sounds great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er6tM5ba8L4

Another track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtc0HNQ-sN0

It could be aoty contender

I didn't like their previous stuff but this one sounds promising.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:05 am 

While they're not listed on Metal Archives, sort-of-metal band Car Bomb will be coming back with a new album (title TBA) in "Fall 2019", so a few months away. They have dropped one song and it's safe to say my expectations for this album are now through the goddamn roof. One of the best mathcore projects out there today.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

deopisi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 6:11 am 

Brain-damaging stuff

GTog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 7:20 pm 

Denmark's The Arcane Order has been posting studio updates on their FB. I've enjoyed everything they've put out so far. Should be something later this year.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:24 am 

Wormed - Metaportal

Damn it, this is just an EP. I thought this would be a full-length. That makes me sad. Anyway, new song sounds good and seems like the new drummer has fit in perfectly.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Kerrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:50 am 

I'm really looking forward to Triuwint's new album that drops tomorrow. Their first album if fantastic. They play riffy, melodic black metal for those unfamiliar.
https://www.facebook.com/triuwint/
https://triuwint.bandcamp.com/

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:42 am 

New Runemagick out in October

Song doesn't blow me away but let's hope this one would be better than their last effort.

Dustroy_Troly
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:52 pm 

colin040 wrote:
New Runemagick out in October

Song doesn't blow me away but let's hope this one would be better than their last effort.

Shit, already? That's awesome. I thought the last one was great and I'm liking this as well. Shoots right to the top of my most anticipated list.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:01 pm 

^ They'll also have a split with Chthonic Deity, a new band made up of Paul from Blood Incantation, Erika from Scolex, and Charlie from Funebrarum.

Speaking of which, both Blood Incantation and Funebrarum should finally have their new albums out by the end of the year.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:11 am 

Always look forward to a new Runemagick but after the second track dropped I am looking forward to the new Memoriam. Undefeated has me on board.

Dustroy_Troly
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:58 pm 

Apparently there's a new Tau Cross about to arrive: https://taucross.bandcamp.com/album/mes ... -deception

Absolutely loved the last one (might be my AOTY for 2017) so I couldn't be more excited. I'm not completely sold on the new track just yet but I remember having a similar reaction with the first single from the last album.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:06 pm 

What about the new Hate (from Poland) album coming out on Friday? probably already spoiled and I need to listen to it. I managed to never listen to this band in my life until I saw them on tour a few weeks ago. I could tell immediately that the lead guitarist/singer had been doing this for most of his life.

DakotaRogers
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:08 pm 

Not exactly a "new" release, but Toxik's Wasteland demo gets reissued on the 28th with 3 bonus tracks. I asked them if they would consider this on Josh's YouTube upload of Wasteland, and 2 months later it's actually happening. Talk about great timing.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:18 pm 

Isn't that already present on the Displeased reissue? Does it really warrant a standalone reissue?

DakotaRogers
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:25 pm 

androdion wrote:
Isn't that already present on the Displeased reissue? Does it really warrant a standalone reissue?

It depends on whether or not you want to spend a small fortune for that Displeased reissue on Discogs and risk being scammed by Greek and Argentina bootlegs.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:27 pm 

DakotaRogers wrote:
androdion wrote:

It depends on whether or not you want to spend a small fortune for that Displeased reissue on Discogs and risk being scammed by Greek and Argentina bootlegs.

Ah, fair enough then. ;) I always forget how some "recent" reissues have gone to cost so much in the last few years.

DakotaRogers
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:41 pm 

androdion wrote:
Ah, fair enough then. ;) I always forget how some "recent" reissues have gone to cost so much in the last few years.

I almost gave in and bought one, but I figured by the time it shipped from the Netherlands (or wherever) and delivered 3 months later, I'd be listening to other things and disinterested. If they somehow manage to clean up tracks like Straight Razor and Finer Points of Tragedy, it'll definitely be worth the price of admission.

deopisi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:27 pm 

Borknagar - True north, September 27th, 2019
https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5DC422DA

Cover and title are too generic imo, I'm sure it will be more appealing musically. I'm a bit worried for the absence of Vintersorg. We'll see

deopisi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:54 pm 

Crypt Sermon new song and album details
https://www.facebook.com/DarkDescentRec ... =3&theater

I can't stop to listen to it

ThanatosUK
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:12 pm 

No One Knows What the Dead Think (vox and guitar from Discordance Axis) are releasing an album in Sept, hype as fuck

https://nooneknowswhatthedeadthink.bandcamp.com/

Waltz_of_Ghouls
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:45 pm 

Crypt Sermon - Key of Solomon

Soiled by Blood - Erit Sanguis

Cradle of Filth - Cruelty and the Beast remaster

Mayhem - ??

a new Toxic Holocaust album wouldn't be a bad thing. Anyone heard anything about that?
Fire walk with me"

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:52 am 

https://www.nocleansinging.com/2019/07/ ... er-mayhem/

Interview with Hellhammer about the new Mayhem, tentatively out later this year. Sounds great in theory; let's see how reality pans out.

Quote:
A new album is in the making, so how far in the recording process are you?

I was at Necromorbus Studio in Stockholm recording the drums 3 weeks ago. Guitars are being done now. The bass soon, and then vocals. It will be released in October.

What’s the sound going to be like? Is it in the same vein as Esoteric Warfare, the previous album?

Absolutely not. This is going to be more like De Mysteriis sound. Music-wise too. That album is a classic. The lyrics are going to be in Latin. Everything is going to be dark, pretty mystical and satanic.

There's a bit more there but not much.

EpicSceptic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:58 am 

DeathfareDevil wrote:
https://www.nocleansinging.com/2019/07/08/an-ncs-interview-hellhammer-mayhem/

Interview with Hellhammer about the new Mayhem, tentatively out later this year. Sounds great in theory; let's see how reality pans out.

Quote:

I was at Necromorbus Studio in Stockholm recording the drums 3 weeks ago. Guitars are being done now. The bass soon, and then vocals. It will be released in October.

What’s the sound going to be like? Is it in the same vein as Esoteric Warfare, the previous album?

Absolutely not. This is going to be more like De Mysteriis sound. Music-wise too. That album is a classic. The lyrics are going to be in Latin. Everything is going to be dark, pretty mystical and satanic.

Man, this just sounds like they're going to force a classic sounding album out. I'd much rather them just stay on trajectory and refine the direction the band is currently going in.

I'd actually go so far as saying that if De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas were released today no one would bat an eyelid.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:02 am 

New Orodruin (US doom) in October 2019 on Cruz Del Sur... which is interesting, as in 2018 it was announced it would be out on Shadow Kingdom Records. Hm....

Facebook post here.

Waltz_of_Ghouls
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:08 pm 

DoomMetalAlchemist wrote:
New Orodruin (US doom) in October 2019 on Cruz Del Sur... which is interesting, as in 2018 it was announced it would be out on Shadow Kingdom Records. Hm....

Facebook post here.

Add that one to my list!
Fire walk with me"

deopisi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:15 pm 

https://whiteward.bandcamp.com/track/lo ... ge-failure

Black metal, sax, piano and urban feelings. Amazing track

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:07 am 

EpicSceptic wrote:
DeathfareDevil wrote:
https://www.nocleansinging.com/2019/07/08/an-ncs-interview-hellhammer-mayhem/

Quote:

Man, this just sounds like they're going to force a classic sounding album out. I'd much rather them just stay on trajectory and refine the direction the band is currently going in.

I'd actually go so far as saying that if De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas were released today no one would bat an eyelid.

You know that kind of revisionist shit makes no sense right?

EpicSceptic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:13 am 

cultofkraken wrote:

Sure, I mean I understand that it is a very influential album, but if you could find it in your heart to allow me some impunity, I'm more suggesting that the particular sound of that album isn't exactly exciting given the current wave. It seems to me that something like In the Nigthside Eclipse would be a lot more at home in the present. I mean, are you even disputing whether we could come up with a hypothetical album/sound that would be popular now?

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:09 pm 

EpicSceptic wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:

Sure, I mean I understand that it is a very influential album, but if you could find it in your heart to allow me some impunity, I'm more suggesting that the particular sound of that album isn't exactly exciting given the current wave. It seems to me that something like In the Nigthside Eclipse would be a lot more at home in the present. I mean, are you even disputing whether we could come up with a hypothetical album/sound that would be popular now?

I’m just suggesting the very premise you have provided is flawed because the sound that DMDS created wouldn’t exist. So coming at it like it would be old hat already when it never existed to begin with isn’t really valid. Also bands have revisited that sound to some success (like Ondskapt’s Draco Mit Sihi Dux). Also many many bands have copied the Emperor ITNE sound after the fact... if ever there was a more copied aesthetic it’s that one (the most recent Evilfeast, which is excellent, comes to mind).

~Guest 523229
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:12 pm 

New Sammath, the new song sounds amazing:

Also, the new Mørketida song, which is apparently going to be on a mini-LP:

So far these are the greatest things I've heard this year, besides the material from Poems of the Elder (from earlier this year). These past couple years have been pretty good for underground black metal.

EpicSceptic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:14 am 

cultofkraken wrote:
I’m just suggesting the very premise you have provided is flawed because the sound that DMDS created wouldn’t exist. So coming at it like it would be old hat already when it never existed to begin with isn’t really valid. Also bands have revisited that sound to some success (like Ondskapt’s Draco Mit Sihi Dux). Also many many bands have copied the Emperor ITNE sound after the fact... if ever there was a more copied aesthetic it’s that one (the most recent Evilfeast, which is excellent, comes to mind).

Yeah that much I understand, I was more talking about the sound than the physical album. De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas 2 just doesn't sound very appealing to me personally at this point in time.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:53 pm 

EpicSceptic wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:

Yeah that much I understand, I was more talking about the sound than the physical album. De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas 2 just doesn't sound very appealing to me personally at this point in time.

That’s fair. I doubt they’ll do a meat and potatoes retread as anything Mayhem does is usually an evolution in one direction or another.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:48 pm 

Hour of Penance - Misotheism

Their last great album was Sedition, personally, but I still have high hopes for this one. I know what they can do and what they're made of - let's hope they reach it.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

why
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:49 pm 

The new Disillusion Album "The Liberation" releases on the 6th of September 2019, 13 years after their last full-length "Gloria"

Here is a new track, "The great unknown"

It sounds almost exactly like "Back to times of Splendor" (2004) material. For me, this is a dream come true. Can't wait. I'm gonna be at the special release show in Leipzig as well.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:17 pm 

Konkhra are going to be releasing a new album titled Alpha and the Omega on October 18th, 10 years after their last album. The song they have released sounds pretty good. Groovy death metal that sounds like it's going to be a huge hit if they play it live.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:57 pm 

why wrote:
The new Disillusion Album

I have the most understandable boner right now.

Also new Esoteric.

So the ranking for most anticipated album of 2019 are:

1. Esoteric - A Pyrrhic Existence
2. Disillusion - The Liberation
3. eh probably a few others idk

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:51 am 

New Borknagar single released. As expected, it's just more of the same boring stuff from these guys. Definitely not anticipating this one. I don't get what's happened with them. Their early stuff, up to and including Empiricism, is so good. After that they just totally lost it.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:44 am 

Here's my list of upcoming albums: Árstíðir Lífsins, Teitanblood, Qayin Regis, Blut aus Nord, Cult of Luna, Diocletian, Kayo Dot, Kringa, Ancient Moon, Mizmor (מזמור), The Great Old Ones, Serpent Column, Esoteric.

SculptedCold
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:04 pm 

Pitiless Wanderer wrote:
New Borknagar single released. As expected, it's just more of the same boring stuff from these guys. Definitely not anticipating this one. I don't get what's happened with them. Their early stuff, up to and including Empiricism, is so good. After that they just totally lost it.

I agree with you, post-Empricism, but i'm really impressed by this track. It actually reminds me of that last incredible album of theirs in a lot of ways. I wasn't excited before but I am now. And ICS and Lars sound fantastic.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:51 pm 

Mgla.

https://youtu.be/e0ryOwlXkP4

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next