* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Cruciphage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:41 pm 

theposega wrote:
Cruciphage wrote:
Can we get more opinions by people who are actual fans of hip hop? Obviously someone who only listens to metal will think it's dog shit./quote]

I was drunk when I wrote that. The stupid word there is "obviously", but also most of the other words. Still, you're overreacting. I like a lot of objectively shitty music, and I can't even explain why.

Lich Coldheart
Stares into the Void

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:21 am 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
Death is genius now? God above! Clearly you haven't truly listened to The Ark Work or you wouldn't be saying such foolish things. It's arguably one of the more important metal/extreme music records of the 10s and a massive testament to songwriting and instrumentation. Meanwhile, Peste Noire made a few interesting albums and sullied their career with nazi rap.

Tbh, I did listen to The Ark Work because a friend of mine suggested that we write reviews about it. My 0% disappeared about one year ago when I deleted my reviews but my opinion is unchanged: I can't stand that record. I'd rather be electrocuted than hear Hendrix singing about how the Quetzalcoatl glow one more time.

But if you like it, good for; it's more music stuff that you can enjoy.
I like keeping my sword wet, like a young girl in her prime.

k311250
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:50 am 

I didn't like The Ark Work because the vocals and the electronic components were terrible but at least it was trying to do something new. This is simply boring and uninteresting. I'm not even talking about the shitty ideas portrayed in the video, that's a different topic.

Oddeye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:24 am 

Blasphemy! There's only one genius named Hendrix and that's Jimi.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:10 am 

theposega wrote:
this song is fucking terrible on every goddamn level. the presumption that people don't like this because they can't appreciate hip hop is offensive and does absolutely nothing for the culture. the beat is ass. famine's half-assed growl flow is ass. this song fucking blows. and that's completely ignoring any and all nazi rap irony. just on a pure sonic level it's degrading.

Thank you.

Oddeye wrote:
Blasphemy! There's only one genius named Hendrix and that's Jimi.

Thank you too.

I don't get what it is about this band (and a lot of stuff this Famine guy does as well) that gets people salivating no matter how much random crap they come up with. Bands, particularly in the black metal underground, get dragged to the pillory for far less.
Well, at least that's one ridiculously overpriced record less I have to care about. Thank fuck I got the demos, the debut and L'Ordure cd when they were on sale for normal prices; looks like they're staying all the Pest Noire I'll ever need.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

SkinMM
Jesus Loves Me (More than You)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:53 pm 

My best shot at an English translation of the lyrics to 'Aristocrasse'. There may be a few imperfections here and there:

In Homer, the glory and the renown acquired in the competent milieu of the brave is the objective measure of value. The Homeric hero, like the Greek man, is only happy if he affirms himself, feels distinct and superior. (quote from Nietzsche).

Affirming myself the first
In my category
That of the ugly, the bad, the stillborn who only shoot bacteria
Since I was little my friend I've conceived of my life as a safari
In the midst of the hyenas, little prick
I've come to spit my breath
With hints of Zyklon, Bleu d'Auvergne and kerosene

All overwhelmed by my racy black
Look around you a little, queer
At the way I traced
Since PN there is not a single zen guy in the French black
Only dungs..
Where are the fucking white sharks?
A new production of La Mesnie Herlequin
And the black metallers sing the blues...

Big up Nero, Tepes, Rais, Sade and the others!
We came to resurrect the Berserkers, the Argonauts
The other age and the outrage, the ancient age and the rage
As big as Babar with a blond beard, a long bar
Our barbaric heritage

It is bad and sick that we remain loyal to the summit. Our kindness is evaluated by the degree of pain inflicted by the distension between the memory of the Top and the obligation of the Bottom: the rope from the past around the neck, the ball and chain of the future at our feet, that makes us great, tensed, almost torn. Our kindness will be: Avenge the elders and ourselves.

O Whiteness of my race, cadaverous light
Radiate your filth, make the horror a wonder! (féerique = fairy-like or magical/enchanting)
Here we are the aristocrats of the mud and the base
Yes we are half rats, half kings
Winners full of resentment like in Poitiers my guy
Enthroned, chilling (OKLM is french slang for being calm, having everything going well, widely used in French Hip-hop/Rap scene), cigar in hand
Tasting a coffee-cream in the face of our prisoners
Standing on our bleeding prey
Like big boars.

MC Famine, DJ genocide
For the Seventh Peste Nègre
More aggressive than a crowbar
And more sour
Than the dirtiest
Pesticides.
That will taste like death.

Last edited by SkinMM on Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
~Guest 285196
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:47 pm 

Thanks for the high effort translation, but...

Peste Noire wrote:
MC Famine, DJ genocide
For the Seventh Negro Plague
More aggressive than a crow bar
And more sour
Than the dirtiest
Pesticides.

:scratch:

SkinMM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:33 pm 

raumr wrote:
Thanks for the high effort translation, but...

Peste Noire wrote:
MC Famine, DJ genocide
For the Seventh Negro Plague
More aggressive than a crow bar
And more sour
Than the dirtiest
Pesticides.

Any lines you would query in particular? "Seventh Negro Plague" is a play on "Peste Noire", a reference to the style of this track (Peste Noire = Black Plague, Peste Negre = Negro plague) and the fact that the forthcoming album is their seventh.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:38 am 

And this too:
https://es-es.facebook.com/lamesnieherlequin/posts/1169520923196368
https://es-es.facebook.com/kommandopestenoire/posts/1099850246858166

Quote:
Getting ready to give birth to a monster! K.P.N. for KABARET PESTE NOIRE – an explosive mix of Black Metal, Dark Folk and French cabaret. Envision Edith Piaf gangbanged by Meyhna’ch and Tony Wakeford joined by Goebbels and you get the idea. The upcoming performance, unlike the street live that was improvised, is the result of a fruitful work that kept K.P.N. busy for the last few months. Together with a new accordionist, a percussionist, a bassist and two female singers, Famine (himself doing vocals and lead guitar) will present some of the classic Peste Noire tracks in a new interpretation.

The event will take place on Friday, December 14 at 20.00 PM at the very heart of Kiev – the Cossack House (the map is available on the official website: http://www.militant.zone/kabaret2018). You’ll have a chance to purchase the new album and merch at the Militant Store (located on the first floor) and attend to the show at the courtyard, which is large enough to put an outdoor stage and host up to 500 people. One of the benefits of making it our own grounds is total artistic freedom when it comes to visual aesthetics.

K.P.N. show being an extension of ASGARDSREI FEST 2018 will only be accessible by tickets to the festival. The regular price is 50 EUR (for all three days of the fest). Get your tickets online: http://WWW.MILITANT.ZONE/AR2018

P.S. Make sure to subscribe to the event page on FB to get all the latest updates: http://www.facebook.com/events/305388246729741

THE PLAGUE IS BACK – SPREAD THE PLAGUE!

https://es-es.facebook.com/lamesnieherlequin/posts/1190783604403433
https://es-es.facebook.com/kommandopestenoire/posts/1120285081481349

Quote:
KABARET PESTE NOIRE AU MONTERAY CLUB (Vendredi à 20h): http://WWW.MILITANT.ZONE/KABARET2018

Après avoir reconsidéré les choses en fonction du facteur météo et du confort de nos auditeurs, Militant Zone a décidé de déplacer le concert acoustique Peste Noire (live in Kiev) – qui était supposé se dérouler dehors – à l’intérieur du MonteRay club. Situé à seulement quelques minutes de Militant Store, le MonteRey peut facilement accueillir 500 personnes et, comme vous pouvez le voir sur les photos, est une place idéale pour un cabaret. Je m’y suis rendu à titre personnel pour vérifier et l’aspect vintage, classe, européen et aristocratique du lieu m’a de suite convaincu.

L’adresse est Prorizna Street, 8. Les portes ouvrent à 19h, le concert commence à 20h. La modique somme de 3 euros (100 UAH) sera demandée à l’entrée.

Accompagné d’un accordéoniste, d’un percussionniste, d’un bassiste et de deux chanteuses féminines, étant moi-même à la guitare sèche et au chant, nous vous présenterons des titres anciens de Peste Noire sous une forme nouvelle et acoustique.

N’oubliez pas de souscrire à la page FB de l’évènement pour vous tenir au courant de toutes les nouvelles: http://www.facebook.com/events/305388246729741

LA PESTE EST DE RETOUR, REPANDEZ-LA.

Anyway, I didn't like the accoustic street show.

HH_allin
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:44 pm 

Well i was so into rap that i almost started rapping myself but never bothered to make beats, only wrote rhymes so it didnt happen and i started to play guitar. Anyway i think the harsh vocals dont work in rap at all, you have to have smoothest delivery you can do while high on weed. If you go for the angry style you have to have harsh noise artist doing your beats like in Death Grips for example screaming works. Hell, id say even shit like tekashi would work if that fucking inbred monkey fuck wasnt such an easily hateable character and all his copycats sound like cat's piss too. It's kind of like bad black metal, you wanna like it but it's missing key ingredients. So either he needs a smooth delivery to his voice or harsher beats. Also if he really wants to spread message doing it in english would work wonders, even the norwegians did half the songs in english.

SkinMM

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:03 am 

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/P ... 018/751214

k311250
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:09 am 

Wow, this is so embarrassing. They outdid themselves again.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:47 am 

SkinMM wrote:
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Peste_Noire/Peste_Noire_2001-2018/751214

Thanks! :beer:

Quote:
Peste Noire 2001-2018
Peste Noire

Type: Full-length
Release date: December 14th, 2018
Catalog ID: N/A

Label: Militant Zone
Format: CD
Reviews: None yet

1. Aux armes!
2. Interlude
3. Songe viking
4. Raid éclair
5. 666 millions d'esclaves et de déchets
6. Noire Peste
7. Des médecins malades et des saints séquestrés
8. Turbofascisme
9. Aristocrasse
10. Domine

Complete Lineup:
Famine Guitars, Vocals (lead), Bass
Spellgoth Keyboards
Guest/Session
Ardraos Drums
Alexey Vocals (track 4)
Lola Vocals (female)
Lazareth Trumpet
Saartjie Cello
Âube Electronic, Trap parts

Additional Notes:
Tracks 1-5 called "Traditional Part"
Tracks 6-10 called "Degenerate Part"

Recording information:
Recorded in France by Famine at La Mesnie Herlequin studio.
Mastered in France by Nate Higgers.
Trap parts mixed in France by Aube
Mastered in Finland by The Finnvox Studio

https://es-es.facebook.com/kommandopestenoire/photos/a.889665241210002/1125367324306458

Quote:
Split Peste Noire / Peste Noire. 100% BLACK:

https://es-es.facebook.com/kommandopestenoire/posts/1125724330937424

Quote:
KABARET PESTE NOIRE - live in Kiev:
On yeasterday majestic winter night Famine and his troops gave a truly majestic show. Great success for Kabaret both in terms of turnout (more than 700 fans showed up for their first solo show) and the overall performance.
ASGARDSREI fest has begun, two more days to come! Photos and videos are coming on the official website: http://WWW.MILITANT.ZONE/KABARET2018

k311250 wrote:
Wow, this is so embarrassing. They outdid themselves again.

:nono:

Last edited by BasqueStorm on Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:55 am 

fuck yeah blackface.

it's really sad how this band has had to resort to dogshit shock tactics instead of just making music worth listening to in the first place. but i guess the debut was just a fluke so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:00 pm 

theposega wrote:
fuck yeah blackface.
it's really sad how this band has had to resort to dogshit shock tactics instead of just making music worth listening to in the first place. but i guess the debut was just a fluke so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, that's why some of us will listen to the album and talk later.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:09 pm 

lol yeah i'm sure this album is totally worth hearing man :wanker: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker:

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:16 pm 

Also notice how the "degenerate" part of the split is connected to the picture of him in blackface.... :ugh:

k311250
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:35 pm 

It only gets worse.

This is some of the most racist and dumb stuff I've seen in a while.

MonumentalBlackArt
Magic Mike Jr.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:23 pm 

theposega wrote:
fuck yeah blackface.

They've done other good stuff too. Their ST in particular has a few great tracks.

Waltz_of_Ghouls
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:48 pm 

k311250 wrote:
It only gets worse.

This is some of the most racist and dumb stuff I've seen in a while.

Disgusting.
Fire walk with me"

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:25 pm 

MonumentalBlackArt wrote:
theposega wrote:
fuck yeah blackface.

They've done other good stuff too. Their ST in particular has a few great tracks.

nah it's fuckin trash fam

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:29 pm 

That Vitriol song on the last page is truly horrific. I think I'm gonna puke.

Oddeye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:35 pm 

Fuck these guys, seriously.

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:51 pm 

theposega wrote:
lol yeah i'm sure this album is totally worth hearing man :wanker: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker:

I get that you're upset and KPN is indeed a retard, but the music's actually good except for that rap bullshit he did. You have the right to not support Peste Noire but don't cover your ears and go "blah blah blah" to others that are there for the music.

I hope the poster isn't included with the CD...

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:53 am 

So I guess the album getting banned by 99% of distribution channels will be his excuse for the ludicrous overpricing this time?
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:35 am 

TheMysticWombat wrote:
theposega wrote:

I get that you're upset and KPN is indeed a retard, but the music's actually good except for that rap bullshit he did. You have the right to not support Peste Noire but don't cover your ears and go "blah blah blah" to others that are there for the music.

I hope the poster isn't included with the CD...

hey, man, you do you. i like plenty of sketchy shit myself. this is just embarrassing imo. and nu-kpn is really not my bag.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:18 pm 

I applaud the charitable move by Asgardsrei festival to offer free tickets to the entire Kiev Hospital chemotherapy ward.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:27 am 

It's almost hilarious how much of a hard turn for the worse this whole thing took once the album art and that poster got revealed. At first it was just all "haha weird french black metal does rap music" and now it's just......yeesh.

SkinMM

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:40 am 

Update from Militant Zone on facebook:

Quote:
What happened to the new KPN album? Why it's not online anymore? Who killed Laura Palmer? Let's find out...

The reason is simple - our payment account was blocked an hour after online sales have started so we had to put it on hold until we can find a solution. That's what happens when your favourite band is super popular not only among good people but among bad people as well.

However, since we don't want to make fans wait much longer we'll be putting a digital version of the album online in the following days. Stay tuned and keep fingers crossed!

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:32 pm 

SkinMM wrote:
Update from Militant Zone on facebook:

Thanks! :beer:

9 hours ago:
https://www.facebook.com/militant.zone/posts/2264899430412078

Quote:
NEW PESTE NOIRE ALBUM ONLINE SALES START TODAY. Stay tuned!

3 hours ago:
https://www.facebook.com/militant.zone/posts/2265052267063461

Quote:
What happened to the new KPN album? Why it's not online anymore? Who killed Laura Palmer? Let's find out...

The reason is simple - our payment account was blocked an hour after online sales have started so we had to put it on hold until we can find a solution. That's what happens when your favourite band is super popular not only among good people but among bad people as well.

However, since we don't want to make fans wait much longer we'll be putting a digital version of the album online in the following days. Stay tuned and keep fingers crossed!

I did write those idiots about the album and am still waiting for their answer. :roll:

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:38 pm 

I like how this guy hates black people, but copies their music... badly.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:10 am 

Thiestru wrote:

I like how this guy loves to make people hate him... talking about him. :roll:

Same shit?
https://forum.metal-archives.com/viewtopic.php?p=2819254#p2819254

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:31 pm 

Thiestru wrote:

LOL, seriously.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:43 pm 

Maybe I'm making the same mistake as people saying Trump's idiocy is in fact multidimensional chess, but could it be that Famine is purposefully making terrible rap music to discredit rap and by extension the black people that created the genre? You know, because everything black is "degenerate and inferior" The rap side of the split is called the Degenerate Part, after all.

It would fit nicely with his Neo-Nazi crowd. Crypto-fascism and stuff.

Element_man
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:03 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
Maybe I'm making the same mistake as people saying Trump's idiocy is in fact multidimensional chess, but could it be that Famine is purposefully making terrible rap music to discredit rap and by extension the black people that created the genre? You know, because everything black is "degenerate and inferior" The rap side of the split is called the Degenerate Part, after all.

It would fit nicely with his Neo-Nazi crowd. Crypto-fascism and stuff.

This is how it seems to me. For all I know he may be an actual hip-hop fan but the music and demeanor is colored with the same irony that crypto-fascists love to employ.
Heavy Metal. No new shit.
Encloaked
Dungeon Synth/Fantasy Ambient

YesIam
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:56 pm 

He's been quite open about his love for hip hop in for some years now. A genre fill with gangsters, violence, hyper-masculinity and all that. He loves all that shit. Unless my mind is completely mixing things up now, I think he's a massive fan of Niska and Siboy who are both black. And as long as they're talented and make good tracks, he'll dig it no matter the color of the person behind the song. However, he's clearly not as positive towards the human beings behind the music if they're coloured.

But he's also been open about how he believe the white man paved way for the black ones, and if it wasn't for the greatness of the Aryan race the black hip hoppers would be swinging around their sticks, and showing off their donkeys and goats in their videos, instead of AK-47's and expensive cars.

I guess it's a bit similar to how myself, and others, in that we can listen to and enjoy NS-music despite not agreeing on the politics and all the crap they put in their lyrics, interviews and all that.

ADreamOfWolves
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:42 am 

You can stream and purchase the new album here - https://w8tanjugend.bandcamp.com/album/ ... este-noire

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:06 am 

YesIam wrote:
He's been quite open about his love for hip hop in for some years now. A genre fill with gangsters, violence, hyper-masculinity and all that. He loves all that shit. Unless my mind is completely mixing things up now, I think he's a massive fan of Niska and Siboy who are both black. And as long as they're talented and make good tracks, he'll dig it no matter the color of the person behind the song. However, he's clearly not as positive towards the human beings behind the music if they're coloured.

But he's also been open about how he believe the white man paved way for the black ones, and if it wasn't for the greatness of the Aryan race the black hip hoppers would be swinging around their sticks, and showing off their donkeys and goats in their videos, instead of AK-47's and expensive cars.

I guess it's a bit similar to how myself, and others, in that we can listen to and enjoy NS-music despite not agreeing on the politics and all the crap they put in their lyrics, interviews and all that.

This is absolutely one of the most disgusting posts on this forum. "We are ok with black people unless they are surpassing us." is what this amounts to. Fuck Peste Noire and fuck you too... Racist bullshit.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:46 am 

I think he just said he does *not* agree with NS beliefs, despite being able to enjoy the music all the same if it sounds good. He was reporting Famine's ideas, not his own.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

SkinMM

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:25 am 

Stream/Purchase: https://w8tanjugend.bandcamp.com/album/ ... album-2018

Also on youtube:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next