Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:36 pm 

Saw this commercial today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmhdx_kRd-w

Beautifully made... and the music...

Oxenkiller
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:15 pm 

Dave at his finest. Back when Megadeth were at their thrashiest. Yeah so he sold out to Apple, whatever, cool song!

blackmantram
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:32 pm 

better than 99% of metal videoclips

MrSnackmix
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 12:47 am 

What's with all the dislikes? Comments disabled too.

KrigareTjovane
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 12:56 am 

I'd guess the reason for all the dislikes is that your average Apple fanatic is more likely to be into Vampire Weekend than anything remotely hard rock.

I dislike Apple but I gotta admit, it's cool to see Megadeth acknowledged by such a powerful brand.

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 12:57 am 

Huh, that was kinda interesting lol. I laughed real hard at them syncing the elephant with Dave's "WAAAOHH!"

Oxenkiller
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:03 pm 

Interesting that they went clear back to the very earliest Megadeth record for that. I guess they couldn't find anything in his more recent catalog that was suitable? It's a great track, in any case. I want to go listen to that album now.

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:27 pm 

I knew the song sounded familiar when I saw the commercial a few days ago. It's a pretty cool commercial even though I dislike all the hype about Apple. My favourite part is the young elephant. In any future Megadeth review, I shall refer to Dave Mustaine as ''the screaming elephant''.

BlackSunBlood
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:19 pm 

Totally confused me about two days ago sitting at my desk and suddenly hearing old Megadeth from my TV. Used to listen to them constantly

D4nzig
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:15 am 

I really hope this song was used without consent so that it will be taken down once Dave finds out.
It really makes me wonder why such "progressive" and politically correct corporation like Apple would even want to have ANYTHING to do with a guy whose views are more or less polar opposite I mean what's next iPad ad with Ted Nugent's Cat Scratch Fever?

jimbies
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 9:36 am 

This plays during every commercial break on the MLB At Bat App. It must be a huge payday for Dave.

KrigareTjovane
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:10 pm 

D4nzig wrote:
I really hope this song was used without consent so that it will be taken down once Dave finds out.

Nah he posted it on Instagram himself talking about how awesome it was about a month ago lol

D4nzig
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:20 pm 

KrigareTjovane wrote:
D4nzig wrote:

Nah he posted it on Instagram himself talking about how awesome it was about a month ago lol

Shit.This really shaterred the illusion of integrity. Money talks I guess.

KrigareTjovane
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:27 pm 

Yes how dare established veteran artists get a bonus payday for their underappreciated works of yesteryear! OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

People need to FUCK OFF with the notion that making money is bad. Just because you don't have any doesn't mean others aren't allowed to earn some.

Oxenkiller
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:01 pm 

Well while I kind of agree; I don't have any problem with Dave allowing his song to be used by Apple, but you got to remember...Dave is pretty right wing. Right wingers tend to have no principles or ethics when it comes to making money- its all about unbridled capitalism and social Darwinism to them. Still, I wouldn't have had a problem with him letting the song be used in a commercial either way- nothing particularly unethical about it. He never pretended to be some underground punk-rock "dIy or die" kind of guy. I remember a couple years back Death Angel's "The Ultra Violence" track appeared in either a Burger King or a Wendy's (Cant remember which fast food chain it was) commercial, and I was like, that's kind of cool but, whatever.

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:36 pm 

Quote:
People need to FUCK OFF with the notion that making money is bad. Just because you don't have any doesn't mean others aren't allowed to earn some.

You have understood something most people fail to understand throughout their lives because they are constantly guided by jealousy.

Quote:
It really makes me wonder why such "progressive" and politically correct corporation like Apple would even want to have ANYTHING to do with a guy whose views are more or less polar opposite I mean what's next iPad ad with Ted Nugent's Cat Scratch Fever?

Just like any other multinational company, Apple is neither politically correct nor progressive. This is a fake image they have to get attention from naive young geeks. One also has to dissociate the art from the artist as long as they aren't extremists. Politics don't have anything to do with this particular commercial. The energy of the song simply fits the sales strategy behind the advertisement of this product.

D4nzig
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:33 am 

KrigareTjovane wrote:
Yes how dare established veteran artists get a bonus payday for their underappreciated works of yesteryear! OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

Making money is great but Apple isn't really a company worth endorsing but that's just my opinion.

KrigareTjovane
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:39 am 

I dislike Apple as much as anybody (true story: they killed my father AND fucked my mother), but if they wanna pay me beaucoup bucks, then HELL YEAH. Every fucking cent I can take from those rat bastards is a win for me, and a win for capitalism. If those dumb assholes are just gonna throw their money around to ANY dirty old schmuck, may as well be me right?

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:53 am 

carnival_corpse wrote:
Saw this commercial today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmhdx_kRd-w
Beautifully made... and the music...

Apple sucks and so does Megadeth.

MrSnackmix wrote:
What's with all the dislikes? Comments disabled too.

It's called hypocrisy. They want you to feel participant when they need it to sell.

Gunslinger21
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:13 am 

Anyone in this thread want to tell me what their problem is with Apple? I'd genuinely like to know. My reason for disliking Apple is 1. they have a history of killing off their devices after a certain time period through updates, and 2. Their iMacs are overpriced af for what you actually get.

at the gaytes
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:13 pm 

Gunslinger21 wrote:
Anyone in this thread want to tell me what their problem is with Apple? I'd genuinely like to know. My reason for disliking Apple is 1. they have a history of killing off their devices after a certain time period through updates, and 2. Their iMacs are overpriced af for what you actually get.

They made a career of releasing trendy shit for dumbasses that like to pay for overpriced products that other companies sell at much better price and compatibility

D4nzig
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:21 pm 

Gunslinger21 wrote:

How to be an Apple fanboy in nine easy steps:
1. Spend a month's salary on a logo.
2. Have the thing inevitably break due to poor quality control.
3. Take it to an Apple Store for repairs since it's a closed ecosystem and nobody else can repair it, and you can't even get the right parts to fix it yourself (not that you would know how anyway since a tech-savvy person wouldn't have bought an Apple product in the first place).
4. Pay whatever ransom Apple demands since they have no real competitors you can take your device to.
5. Get your device back weeks later when they finally decide to get around to fixing it.
6. Find out your device is still broken, or is now broken in a different way.
7. Complain about your experience on social media.
8. Get told you could have bought an equivalently spec'd Windows or Android device for half the price.
9. Tell them, "lol ur just mad cuz u cant afford Apple."

orphy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:57 pm 

I saw this commercial come up while watching NBA playoffs, and the whole time I was thinking "damn, someone cool got to select the music for this one."

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:25 am 

D4nzig wrote:
How to be an Apple fanboy in nine easy steps:

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:25 pm 

kluseba wrote:
Quote:

You have understood something most people fail to understand throughout their lives because they are constantly guided by jealousy.

People are primarily against doing bad in order to make money.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Apple_Inc.

KrigareTjovane
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:05 pm 

Ah yes because taking a bad person's money = doing bad yourself.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:59 pm 

If you think them paying you to use your stuff in a commercial is you taking their money, then you haven't understood the purpose and effect of commercials. Companies make way more money thanks to commercials than they lose by paying those involved with their commercials. Anyone who have passed elementary school knows that.

KrigareTjovane
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:57 pm 

Sure quibble about semantics and word choice if you like. Their ads are going to make them a fuck load of money anyways regardless if they use some crusty old speed metal from the 80s or not. Why not be the one profiting from it?

You can't beat these evil fucking nerds anyway so why not join 'em? Does it make a difference either way? Nope. Nothing matters and we should all kill ourselves.

HaPoStaPu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:54 am 

Saw it at the cinema last night. I generally hate adverts but this is pretty neat, nature footage and metal, things I enjoy.

HaPoStaPu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:59 am 

KrigareTjovane wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCHj2GHEhOo

I'm poor though ;-P too lazy....

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:28 am 

Mixing metal and nature footage needs to be more of a thing, especially when it comes to comically timed elephants.

Reply to topic