Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Paganbasque
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:18 am 

From the Basque lands return one of the most revered projects in the atmospheric black metal scene. Elffor is back with a new album entitled "Impious Battlefields" and it marks also a return to its atmospheric black metal sound after two albums focused on Dungen/synth sounds.

The new album is a great combination between its classic sound and the heavier recent approach. First and last songs are pure medieval black metal and it will make happy all the fans who loved albums like "From the Throne of Hate" or "Unblessed Woods".

Album cover made once again by the Basque artist Igor Muguerza:

You can check out(and order) the album here:

https://elffor.bandcamp.com/

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:40 pm 

I'll check this one out. The last album got some bad reviews but I liked it a lot. They always have awesome cover art too.

Paganbasque
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:40 am 

Pitiless Wanderer wrote:
I'll check this one out. The last album got some bad reviews but I liked it a lot. They always have awesome cover art too.

If you like previous works I am sure you Will enjoy it a lot. Second track reminds me what he did in Malkhendant but with some good keys.

pfk505
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:51 am 

It's great, as per usual. I do find it more in the Malkhedant style (which I absolutely loved) than in his past works, with the exception of maybe the first track. No matter how he changes the formula, Eöl always strikes gold, and this one is no exception. I've been listening non-stop since the bandcamp release and the CD is in the mail!

Paganbasque
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:22 am 

pfk505 wrote:
It's great, as per usual. I do find it more in the Malkhedant style (which I absolutely loved) than in his past works, with the exception of maybe the first track. No matter how he changes the formula, Eöl always strikes gold, and this one is no exception. I've been listening non-stop since the bandcamp release and the CD is in the mail!

And the digipak is as fine as usual. :)

The second track is the most similar to Malkhendant, though it has some nice atmospheric keys.

Reply to topic