Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Temple Of Blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:29 pm 

?

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:24 pm 

I believe the KISS army are still at large, presumed bald.

Uncolored wrote:
non 80's wodos members are enemies of teutonic beatles hairstyle thrash

BloodUponTheStage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:54 pm 

Not that I can think of. Bandcamp seems to have thoroughly killed the street team. That's not really a bad thing though.

Metal Shark
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:54 pm 

"Does any band still have an active "street team" any more?"

I hope not!

Jackoroth
Metalhead

Location: Taumatawhakatangi­hangakoauauotamatea­turipukakapikimaunga­horonukupokaiwhen­uakitanatahu
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:09 am 

Probably not but a couple years back in the city these dudes came up to me with a pair of headphones and a copy of their CD asking me to put on the headphones to listen to it.

I declined not because I didn't want to give their music a chance but more so that I didn't want to potentially get someone's disgusting ear wax in my ears.

CoconutBackwards
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:11 pm 

Acrobat wrote:

LOL
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Element_man
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:53 pm 

We started one for our tour of the EU that's kicking off next week. We trolled Facebook and Instagram for people posting pictures of our albums/merch located in the cities we booked and messaged them directly about it. We offered them guest list plus some free swag in exchange for ground-level promotion form them. We printed and mailed out a promo package of show flyers, business cards and album download codes plus other goodies at our own expense to these folks. We ended up mailing 8 of these packages out, mostly to smaller shows where the extra promo will hopefully come in handy. I saw the band Silver Talon make a public social media post offering a similar deal to fans in the USA but I don't know how well it worked for them.

Everyone we reached out to was enthusiastic about the idea and excited to help. They also offered to help us in other ways, like meet us before the show with coffee and clean socks (thank GOD). Others offered us info about the venues and surrounding neighborhood. Almost everyone we sent packages too declined the guest list pass, telling us they still wanted to pay money to see us. Of course we'll put them down with a +1 anyways.

When we're done with the tour I'll post about how it worked out and if I think it made a difference compared to the shows where we didn't find anyone. In any case it's been cool connecting with fans and making friends ahead of time and I can see myself developing this for future tours based on the initial reaction.

idunnosomename
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:19 pm 

Acrobat wrote:

hey kids, you like god of thunder, right??

Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:30 am 

I was referred to as "the guy who street teams for Gruesome" on another message board I post at a couple of years ago.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:37 am 

Element_man wrote:
We started one for our tour of the EU that's kicking off next week. We trolled Facebook and Instagram for people posting pictures of our albums/merch located in the cities we booked and messaged them directly about it. We offered them guest list plus some free swag in exchange for ground-level promotion form them. We printed and mailed out a promo package of show flyers, business cards and album download codes plus other goodies at our own expense to these folks. We ended up mailing 8 of these packages out, mostly to smaller shows where the extra promo will hopefully come in handy. I saw the band Silver Talon make a public social media post offering a similar deal to fans in the USA but I don't know how well it worked for them.

Everyone we reached out to was enthusiastic about the idea and excited to help. They also offered to help us in other ways, like meet us before the show with coffee and clean socks (thank GOD). Others offered us info about the venues and surrounding neighborhood. Almost everyone we sent packages too declined the guest list pass, telling us they still wanted to pay money to see us. Of course we'll put them down with a +1 anyways.

When we're done with the tour I'll post about how it worked out and if I think it made a difference compared to the shows where we didn't find anyone. In any case it's been cool connecting with fans and making friends ahead of time and I can see myself developing this for future tours based on the initial reaction.

That's actually a pretty cool way to go about it, much less forced than the "get your girlfriend and whatever friends can put up with you to do it" method. Hopefully that works for you all. Also let me know if you tour the States and are curious about setting up an Indianapolis date. Such things are definitely doable.

Reply to topic