Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 502755
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:20 am 

Nice job, guys.

InnesI
The Goat Fucker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:14 pm 

While I too am saddened it has come to this. And I also want to support Krzysztof Drabikowski in all this I have to say that while his new album is fine it doesn't really catch my attention. That said Barts version if way more boring so I still prefer Drabikowski's version but to me it is a far cry from what made the debut album so excellent.
I've also been called a satanist, communist, right wing, nazi-apologist, conservative dipshit, muslim (lover), PC, feminist, neoliberal, boot licker, verbal masturbator and an eternal low-key fascist enabler! Please add your projection too.
Ad hominem

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:26 pm 

wow this second bartushka song is so bad

i'm assuming the apathy here is strong is this came out last week and nobody posted it but holy hell. this is so lazy.

Seto
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:28 pm 

theposega wrote:
wow this second bartushka song is so bad

i'm assuming the apathy here is strong is this came out last week and nobody posted it but holy hell. this is so lazy.

Isn't it just? Boy did Metal Blade back the wrong horse. Not only rubbish, but generic as hell too. Pretty embarrassing for Bart how obvious it is that Krzysztof was the brains behind the operation.

On that note, I think Panihida is pretty damn good. Maybe not as good as the debut but still a fine work - I thought it was mediocre on first listen but definitely improves with repeated plays.

GrayChild
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:49 am 

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2354416898180462&id=100008365234473

From Reddit:

Quote:
Report from Faketushka at Download

This is a fucking joke. A decent crowd came down to see the show (don't know how many know about the drama)

They spent the first 12 minutes of their 30 minute set lighting incense and making the odd cymbal noise and fair few people are leaving.

I hope Derph gets compensation from Bart for the reputational damage he is doing now.

They were loved at Damnation fest, now they are a joke.

EDIT - They played 1 or 2 songs. They're lighting more candles

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:12 am 

The sad thing is that I think the aesthetic they're leaning into so hard is really fucking rad. Loads of candles and incense, presented as a sermon/ceremony, band behind drapes, vocalist wearing a mask, not moving and standing behind an altar the entire time, that all sounds like an incredibly cool and immersive experience.

It's just a huge fuckin' bummer that Bartushka is the one trying to do it and completely squandering all of the good press Batushka garnered in its original form. I think it's safe to say that Krysystyisoff wins. Flawless victory.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:23 am 

To be completely honest I don't think it's that original, they are just Orthodox Cult of Fire and when I saw Cult of Fire I already thought it was a bit too much. I prefer bands with a simpler approach, Irkallian Oracle do it better.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:32 am 

Just so I'm clear - is Fartushka not playing/allowed to play anything off Litourgiya live? What the hell is even the point of seeing them? I imagine 50% of their audience is unaware of this whole controversy, 45% are there to watch the dumpster fire burn, and then maybe 5% are actually excited about the upcoming album.

Speaking of which, why is Bart's Batushka on the Archives when they don't have a physical release out yet?

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:38 am 

Razakel wrote:
Just so I'm clear - is Fartushka not playing/allowed to play anything off Litourgiya live? What the hell is even the point of seeing them? I imagine 50% of their audience is unaware of this whole controversy, 45% are there to watch the dumpster fire burn, and then maybe 5% are actually excited about the upcoming album.

Speaking of which, why is Bart's Batushka on the Archives when they don't have a physical release out yet?

I think the mods decided it would be best to include it in order to prevent any possible confusion once they split the Batushka page into 3.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:20 pm 

Gravetemplar wrote:
Razakel wrote:

I think the mods decided it would be best to include it in order to prevent any possible confusion once they split the Batushka page into 3.

Pretty sure it's because it's not viewed as a new band, but the splitting of a disputed band page.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:38 pm 

^

The site software has some limitations, one of them being that you can't have two sets of data (discography, members, etc.) on the same page without having them mix together, thus creating mass confusion. So when a band is in dispute - in which case there are multiple versions of the same band - there's no elegant way to show this on MA. The only solution, short of picking sides or creating a mess, is to set the band to disputed status, 'end' it at the time the band first went into disputed status, and to create 'child' versions of the band for each disputed version. That's how you end up with an "original" Batushka page, with two child pages for Bart's Batushka and Krzysztof's Batushka.

It helps to imagine that these aren't separate bands, and that in reality both versions of the band claim the band and its material prior to 2018 as their own. Both Bart and Krzysztof don't see their versions as anything new; from their point of view their versions are just a continuation of the 'original' Batushka. Each would claim "Litourgiya" belongs to them and their version. So I guess long story short, the reason Bart's Batushka has its own page, despite the album not being out yet, is because it's not a "new" band (as dystopia4 said) or a changed name or anything of that sort. If there was only one Batushka - and it was Bart's - his upcoming album would be added to the Batushka page because "Litourgiya" already qualified for the band to be on MA, and we allow upcoming albums to be added to existing band pages (so long as all the info is available for them). The same is true if this new album is non-metal, as was the case with English Dogs. Once a band is on MA, we include all albums, regardless if they're metal or not. The same rules apply here, the only difference being that they have separate band pages for each disputed version as a result of technical limitations, not because they are somehow separate projects.

So when you visit Bart's and Krzysztof's versions, just imagine that "Yekteníya VII" and "Litourgiya" are also included in the discographies on their versions' pages.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:45 pm 

Metal-Archives isn't doing any worse than the much better-funded Discogs.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:12 pm 

GrayChild wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2354416898180462&id=100008365234473

From Reddit:

Quote:
Report from Faketushka at Download

This is a fucking joke. A decent crowd came down to see the show (don't know how many know about the drama)

They spent the first 12 minutes of their 30 minute set lighting incense and making the odd cymbal noise and fair few people are leaving.

I hope Derph gets compensation from Bart for the reputational damage he is doing now.

They were loved at Damnation fest, now they are a joke.

EDIT - They played 1 or 2 songs. They're lighting more candles

I'm eagerly awaiting for something like this to happen to Bart during a set:

VaeFUCKINGVictus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:34 pm 

Another bartushka music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxzcshhQoeE

This is hilariously boring. Holy shit.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:41 pm 

what in the hell was that? that's barely even an interlude, let alone an actual song, and somehow it goes on for six minutes. really glad this fake version has turned out to be such an embarrassing trainwreck.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:40 am 

i'm almost physically angry rn thanks to how inarguably bad that was. bart has to be zooted off his own farts to even think anyone would be interested in that. what an absolute fucking toad.

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:54 am 

God this new Bartushka album is not shaping up to be good. Every song he's released is short on ideas, drawn out, generic and with the window dressing of Batushka in the form of chanting. Nothing happened in that third song, I swear.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:59 pm 

theposega wrote:
i'm almost physically angry rn thanks to how inarguably bad that was.

Understandable, but obviously Bart's album turning out to be the worst-case scenario is really the best-case scenario. It'll be hilarious if this album sells really shittily and gets critically bashed across the board, which, given what we've heard and seen so far, is almost certainly what will happen. The joke's on him and Metal Blade.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:38 pm 

Oh most definitely. This whole situation is great and I fully anticipate Unspoken King/[Illud[/i] levels of mockery once this fully comes out. I was just angry at having to hear that shit.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:14 pm 

Razakel wrote:
It'll be hilarious if this album sells really shittily and gets critically bashed across the board, which, given what we've heard and seen so far, is almost certainly what will happen. The joke's on him and Metal Blade.

Granted bartushka is still in pre-order, but just compare the number of supporters:

https://sphieratz.bandcamp.com
https://batushka.bandcamp.com

Drab's version has been at the top or near the top of Bandcamp's best-selling metal for a month now: https://bandcamp.com/?g=metal&s=top&p=0 ... 0#discover

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:22 pm 

The Bart tracks are kind of reminding me of the last two Rotting Christ albums where it seems like the song just keeps building up to a climax that never happens, plus a lot of meandering "atmospheric"choirs that don't actually do anything. (though even at their weakest RC was never this bad, obviously.)

FFS man, "atmospheric" doesn't mean "never resolves to anything." Krystushka never had that problem, of course.

Metal_On_The_Ascendant
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:40 pm 

A contemporary reviewer weighs in on the whole situation and offers solid points about how the music industry treats artists and listeners....which is both odd and depressing considering the context here is underground metal.

Last edited by Metal_On_The_Ascendant on Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:00 pm 

Smoking_Gnu wrote:
The Bart tracks are kind of reminding me of the last two Rotting Christ albums where it seems like the song just keeps building up to a climax that never happens, plus a lot of meandering "atmospheric"choirs that don't actually do anything. (though even at their weakest RC was never this bad, obviously.)

FFS man, "atmospheric" doesn't mean "never resolves to anything." Krystushka never had that problem, of course.

This comment pretty much sums up the album. Polunosznica is probably the only decent track even though it's intro sunds silly.

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:46 pm 

well, Hospodi really is as bad as the preview tracks suggested.

Necrodictator
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:38 pm 

Don't know why, but this "sandwitch" made me chuckle:

VaeFUCKINGVictus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:39 pm 

You snowflakes are taking Hospodi out of context. It’s almost like you guys ARENT lighting candles, snorting incense, or hitting your orthodox priest hat on microphones before listening to it.

In all seriousness, part of me is sad because if Bart has just started a new band, I think I’d be able to dig it slightly. But if you go watch https://youtu.be/MY25v2CZ0AM?t=1657 (at the incl. timestamp) and told me that was Batushka, hell, even told me that was black metal, I would choke.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:13 am 

yeah that riff made me do the thonk face irl when i first heard it. album is very, very terrible and bad. some of the absolute worst songwriting i've heard in any style. only "powieczerje" feels like a song, and that one's just kinda okay.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:24 am 

Saw a youtube comment saying "This is just a Hermh album under a different name" and that actually makes a ton of sense now.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:17 pm 

...but Hermh could at least be entertaining in their own tacky way occasionally.

This is so astonishingly boring it feels thrice as long as it actually is.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

~Guest 329938
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:44 pm 

t.

Last edited by ~Guest 329938 on Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:09 am 

Bart's version of Batushka just announced an Australian tour. I won't be going, but it will be interesting to see the reception, or lack of it.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:07 am 

VaeFUCKINGVictus wrote:
But if you go watch https://youtu.be/MY25v2CZ0AM?t=1657 (at the incl. timestamp) and told me that was Batushka, hell, even told me that was black metal, I would choke.

What really drives it home is the riff that follows because if the first riff didn't sound Rammstein enough the cut into the Flake-keyboard-solo sounding next part will finish the job.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:37 am 

In lieu of a proper review of this album, I'm just gonna record a video of myself breaking into somebody else's house and awkwardly lighting candles in their basement for fifty minutes. It'll have the same effect.

motorsport
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:35 am 

I hope it flops and Metal Blade takes a huge hit in the pockets.

~Guest 502755
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:09 pm 

Bart didn't even bother to check the choir parts that he inserted into the album. Here at 44:40 (timestamped it) they sing:
"...усопших рабов твоих, узникам, страдальчески погибшим в фашистских концлагерях"
Which means:
"...your dead servants, to prisoners who painfully died in fascist (Nazi) concentration camps"
Epic fail. :brick:

So basically those choir parts make absolutely no sense. Kinda like symphonic metal bands inserting random Latin parts just to sound cool. The funniest thing is that I'm sure every Pole can understand what "фашистских концлагерях" means. He didn't even listen to the parts he decided to include.

Compare that to Derph who actually changed the lyrics to make them have the sense that he wished for them to have. Just shows how lazy Bart really is.

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:00 pm 

Krystof's Batsuhka was actually cool

Bart's though was, as y'all have said, trash. Every buildup was painfully slow and feeble and went nowhere, the songs blended together (the last 4 songs were *identical*, and 1 song actually had any urgency and it was practically Von levels of repetitive), at no point did any of the ideas sound good or well used.

The fact that he stole a band to put this out, or even at all, is insulting.

GrayChild
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:01 pm 

VaeFUCKINGVictus wrote:
In all seriousness, part of me is sad because if Bart has just started a new band, I think I’d be able to dig it slightly. But if you go watch https://youtu.be/MY25v2CZ0AM?t=1657 (at the incl. timestamp) and told me that was Batushka, hell, even told me that was black metal, I would choke.

This time I really expected him to scream "JUMP DA FUK UP IN THE NAME OF JESUS!" at the end. Such a missed opportunity.

Earthshine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:13 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
Bart's version of Batushka just announced an Australian tour. I won't be going, but it will be interesting to see the reception, or lack of it.

Damn, I'm almost tempted to go. I hate the idea of putting any money towards this band though. I really hope other Australians are aware of the whole situation. Anyone who saw them play at Dark Mofo in their original form will be sorely disappointed if they attend this tour.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:15 pm 

Diplomate wrote:
Bart didn't even bother to check the choir parts that he inserted into the album. Here at 44:40 (timestamped it) they sing:
"...усопших рабов твоих, узникам, страдальчески погибшим в фашистских концлагерях"
Which means:
"...your dead servants, to prisoners who painfully died in fascist (Nazi) concentration camps"
Epic fail. :brick:

So basically those choir parts make absolutely no sense. Kinda like symphonic metal bands inserting random Latin parts just to sound cool. The funniest thing is that I'm sure every Pole can understand what "фашистских концлагерях" means. He didn't even listen to the parts he decided to include.

Compare that to Derph who actually changed the lyrics to make them have the sense that he wished for them to have. Just shows how lazy Bart really is.

wow if true

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:53 am 

Maybe he's scared to become the next metalsucks target? :lol:
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next