Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
VaeFUCKINGVictus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:55 pm 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Batushka/comme ... um=ios_app

The true Batushka has suited up, boys and girls. Seems like Derph is far from laying down.

AbdullahNA
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:31 am 

I have no idea which one is which anymore. Seen them live at Brutal Assault 2017 and it was epic. This year at Brutal Assault I couldn't continue watching them live, the music was garbage, and I've noticed plenty of people with Batushka T-shirts walk away from the set.

Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:48 am 

AbdullahNA wrote:
I have no idea which one is which anymore. Seen them live at Brutal Assault 2017 and it was epic. This year at Brutal Assault I couldn't continue watching them live, the music was garbage, and I've noticed plenty of people with Batushka T-shirts walk away from the set.

2017 Batushka live would've been the original line-up, with Bart on vocals, and Derph on guitars, playing songs written by Derph, as heard on the album Litourgiya. This year's Batushka would be the Bart's version, with hired guns playing all instruments, and the songs written by someone who was not a part of the original Batushka lineup.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:52 am 

VS

Vigintiseptem
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:19 am 

Bartushka is essentially* comparable to Venien's VON (yeah, remember that?) and the former will fizzle away just like the latter did after the initial hype and controversy.

*: talentless hacks riding the wave raised by others

blackmantram
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:34 am 

AbdullahNA wrote:

Really??? This is why Bart is having success with his bullshit, either people are too stupid to realise or they just don't care.

VaeFUCKINGVictus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:20 pm 

From Faketushka's FB:

"Our sacristy is waiting for us...
We are currently preparing a special liturgy for the upcoming tours containing chants from our first and second albums, and special hymns that you will hear for the first time.
Be ready for the Communion of Death!"

Whelp, the fucker is going to do it. What a travesty.

narsilianshard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:01 pm 

blackmantram wrote:
AbdullahNA wrote:

Really??? This is why Bart is having success with his bullshit, either people are too stupid to realise or they just don't care.

It's not stupidity, or even really ignorance. 99% of music fans don't know the first thing about the artists they listen to. That's incredibly normal. We're the weirdos who actually take the time to do deep dives into who is in what band and what the current news is. Why would anyone see the name Batushka on a bill and even think to question who the members are, especially since they're supposed to be anonymous anyway? Bartushka will probably continue to see massive success given that they own the trademark in the US and have the full support of one of the biggest metal labels in the world. Yes, it's a shame, but you can't blame the fans for that.

schizoid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:52 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
blackmantram wrote:
AbdullahNA wrote:

It's not stupidity, or even really ignorance. 99% of music fans don't know the first thing about the artists they listen to. That's incredibly normal. We're the weirdos who actually take the time to do deep dives into who is in what band and what the current news is. Why would anyone see the name Batushka on a bill and even think to question who the members are, especially since they're supposed to be anonymous anyway? Bartushka will probably continue to see massive success given that they own the trademark in the US and have the full support of one of the biggest metal labels in the world. Yes, it's a shame, but you can't blame the fans for that.

I disagree. This is underground music we're talking about. It's not like people would hear the music on the radio/shopping at the mall/whatever and just decide they like it and buy a ticket for the show. To get into music like this does require some level of delving into, and with a simple Batushka google search it wont take long to come across all the nonsense that is going on.

Unless of course its fans who are there for another band on the bill.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:51 am 

schizoid wrote:
I disagree. This is underground music we're talking about. It's not like people would hear the music on the radio/shopping at the mall/whatever and just decide they like it and buy a ticket for the show. To get into music like this does require some level of delving into, and with a simple Batushka google search it wont take long to come across all the nonsense that is going on.

There's still a level between delving into something underground, and actively pursuing news about and discussing it in detail. Can't speak for the experiences of other folks here, but I've been consistently surprised at certain metal shows I attended as to the number of people who really just knew the surface details of the bands they were there to see, or similar bands when they came up in discussion. In a lot of cases these days, even in "underground" music, people will just hear the name of a few bands, add some of their tracks to a spotify playlist and call it a day.
In the end- in life- aren't we all sort of wearing corpse-paint in front of a crowd of strangers? Or is that the most pathetic metal-themed analogy ever uttered? I cannot tell, but I feel a bit ashamed now.

NEW Valcove album: https://valcove.bandcamp.com/album/forge

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:34 am 

Even with underground music, casual culture is very much a thing.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:21 am 

Yeah people on these forums often get a sort of insulated sense of how nerdy the average person is about music. A lot of people just listen to the albums - even underground extreme music - without keeping up with the gossip shit. With the internet it's much easier to be a fan of this stuff than it used to be, too.

wednesdaysixx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:52 am 

It's comparable to the recent cliche about people who get Ramones shirts because they like a few songs and know if they hear them they'll enjoy it, versus the people who want to interrogate those people because they know every track listing, every release, can name every member etc.
Casual listening happens in every genre at every level. Personally, I've only recently listened to entire death metal albums end-to-end but still felt I had opinions on what bands I did or didn't like. We're (here on these forums) the ones who take the time, effort, finances to delve into bands, music, back catalogues, obscure videos etc to learn about things and keep up with news whilst many others would happily just listen to singles/greatest hits/the top youtube or Spotify results for a band.
Whilst I think quite strongly that Batushka with Krystof is better than Bart's, musically and visually I can see how people not following it could be confused and could end up watching a Batushka and not know who they're seeing. There's a reason confusion is brought up in lawsuits over band names.

androdion
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:28 pm 

So fans of metal bands are that casual too? I thought that was a mainstream thing. Always learning I guess.

narsilianshard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:43 pm 

The top Batushka video on Youtube has 3 million plays. Batushka has 80,000 fans on Facebook. You'll find similar differentials for just about every band. So yeah, there is an unbelievably massive gap between fans who listen casually and those who actively follow the band in some capacity. Even in metal, doing anything beyond listening on Spotify or Youtube is not the norm.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:18 pm 

androdion wrote:
So fans of metal bands are that casual too? I thought that was a mainstream thing. Always learning I guess.

I'd guess that's a somewhat recent development, largely due to the development of the internet and then streaming services. Back in the tape trading and zine days most of the underground metal fanbase was probably very dedicated and informed, but the overall size of the fanbase was much smaller too.
In the end- in life- aren't we all sort of wearing corpse-paint in front of a crowd of strangers? Or is that the most pathetic metal-themed analogy ever uttered? I cannot tell, but I feel a bit ashamed now.

NEW Valcove album: https://valcove.bandcamp.com/album/forge

androdion
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:42 pm 

It's funny because I happen to have a friend that is a collector like myself and grew up with the 90s underground, but whenever we drive to a show he's always putting "singles" (read: loose songs and not entire albums) all the way. A guy who slaps a Last.fm/Spotify/Youtube combo on his phone, transmitted into his car stereo and then we go the entire time hopping songs. So I guess that it may indeed be a matter of availability and immediacy in this day and age. We're being constantly bombarded with more and more and more stuff to listen to in every online platform so it's hard to keep up. And he gets promos from labels so he's also constantly sending stuff for me to listen to, which more often than not is a matter of "heard a couple of songs, sounded nice, sent it to me". So there's no filter on if it's good or not, it's just more more more.

It's just a strange notion that some people would treat underground metal like mainstream pop when it comes to their listening habits. It's just, I don't know, weird I guess? I guess I'm getting old and the rest of the metal world is evolving into something I really don't relate to.

wednesdaysixx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:59 pm 

I think it depends on individuals, time available, finances. If people buy records they’re more inclined, it seems, to listen to albums. If people are short on time and/or money they’re more, seemingly, inclined towards singles or hopping across popular recommendations on the platform of choice. If they’ve got time they’ll look into bands, read interviews, follow them on social media, check out the documentaries. If they don’t, it’s just whatever happens to catch their eye and they may go years without hearing anything.
In my case, it’s a combination of in the last year or so I’ve entered a relationship with someone not into metal (she likes classic rock type stuff and pop) and I’ve got a stepdaughter, I’m also a uni student and work part time, so it’s easier for me to listen to a “New metal releases” playlist to get a gist of current events or some album I already know is child-friendly to play whilst I make breakfast than it is for me to carve out time to sit/lie and put an album on and really soak it in, taking notice of lyrics, drums, vocals, album art etc.
I think also, I’ve hit a point where I’m following so much music on here, Reddit, social media, email newsletters, that I physically can’t keep up with everything in terms of releases, lineup changes, tour dates etc.
But that’s just me, and I feel this thread is derailing so err... Krystof’s Batushka is an album I’ve listened to end to end and I really loved it and need to sit with it more. The original Batushka album I’ve listened to a handful of times and it’s really cool and I can see an obvious progression there.

androdion
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:06 pm 

Valid points indeed. We're getting old and responsible, ha ha. But yeah, I won't derail the thread more.

Nokturniis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:01 am 

Unbelievable... Faketushka now has a documentary in the works.

1. Elysian Blaze
2. Nortt
3. Midnight Odyssey
4. The Ruins Of Beverast
5. Urfaust

Nokturniis (Pure Ghastly Haunting Eerie Dungeon Synth) - https://nokturniis.bandcamp.com/

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:45 pm 

lol jesus fucking christ this keeps getting more and more embarassing

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:59 pm 

Nokturniis wrote:

Made by the same guy who did the videoclip:

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:18 am 

Nokturniis wrote:

At this point I am 666% sure that Bart is trying to get as much ad revenue as possible from these fucking videos before he inevitably loses to the court and has to cough up money.

Auch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:26 pm 

Wow - a documentary? He's not even pretending that the anonymity is important to the band anymore, huh?

GrayChild
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:17 am 

No one needs your knock-off anymore, Bart.

Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:00 pm 

The best thing to do is not give that charade any attention or press. Right now it lives off the viral infamy that Bart's thievery has caused. If something from the Derph camp comes up, it's good to support that - if you like - and ignore the bullshit.

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:26 pm 

GrayChild wrote:
(image)
No one needs your knock-off anymore, Bart.

Let's hope he succeeds and this sells out super quick. :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal:

~Guest 502755
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:02 am 

How does one casually start listening to black metal? I can't fathom this notion.

Thumbman
The Shellfish

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:56 pm 

https://batyushka.bandcamp.com/album/-

Looks like there's a new false Batushka in town.

Auch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:49 pm 

I'm down for that and haven't even listened to the album yet.

schizoid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:45 am 

dystopia4 wrote:

This should get picked up by Metal Enterprises

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:43 am 

Not listening, I boycott everything that is against satatanism.

https://www.last.fm/user/oldmetalthrone

CrippledLucifer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:50 pm 

So anyone here down to forming a 5th Batushka? I feel like there's space in the world for even MORE batushka!

Gravetemplar
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:40 pm 

At least this band got the name right.

blackmantram
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:07 pm 

"A true БАТЮШКА album by a band formed by the real orthodox priests from Russia. We are not some bunch of larping posers, but true christians."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My heroes!

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:39 pm 

dystopia4 wrote:

This new band already has more albums than any of the past Babushkas! The others really gotta pick up the pace here! :lol:

https://batyushka.bandcamp.com/album/--2

Space_alligator
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:58 pm 

schizoid wrote:

Unless of course its fans who are there for another band on the bill.

I've seen plenty of post's on facebook sharing songs from.the band or praising them, with no idea about the drama.

TheLoneForest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:42 pm 

droneriot wrote:
Not listening, I boycott everything that is against satatanism.

bro you just posted cringe bro you're gonna lose subscriber

CrippledLucifer wrote:
So anyone here down to forming a 5th Batushka? I feel like there's space in the world for even MORE batushka!

I'm down. Let's do it

Cheapsteaks
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:08 pm 

Time to make a parody in the vein of Cannabis Corpse, Bakushka

Subrick
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:20 pm 

The Batushka's are self-replicating at this point. Pretty soon they will envelope and devour the earth, then the solar system, followed by the galaxy, and eventually this universe. Given enough time, the Batushka's will consume this dimension, and then the mirror dimensions where Litourgiya never happened, and finally all of reality.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next