Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:14 pm 

Coming soon: "My Friend Bart" by Derph Blackderph.

Space_alligator
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:12 pm 

Metal Blade will drop them now. Name is mud, can't see them wanting to spend more money on them.

ambientsorrow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:47 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
According to MetalSucks the US tour is about to be cancelled as well. Good riddance.

Their Australian tour was cancelled last month or something as well. I guess Bart might legally win the Batushka name in court at some point (if it's even worth fighting for now), but if it's any consolation to Krzysztof it looks like Bart is barely going to make a single penny out of his actions. Karma.

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:22 pm 

Space_alligator wrote:
Metal Blade will drop them now. Name is mud, can't see them wanting to spend more money on them.

I don't think Metal Blade will drop them - they've already put a huge investment in and, ultimately, whoever has the rights to the Batushka name is under contract with Metal Blade. The Metal Blade deal was done when Derph was still in the band so this is between Bart and Derph, not Metal Blade. So, honestly, it would be better for them if Derph won the name and people went back to liking Batushka. They'd probably prefer it, IMO.

All that said though, they have to be completely gutted by this. The band got so big, so fast, that I'm sure they put quite an investment into getting them and setting up the record that just completely flopped. When you look at all of the things happening: Metal Blade signing them, the major touring that happened before Derph left, the massive touring they had planned and 5B Management (Slipknot) representing them, this was prepared to be the next big metal band (the new Ghost or new Behemoth) - and then it all completely collapsed. A lot of the major players in the metal world lost a lot of money on this whole thing.

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:38 am 

I just noticed the top-voted similar artist for Bart's Batushka by a lot is not the original Batushka, but one of the parody ones. :lol:

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:10 am 

Have to admit that even though it hurts the integrity of the site a bit to have all the troll recommendations it's kinda funny reading them all together (the massively downvoted ones you see when you click "edit.")

VaeFUCKINGVictus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:41 pm 

For those that are interested, a few songs from Derph's debut performance in Kiev are being posted in full. Decent quality for a hand-recording, but overall I'm just really happy this evening was captured.

Youtube: show

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10