* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MatsBG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:33 pm 

Quote:
MANOWAR Announce Release Date Of New EP - “The Final Battle I”

The wait is over! MANOWAR have finally confirmed the impending release of “The Final Battle I”, an EP comprised of eagerly awaited brand new material. Fans will first get their chance to own this initial instalment in a trilogy of thunderous EPs in an exclusive pre-sale at the merchandise booth of the band’s “The Final Battle World Tour 2019”, starting with their show in Frankfurt/Germany on March 29, 2019.
An exclusive digital presale period will start on iTunes the same day.

“The Final Battle I” is guaranteed to blow your speakers and your heads off with a whirlwind of crushing sonic destruction, orchestral majesty and epic, pulverising insanity.

The first of three parts which will constitute the highly anticipated new MANOWAR album, this EP is destined to go down in heavy metal history as one of the most insanely epic releases of all time. An imperious demonstration of the band’s undisputed mastery of both skull-crushing metal anthems and extraordinary feats of symphonic bombast, these four new molten metal tracks have been inspired by MANOWAR’s “The Final Battle World Tour” and fuelled by the support and energy of their fans. All music was conceived, recorded and mixed at MANOWAR’s very own VALHALLA STUDIOS, utilizing the unparalleled power of their PMC statement monitors with over 27,000 watts of ground-shaking clarity.

“The sheer power of these four songs is mind-blowing! We simply couldn’t release more songs at one time; it’s just too much!” says Joey DeMaio. “We want to give our fans the chance to take in every note, every word. Gain more strength from this experience and then be ready for the battles they fight every day. And join us on the road, on The Final Battle!”

“The Final Battle I” covers a vast amount of musical ground in its quest to deliver the ultimate heavy metal experience. The opener, the epic fantasy-brought-to-life March Of The Heroes Into Valhalla re-imagines MANOWAR’s music in vivid, cinematic form, providing a deeply moving journey through the warrior’s life, from bloody battles to ascension into Valhalla. The battle filled mood continues with the spine-shattering might and fury of the new anthem Blood And Steel. Next is Sword Of The Highlands, one of the most explosive and dramatic songs DeMaio has ever penned: a profound and stirring tribute to heroes long perished, it begins with exquisite elegance before erupting into a grand crescendo of power and glory, exemplified by a possible career best vocal performance from the ever impressive Eric Adams.

Finally, the most startling surprise arrives in the dark, lurking, brutal and merciless form of You Shall Die Before I Die; a hypnotic and coruscating epic that delivers a vengeful statement of intent and invincibility... with lead vocals by Joey DeMaio himself!

(by Dom Lawson)

“The Final Battle I” comes with a crushing new artwork by iconic fantasy artist Ken Kelly, masterfully echoing the emotional rollercoaster you’ll be taken on.

Magnificent, monstrous and heavier than Hell, “The Final Battle I” will first be unleashed exclusively at the merch booth during MANOWAR’s “The Final Battle World Tour”, starting in Frankfurt/Germany on March 29, 2019 and on all further dates on this tour leg. It will also be available digitally on iTunes worldwide at the same date. The roll out will then continue into retail and online stores on May 30, 2019 and digitally on Amazon and Google. Play.

Parts II and III of the trilogy will arrive in course, inspired by MANOWAR’s adventures on the remainder of
“The Final Battle World Tour”.

1. March Of The Heroes Into Valhalla
2. Blood And Steel
3. Sword Of The Highlands
4. You Shall Die Before I Die

https://www.facebook.com/manowar/posts/10156398171023517?__tn__=K-R

Joey DeMaio on lead vocals on the final track... Can't say I'm all that excited for it, but the titles at least sound promising?

299796kms
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:49 pm 

People still care about Manowar?

thrashinbatman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:32 pm 

Wait, they haven't already done a song called Blood and Steel?

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:59 pm 

299796kms wrote:

YES! I am very, very, very late to the party. I think it was 2014 when I finally started to become a fan.

I am glad the symphonics are back. They were great on Gods of War. But Joey on lead vocals, huh? Ok... Hope it's just that one song. And you never know, Black Knight from Canada had their bass player sing lead on one of their songs and it was the best song they ever recorded! :lol:

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:28 am 

Instead of releasing a new full length, the band releases three EPs in order to make more money. Just like the announced trilogy of records in collaboration with Wolfgang Hohlbein that only ever brought one single EP to life, I wouldn't be surprised if the band ended up only releasing one or maybe two EPs though if sales of the first EP aren't going to be satisfying. Song titles and cover artwork look like everything else Manowar have done and it's actually surprising that such a cover artwork degrading women to sexual objects is still acceptable in 2019. This band has become a joke.

''Room 819'': http://kluseba.eklablog.com/room-819-a-short-story-a213183053

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:40 am 

Gotta love those titties on the cover lol

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:53 am 

I still care, too. Sometimes I'm just gay for Manowar. And probably the only one who liked their last album. But they just couldn't do it without a trick this time either, releasing the album in three parts. I'm tired of that. Always some fucking trick. "For the greatest fans on earth".

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:47 am 

Cover art is awesome. Ep concept is lame and probably won't be seen through to completion. Don't expect much, if anything, but will buy. Track 4's title stands out as the worst in a bad bunch.

Rocka_Rollas
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:11 am 

So does this feature that guy EV Martel on guitar?

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:15 am 

Rocka_Rollas wrote:
So does this feature that guy EV Martel on guitar?

Bet everything is JDM except vocals on 3 songs and solos (that's if they even have some). Maybe I'm a cynic.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:32 am 

It's amazing how they somehow managed to make the most lazy, generic example of all of their own tropes... you'd think after so many years with no new material they'd come off as more inspired in the titles, art, etc but it's like a Manowar cliche generator just spat those out.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:57 am 

I mean, part of me secretly hopes that this is a massive return to form and it's the best thing they did since Ross left. I know that won't be the case, however, but having a guitarist who isn't Karl Logan can't be a bad thing, can it? Hell, maybe, Demaio will even let someone record actual drums. This is all very wishful thinking, however.

Edit: It'll probably be Demaio on guitar or some shit.

frostjunkie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:21 pm 

MatsBG wrote:
Joey DeMaio on lead vocals on the final track... Can't say I'm all that excited for it

It's going to be so horrible, I can't wait.

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:23 pm 

frostjunkie wrote:
MatsBG wrote:
Joey DeMaio on lead vocals on the final track... Can't say I'm all that excited for it

It's going to be so horrible, I can't wait.

Haha. Bet it's some spoken word thing like Defender.

emperorjvl
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:10 am 

DoomMetalAlchemist wrote:
299796kms wrote:

I am glad the symphonics are back. They were great on Gods of War.

WTF kinda drugs are you on? Gods of War is utter crap precisely BECAUSE of all the symphonic garbage.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:12 am 

emperorjvl wrote:
DoomMetalAlchemist wrote:
299796kms wrote:

I am glad the symphonics are back. They were great on Gods of War.

WTF kinda drugs are you on? Gods of War is utter crap precisely BECAUSE of all the symphonic garbage.

Meh. It reminded me a lot of SNES Final Fantasies and Chrono Trigger and stuff. Love that shit. I understand it was low on actual metal relative to the total runtime, but that doesn't mean I'm on drugs for enjoying it.

Metal_On_The_Ascendant
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:34 am 

Meanwhile from David Shankle's official Facebook;

Quote:
I have to deal with some serious medical issues. I have found out on Monday that I have a TUMOR in my head and I have surgery scheduled for April 1st, doctors are trying to get me in sooner, at this point is too early to talk about bening, or malign...we shall see.
After five hand surgeries seems like nothing compared to this. I must kill this Beast that is inside me and continue on like a Viking Warrior that I am, I will never stop.
I will win this new battle, the biggest one yet that is in front of me and until then please send me your best thoughts and positive energy because I need it.
I will read all of your comments but at the moment have no time to get back to you guys, please respect that and don´t feel bad if I don´t get back to you shortly as I allways do.
My project with FEANOR doesn´t change, the album is in the middle of the mixing process and you all can be sure of something...that record will be something really special, not only for me, but for all of you as well.
Thanks all of you one more time for your inmense love. You know that I love you all, please send me your positive energy and lets fight this shit together one more time, back to back, like true brothers of metal.

David.

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:51 am 

Wow. Shit news. Hope all the best for him.

ObservationSlave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:52 am 

thrashinbatman wrote:

Lol, that was the exact thought I had when I saw the track listing. I don't even know what to say about this band anymore.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:33 pm 

I'm more concerned about Shankle's health; hoping for the best.

As for Manowar, I really wish I could care more than I do since I'm still fond of their classic albums, but their studio output has been honestly dreadful for years. On one hand some fresh blood in the shape of a new guitarist might realistically shake things up a bit, but on the other Joey's totalitarian control freak leash won't probably allow that to happen. Releasing three eps instead of an album also reeks of forcefully stretching things out, like a "farewell tour" that goes on for over half a decade.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

MawBTS
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:12 pm 

"You Shall Die Before I Die" is the stupidest song title I've ever heard.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:12 pm 

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/manowa ... johansson/

So I guess Manowar's EPs will have a drummer on them after all. Theoretically.

TrooperEd
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:55 pm 

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/manowar-recruits-former-hammerfall-drummer-anders-johansson/

So I guess Manowar's EPs will have a drummer on them after all. Theoretically.

Can't say Hammerfall's drummer wouldn't be perfect.

What I've wondering is what happened to Donnie Hazmik? Got tired of Joey's shit I guess?
I didn't know children book fans were so angry.

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:27 am 

Heard small clips from the new songs. The first one was just a normal intro, two last probably ballads, and Blood and Steel average Manowar song with a VERY dismal drum sound. And yes: Joey did the spoken word thing on the last song instead of really singing it. But it was just a short clip, so who knows...

gabber
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:29 pm 

So has anyone heard this yet? It's the 30th here. I'm oddly and inexplicably intrigued.

Also I note it's not listed on the archives. It's like it doesn't exist

I will please entry anus
Oh my god! Give me spicy pussy
Pussy is good smell
Shit is bad smell

Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:29 pm 

thrashinbatman wrote:

:lol:

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:21 am 

Apparently they've also remastered Into Glory Ride and Hail to England, and those rereleases have also gone live as of yesterday

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

MatsBG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:24 am 

Chaosmonger
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:08 am 

MawBTS wrote:
"You Shall Die Before I Die" is the stupidest song title I've ever heard.

I think it's pretty bad-ass

pappoelriff
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:22 am 

gabber wrote:
So has anyone heard this yet? It's the 30th here. I'm oddly and inexplicably intrigued.

Also I note it's not listed on the archives. It's like it doesn't exist

I heard the full EP (itunes). The first song is just an instrumental intro . "Blood and steel" is a song in the line of "The Lord of steel", the third one "Highlands" is ok, the one that Demaio sings is plain awfull.

The sound is better than the awful sound in "The lord of steel"

I also dont understand why its not listed in metal archives the EP, i would like to read the lyrics

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:07 pm 

You Shall Die Before I Die... At least it made a lasting impression, hah! Sword of the Highlands was actually quite good.

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:22 pm 

Terri23 wrote:
Apparently they've also remastered Into Glory Ride and Hail to England, and those rereleases have also gone live as of yesterday

Like, actual remasters and not rerecordings/bastardizations like Battle Hymns and Kings of Metal got?

MatsBG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:26 pm 

SkullFracturingNightmare wrote:
Terri23 wrote:

Like, actual remasters and not rerecordings/bastardizations like Battle Hymns and Kings of Metal got?

https://www.facebook.com/manowar/posts/10156410513443517?__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARB1nQPEftf48c85Olz7ksuQa14L2inUn8jWJybB5y4h-KuG4TeH6Shhk_v3HbjjlQKgdHdWq0fnMA2sLnsO37U1dfoJVIlc4Vc0LxLIMKlEqgqlHv2-LRp_YWB1lCB3_H_HTlG4g4A5_gwBihIrukUa0w1aum0rbn8z1coMr1eumNJDV0Jj41hQwrEwZThkUSCy4EzJ5ASA-7hMeR1slV7P7xVXjcHPYQ6EscsAkwoHQdOo0DKxL6tdRaNZQc9nFITlCK4tAcb2lrWEgzLnnC4KvYibBt0ODtrlfrDr4bcohEBRITEMmrhK-ckF-f6lnXDCKo0zHRI9adm1dP5K&__tn__=K-R

Quote:
MANOWAR Release “Into Glory Ride” and “Hail To England” Imperial Editions MMXIX (Remixed/Remastered)

Manowarriors, behold! Two of the greatest classics in Heavy Metal history return to you, bigger and better than ever before!

On July 1, 1983, MANOWAR released their second album: “Into Glory Ride”, an imperious statement of metallic intent and one of the most brutal, raw and punishing records ever released. From the opening assault of “Warlord” and the monumental “Gates Of Valhalla” to the devastating drama and doom-laden fury of “Hatred”, and culminating in the morbid grandeur of “Revelation (Death’s Angel)” and the life-affirming splendour of the closing epic “March For Revenge”... all instantly recognisable as the works of four true metal maniacs.

Forced into a somewhat rushed and compromised production – which did not prevent “Into Glory Ride” from winning a prime place in metal history - “Hail To England” followed a little over six months later. Another record packed with tracks that would soon become fan favorites; from “Bridge Of Death” or the jaw-shattering “Kill With Power” to the stirring melodies of “Hail To England” itself, and others alike.

Now these two immortal landmarks have been revived and revitalised for a completely new and improved experience!

For the “Into Glory Ride Imperial Edition MMXIX” and the “Hail To England Imperial Edition MMXIX” the original multitrack master recordings of these undisputed metal classics were transferred from analog to digital in 96kHz quality, adding the depth, the power and the clarity that could not be present in the original mixes and masters.
Remixed in MANOWAR’s very own Valhalla Studios by long-time collaborator Ronald Prent utilizing their mind-boggling 27,000 Watts PMC monitors and remastered by 4-time GRAMMY Award winner Darcy Proper these Imperial Editions are a statement of what MANOWAR are committed to deliver for their loyal followers: the royal standard of sonic bliss!

Fans will first be able to secure their “Into Glory Ride Imperial Edition MMXIX” and “Hail To England Imperial Edition MMXIX” at the merch booth during MANOWAR’s “The Final Battle World Tour”, starting in Frankfurt, Germany on March 29, 2019 and on all further dates on this tour leg. The albums will also be available digitally on iTunes worldwide at the same date. The roll out will then continue into retail and online stores starting May 30, 2019 and digitally on Amazon and Google Play.

Seems so, yeah!

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:49 am 

About remixed / remastered Hail to England: I can only hope I can actually hear the guitars over the bass this time.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:54 am 

I finally managed to get around to listening to this. That Joey de Maio track is certainly... something. I never bothered to connect the dots before, but he's one of the spoken word artists on Gods of War. The second track really could fit on to The Lord of Steel, as someone else said already. The third track is a "symphonic" if that's the right work, song that reminds me of the experimental stuff from Warriors of the World.

There's nothing really new here that you haven't heard already. The fact that the whole marketing angle they've taken is a Joey fronted song highlights the lack of anything new here.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:46 am 

Listened to 'Blood and Steel'. Judging from the squishy vibrato and note choices it's still Karl Logan on guitar.

Last edited by Acrobat on Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:02 am 

Acrobat wrote:
Listened to 'Blood and Steel'. Judging from the quishy vibrato and note choices it's still Karl Logan on guitar.

Well even if the new guy is the one who played on the album, it's still very, very likely that the material was written with/by Karl Logan.

EDIT:

Just listened to it, and of the three main tracks, You Shall Die Before I Die is the only one where the guitar riffs don't completely suck ass. I found all the guitar solos good though. Eric Adams' singing was adequate, but not great, which was a let down (I think he was fucking awesome on Gods of War). The symphonics were ok, but reminded a lot more of the symphonics on Warriors of the World (as someone above said) rather than Gods of War, which is disappointing. Joey's vocals on You Shall Die Before I Die, while not technically very good, had some charm. I think it would've been a much wiser decision to have Eric do some wails in the background though.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:07 am 

So I gave a listen to You Shall Die... this morning and I'm not quite sure what to think.

On one hand, the production is a massive step up from the awfulness of recent years, the drums don't sound like a lazily programmed software, and the guitars are very solidly performed. The song seems to hearken back to the doomier style of the second album, and while the overused simplistic chorus gets repetitive by the end, it's not bad.

The vocals, though... I have no idea what they were thinking. I see no reason why Eric couldn't have performed a more melodic part over it, or why they couldn't have got someone better at doing that kind of recitation. I know the days where they could afford pros the likes of Orson Welles are long gone, but seriously, this was bad. It's not the goofiness that bothers me, it's goddamn Manowar for crying out loud, but it really seems to go against the grain of the song.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:17 am 

Lord_Jotun wrote:
So I gave a listen to You Shall Die... this morning and I'm not quite sure what to think.

the drums don't sound like a lazily programmed software

I forgot to mention in my above post... I did not notice this on You Shall Die Before I Die, but on the other two main tracks, if that is not lazily programmed drums on software, than it is a live drummer 100% copying what Joey wrote on lazily programmed software. Bleh!

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:33 am 

Hope they reprint HTE shirts.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next