* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Larval Divination
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:55 pm 

From their Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/adorior/posts/ ... ?__tn__=-R):

"THE BEAST HAS RISEN AGAIN TO ATTACK!

NEW LINE UP AND LIVE SHOWS TO BE ANNOUNCED SHORTLY!

YOU WILL BE CRUSHED BY THE FIST OF THE MASTER!!!"

Is anyone else into them? Truly the Nuclear Death of our time, so fucking glad they finally reformed. "Author of Incest" is pure, voracious audial violence.

Also, in the recent Lvcifyre interview in Bardo Methodology it was mentioned a feature with Adorior is on the works. Some great Adorior stories too:

Quote:
T appears to have swiftly gravitated towards a rather small and exclusive clique of London’s most decrepit metal derelicts – ADORIOR and associated company. From memory, this lot was rather different from the average British metalheads.

– They were actually the only ones you could rightfully classify as proper metalheads, with the possible exception of a few Eastern Europeans and Aussies. The rest of the English metal community are rather mellow and ready to buy you a beer – very different to the Polish shows back in the day, where you had to attend as a strong pack or you’d end up beaten and mugged. ADORIOR needed a guitarist for an upcoming gig so Kali from WITCHMASTER introduced me. After the first few rehearsals I was invited to join the band and felt as if I could go as far as I could reach; things clicked the way they should soon thereafter.

I recently spoke to ADORIOR vocalist Jaded Lungs for an upcoming Bardo Methodology #6 feature, and might as well recycle an anecdote from our conversation. One of my finest ADORIOR related memories stems from an evening in 2004 when they performed in London. Upon entering the backstage, I spotted Jaded Lungs sternly chastising a rather abashed and penitent-looking Chris Nunravager who was in the process of getting his broken fingers duct-taped together so he could hold the bass pick properly. While pleading guilty to the prohibited act of engaging in a fistfight the night before a gig, he remained adamant that all violence administered had been in fully justifiable self-defence. After being caught fraternising with another man’s woman, in their home, he’d simply been given no choice but to pacify the somewhat agitated host.

– Yes, this must’ve been that small stinky pub we played together with WATAIN before they escalated to become this black metal phenomenon. Now that you mention it, I do remember Chris having duct-taped fingers. Nunravager is an excellent character, those things were fairly normal back in the day. You could write a book about all the stupid stuff that went on at the time. After we recorded the second ADORIOR album, “Author of Incest”, over at Necromorbus Studio in Stockholm, I remember Tore wrote down the rules of what was and wasn’t allowed so no more fuckheads would desecrate his studio again… overdoses of drugs and alcohol, going out for a drink always ending up in utter shambles, someone shitting himself and some random guy getting smashed. A few years later, on one of the last nights before Chris moved to Finland, we all went out for a drink and ended up sitting in a pub smashing framed photos over each other’s heads and throwing bits of glass into our pints – then drinking it all in one go, to the last drop, hoping none of us would swallow the shards. Finally, Tony Slutsodomizer passed out shitting on the toilet after an overdose of MDMA. Primeval savagery, ha!

Hardly surprising that the people responsible for such savage music would have an inclination for bone obliteration, huh.

I_Crash_and_Burn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:13 pm 

I own their first cd on head-not-found recs, and it doesn't make me willing to buy any new release from them.
Deeply below par Imho

praey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:12 pm 

Well that's pretty fucking cool. Author of Incest is pretty badass, though it's one of those albums where the first song kind of overshadows everything else. I'd be really excited to hear new material from them just to see if they could refine their sound a bit. Be cool to see them stateside as well.

cultofkraken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:01 am 

Author of Incest is absolutely sickening. Very excited to hear this!

asphaalanx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:59 am 

'Author of Incest' is a vicious album. Will be keen to see if time has just made them even more razor-sharp.

Zephirus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:04 am 

i had the first one on CD years ago 'like cutting the sleeping' but sold it on as it didn't do enough for me after repeated listens
i'll definitely give this new one a listen

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:50 am 

The first album is a completely different sound. Author of Incest is fucking SAVAGE, think of a thrashier Angelcorpse with vocals that sorta sound like Lori from Nuclear Death.

Larval Divination wrote:
Truly the Nuclear Death of our time

whoa lol hey let's pump those brakes there

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:47 pm 

I haven't listened to Author of Incest for a very long time, but I do remember it being hugely savage and a really busy album. I should bust it out again, and I'll be interested in any new material they bring out.

SD Plissken
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:43 pm 

It's about fukkin' time! I saw them live in San Antonio and they were absolutely savage.

Headless420
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:05 am 

Author of Incest is one of the angriest albums ever. one of my go to's next to Altars....looking forward to this.

Reply to topic