Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:19 pm 

Welcome, welcome everybody! I know we all have lots of fun with the Album of the Year poll that I've been running since 2016, so it stands to reason that it would be twice the fun to do it twice, no? So with that in mind, I present to you all:

THE ENCYCLOPAEDIA METALLUM MID YEAR OFF TOPIC POLL

Now before we even get started, I want to make one thing clear right off the bat. That's that the rules will be loosened for the mid year poll (since I also plan to make this a recurring thing). I'll explain the changes as we go, but the general idea is that this will be much more relaxed, much more informal, and I'll be less of a dickhead during the runup.

THE CATEGORY IS "BEST BLACK METAL RELEASES OF ALL TIME"
There's really only one way for this to work without excessive moderation, because black metal is such a diverse genre and there are tons of hairline splits between factions of people who think x is black metal and y isn't, and I'm just not going to sit here and play cop to determine what does and doesn't qualify by my own personal standards. So no, the rule for eligibility is if the word "black" is in their genre field on their MA page, they are eligible, and I'll just have to accept that there will be some bullshit. That means pure black metal counts, as does any other hybrid. Black/death, black/doom, experimental avant-garde atmospheric post-black/sludge, whatever, it's all in the running. All I can ask is that you guys use your best judgment and try to keep your votes in the spirit of the poll. Like, I know that technically Sodom is eligible by this rules because of their early material, but come on don't be that dick who votes for Agent Orange. I trust you guys to vote in good faith, but it needs to be said anyway.

You should all know the rules by now, but as a refresher, all you need to do is:

Select your top ten:
This is very easy, all you need to do is choose your top ten black metal albums of all time.

PM your top ten, in order, to me, BastardHead:
It's that simple, just make a top ten and send it to me, I'll take care of all the number crunching nonsense!

What happens next is that I will assign each position a point value, grand prix style, so that first place votes are seen as more valuable than second place, and so on. The point values are as follows:

1 = 25 points
2 = 18 points
3 = 15 points
4 = 12 points
5 = 10 points
6 = 8 points
7 = 6 points
8 = 4 points
9 = 2 points
10 = 1 point

That may seem confusing and semi random for people who don't follow F1, but the idea of the point system being set up the way it is is that consistency is valued over a lucky win. So an album with twenty third place votes will fare better than one with ten first place votes. Regardless, we want you to put some good thought into this. Every vote counts! The idea is to get a collective snapshot of what we, as MA forumgoers, see to be the best albums of whatever this category winds up being. So give it a lot of thought and let your voice be heard!

As with all things, there are a few guidelines we ask you to follow, but they're all quite simple, common sense rules.

1) METAL ONLY!: This is obvious, but just know that the only way I'll truly be judging this is by whether or not the band has a page on MA. If they do, they're eligible. If you're going to submit an acoustic folk album by a band that snuck in with one BM demo then I mean whatever, but just know that everybody who didn't try to rules-lawyer loopholes to add something clearly not in the spirit of the poll will have my full permission to mail you parcels full of elephant shit.

2) Make sure you vote for ten albums: This rule is stricken for the mid year poll. It should be very easy to come up with 10 when we're talking about such broad categories anyway but if you don't want to then hey, don't sweat it! It'll make it harder for me to tally up the total amount of ballots (because usually I'm a lazy ass and just divide the point total by 101 to get this answer) but this is the low stress summer poll. If for some reason you can't think of ten, don't worry about it too hard.

3) Put your list in order: I'm assigning point values, it's important that they're in order. If you just give me something alphabetically with no determined ordering, I'll either just discard the entire ballot or change every vote to something stupid out of spite. In the event of a tie, the album with more higher placed votes counts, so an album with ten votes all for fourth place will rank above one with a hundred and twenty votes only for tenth place, so please, order them!

4) New, original material only: Usually this rule is to eliminate live albums and rereleases and whatnot, but here? Nah whatever, I don't care. If the best black metal album happens to be a live album or a demo compilation or something, go nuts. Every release listed on MA is eligible, no matter the format.

5) Only albums actually released in [current year]: Obviously this rule is not in effect since we're not confined to a single year this time.

6) One ballot per user: Again, should go without saying, but don't try to vote multiple times to inflate the numbers. I will notice and I'll just wipe your whole vote if you decide to be a numbskull.

7) Your account must have been registered before this thread was created: This shouldn't apply to pretty much all of you, but it's just to prevent duplicate sockpuppet accounts trying to game the system. Don't do that.

8) Don't be a dick: We're running on the honor system here, and I obviously can't police the intentions of everybody who votes, but please don't be a troll who votes in a bunch of crap you've never heard of for yuks. Nor should you vote in things you actually think are terrible as some weird form of protest. Nor should you vote the same album ten times. Nor should you vote for something your own band released. We're trusting you to take this seriously enough to have fun with this but not act like an idiot, just use common sense and don't waste our time.

The one other big change is that, if you want to posts your lists in here ahead of time, go wild. I try to curb that during the main year-end poll in December to discourage vote gaming and stuff like that, but with the categories being so broad this time I see no harm in doing so to remind people of great stuff they may have forgotten about. I'll keep the actual running totals secret while the ballots are rolling in still in order for the final reveal to have some essence of ceremony, but the idea is for this to be informal and fun, so I'm not gonna be a dickhead about it during June. Posts your lists if you want to, but please remember to PM it to me if you want it to count in the final tally. There will obviously be a new thread when the results are posted where you can share and discuss there as well, but if you want to do it here too, go ahead, I don't care this time.

The polls will be open until Midnight, July 1st, MA TIME (EST, or GMT -5:00). I know people always get confused as to when this actually means, but know that as soon as July starts, the polls are closed. This gives us a little under three weeks (which should be plenty of time since we aren't waiting for any late-year releases this time) to vote. The final results should hopefully be posted sometime on the 1st, though I have a real job and shit so it may take until the 2nd, but I've done a good job of always getting the results out on time in the past so I feel confident in being able to do it again this time.

Have fun and happy voting!
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Last edited by BastardHead on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:32 am 

Can you clarify whether the genre descriptor “blackened” would count? A couple of bands in that category that are big favorites of mine.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:37 am 

I'd say that's fine. If I'm not mistaken we sometimes use "blackened death metal" to describe the goats n' gasmasks style war metal and I'd certainly consider that to be black metal more than anything else.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:19 am 

And Ghost is blackened doo-wop, right?

HaPoStaPu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:36 am 

Voted. I restrained my urge to list Merciful Fate as they're not listed as black here but it was tough and I'm having regrets.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:48 am 

The thread title says "albums", but on the odd chance that there might be an album that's marketed by the label as an album and referred to as an album by fans, but is actually a compilation because the band blew the label's studio money on drugs I hope that's acceptable.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:18 am 

Rule 4 there states that 'every release listed on MA is eligible, no matter the format.'

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:20 am 

Oh I actually didn't read the crossed out ones because they're, you know, crossed out. Thanks for the heads up.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

GTog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:18 am 

So this is black metal albums from any year? It's probably just a cut & paste thing, but the instructions do say "your top ten albums of the year."

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:21 am 

Ah shit you're right, I'll fix it.

It was a copypasta but I thought I caught all the inconsistencies, thanks!

Ace_Rimmer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:50 am 

My list of poser barely black metal albums is on the way!

mornox
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:13 am 

Ugh, I'm stuck at 14. This is torture.

Yes, I know this is just for fun, shut up :-P

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:31 am 

Oh fguck, this is impossible... I don't think I can even pick a number 1. Does it have to be my favorite or the scientifically proven BEST album? so much pressure.

quickbeam
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:45 am 

This sounds like good fun, thanks BH! I never get to participate in the AOTY polls because I haven't bought more than like 5 new albums in over 10 years. But this one I will definitely spend some time pondering.

I_Crash_and_Burn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:03 pm 

mornox wrote:

I have serious difficulties to list less than 50... :???: :???: :???: :brick:

~Guest 285196
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:06 pm 

This should be fun. It's my main genre, so there's plenty to pick from. There are some important scenes that I'm a complete novice on, sadly. Among USBM I only really know about Judas Iscariot and Inquisition, for example.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:16 pm 

raumr wrote:
This should be fun. It's my main genre, so there's plenty to pick from. There are some important scenes that I'm a complete novice on, sadly. Among USBM I only really know about Judas Iscariot and Inquisition, for example.

You're not missing much... JI is still the only one worthy of being in a best of anything. There's been some good one hit wonders, and DSBM stuff like Xasthur and Leviathan, but that's pretty much it. One Master is pretty darn good though, I've only listened to their 2 latest albums.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:18 pm 

If we did this 5-8 years ago I bet USBM would get way more representation that it would today. Leviathan was a big deal here and the whole Cascadian scene wasn't a played out joke yet. Hell in total honesty there's a real good chance I'll end up putting Diadem of 12 Stars somewhere on my list. It doesn't seem like my kinda thing but I never fell out of love with that album.

mornox
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:24 pm 

I_Crash_and_Burn wrote:
mornox wrote:

I have serious difficulties to list less than 50... :???: :???: :???: :brick:

I just opened my black metal folder in discogs (containing 1110 albums) and listed all the albums which immediately jumped out at me. Ended up with 33, spent some time thinking about it and culled it to 14. I'm now just going to listen to those 14 in the next few days and order them by preference with them fresh in my memory. Gives me a nice excuse to listen to some of my favourite albums again :-D

Here's my probably not very kvlt preliminary list if anyone's interested

Spoiler: show
Bal-Sagoth ‎– Starfire Burning Upon The Ice-Veiled Throne Of Ultima Thule
Cradle Of Filth ‎– Dusk And Her Embrace
The Crevices Below / Tempestuous Fall / Midnight Odyssey ‎– Converge, Rivers Of Hell
Darkthrone ‎– A Blaze In The Northern Sky
Demoncy ‎– Joined In Darkness
Emperor ‎– In The Nightside Eclipse
Graveland ‎– Thousand Swords
Master's Hammer ‎– Ritual
Mütiilation ‎– Vampires Of Black Imperial Blood
Nagelfar ‎– Srontgorrth (Die Macht Erfaßte Das Meine Wie Die Angst Das Blut Der Anderen)
Necromantia ‎– Scarlet Evil Witching Black
Nokturnal Mortum ‎– The Voice Of Steel
The Ruins Of Beverast ‎– Exuvia
Vlad Tepes / Belketre ‎– March To The Black Holocaust

Bachstein
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:41 pm 

mornox wrote:

Here's my probably not very kvlt preliminary list if anyone's interested

Bal-Sagoth ‎– Starfire Burning Upon The Ice-Veiled Throne Of Ultima Thule
Cradle Of Filth ‎– Dusk And Her Embrace
The Crevices Below / Tempestuous Fall / Midnight Odyssey ‎– Converge, Rivers Of Hell
Darkthrone ‎– A Blaze In The Northern Sky
Demoncy ‎– Joined In Darkness
Emperor ‎– In The Nightside Eclipse
Graveland ‎– Thousand Swords
Master's Hammer ‎– Ritual
Mütiilation ‎– Vampires Of Black Imperial Blood
Nagelfar ‎– Srontgorrth (Die Macht Erfaßte Das Meine Wie Die Angst Das Blut Der Anderen)
Necromantia ‎– Scarlet Evil Witching Black
Nokturnal Mortum ‎– The Voice Of Steel
The Ruins Of Beverast ‎– Exuvia
Vlad Tepes / Belketre ‎– March To The Black Holocaust

Nice list, quite diverse, I like it.
I plan to make this vote easy for me, and I'm gonna leave out of consideration all the so called "elemental" and "significant" BM meisterwerks (like the early Mayhem, Burzum, Dissection, Emperor, Darkthrone stuffs...) although I know them and I recognize their importance, but fuck, I barely listen to them. So I'm gonna collect all the nastiest underground stuff from the different eras, and I think I'll have a kinda similar list to yours.

Also, I've made a personal rule for myself - because I'm not having fun without strict rules - , as trying to not pick bands with mixed genre, like death/black or avant-garde black, I'm trying to stick to the simple BM bands. Some atmospheric black may have its way into my final list... We'll see.

~Guest 375902
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:08 pm 

Since the web remembers, I saw there were such a poll for death and black, top 100 albums for each around 2007.
Sending my shitlist.
Edit: uh, shucks, you already mentioned that.

HeavenDuff
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:52 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
If we did this 5-8 years ago I bet USBM would get way more representation that it would today. Leviathan was a big deal here and the whole Cascadian scene wasn't a played out joke yet. Hell in total honesty there's a real good chance I'll end up putting Diadem of 12 Stars somewhere on my list. It doesn't seem like my kinda thing but I never fell out of love with that album.

Yeah, I considered the cascadian scene for this top 10, but none made the final cut. I've also considered very ecclectic bands like Agalloch with releases like Pale Folklore, but finally chose to stick to more straight-forward black metal for my final selection. Anyway, my list should be coming your way soon. Sorry I didn't include In the Nightside Eclipse in my final 10. It's amazing but eh, I have a soft spot for Defending the Throne of Evil and just had to include it in here somewhere.

~Guest 285196
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:12 pm 

I also excluded Agalloch. I love their first 3 albums, but while they have black metal influences, they are not working with that "pure" black metal feeling that I associate with that genre. I excluded Alcest for that reason also. I also struggle on whether I can include Graveland's Immortal Pride (one of my top 10 albums of all time) on a list for black metal.

Here is my preliminary list as well, if anyone finds it helpful. I will work on it (and shorten it!) more before the deadline.

Hvis lyset tar oss [Burzum]
Filosofem [Burzum]
Transilvanian Hunger [Darkthrone]
Under a Funeral Moon [Darkthrone]
Carelian Satanist Madness [Satanic Warmaster]
De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas [Mayhem]
Hellfire [1349]
Nattens Madrigal [Ulver]
Bergtatt [Ulver]
The Mystical Beast of Rebellion [Blut Aus Nord]
Pentagram [Gorgoroth]
Antichrist [Gorgoroth]
Dusk and Her Embrace [Cradle of Filth]
Immortal Pride [Graveland]
Dark Medieval Times [Satyricon]
Nemesis Divina [Satyricon]
Under the Sign of the Black Mark [Bathory]
Heaven in Flames [Judas Iscariot]
Til et annet... [Trelldom]

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:18 pm 

I'm gonna feel like a basic noob if I do this since I'm such a sucker for the classics. I like a helll of a lot of more recent black metal, but I can't really think of anything off the top of my head that dethrones those golden Scandinavian oldies. I imagine my list will be 80% Norwegian second wave and then an album each from Bathory and Dissection. That's just how I roll.

HeavenDuff wrote:
Sorry I didn't include In the Nightside Eclipse in my final 10. It's amazing but eh, I have a soft spot for Defending the Throne of Evil and just had to include it in here somewhere.

Emperor's great and all but in my personal universe they're not a completely top-tier black metal band. In the Nightside and Anthems are obviously classics, but I can easily think of more than a dozen other second wave Norwegian albums I like more than either of them. Actually the Wrath of the Tyrant EP is probably the Emperor I throw on most often. Also Defending the Throne of Evil is totally fucking awesome. Probably Carpathian Forest's best.

EDIT: Ah shit I forgot about Summoning. I think I'd limit myself to one Summoning album since I don't really think of them as black metal, even though that's clearly what they are. But then which Summoning album? God dammit Bastardhead, why do you do this to us!

Bachstein
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:47 pm 

Now as I build up my list, I realized how the French scene prevails amongst the possibilities from my side. Blut aus Nord, Merrimack, Sühnopfer, Anorexia Nervosa, Deathsell Omega, Glorior Belli... And also the fine Polish acts. I wonder if it even be some Scandinavian band in my final list. :D

XcKyle93
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:49 pm 

1. Far Away From The Sun (Sacramentum)
2. De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas (Mayhem)
3. The Somberlain (Dissection)
4. Black Cascade (Wolves in the Throne Room)
5. Nattestid ser porten vid (Taake)
6. Pure Holocaust (Immortal)
7. Welcome My Last Chapter (Vinterland)
8. In The Nightside Eclipse (Emperor)
9. Roads to the North (Panopticon)
10. Roads to Judah (Deafheaven)

Agalloch would have made my list if this site considered them black metal. But it doesn't, which I'm assuming is because they already fit into so many other subgenres. Also had a tough time deciding which WITTR album to choose. I guess I could have included multiple, but Black Cascade is definitely the one I listen to the most. Diadem I find to be a bit long-winded (though I am sitting a foot away from a giant flag of the album cover in my office), and I find myself skipping through parts of Two Hunters.

I_Crash_and_Burn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:33 pm 

Sick6Six wrote:
raumr wrote:

You're not missing much... JI is still the only one worthy of being in a best of anything. There's been some good one hit wonders, and DSBM stuff like Xasthur and Leviathan, but that's pretty much it. One Master is pretty darn good though, I've only listened to their 2 latest albums.

no.
If I only think of Nightbringer/Akhlys/Aoratos, Tempel, Wolves in the throne room, Grand Belial's Key they would always find room in an all-time poll

Not to forget Kult ov Azazel and Bllod stained Dusk, whose "oculis infernum" and "dirge of death's silence" are largely entering top 50 of mine

Last edited by I_Crash_and_Burn on Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GTog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:33 pm 

My list. David Parland should have been represented somehow, probably with Infernal. Also The Legion, the one from Sweden. They were great. But at the end of the day it was too easy to find 10 albums that I liked a bit more.

1 Dark Funeral - Diabolis Interium
2 Dark Funeral - Attera Totus Sanctus
3 Anorexia Nervosa - New Obscurantis Order
4 Darkend - Grand Guignol Book I
5 Der Weg einer Freiheit - Der Weg einer Freiheit
6 Lux Ferre - Antichristian War Propaganda
7 Mytile Vey Lorth - Moloch
8 Naglfar - Pariah
9 Old Man's Child - Revelation 666: Curse of Damnation
10 The Revenge Project - Through Blood and Ashes

I_Crash_and_Burn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:04 pm 

Btw, this is what I'll submit, but I'll need take a little time more to ponder

1~ Immortal- Pure Holocaust
2~ Bathory - Blood Fire Death
3~ Summoning - Minas Morgul
4~ Nagelfar - Virus West
5~ Satyricon - The Shadowthrone
6~ Gehenna - Seen through the veil of darkness
7~ Lord Belial - Enter the Moonlight Gates
8~ Horna - Haudankylmyyden Mailla
9~ Setherial - Nord
10~ Seth - Les blessures de l'ame

It has been very, very, very, very hatd to exclude true masterpieces, but I'm in this mood and so be it

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:12 pm 

My list. It's missing a lot of stuff to be honest.

1 = Svartidaudi - Flesh Cathedral
2 = Teitanblood - Death
3 = Sinmara - Apothic Womb
4 = Deathspell Omega - Paracletus
5 = Katharsis - World Without End
6 = Ash Borer - Cold of Ages
7 = Cultes des Ghoules - Henbane
8 = Paysage d'Hiver - Das Tor
9 = Nightbringer - Ego dominus tuus
10 = Gris - À l'âme enflammée, l'äme constellée...

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:17 pm 

@I_Crash_and_Burn I'm debating if your #1 pick is also mine, and I think that Lord Belial album weirdly has to be in my top 10 also. As for what I said about USBM, it was a bit of a harsh exaggeration, but for me JI is the only one that will be in my top 10 list ;)

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:57 pm 

The final results are going to be very diverse. The lists here are quite diversified. My own list features ten records and bands that haven't even been mentioned here.

''Room 819'': http://kluseba.eklablog.com/room-819-a-short-story-a213183053

KrigareTjovane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:11 pm 

Yeah it's pretty likely nobody else votes for most of the things I listed for a couple reasons. Some of my list is niche underground stuff, and half is what the general public would call borderline trendy garbage. :lol:

Only two of my albums could be called 'pure' black metal, and even both of those have the pagan modifier according to MA's classification. I'm just more of a black/thrash person really.

Sunioj_Paul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:31 pm 

1 Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
2 Marduk - Heaven Shall Burn...When We Are Gathered
3 Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
4 Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane
5 Satyricon - Rebel Extravaganza
6 Immortal - Battles In the North
7 Deathspell Omega - Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice
8 Watain - Lawless Darkness
9 Graveland - Thousand Swords
10 Blut Aus Nord - The Work Which Transforms God

doomicus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:16 pm 

Threads like these make me realize how different my tastes in black metal are compared to the bulk of this community.

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:23 pm 

same here. seeing as I got some rather obscure-ish stuff in my list too, I'm curious to see if someone else will pick these too.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:56 pm 

Just wanna say you all fucking rock. Already 27 ballots are in after less than one day (the AOTY poll got I think 123 at it's highest) and 179 unique albums (that's about six and a half unique albums per ballot), but most impressive is that the album at #1 has already amassed over 200 points. The AOTY winner last year got 293, for reference. This is already the hottest pace any poll I've run has had straight out of the gate and the top album is interesting because not even Vektor (the album with the largest margin of victory in the past) got this hot this quickly, but there are two challengers who really aren't that far behind right now.

Y'all're definitely gonna keep me busy with this one :lol:

Also ffs I swear to god every BM band starts with either a B, D, or S.

Commisaur
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:24 pm 

1. Sacramentum - Far Away from the Sun
2. Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
3. Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence
4. Enthroned - Towards the Skullthrone of Satan
5. Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane
6. Bornholm - Inexorable Defiance
7. Ancient Rites - Fatherland
8. Varathron - Walpurgisnacht
9. Angelcorpse - Exterminate
10. Sarcofago - INRI

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:47 pm 

Hey BH, thanks for opening up the definition of “album” to include demos, splits and all sorts of weird little things! Those feature on my list with Branikald and others... a Top 11 would’ve squeezed Monarque’s “Messe Noire” live EP in there. Hard but fun to whittle the choices down!
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:13 pm 

1. Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger
2. DsO - Fas...
3. Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
4. Leviathan - The Tenth Sublevel of Suicide
5. Blut Aus Nord - Ultima Thulée
6. Bosse-de-Nage - All Fours
7. Immortal - Battles In the North
8. Gorgoroth - Pentagram