* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:40 pm 

Hi,
Just found out this:
https://www.debemur-morti.com/en/news/487_suhnopfer-third-album-details-revealed.html

Quote:
SÜHNOPFER - Third album details revealed

We're pleased to reveal the details about the third SÜHNOPFER album, “Hic Regnant Borbonii Manes”. His Debemur Morti debut flawlessly amalgamates regal Bourbon madness with quintessential Black Metal fury! Check by yourself with this first track, "L’Hoirie de mes Ancestres" :

Youtube: show

Fully written, arranged and executed by Ardraos between 2013 and 2018, the new album is a tour de force featuring 6 - plus intro - melodic Black Metal hymns :

1. Invito Funere
2. Pénitences et Sorcelages
3. Hic Regnant Borbonii Manes
4. La Chasse Gayère
5. Je Vivroie Liement
6. Dilaceratio Corporis
7. L’Hoirie de mes Ancestres

This whirlwind of Capetian majesty was mastered early this year at Upload Studio and features artwork/layout courtesy of Valnoir / Metastazis.

“Hic Regnant Borbonii Manes” will be released on May 10th worldwide on special edition vinyl, vinyl, special edition cd, cd and digital download. A t-shirt is also available. Pre-orders are possible from the European shop, the North American shop and Bandcamp.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/S%C3%BChnopfer/Hic_Regnant_Borbonii_Manes/767058

Waiting for my first listen.

BeholdtheNicktopus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:02 am 

It's a good album, about on par with the last one, though perhaps a little bit better. No surprises. Hits the spot, perfects the style, and so on.

It's a good counterpoint to Véhémence within the niche of medieval melodic French black metal.

MegaMal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:55 am 

This popped up on my Spotify suggestions a while ago, really enjoyed it.

deopisi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:37 am 

Not bad but the medieval black metal album of the year is Furor lunae by Flamen

Evoken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:21 am 

I’m not really sure how I feel about this one. I loved their last album, but this one feels like more of the same but not necessarily with better songs. As good of a drummer as he is it does get boring to hear the same blasts and fills over and over again. I dunno, I guess I just wish there was more variety on this album. By the end it just feels like one long endless song. I felt the same about the latest Aorlhac album. Great musicianship and an album I want to love, but all the songs are too similar.

Positives: I do like how he pulled back on the high screeching wails he was doing on the last album, and does more of a typical black metal scream for this album. The wailing was the only thing I wasn’t crazy about on Offertoire so it’s a welcome change. The recording is also perfect; not too raw but not too polished. Not to mention he’s an incredible musician, it’s crazy to me the stuff he pulls off on guitar and drums. I just hope he experiments more for the next album.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:25 am 

Gave it a sole spin but it sounded quite interesting, I should revisit it because it may be a great album.

Disembodied
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:10 am 

deopisi wrote:

Sorry but listening to only a few minutes that album (which is on youtube) next to the song in the OP reveals Sühnopfer to be several classes higher than Flamen in pretty much all aspects.

I think I like this band. If I feel in the mood for some black metal in the future I'll be sure to remember them.

Evoken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:14 am 

Disembodied wrote:
deopisi wrote:

Sorry but listening to only a few minutes that album (which is on youtube) next to the song in the OP reveals Sühnopfer to be several classes higher than Flamen in pretty much all aspects.

I think I like this band. If I feel in the mood for some black metal in the future I'll be sure to remember them.

Yeah, I sampled that Flamen album and while it's certainly decent, Sühnopfer is a superior band in every way. Also I'm pretty sure Flamen uses a drum machine, which can't compete with the powerhouse real drumming that's on the Sühnopfer albums.

Currently this is my pick for medieval black metal album of the year.

Véhémence - Par le sang versé
Youtube: show

deopisi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:25 am 

It's just a matter of opinions, my intention was to mention another interesting album in the same genre, period.
Par le sang versè is great too, second for me.

narsilianshard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:16 pm 

For those of you that care, almost all of this dude's other bands are NSBM/RAC.

Hefeystossotsyefeh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:45 am 

For those that don't care, just carry on with the music and fret not on the virtue signalling.

Reply to topic