Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:06 am 

Earlier this year, Dave Hunt (Benediction vocalist for over 20 years) announced he was leaving the band after a few more shows (I actually managed to see one of those shows and it was honestly one of the best I've ever seen). I was initially very sad about this because Hunt was a fantastic vocalist and frontman (particularly on the Killing Music album), but now it's been revealed that his replacement is none other than classic Benediction vocalist Dave Ingram, who has finally returned!!! I've always wanted to see him come back to the fold, but never thought it would actually happen. The band have already begun working on the first Benediction album since 2008 and will begin recording in September!!

Here's a statement from Ingram himself about his rejoining:

Quote:
Statement from Dave Ingram:

Dan Bate (Benediction Bass player) and myself were already in contact via social media and he had mentioned a few months ago that Daz was looking to contact me.
After the surprise revelation I began to wonder what he’d wanna talk to me about, old contract discussion maybe, back catalogue?
Who knows, could be all sorts. But obviously as most of you do, I keep up to date with goings on in the metal world and keep a close eye on Benediction and was aware of the situation regarding Dave Hunts departure from the band.
Soon enough my phone lit up with Darren’s number and after initial baby steps things escalated at lightning speed. Both ends of the phone were clearly getting excited and at this point both my wife and my son said simultaneously that ‘if he is asking you to return to the fold, you had better do it!!!!!’
F@#YEAH!!!!!!! YES I’M IN!!!!!!
So here we are, already deep into writing the new album, which at this time is going spectacularly well. The new material is gonna blow you people away!!!!!! We are planning to begin recording in September so not long now.
And to all my followers on social media I hope you understand that myself and the guys had decided to keep my return under wraps until Dave Hunt had completed his time with the band, a simple and necessary courtesy.
I can’t wait to see you people on the forthcoming BENEDICTION live shows.
We ARE legion! Return to Rubicon! Hail old school!

Dave Ingram

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:21 am 

true_death wrote:
...(I actually managed to see one of those shows and it was honestly one of the best I've ever seen).

I don't know the band but it was my first show during one of the Hellfests we attended (2012?!?) and it was a NICE way to start the fest! :beer:

Here:
https://es-es.facebook.com/Benedictionband/posts/2399667240090025

Quote:
It’s about time for Benediction to reveal the identity of our new vocalist....
You ready?????

https://es-es.facebook.com/Benedictionband/posts/2399725323417550

Quote:
Dave Ingram's statement

https://www.facebook.com/Benedictionband/photos/a.1870303683026386/2399760160080733/

Quote:
Line up complete:

Peter Rew, Gio Durst, Dave Ingram, Daz Brookes, Dan Bate

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:23 pm 

This was a move I saw coming for some time now... If now Frank Healey would join the party to a least be part of the studio recording then this would be perfect.
However... Dave Ingram isn't exactly known as the most dedicated vocalist in metal. Did 4 albums with Benediction, then he left. He joined Bolt Thrower to replace M. Van Drunen who replaced Willets, did 1 BT album, then left in 2003 because of health problems. I believed he re-located to Scandinavia I think, then he mostly did vocals for studio-based projects. Then in 2015 he again replaced MVD in Hail Of Bullets, but that didn't last long because the band fell apart not long after that, and now he 'teams up' again with Benediction. I hope at least a studio album comes out of this, but I don't expect him to do consistent touring with Benediction. If this does happen, then bravo.. I'm glad they finally cut ties with Dave Hunt though. I think AN interfered too much with Benediction's plans (last Benediction album was over ten years ago, and we got 6 (!) Anaal Nathrakh albums in the meanwhile. That says enough... At least now something can happen in some form...

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:56 pm 

I believe he actually relocated to Scandinavia sometime in the late 90's, and it actually contributed to his leaving the band initially (management was failing to get in contact with him to notify him about tours and such). For Bolt Thrower, he actually left because his sister committed suicide which left him pretty much broken mentally and was understandably not able to continue in the band...he explained all this in a radio interview I listened to.

Reply to topic