Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:25 pm 

So this has been out for roughly a month now and it seems like no one is talking about it. Hell, there isn't even an entry on MA for this compilation! I can't even find a single official streaming of this so it seems like this is flying under everyone's radar.

Is there a reason for that? Wasn't this supposed to be the ultimate IW compilation?

Kennermahn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:42 pm 

I own this and I can tell you it is the ultimate Insect Warfare compilation, the problem is that FOAD, the label behind it, is definitely no Earache, their reach is much smaller. And as for the streaming, I believe the label has an anti-streaming/digital policy of sorts, because none of what they've published as far as I know is available on Spotify or any digital music store.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:49 pm 

Oh, I didn't know about that but it does make sense given the label's profile. They seem to be all about DIY so I can understand that.

How is the sound quality on the material of the compilation? Like really raw or more polished like World Extermination? I do want to buy it but I'm being cautious about it because of that.

Kennermahn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:47 pm 

I'm no audio expert but I'd say the sound quality is good. The mastering in the EP that includes most songs from World Extermination is slightly different than that of the latter, but so little so that I've even considered selling my World Extermination CD.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:54 pm 

Thanks for the input. Maybe I should give it a blind (or deaf in this case) go. I just didn't want to purchase a grind compilation sounding like a wall of noise.

ThanatosUK
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:16 pm 

Everything sounds amazing, even the live shows. Definitely grab it if you're an IW fan.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:34 pm 

ThanatosUK wrote:
Everything sounds amazing, even the live shows. Definitely grab it if you're an IW fan.

Great to hear, thanks man! Time to place my order then. :headbang:

Kennermahn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:29 pm 

ThanatosUK wrote:

I forgot about this, yeah. Another thing that makes this compilation worth buying is that, at least in my opinion, some of the live versions of the songs that can be found in it are an improvement over the original ones.

Reply to topic