Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:20 am 

Unto Others (formerly Idle Hands) just released a new single. They also signed with Roadrunner Records of all labels, which I did not see coming at all. While there's no concrete evidence that they're going to a release a new album this year, I'd say there's a pretty good chance of it happening.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:24 am 

Wow, haven't they heard like... any of the stories about Roadrunner? It makes me sad that when bands jump to shitty corporate labels like this. Especially since it means they won't be on Bandcamp because of it. Song was okay overall, but the last 30 seconds ripped! More of that, please.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:46 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
Wow, haven't they heard like... any of the stories about Roadrunner? It makes me sad that when bands jump to shitty corporate labels like this. Especially since it means they won't be on Bandcamp because of it. Song was okay overall, but the last 30 seconds ripped! More of that, please.

Roadrunner is on the same level as Earache in terms of being irrelevant when it comes to underground metal, and they're largely becoming irrelevant even when you consider mainstream metal, what with Slipknot finishing up their contract with them and deciding not to resign. Considering pretty much every significant metal label of note would love to have Unto Others on their roster, they must have offered the band a king's ransom to get them to sign.

The song itself is pretty good, definitely one of if not the heaviest songs they've written.

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:16 pm 

New Aenigmatum coming out in August. These guys showed a lot of potential with their S/T debut and the Adorned in Wrath demo, and if this song is any indication then this album is gonna absolutely rip. With this and the new Cerebral Rot coming, 20 Buck Spin are definitely a label to watch for up and coming death metal bands.

SquirrelHunt
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:32 pm 

New First Fragment full-length to be released Oct 29, 2021 through Unique Leader. Here's the first single:

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:28 pm 

Dark Funeral and Deicide are very close to recording their new albums. Im guessing November release dates.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:05 pm 

aaronmb666 wrote:
Dark Funeral and Deicide are very close to recording their new albums. Im guessing November release dates.

I'm pretty sure neither of those albums will be released this year. Deicide is still in the songwriting phase last time I checked and Dark Funeral only just finished up demoing/pre-production. By the time they actually finish recording everything and the mixing and mastering of the album is done it'll already be close to the end of the year if not 2022 already.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:16 pm 

Yeah and if plan to release the album on vinyl add 9 months to that.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:40 pm 

Kalaratri wrote:
aaronmb666 wrote:

I'm pretty sure neither of those albums will be released this year. Deicide is still in the songwriting phase last time I checked and Dark Funeral only just finished up demoing/pre-production. By the time they actually finish recording everything and the mixing and mastering of the album is done it'll already be close to the end of the year if not 2022 already.

Glen said yesterday on an instagram post that the music is done and some announcement will be made soon. Should be interesting to see what the new guitarist brings.

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:40 pm 

A new Aorlhac album has been announced for release on Sept 24. Two songs are up on Bandcamp page for preview.

https://ladlo.bandcamp.com/album/pierres-br-l-es

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:14 pm 

Rivers of Nihil are bringing out a new album titled The Work on September 24. New song already out. Judging by the song and album lengths, and the proggier side of the new song, this album is looking to be pretty ambitious.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

alteredstate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:03 am 

Succumb are releasing their second album, XXI 9/24 on The Flenser. New song released yesterday, preorders and shirts available at https://succumb.bandcamp.com/

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:09 am 

Swallow the Sun just announced that they're releasing a new record entitled Moonflowers on November 19. I wonder if they're continuing with the sound of When A Shadow Is Forced Into The Light or doing something different this time.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:33 pm 

syx wrote:
Looking forward to new Qrixkuor in July. The new grave Miasma has been brilliant

It's already "out" and it's great.

http://www.bardomethodology.com/article ... interview/

SquirrelHunt
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:11 am 

Worm's third full-length album, Foreverglade (Fun tltle indeed!), will be unleashed on October 22 on 20 Buck Spin:

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:32 pm 

It hasn't been announced yet but we should get a new Thulcandra album in November.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:38 pm 

Really looking forward to the new album from Imperialist. I loved their previous album and the first single they released from the new one rules.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:03 pm 

SquirrelHunt wrote:
Worm's third full-length album, Foreverglade (Fun tltle indeed!), will be unleashed on October 22 on 20 Buck Spin:

Dude, this sounds fucking fantastic so far! Definitely could be AOTY material.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:40 pm 

Yeah, I gave that a listen yesterday as well and it rules. 20 Buck Spin at it again!

Also just found out there's a new Abysmal Grief dropping in Novemeber??! Hell yes!

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:06 pm 

In more death metal news, Sulphurous is releasing a new album, The Black Mouth of Sepulchre, on October 24. Their last album was great and I really like the first single they released from the new record.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:03 pm 

No Remorse Records has a couple of really good releases coming up. In particular, I'm really excited for the debut full length from Morgul Blade.

Eli_the_Destroyer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:09 am 

My favorites so far this year are very well known bands that everyone already knows about, so, no cool obscure recommendations here...but this years album from Dread Sovereign, Seth, Cannibal Corpse, and Nunslaughter are my favorites of the year so far.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:09 pm 

SquirrelHunt wrote:

That beginning guitar tone and riff instantly brought me to the early 90s Paradise Lost, early Nightfall and some Esoptron era Septic Flesh but the track has so much going on yet flows and works so well. I am mightily impressed!!

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:18 pm 

Profound Lore just uploaded the first single from the debut self-titled album of The Temple. For those who aren't aware, this is a new project from New Zealand that counts Paul Kelland of Ulcerate as a member. It's black/death metal but much more straightforward in nature than anything Ulcerate has ever released.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:33 pm 

Apostle of Solitude just announced they'll have a new record out this November. I'm a fan of their Gates of Slumber-esque doom so am looking forward to it.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:59 am 

New Gloosh album on October 1st sounds awesome. Mystical Foresty black metal from Russia. The 2 teaser tracks range from catchy/chill to more aggressive.
https://gloosh.bandcamp.com/album/sylvan-coven

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:16 pm 

Plebeian Grandstand have a new one coming later this year, no preview track yet, but heaps hyped for this one

https://plebeiangrandstand.bandcamp.com ... -ne-suffit

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:23 pm 

Antichrist Siege Machine are very much the only war metal band I care about anymore. They have a new album dropping on October 8th, and I'm hoping to go to their album release gig later that month.

https://antichristsiegemachine.bandcamp ... ying-blade

hallowed78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:00 am 

New EP by Gaahls Wyrd "The Humming Mountain" to be released in November. Seems like a continuation of the previous work. Really into it, sounds great.

Spoiler: show

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:30 am 

New Druid Lord album could be good. Here's a new song and I like it quite a bit.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:59 pm 

A decade after forming, Cadveric Fumes, one of the most interesting bands in death metal, finally announced a full length: https://bloodharvestrecords.bandcamp.co ... rs-of-soul

Excited, but honestly a bit apprehensive about this. I'm not hearing the wacky guitar tone and riffage that they're known for, the Adam Burke cover art is what every band and their mom is going with these days (plus it's almost exactly what he did for Hooded Menace), and the album appears to only be 31 minutes long...

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:22 pm 

Unanimated just released their first track off the new album and I think it rips.

https://youtu.be/ZHsPBHH-w1c

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:19 pm 

New Outre Tombe out on Oct 31st. If this song is anything to go by it will be more of the same sound from them, but top notch.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:58 am 

narsilianshard wrote:
A decade after forming, Cadveric Fumes, one of the most interesting bands in death metal, finally announced a full length: https://bloodharvestrecords.bandcamp.co ... rs-of-soul

Excited, but honestly a bit apprehensive about this. I'm not hearing the wacky guitar tone and riffage that they're known for, the Adam Burke cover art is what every band and their mom is going with these days (plus it's almost exactly what he did for Hooded Menace), and the album appears to only be 31 minutes long...

Could the song ''In Cold Astral Sleep'' sound like what I'd hope for? :D

EDIT: That song on their bandcamp sounds like a more dynamic version of Runemagick. I dig it.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:34 pm 

Tardigrada just released the first single from their new album. Excellent, sprawling atmospheric black metal as usual from them.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:28 pm 

https://paganaltarofficial.bandcamp.com ... fanpub_fnb

This collection of old Pagan Altar shit should be interesting...

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:06 pm 

AcidWorm wrote:
New Outre Tombe out on Oct 31st. If this song is anything to go by it will be more of the same sound from them, but top notch.

Oh hell yes

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:25 pm 

Apparently Concrete Winds have a new album coming out on November 26, here's the first single:

Firmament1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:04 pm 

Kalaratri wrote:
Roadrunner is on the same level as Earache in terms of being irrelevant when it comes to underground metal, and they're largely becoming irrelevant even when you consider mainstream metal, what with Slipknot finishing up their contract with them and deciding not to resign. Considering pretty much every significant metal label of note would love to have Unto Others on their roster, they must have offered the band a king's ransom to get them to sign.

The song itself is pretty good, definitely one of if not the heaviest songs they've written.

I don't know much about modern metal labels; What are considered to be the most relevant labels around today? Some of the big ones right now are Nuclear Blast, Relapse, Metal Blade and Season of Mist, but that's about all I really know.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:21 pm 

Firmament1 wrote:
Kalaratri wrote:

I don't know much about modern metal labels; What are considered to be the most relevant labels around today? Some of the big ones right now are Nuclear Blast, Relapse, Metal Blade and Season of Mist, but that's about all I really know.

The biggest ones when we're talking about the music discussed here are Nuclear Blast, Century Media, Season of Mist, Metal Blade, Relapse and Napalm Records. Those are the ones that have been around for ages and are still pretty big. There are others like Candlelight and Peaceville that are still active but aren't as big as they were in their heyday. Earache and Roadrunner are the ones that have fallen off the most, although with Roadrunner at the very least they made a mark in the mainstream with the likes of Slipknot, Trivium, Korn etc.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next