Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
DoomMetalAlchemist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:39 am 

Pretty sure it ain't coming this year, but new Pagan Altar is in the works.

Quote:
News of recording.
I've just had a demo back from Brendan who has re-written most of Saints and sinners.We had originally started writing it in 1984 and had kicked around with it in a few rehearsals back then.We had a chorus which Brendan has kept but other than that just bits and pieces on a really beat up tape which I never gave to Brendan.We did try to do it again in the early 2000s and I had put down the music for it but never got around to doing it.Now with Garageband we can send music to each other which makes life so much easier and means we can write together on different continents.I am really happy with how Brendan has written the song and it is not that far away from the ideas my dad had for the verses.
We have also been have some Zoom meetings with our friend Torben who will be working on this project with us.We have been working on the guides and sounds before we start for real and will be doing an LP size album.We will get as much as we can done but will have to wait until Diccon is ready, because he may need an operation on his hand when this pandemic is over and is going to need time to recover.Things are moving but at Pagan Altar speed If you think we average an album once every ten years we are well ahead of time.

https://www.facebook.com/paganaltarofficial/posts/4578095998872135

SweetSilence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:05 pm 

They're just now beginning the recording process and there's not really any sort of promotion right now, but it seems that Coma Cluster Void will put out their third release this year. Their first two are absolute mind fucks of claustrophobic dissonance and off-kilter beats, super dense interplay of melodies that makes Fas look like a walk in the park. Unfortunately the mods here don't consider them to be a metal band.
:lol: :???: :annoyed:

JimbolikesPizza
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:15 am 

Exodus
Overkill
Psycroptic
Municipal Waste
Wraith

lordcatfish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:13 pm 

Nightrage have a new single out on March 26th, with an album to follow later in the year. These guys are pretty reliable, so I'd expect this to be another good release.
Spoiler: show

hallowed78
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:41 am 

Having listened to two released songs, new album by Decline of the I should be a fantastic listen. Album is out on March 26th.

Spoiler: show

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:15 pm 

Paul from Blood Incantation just posted that Stormkeep are already back in the studio.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:46 pm 

HELL FUCKING YEAH new Helloween full length with Pumpkins United lineup, to be released June 18, 2021!

https://www.facebook.com/helloweenofficial/posts/287084142781158

Spiner202
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:35 pm 

Prepare yourselves for: Obsolete - Animate//Isolate. The first pre-release track is linked below (and I'm about halfway through a promo of the album now) and this is wild technical death/thrash, for fans of Atheist, Vektor, Coroner, Death, and others. It's basically constant progressions into different riffs, tempos, and feels. Although I drew the Vektor comparison, it's very different in my view from the modern sci-fi tech thrash bands.

ebirah_666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:10 pm 

Pupil Slicer (grindy mathcore, understandably not on the archives but it's metal adjacent enough for me to post here) and Eyehategod (it's Eyehategod!) both dropping new albums tomorrow!

Last edited by ebirah_666 on Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
joppek
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:47 am 

Spiner202 wrote:
Prepare yourselves for: Obsolete - Animate//Isolate. The first pre-release track is linked below (and I'm about halfway through a promo of the album now) and this is wild technical death/thrash, for fans of Atheist, Vektor, Coroner, Death, and others. It's basically constant progressions into different riffs, tempos, and feels. Although I drew the Vektor comparison, it's very different in my view from the modern sci-fi tech thrash bands.

i'm liking the description - will wait for a full release before sampling any tracks tho'

cultofkraken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:25 pm 

Well the new Seth single has dropped from La Morsure du Christ and I’m extremely impressed. This seems like a return to form (I liked the Howling Spirit but it didn’t quite hit the sound I was hoping for). Will potentially be top ten if the rest of it is as strong as that track.

Rompestromper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:48 pm 

New Hideous Divinity single out for an EP due April 23

Kalaratri
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:05 pm 

Rompestromper wrote:
New Hideous Divinity single out for an EP due April 23

Yeah, it's a 3 track EP. Two originals and a Coheed and Cambria cover of all things.

Kalaratri
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:48 pm 

Blut Aus Nord just posted on their Facebook page today that another Memoria Vetusta album is in the works. I'm assuming it's going to be released under The Meditant moniker since Vindsval hasn't done anything with that project yet. It'll be interesting to hear how it'll differ from the Forhist album that just came out, since it covers a lot of the same territory as the previous Memoria Vetusta releases.

Deathstalker1985
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:21 am 

I saw that Blut Aus Nord post on facebook about it today, and actually had the impression that this release is going to be Memoria Vetusta IV. And not that other project you mentioned.

Kalaratri
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:38 am 

Deathstalker1985 wrote:
I saw that Blut Aus Nord post on facebook about it today, and actually had the impression that this release is going to be Memoria Vetusta IV. And not that other project you mentioned.

I'm pretty sure it will be Memoria Vetusta IV, but I doubt it'll be released under the Blut Aus Nord name. Vindsval seems to want to keep things separated when it comes to the working in different styles of BM and I don't think he sees the Memoria Vetusta albums as being in line with what he wants to do with BAN (I.e. continue what he started with Hallucinogen) even if I don't think they're vastly different soundwise. Which is why I think he'll release them as The Meditant and not Blut Aus Nord.

cultofkraken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:32 pm 

Kalaratri wrote:
Deathstalker1985 wrote:

I'm pretty sure it will be Memoria Vetusta IV, but I doubt it'll be released under the Blut Aus Nord name. Vindsval seems to want to keep things separated when it comes to the working in different styles of BM and I don't think he sees the Memoria Vetusta albums as being in line with what he wants to do with BAN (I.e. continue what he started with Hallucinogen) even if I don't think they're vastly different soundwise. Which is why I think he'll release them as The Meditant and not Blut Aus Nord.

No offense but that doesn’t make a lot of sense. If he planned to release it under the Meditant then wouldn’t he say that instead of just saying it’s time for MV IV under the BAN fb page? Also to sell the album it makes no sense to now diverge from the BAN name and the most memorable set of releases he has put out with a new name that has no connection to the previous releases. That doesn’t seem like a wise move, at least from a label/business standpoint.

Kalaratri
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:23 pm 

cultofkraken wrote:
Kalaratri wrote:
Deathstalker1985 wrote:

No offense but that doesn’t make a lot of sense. If he planned to release it under the Meditant then wouldn’t he say that instead of just saying it’s time for MV IV under the BAN fb page? Also to sell the album it makes no sense to now diverge from the BAN name and the most memorable set of releases he has put out with a new name that has no connection to the previous releases. That doesn’t seem like a wise move, at least from a label/business standpoint.

He uses the BAN Facebook page to promote or tease all of his releases, whether under the BAN name or not and he doesn't necessarily reveal which project new material is meant for until the official album announcement. He did the same thing for the Forhist album, which could've easily slotted in under the BAN moniker (I don't think it differs that much from the Memoria Vetusta albums). I don't think he's as concerned with commercial success as you may think, it seems to be more the case that if he feels the material he's working on fits with what he wants to do with BAN, he'll release it as a BAN album. It's possible that he still releases Memoria Vetusta IV as a BAN album, but I don't think it's necessarily a lock.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:32 am 

Another "most likely not released this year" but DoomSword has some updates:

Quote:
UPDATE: NEW ALBUM
Hails to all
A quick communication here from Deathmaster. We have lots of news, all of which will be revealed over time.
Firstly and most importantly, the new album has been written in ‘first draft’ form.
What is different this time is - inspiration. It just wasn’t there before now. The new songs are mighty, epic and classically DoomSword! The momentum is there and we are working remotely - what I have been sent back by Gianluca “Ancient” Silvi and Wrathlord so far has reduced me to a fan-like state. I cannot praise this lineup enough. Given the current situation we cannot say when the album will be recorded but know that it will be as soon as possible. I don’t want to give too much away but it will focus in its majority on Robert E. Howard and Conan the Barbarian, but there will also be a couple of unrelated tracks and a tribute song.
Check back for news regarding the release of the demo/ vinyls. Also I will be posting old ‘first draft’ demos of some tracks from MNWLO which are killer.
Deathmaster
(Any questions for the next update post below)

https://www.facebook.com/DoomSwordband/posts/205944857777628

Gravetemplar
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:53 am 

Icelandic black metal:

Kalaratri
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:09 pm 

Insomnium released a new single. No indication if this is part of a new EP or full length, but they seem to be teasing more music so I assume something is coming soon.

Also, on a related note, Omnium Gatherum are set to enter the studio soon and Markus Vanhala also finished recording music for a new project which appears to be black metal oriented.

Kalaratri
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:05 pm 

I mentioned them way at the beginning of this thread, but Cruciamentum recently posted a pic of what looks like their drum setup in the studio which suggests that they've started tracking drums for a new album. I believe they mentioned last year that they already had the material for a new album mostly written, so I guess we're probably going to get something in the late Summer/early Fall.

FirebathDan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:28 pm 

I am very much looking forward to the upcoming debut album by Nemorous, which is 4/5 ex-Wodensthrone.

The new track on Bindrune’s Bandcamp is extremely promising.
Obliteration

Kalaratri
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:30 pm 

I'm really anticipating the debut full length from Ildaruni, Beyond Unseen Gateways, which is out next month on April 16 (it was originally supposed to be out on March 19 but got moved back). I haven't heard many bands from Armenia but these guys are really on to something. You can definitely hear Hellenic BM influences mixed with some pagan metal as well.

Fermented_Feces
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:12 pm 

my top 2, for sure

Voivod, they say late 2021, or 2022

Gorguts

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:17 pm 

I think Insomnium said on their livestream that it will be an EP with some more mellow sounding stuff, but I could be mistaken.

Gravetemplar
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:42 am 

New Balmog single from their upcoming album Eve.

https://soundcloud.com/friedhofmag/balmog-desacougo

It honestly blows out of the water most black metal in this vein (Watain, Ondskapt, Acherontas, Ascension, etc). Really sad they don't get 1/100 of the attention those bands get.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:03 pm 

Undeath are back in the studio already!

Kalaratri
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:12 pm 

For any Goatwhore fans out there, they're back in the studio recording a new album right now.

Kalaratri
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:52 am 

Der Weg Einer Freiheit are supposed to be recording the follow up to Finisterre right now, they mentioned last year that they had booked studio time in March for the final recordings.

~Guest 923966
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:30 am 

Gravetemplar wrote:
New Balmog single from their upcoming album Eve.

https://soundcloud.com/friedhofmag/balmog-desacougo

It honestly blows out of the water most black metal in this vein (Watain, Ondskapt, Acherontas, Ascension, etc). Really sad they don't get 1/100 of the attention those bands get.

Thanks for mentioning Balmog, never heard of 'em before and I quite like what I hear!

Kalaratri
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:05 pm 

Outer Heaven have been posting clips of them playing new material since the end of last year, pretty sure it's a safe bet that we get a new album from them this year.

Kalaratri
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:09 pm 

Kvaen finished up the writing for the follow-up to The Funeral Pyre, drums are going to be tracked pretty soon with rhythm guitars to follow in a few weeks.

HR90
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:14 pm 

Probably the new Gojira album because I can't take out Magma from my playlist.

Kalaratri
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:22 am 

Vanum just finished recording a new album according to a FB post I saw today, an announcement through Eisenwald should be coming shortly.

Last edited by Kalaratri on Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gravetemplar
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:45 am 

Kalaratri wrote:
Vanum just finished recording a new album according to a FB post I say today, an announcement through Eisenwald should be coming shortly.

Really underrated band. Saw them twice and they were incredible live.

Kalaratri
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:05 am 

Gravetemplar wrote:
Kalaratri wrote:
Vanum just finished recording a new album according to a FB post I say today, an announcement through Eisenwald should be coming shortly.

Their last album was great, hopefully the new record maintains the same quality.

Gravetemplar
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:14 am 

Kalaratri wrote:
Gravetemplar wrote:
Kalaratri wrote:

Their last album was great, hopefully the new record maintains the same quality.

I like all their stuff but Burning Arrow is my favourite. It's one of those bands that are too modern for old school people and too old school for people into modern metal I guess. The way they mix modern atmo black with Greek black metal epics and melodies is unique.

Kalaratri
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:53 pm 

Dawn just posted a picture on their FB of what looks to be a studio. Does this finally indicate that we're getting the follow-up to Slaughtersun this year, or will it turn out to be a whole lot of nothing like usual? Only time will tell.

Kalaratri
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:53 pm 

Peter Tagtgren just posted that the recordings for the new Hypocrisy album are complete, so we can expect that sometime in the next few months.

Also, Root are in the studio recording a new album.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next