Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:36 pm 

Noticed Pessimist is in the studio recording the new album which is hugely exciting for me, and also really looking forward to the 4 way split with Amestigon/Thy Darkened Shade/Shaarimoth/Inconcessus Lux Lucis.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 11:14 am 

Here's some groovy classic metal carnage with weird Italian traditional music flourishes and absurd vocals:

https://sommoinquisitore.bandcamp.com/releases

Very ear-catching, and quite creative. Releases next week.

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 11:18 am 

New Cerebral Rot album just got announced today, I can already tell that this will be an absolutely nasty album

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:04 am 

New Balmog song.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:58 am 

Anyone looking forward to the new Majestic Downfall record? It will contain 4 songs and the album will be 70 minutes long. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wrF1seTErg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c-6t6Gz1xA

I'm currently spinning ''Roberta'' and it sounds pretty good so far!

SkinMM
Jesus Loves Me (More than You)

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:27 am 

New KPN on the way in September - judging by the album title and cover shown at the end of this video, I think it is quite likely this will be a "return to the roots" style album.

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 10:23 am 

I think people here will really enjoy the upcoming Blazon Rite album. It's epic heavy metal in the vein of Eternal Champion/Visigoth/Megaton Sword. I've spun through the album a number of times, and it's pretty good. Not as enjoyable as any of the referenced bands, but will definitely appeal to fans of that style.

syx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:19 am 

Looking forward to new Qrixkuor in July. The new grave Miasma has been brilliant

Vizzom
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 1:22 pm 

As an adamant J-Metal fan, I'm really interested in seeing how Union Gives Strength stacks up from Galneryus. Seems to be a shorter album than what they usually put out which has made me curious. But I personally found their previous album Into the Purgatory to fall short, especially compared to their clean nature, although granted it did give some really powerful chorus moments and strong vocoder moments in The Followers and Never Again. After a series of albums that have notably gotten a lot darker, and more concept-driven, it is interesting to see them return a bit to the higher sound signature that they were more well-known for. So I am personally very well looking forwards towards what Union Gives Strength has to offer. I heard that they are having a MV coming up, so that is also something to look forwards to.

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 2:23 pm 

Looking forward to Wizardthrone. Latest single has strong Bal-Sagoth influence, which is awesome.

thewrll
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 3:36 pm 

colin040 wrote:
Anyone looking forward to the new Majestic Downfall record? It will contain 4 songs and the album will be 70 minutes long. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wrF1seTErg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c-6t6Gz1xA

I'm currently spinning ''Roberta'' and it sounds pretty good so far!

You can listen to the full album here, https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2021/05 ... eath-doom/

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 8:20 pm 

Curious_dead wrote:
Looking forward to Wizardthrone. Latest single has strong Bal-Sagoth influence, which is awesome.

I checked this out because I love Bal Sagoth, and it sounds great! Thanks!

hallowed78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 9:24 am 

Being a fan of Egyptian themed metal, Crescent was a great find with their album The Order of Amenti.

New one Carving the Fires of Akhet is to be released on June 25th.

Spoiler: show

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 9:43 am 

Pitiless Wanderer wrote:
Curious_dead wrote:

You should also check out Kull if you don't know them, they're basically Bal-Sagoth 2.0. Basically all members of Bal-Sagoth except Byron, same musical style. Only thing is, the album cover is dreadfully brown, compared to the awesome art gracing the covers of most BS albums!

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 10:27 am 

Curious_dead wrote:

The combination of the name and description you give confuses the hell out of me. A band with the most cliched Electric Wizard clone type name that could ever possibly exist, with Bal-Sagoth influence? I looked them up on MA but they don't have a page up (yet).

thrashmaniac87
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 12:47 pm 

General Surgery started recording at Mammoth Sound studios yesterday. Hopefully by the end of the year we'll have the first General Surgery album since 2009.

untappd: patrick_g

MetlaNZ
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 10:08 pm 

Spiner202 wrote:
I think people here will really enjoy the upcoming Blazon Rite album. It's epic heavy metal in the vein of Eternal Champion/Visigoth/Megaton Sword. I've spun through the album a number of times, and it's pretty good. Not as enjoyable as any of the referenced bands, but will definitely appeal to fans of that style.

I gotta say I dig Blazon Rite way more than those other bands you mentioned. This song won me over instantly:

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 9:12 am 

Curious_dead wrote:
Pitiless Wanderer wrote:
Curious_dead wrote:

You should also check out Kull if you don't know them, they're basically Bal-Sagoth 2.0. Basically all members of Bal-Sagoth except Byron, same musical style. Only thing is, the album cover is dreadfully brown, compared to the awesome art gracing the covers of most BS albums!

I did hear that Kull album, and I thought it was good but not great.

MeltedFace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 3:47 pm 

If the rest of the new Duskmourn album is like their new single, this'll be an AOTY contender for me.

Thyfring is releasing their first album in 8 years and it sounds like everything I could hope for.

I've lost touch with Hooded Menace after Never Cross the Dead but this new track offers some stuff I'm excited to hear from them.

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 6:28 pm 

MeltedFace wrote:
If the rest of the new Duskmourn album is like their new single, this'll be an AOTY contender for me.

Duskmourn is fucking outstanding. They're getting more exposure but are still extremely under appreciated. I can't wait for the album - the single is sick!

MutilatorOfSouls
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 7:02 pm 

I'm personally waiting for whatever the fuck Megadeth said they were making.

They said it's almost done, but there's still no singles or anything.

I'm just hoping they don't rerecord Ellefson's bass parts, cause that'd delay it longer.

overtenmy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 7:07 pm 

I’m looking forward to the new Drawn and Quartered “Congregation Pestilence.”
Spoiler: show

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:01 am 

The new Antediluvian track is incredible. Some of the craziest death metal I've heard in a while.

https://nuclearwarnowproductions.bandca ... punishment

Tekdeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:34 am 

Archspire, Virvum, Man Must Die, Orgone, Lantlôs, Ne Obliviscaris, Pestilence.

Not all of these are confirmed for 2021, but it would seem logical for those albums to be released this year. Still hoping Viraemia will finish the full length this year, really excited for that one. Also hope Persefone is working on new stuff, though I have no idea.

e_ddi_e
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:12 am 

Ukraine's 1914 are currently busy recording their third full length offering. Before the completion of it, the five-piece shared an official title and release date. Title: Where Fear And Weapons Meet ; Release date: 22.10.2021.

SquirrelHunt
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:22 pm 

Tekdeth wrote:
Archspire, Virvum, Man Must Die, Orgone, Lantlôs, Ne Obliviscaris, Pestilence.

Not all of these are confirmed for 2021, but it would seem logical for those albums to be released this year. Still hoping Viraemia will finish the full length this year, really excited for that one. Also hope Persefone is working on new stuff, though I have no idea.

Wait, Virvum? And I absolutely have no idea Viraemia is still around.
I have also high anticipation for sophomore efforts from First Fragment, Deviant Process and Ophidian I. It seems all three bands, who have long gaps between albums, are either pushing boundaries or infusing inspiration from other subgenres on their new ones.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:16 pm 

Wormwitch just announced a new one: https://wormwitch.bandcamp.com/album/wolf-hex

I really liked the folk influences on the last album. Doesn't sound like they're doing that this time around, but I'm still very excited.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:48 pm 

Dark Descent Records posted some news about upcoming releases that haven't been previously announced. There are albums/EPs from Begrime Exemious, Malignant Altar, Berator, Imprecation, Desolate Shrine, Corpsessed, and Thantifaxath all scheduled for release this year. There was also a reference to a new release that was supposed to be out in May but got pushed back to September. Supposedly it's a really big one: I doubt it's a new Spectral Voice album, but my guess is it's probably on that level (I'm half thinking something new from Cruciamentum or Dead Congregation, but I don't know how realistic that is).

Oh, and there's likely to be a new Wolves In The Throne Room album announcement in the next couple of days. It looks like they're releasing a new single titled Mountain Magick tomorrow (it's probably already out in Australia, Japan etc.).

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:46 pm 

That new Wolves in the Throne Room track is already out:

https://youtu.be/060p1P6kyiw

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:50 pm 

Gravetemplar wrote:
That new Wolves in the Throne Room track is already out:

https://youtu.be/060p1P6kyiw

Those generated YouTube videos are geo-locked, so those living in regions where it's still June 9 can't play the song. I usually have to wait until 10:30 EST before they're unlocked.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:44 am 

Aborted just announced that they'll be releasing a new album, Maniacult, on September 10. They unveiled the cover art via an article on Heaviest of Art:

https://www.heaviestofart.com/post/exclusive-aborted-unveil-cover-art-for-new-album-maniacult

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:19 pm 

Kalaratri wrote:
Aborted just announced that they'll be releasing a new album, Maniacult, on September 10. They unveiled the cover art via an article on Heaviest of Art:

https://www.heaviestofart.com/post/exclusive-aborted-unveil-cover-art-for-new-album-maniacult

Cool. I liked Terrorvision so I'm looking forward to how they go with this one.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

77hjrttfred
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:21 pm 

I quite like a band called Otargos. I thin they are going to release a new album this year. I am looking forward to that one.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:46 am 

New Vulture Lord with Enzifer and Urus from Urgehal on guitar/drums, a guitarist from Carpathian Forest and a new vocalist. Sounds a lot like a continuation of Urgehal, very thrashy and riffy. I was wondering if Enzifer was ever gonna do anything, so it's about time.

https://odiumrecords.bandcamp.com/album/desecration-rite

SD Plissken
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:25 pm 

Baxaxaxa - Catacomb Cult.

Title track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ELL0bTbx2k

Son0fBam81
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:44 pm 

Really looking forward to Cerebral Rot, Warmoon Lord, Blinding Sun, Drawn and Quartered, and Runespell this year. I also know there's new Odz Manouk and Funebrarum on the way, so hopefully at least a release date for those. And maybe even a whisper of a new Wormlust album please.

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:49 pm 

Destroyer 666 should be releasing their new album later this year, same with new stuff from Abominator and Cemetery Urn. Can't wait
Imagine getting pounded on the side of the head with a rather average-sized brick approximately four times a second for a half-hour while a vacuum cleaner is turned to maximum volume in the background. That's Marduk for ya.

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:05 pm 

gestapothrash wrote:
Destroyer 666 should be releasing their new album later this year, same with new stuff from Abominator and Cemetery Urn. Can't wait

Denouncement Pyre just announced they'll have a new record out this year too, if you're into them.

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:08 pm 

Kalaratri wrote:
gestapothrash wrote:

Denouncement Pyre just announced they'll have a new record out this year too, if you're into them.

Oh hell yeah, I didn't know they had a new one coming out. Good looking out
Imagine getting pounded on the side of the head with a rather average-sized brick approximately four times a second for a half-hour while a vacuum cleaner is turned to maximum volume in the background. That's Marduk for ya.

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:02 pm 

Asphagor announced that they've recorded drums for their new album. Hoping for a 2021 release. The last album was astonishing.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next