Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:14 pm 

androdion wrote:
Spider_X wrote:
Vemod - The Deepening

Wow, at long fucking last!

Hope it's better than the first one. It started great with two incredible songs but the second half of the album was pretty weak.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:17 pm 

It's actually an album I like very much because of how different it is throughout its playing time. It's kind of a lost jewel in that style.

I'm wondering what they'll be bringing with this new one though since it's been so long without them writing anything.

snarg
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:36 pm 

Dutch Prog Black Metal act Wesenwille just released a single on BPM from their upcoming album.

https://youtu.be/W9q_DU7oqTU

Their 1st album was excellent and this single sounds even better. Really excited for this.

Spider_X
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:19 am 

androdion wrote:
It's actually an album I like very much because of how different it is throughout its playing time. It's kind of a lost jewel in that style.

I'm wondering what they'll be bringing with this new one though since it's been so long without them writing anything.

Oh, I def agree! 'Venter på stormene' is really something of absolute beauty! I absolutely love and adore all songs off the album! I used to have the vinyl, but as I no longer have my vinyl collection, as I've decided to strictly collect cassettes for the main part, I will be def grabbing the cassette version of 'Venter på stormene', at some point, in the very near future...

I absolutely cannot wait to hear the new album!

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:46 pm 

Panopticon are putting out a new album titled ...and again into the light in the spring of 2021 (no official release date has been announced yet). They already released the closing track, Know Hope which premiered through No Clean Singing.

https://www.nocleansinging.com/2021/01/19/we-announce-a-new-panopticon-album-and-premiere-its-closing-track-know-hope-with-an-interview-of-austin-lunn/#more-193371

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:24 pm 

Kalaratri wrote:
Panopticon are putting out a new album titled ...and again into the light in the spring of 2021 (no official release date has been announced yet). They already released the closing track, Know Hope which premiered through No Clean Singing.

https://www.nocleansinging.com/2021/01/19/we-announce-a-new-panopticon-album-and-premiere-its-closing-track-know-hope-with-an-interview-of-austin-lunn/#more-193371

This is great. Here's hoping there isn't any boring folk this time and he sticks to what he does better. The Scars Of Man On The Once Nameless Wilderness Part 1 was his best in a while.

Lord_Lexy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:38 pm 

I really hope we get that allegedly recorded new Iron Maiden record, but I’m not holding my breath. My guess is that they first finish The Legacy of the Beast, which was already postponed to this year and might be moved again, and only then release the new music. It wouldn’t do to release something and then ignore it on the tour, or drop LotB altogether because of the investments done.

I also hope The Vision Bleak will record something again, and they’re hoping to do so to: FB.

Confirmed records to look out for:

Therion - Leviathan: I liked both Les Fleurs du Mal and Beloved Antichrist, but time has come for normal Therion to return.

Epica - Omega: likely more of the same. Good same.

Ex Deo - 13 Years of Nero: they are three solid albums into their career and I don’t see their formula stopping anytime soon.

Powerwolf - Call of the Wild: Sacrament of Sin was their best since Blood of Saints, maybe ever. Can they top it?

Conan are working on new stuff. Heavy stuff.

Simfers
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:49 am 

Had no idea about a new Powerwolf album, that just made my list! :-)

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:10 am 

Necromantia appears to be preparing to record what looks to be their final album. No release date right now.

https://www.facebook.com/necromantiaban ... 2035457576

Also Magus has been working with Jim Mutilator of Rotting Christ & Varathron fame on a project called Yoth Iria. It's along the lines of what you would expect (classic Greek BM) with a melodic twist. They released an EP last year and have an album called As the Flame Withers coming out on the 25th. Might be of interest to fans of the style.

https://paganrecords.bandcamp.com/album ... me-withers

Lord_Lexy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:32 am 

Simfers wrote:
Had no idea about a new Powerwolf album, that just made my list! :-)

The news couldn’t be hotter:FB.

Call of the Wild is scheduled for a summer release.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:34 am 

New Ad Nauseam song. https://avantgardemusic.bandcamp.com/al ... le-impulse

noisevortex
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:01 pm 

Gravetemplar wrote:

Nice! That's one of my most anticipated albums of 2021.

I'm not sure if they have too many fans around here with how they changed their sound over the last few albums but there are also a few tracks available for preview for the upcoming Emptiness album.
https://emptiness.bandcamp.com/

Nagash_343
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:10 pm 

Alkerdeel will release their new album on 21 february.

Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:42 pm 

Monstrosity are working on their next album now; hopefully it will be out by the end of the year.

Steel_Jaw
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:03 pm 

2021 should see the release of Grey Aura's new album, according to what they posted on Facebook a couple of months ago.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:18 pm 

Now that I've heard the first two songs from the new album from The Body, I am stoked.

KrigareTjovane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:49 am 

New Lovebites EP in March has me pretty excited. They are seriously a special power metal band.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:40 am 

Woah, I didn't even realize until this morning that Labyrinth has a new one coming out this month.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:07 am 

jimbies wrote:
Woah, I didn't even realize until this morning that Labyrinth has a new one coming out this month.

That's the one I'm waiting for right now. I got no idea how it's gonna sound with that cover and tracklist. But the first single they released was cool.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:34 am 

Ulvegr - Isblod (raw Ukrainian black metal) Feb 1st
https://ulvegr.bandcamp.com/album/isblod

Human Serpent - Heirlooms Eternal (Greek black metal, probably already mentioned) Jan 30th
https://humanserpent.bandcamp.com/album/heirlooms-eternal

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:04 pm 

Nekromantheon just announced today that they're releasing a new album on April 30, titled The Visions of Trismegistos. The first single is out next Wednesday.

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:26 pm 

The Australian Symphonic/Neoclassical black metal act Aquilus just announced that their sophomore record is FINALLY in the mastering stages and getting ready for a release. In my opinion, Griseus is arguably the most perfect synthesis of classical music and extreme metal that exists (one of the best for metal as a whole) and that came out 10 years ago, so I'm seriously fucking stoked!

https://www.facebook.com/AquilusMusic/p ... 6037461303

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:21 am 

So the new Memoriam just kindof showed up for preorder to my surprise. New track is out and it might as well be named Bolt Thrower. Karl sounds better on this track than he has ever sounded with Memoriam (last album was showing a return to form but this is it). I’m very psyched for this now.

Last edited by cultofkraken on Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:22 am 

I haven't read this whole thread, but Alda, Vanum and Woman is the Earth new albums should be interesting. Also Im prey Weigedood were bringing out a new one too.

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:29 am 

Inkshooter wrote:

Looks like Ceremonial Castings are back for good for now, that's good news. Also looking forward to the new Coldworld.

Is it a new coldworld or just "the stars are dea now" vinyl release.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:52 am 

cultofkraken wrote:
So the new Memoriam just kindof showed up for preorder to my surprise. New track is out and it might as well be named Bolt Thrower. Karl sounds better on this track than he has ever sounded with Memoriam (last album was showing a return to form but this is it). I’m very psyched for this now.

New Memoriam? Didn't the band end after their last release due to "peer pressure"? I'm confused... :scratch:

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:36 pm 

androdion wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:

New Memoriam? Didn't the band end after their last release due to "peer pressure"? I'm confused... :scratch:

Me too! Lo and behold though it is nigh!

https://youtu.be/goDKHYj-UFY

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:58 pm 

So new album, new FB page and new label?! Uhm... strange...

draconiondevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:34 pm 

Required Fields wrote:
Monstrosity are working on their next album now; hopefully it will be out by the end of the year.

New album coming 2029.

noisevortex
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:03 pm 

FLIPPITYFLOOP wrote:
The Australian Symphonic/Neoclassical black metal act Aquilus just announced that their sophomore record is FINALLY in the mastering stages and getting ready for a release. In my opinion, Griseus is arguably the most perfect synthesis of classical music and extreme metal that exists (one of the best for metal as a whole) and that came out 10 years ago, so I'm seriously fucking stoked!

https://www.facebook.com/AquilusMusic/p ... 6037461303

Didn't think I'd hear from this band again. Definitely going to keep an eye on the upcoming album.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:38 pm 

androdion wrote:
So new album, new FB page and new label?! Uhm... strange...

Yeah I suppose it’s odd, never really thought about it but now that you put it that way...

Waltz_of_Ghouls
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:18 pm 

Semi metal, but the new Hexenkraft album, Permadeath. I expect this one to rip hard
Fire walk with me"

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:33 pm 

noisevortex wrote:
Gravetemplar wrote:

Nice! That's one of my most anticipated albums of 2021.

I'm not sure if they have too many fans around here with how they changed their sound over the last few albums but there are also a few tracks available for preview for the upcoming Emptiness album.
https://emptiness.bandcamp.com/

Full streaming.

https://www.nocleansinging.com/2021/01/ ... e-impulse/

snarg
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:44 pm 

Downcross released 2 really good albums in 2019 and a nice EP last year. The 1st single of their upcoming album is now available.

The single is more of the same really, which in this case isn't a bad thing, so I'll definitely be checking the full release when the time comes.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:49 pm 

snarg wrote:
Downcross ...

This black metal that's just power metal with screechy vocals, is that a new thing or did I miss the development. I've heard several of these lately. Take away the snare blasting and palm-mute the guitars a bit and you're left with proper power metal, albeit a bit more repetitive than usual.
I prefer my black metal violent and mean.

snarg
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:19 pm 

Opus wrote:
snarg wrote:
Downcross ...

This black metal that's just power metal with screechy vocals, is that a new thing or did I miss the development. I've heard several of these lately. Take away the snare blasting and palm-mute the guitars a bit and you're left with proper power metal, albeit a bit more repetitive than usual.
I prefer my black metal violent and mean.

IDK, i like it and can't hear any power metal in there, just a more melodic brand of BM to me, maybe some medieval folky vibe, which is stuff I like

I like both the aggressive and/or the more melodic kind, but their 1st album (which is my fav of them) was definitely a bit raspier than this single

EldritchSun
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:17 am 

snarg wrote:
Downcross released 2 really good albums in 2019 and a nice EP last year. The 1st single of their upcoming album is now available.

The single is more of the same really, which in this case isn't a bad thing, so I'll definitely be checking the full release when the time comes.

Sounds like Mgla, even more than Uada tries to.

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:32 am 

Defleshed have recently reformed. Looks like they are planning to release a new single next week and what I assume is a new album on April 30th.

https://www.facebook.com/defleshedoffic ... 6946472131

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:18 pm 

I Am the Law wrote:
Defleshed have recently reformed. Looks like they are planning to release a new single next week and what I assume is a new album on April 30th.

https://www.facebook.com/defleshedoffic ... 6946472131

Yes please.

However, I think the Apr 30 release is just a 2-song 7". But judging by the fact that they only now have set up a FB and YT page, I'm guessing/hoping an album is on the horizon.

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:38 am 

Any chance that Horrendous will release their 5th album this year? I know they said they were writing the next album after they had to cancel their last tour due to the pandemic. Really excited to see what direction they take with their next album.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next