Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
CrippledLucifer
Metalhead

Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 5:08 am
Posts: 665
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:42 pm 
 

waiguoren wrote:
Nah, nothing to do with native speaker or not. Innesl (is that how you spell it?) is being obtuse. And that whole 'left and right according to the American sense' is nonsense, the whole world is so entwined with America right now it just makes no sense. Trust me the Swedish left is pretty much the same as the American left, and vice-versa.

This is all pointless anyhow, just make your point and move on. Arguing endlessly about this shit when YOU KNOW you won't be changing anyone's mind is just, god, I don't know, write a fucking book or adopt a pet or something, some of us just want(ed) to see if Jon is still in jail or not. Thanks for the yawn-inducing diversion I guess?

Why not just go to Google for that information instead of, you know, a discussion forum?
_________________
I_Crash_and_Burn wrote:
This is filth

Top
 Profile  
interstellar_medium
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:41 am
Posts: 708
Location: Russia
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:49 pm 
 

waiguoren wrote:
And that whole 'left and right according to the American sense' is nonsense, the whole world is so entwined with America right now it just makes no sense. Trust me the Swedish left is pretty much the same as the American left, and vice-versa.


You're Swedish, so I'll trust you on what the Swedish left is like... but "the whole world", nope, unless you're ready to proclaim that Russia is not part of the world you're talking about. Our left is... nothing like the American left.

Top
 Profile  
waiguoren
Veteran

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:23 am
Posts: 2736
Location: Umeå, Sweden
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:43 am 
 

CrippledLucifer wrote:
waiguoren wrote:
Nah, nothing to do with native speaker or not. Innesl (is that how you spell it?) is being obtuse. And that whole 'left and right according to the American sense' is nonsense, the whole world is so entwined with America right now it just makes no sense. Trust me the Swedish left is pretty much the same as the American left, and vice-versa.

This is all pointless anyhow, just make your point and move on. Arguing endlessly about this shit when YOU KNOW you won't be changing anyone's mind is just, god, I don't know, write a fucking book or adopt a pet or something, some of us just want(ed) to see if Jon is still in jail or not. Thanks for the yawn-inducing diversion I guess?

Why not just go to Google for that information instead of, you know, a discussion forum?


Because I'd rather go here. It's idle curiosity, not something I'm heavily invested in. But thanks for your concern, I really appreciate it.
_________________
I am a Chinese lady with a pair of big water eyes under the long eyelashes.I don't know how beautiful i am , but people usually say that I needn't do face-painting.

Top
 Profile  
waiguoren
Veteran

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:23 am
Posts: 2736
Location: Umeå, Sweden
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:45 am 
 

interstellar_medium wrote:
waiguoren wrote:
And that whole 'left and right according to the American sense' is nonsense, the whole world is so entwined with America right now it just makes no sense. Trust me the Swedish left is pretty much the same as the American left, and vice-versa.


You're Swedish, so I'll trust you on what the Swedish left is like... but "the whole world", nope, unless you're ready to proclaim that Russia is not part of the world you're talking about. Our left is... nothing like the American left.


Sure, but is Russia really a part of the world? (THAT'S A JOKE PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT SERIOUSLY!)
_________________
I am a Chinese lady with a pair of big water eyes under the long eyelashes.I don't know how beautiful i am , but people usually say that I needn't do face-painting.

Top
 Profile  
ObservationSlave
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:27 pm
Posts: 1092
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:42 am 
 

Earthcubed wrote:
BastardHead wrote:
All of them thought they were doing the right thing, no fucking shit, otherwise they wouldn't've fucking done it. I don't think anybody has said otherwise.


*****

Ilwhyan wrote:
Yes, the problem is that nobody happens to think that Trump should've won, and stands for him only because they believe it's the right thing to do for democracy's sake.

HeavenDuff wrote:
turds who attacked the Capitol Building did so while purposefuly ignoring the overwhelming amount of proofs that they were in the wrong. Chosing to blind yourself to facts

MetlaNZ wrote:
Nah, it's just an excuse and a not very subtle attempt to legitimize their beliefs.



This line of conversation seems to me to have started with henkkjelle making an empirical statement about MAGA cultists, a handful of people mistaking it for a normative one, and then InnesI doing that thing where he drags the guts of his premise across sandpaper for their entire intestinal length before wiping his keyboard with it.


You know it's an internet forum when the most reasonable post in the last couple of pages gets completely passed over without pause. I'd also assume no one clicked the link you provided in your earlier post, because that sure would have saved a lot of back and forths.

Top
 Profile  
InnesI
The Goat Fucker

Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:19 pm
Posts: 1873
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:43 am 
 

Gravetemplar wrote:
InnesI has been playing the devil's advocate for conservatives, far right supporters and fascists for a while. "Fascism is the new punk" is just another of his pseudo-intellectual schemes to whitewash fascism because there's always some tangential argument to make it look less bad.


Except that I clearly said, several times, that I didn't regard any ideology as punk (that includes right wing politics). I said it in this thread...

Here: 02 Apr 2021 00:37
Here: 02 Apr 2021 03:33
Here: 02 Apr 2021 11:59
Here: 03 Apr 2021 03:07
Here: 03 Apr 2021 16:14
Here: 03 Apr 2021 19:18
Here: 04 Apr 2021 07:26

It's amazing to me that I've said the same point 7 times that punk isn't about any specific political ideology. I never once said right wing politics are punk (and if you think I did feel free to show me where). And some people still claim that what I really said was "Fascism is the new punk". Stunning, but quite telling.

waiguoren wrote:
Nah, nothing to do with native speaker or not. Innesl (is that how you spell it?) is being obtuse. And that whole 'left and right according to the American sense' is nonsense, the whole world is so entwined with America right now it just makes no sense. Trust me the Swedish left is pretty much the same as the American left, and vice-versa.


Except, of course, that the only viable left wing option for Americans (the democratic party) are more right wing than the most right wing Swedish party (moderaterna). I'll leave the Sweden Democrats out of this since they are socially conservative but economically more left wing.

Oblarg wrote:
It's entirely possible to attach oneself to the "punk" aesthetic while being right wing. Does this make someone "punk?" Does it matter?


Yep!

interstellar_medium wrote:
Okay, that makes you one person who's not a native speaker out of at least four who are.

I couldn't care less for what's going on outside the "music talk" boards - so maybe InnesI has indeed managed to make a name for themselves (so to speak) out there, I wouldn't know. They certainly don't seem to do this in this thread.
What I'm reading is that they're saying that there's loads of stupid people belonging to "privileged classes" who believe they are cool and "rebellious" when they are "fighting" imaginary oppression (when they think their privilege might be threatened, which equals "oppression" in their minds). Which is of course bullshit, but that's what those stupid people believe, unfortunately.
Which is also what everyone else is saying. But using different words.


Pretty much!

BastardHead wrote:
The Goat Fucker


You nicknamed me The Goat Fucker under my username. That was very mature and not at all being a bully about things. However let's hope it was the yellow goat from the famous Bathory album cover. At least then I know I'd fucked a rarity. :lol:

Image
_________________
Metal Archives resident goat fucker. Since adopting the name InnesI online I've also been called a satanist, communist, right wing, nazi-apologist, fascist, muslim, muslim lover, PC, neoliberal, boot licker and verbal masturbator! Feel free to add your projection too. :-)

Top
 Profile  
henkkjelle
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:54 pm
Posts: 4215
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:31 pm 
 

Quote:
InnesI The Goat Fucker


I'm sorry for initially starting the conversation that led to this, but fucking the earthly avatar of Baphomet is pretty fucking metal in a symbolic way.... Not the worst forum title I've ever seen!

Top
 Profile  
interstellar_medium
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:41 am
Posts: 708
Location: Russia
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:34 pm 
 

waiguoren wrote:
Sure, but is Russia really a part of the world? (THAT'S A JOKE PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT SERIOUSLY!)


=D
Maybe Russia is the whole world and everything else is just an illusion ;P

Top
 Profile  
HeavenDuff
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:35 pm
Posts: 2409
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:24 pm 
 

InnesI wrote:
The point was made by HeavenyDuff that a rebellion isn't a rebellion if the premises on which the rebellion is based are wrong. That is why we got into that discussion. And again the point was made bu me and henkkjelle that rebellion in itself is just a descriptive term. One can then talk about if it is based on legitimate oppression or not but it is still a rebellion.


My point was also that it's not a rebellion if you're fighting to preserve class privileges. White supremacists and fascists are not "rebellious", they are reactionary.

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 29606
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:28 pm 
 

Yeah making it about "left or right wing" isn't really the full scope. Upholding the order of polite society just isn't cool.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: Possessor

Top
 Profile  
Oblarg
Veteran

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:59 pm
Posts: 2869
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:46 pm 
 

InnesI wrote:
Quote:
Does it matter?


Yep!


How, exactly?
_________________
iamntbatman wrote:
manowar are literally five times the band that fates warning are: each member is as good as fates warning alone, then joey's bass solos are like an entire extra fates warning

Top
 Profile  
Kalaratri
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:22 pm
Posts: 958
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:14 am 
 

Apparently, the federal government is working on some sort of plea/cooperation death with Schaffer. It was never supposed to be public knowledge but got inadvertently leaked. So it looks like he might avoid a long prison sentence.

https://metalinjection.net/metal-crimes/iced-earths-jon-schaffer-working-on-cooperation-deal-with-govt-according-to-leaked-documents

Top
 Profile  
Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:29 pm
Posts: 1007
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:23 am 
 

Kalaratri wrote:
Apparently, the federal government is working on some sort of plea/cooperation death with Schaffer. It was never supposed to be public knowledge but got inadvertently leaked. So it looks like he might avoid a long prison sentence.

https://metalinjection.net/metal-crimes/iced-earths-jon-schaffer-working-on-cooperation-deal-with-govt-according-to-leaked-documents

Dude is almost definitely snitching on people as a condition of this, and is likely going to have some seriously restrictive conditions attached to his release. Depending on who he's snitching on, that might do an even bigger number on his musical career - snitching on extremely dangerous people is a great way to wind up in witness protection.

Top
 Profile  
InnesI
The Goat Fucker

Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:19 pm
Posts: 1873
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:22 am 
 

henkkjelle wrote:
Quote:
InnesI The Goat Fucker


I'm sorry for initially starting the conversation that led to this, but fucking the earthly avatar of Baphomet is pretty fucking metal in a symbolic way.... Not the worst forum title I've ever seen!


Indeed! Which is why I decided to fully embrace this :-)

Oblarg wrote:
InnesI wrote:
Quote:
Does it matter?


Yep!


How, exactly?


My "yep" was in response to the part of the quote you removed not to the question.

HeavenDuff wrote:
My point was also that it's not a rebellion if you're fighting to preserve class privileges. White supremacists and fascists are not "rebellious", they are reactionary.


A reactionary movement can also bring major and sudden impact on society in the form of revolution (if it overthrows, for example, a liberal order). Revolution is only the name of a method not a name indicating a goal. Therefore we've seen revolutions in the name of vastly different ideologies and world-views (right wing, left wing, liberal, conservative, monarchical, muslim, christian and whatever else you can think of).

And remember that we even had a movement from 100 years ago where the main thinkers were called The Conservative Revolutionaries for example. It may sound like an oxymoron to many today but it really isn't. It's the same way with the Islamic revolution in Iran (which I've learned more about recently because I'm dating a persian woman) which established a highly muslim conservative social order over a way more liberal one. It was still a revolution even though the aims weren't progressive, left wing or liberal.
_________________
Metal Archives resident goat fucker. Since adopting the name InnesI online I've also been called a satanist, communist, right wing, nazi-apologist, fascist, muslim, muslim lover, PC, neoliberal, boot licker and verbal masturbator! Feel free to add your projection too. :-)

Top
 Profile  
Kalaratri
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:22 pm
Posts: 958
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:41 am 
 

Frank Booth wrote:
Kalaratri wrote:
Apparently, the federal government is working on some sort of plea/cooperation death with Schaffer. It was never supposed to be public knowledge but got inadvertently leaked. So it looks like he might avoid a long prison sentence.

https://metalinjection.net/metal-crimes/iced-earths-jon-schaffer-working-on-cooperation-deal-with-govt-according-to-leaked-documents

Dude is almost definitely snitching on people as a condition of this, and is likely going to have some seriously restrictive conditions attached to his release. Depending on who he's snitching on, that might do an even bigger number on his musical career - snitching on extremely dangerous people is a great way to wind up in witness protection.


Yeah I don't see much of a chance of Jon's career recovering however this goes. I think at this point he's solely concerned with staying out of prison and not anything else.

Top
 Profile  
HeavenDuff
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:35 pm
Posts: 2409
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:45 pm 
 

InnesI wrote:
A reactionary movement can also bring major and sudden impact on society in the form of revolution (if it overthrows, for example, a liberal order). Revolution is only the name of a method not a name indicating a goal. Therefore we've seen revolutions in the name of vastly different ideologies and world-views (right wing, left wing, liberal, conservative, monarchical, muslim, christian and whatever else you can think of).

And remember that we even had a movement from 100 years ago where the main thinkers were called The Conservative Revolutionaries for example. It may sound like an oxymoron to many today but it really isn't. It's the same way with the Islamic revolution in Iran (which I've learned more about recently because I'm dating a persian woman) which established a highly muslim conservative social order over a way more liberal one. It was still a revolution even though the aims weren't progressive, left wing or liberal.


I said rebellion, not revolution. And I mean, I don't really think it's relevent to argue semantics here. It's not so much that you are incorrect, as these things are true. There was indeed something we called the Conservative Revolution in Germany following the 1st World War and leading up to the creation of the Nazi Party and World War 2. I'm not denying that. But this whole argument stems from someone making the argument that punk was not politically aligned and that what defined it was vague "rebellion", which is just not true. Schaffer and the other shitheads who stormed the Capitol Building are not "punk", there was nothing "punk" about what they did.

Top
 Profile  
Kalaratri
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:22 pm
Posts: 958
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:40 pm 
 

I agree with InnesI inasmuch as I don't think "punk" is really tied to any particular political ideology. Early bands like The Ramones and The Sex Pistols were either apolitical or nihilistic (Johnny and Joey Ramone were on opposite sides of the political spectrum for example) while other bands like The Clash expressed socialist views. There was never really a unification of punks under any specific ideology. I think it's meaningless to use the word punk to describe the insurrection because I doubt any of the insurrectionists would ever describe themselves as punk or have that mindset. They're more likely to see themselves as patriots following the lead of the Founding Fathers and revolting against an act of injustice perpetrated by the current government.

Top
 Profile  
InnesI
The Goat Fucker

Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:19 pm
Posts: 1873
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:08 pm 
 

HeavenDuff wrote:
I said rebellion, not revolution. And I mean, I don't really think it's relevent to argue semantics here. It's not so much that you are incorrect, as these things are true. There was indeed something we called the Conservative Revolution in Germany following the 1st World War and leading up to the creation of the Nazi Party and World War 2. I'm not denying that. But this whole argument stems from someone making the argument that punk was not politically aligned and that what defined it was vague "rebellion", which is just not true. Schaffer and the other shitheads who stormed the Capitol Building are not "punk", there was nothing "punk" about what they did.


A rebellion is also just resistance to an established government. Could come from any side of the political spectrum. But you are right in that the storming of the capitol was not connected to the punk movement. It shared the characteristic of of rebellion and (perhaps a try at) revolution but that in itself does not make punk if its separate from the cultural movement (style, music, DIY etc). BLM is not punk either (though they probably have more people in it's ranks that would identify as punks compared to the Trump supporters).

Kalaratri wrote:
I agree with InnesI inasmuch as I don't think "punk" is really tied to any particular political ideology. Early bands like The Ramones and The Sex Pistols were either apolitical or nihilistic (Johnny and Joey Ramone were on opposite sides of the political spectrum for example) while other bands like The Clash expressed socialist views. There was never really a unification of punks under any specific ideology. I think it's meaningless to use the word punk to describe the insurrection because I doubt any of the insurrectionists would ever describe themselves as punk or have that mindset. They're more likely to see themselves as patriots following the lead of the Founding Fathers and revolting against an act of injustice perpetrated by the current government.


Yep!
_________________
Metal Archives resident goat fucker. Since adopting the name InnesI online I've also been called a satanist, communist, right wing, nazi-apologist, fascist, muslim, muslim lover, PC, neoliberal, boot licker and verbal masturbator! Feel free to add your projection too. :-)

Top
 Profile  
Kalaratri
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:22 pm
Posts: 958
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:07 pm 
 

Basically what it comes down to is that a bunch of people did some really bad things because of what they felt were justified reasons, even though those reasons were dumb as hell as seen by anyone outside of the said group. They were basically living in an alternate reality of course, but I think it's fair to say that their actions, from their point of view, could be seen as a rebellion or revolution of some kind. I think it's important to realize that labeling something a rebellion or revolution does not assign any particular judgment as to whether it's good or not. To me, a rebellion is just an act of disobedience or resistance against some other entity. Whether the rebellion is justified, whether it's a morally good or bad thing is a completely separate issue. I'm just describing the act, not making a value judgment about it.

Top
 Profile  
wizard_of_bore
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2003 4:17 pm
Posts: 654
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:40 pm 
 

He has agreed to plead guilty and is expected to also agree to a cooperation agreement with the government

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iced-earths-jon-schaffer-pleads-guilty-to-two-charges-for-his-role-in-capitol-riot/
_________________
dheacock's wrote:
Quote:
Now for a higher level song like Moth Into Flame. I specifically remember getting in trouble at school for hearing this the day it was released for having my phone out and then defiantly saying to my teacher Fuck off Im listening to a new Metallica song

Top
 Profile  
Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:29 pm
Posts: 1007
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:54 pm 
 

wizard_of_bore wrote:
He has agreed to plead guilty and is expected to also agree to a cooperation agreement with the government

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iced-earths-jon-schaffer-pleads-guilty-to-two-charges-for-his-role-in-capitol-riot/

Translation: snitching. I don't think he'll have a career after this either way - none of the big labels are going to want to touch him, he's going to run into a lot of travel issues, and depending on what he tells the feds, there's a pretty good chance that he's going to piss off some really dangerous people and won't be able to safely show his face in the US.

Top
 Profile  
CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:02 pm
Posts: 1005
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:56 pm 
 

How much did it kill this nutjob inside to agree to pleading guilty?

"I was FIGHTING for my GOD GIVEN RIGHTS! I'M A GOD DAMNED HERO!!!*
_________________
GTog:
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 29606
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:00 pm 
 

I love the imagery of this fucking loser staking everything to go storm the capitol thinking he was a big badass, and now he's tail-between-legs and having to snitch to the cops... fuck him.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: Possessor

Top
 Profile  
GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:36 pm
Posts: 2829
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:15 pm 
 

Although Jon has been a monumental douche for years, it is kind of sad to chronicle his descent into madness, finally culminating in facing 30 years behind bars and agreeing to work with the federal government months after he sincerely believed he was going to help overthrow it. So many people bought into this nonsense, and it's really tragic how bad information and belief systems can make people spiral downward like this.
_________________
Ismetal wrote:
GuntherTheUndying IS THE GAY NUMBER 1, HE DOESNT LIKE TO READ THE TRUTH, SO I THINK THIS PAGE IS FOR GAYS WHO WANTS TO READ MESSAGES LIKE "I LOVE MY BAND", "THEY ARE MY LOVE"

Obligatory Last FM Link

Top
 Profile  
Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:29 pm
Posts: 1007
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:23 pm 
 

Dude had it all and lost it in one day. Decades of hard work wasted now that his musical career is shot, he's a rat, and he very well may have to get spirited away by the Marshals to go work at a Target somewhere across the country because he told on some people who are going to try and kill him.

Top
 Profile  
TadGhostal
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:31 pm
Posts: 1033
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:08 pm 
 

Yeah, I wasn't really convinced that his career would be over because of the arrest. I still maintain plenty of right-wingers would come out for him simply because he was involved. But turning snitch? He's toast. Can't wait for the "he was really working for antifa" conspiracies to pop up.

Top
 Profile  
Gravetemplar
Veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:08 am
Posts: 2637
Location: Antarctica
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:13 pm 
 

TadGhostal wrote:
Yeah, I wasn't really convinced that his career would be over because of the arrest. I still maintain plenty of right-wingers would come out for him simply because he was involved. But turning snitch? He's toast. Can't wait for the "he was really working for antifa" conspiracies to pop up.

I've already read some of these but I'm still not sure if it was satire or people think that for real.

Top
 Profile  
wizard_of_bore
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2003 4:17 pm
Posts: 654
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:18 pm 
 

A quote from CNN. I thought it was interesting.

Quote:
Prosecutors agreed to a recommendation of between 3.5 and 4.5 years in prison, depending on Schaffer's continued cooperation in prosecuting other rioters
_________________
dheacock's wrote:
Quote:
Now for a higher level song like Moth Into Flame. I specifically remember getting in trouble at school for hearing this the day it was released for having my phone out and then defiantly saying to my teacher Fuck off Im listening to a new Metallica song

Top
 Profile  
Goatfangs
Wicker Mantis

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:02 pm
Posts: 2676
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:25 pm 
 

I admit, it is amusing to see that he is the first rioter to plead guilty, and he is once again front-page on CNN right now

I am like, "I know that guy and I saw his band live once. I used to respect Iced Earth, but now I don't think I can wear my only Iced Earth shirt, even though it has Purgatori, a hot red demoness vampire lady"
_________________
Openly LGBTQ+
In defiance of Christofascists

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell
RIP DIO

Top
 Profile  
Gravetemplar
Veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:08 am
Posts: 2637
Location: Antarctica
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:31 pm 
 

Goatfangs wrote:
"now I don't think I can wear my only Iced Earth shirt"

Something similar happened to me with my ISIS shirt...

Top
 Profile  
AcidWorm
Veteran

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:37 pm
Posts: 3179
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:34 pm 
 

Hopefully, we get a lot of cooperating witnesses, and I hope to see Roger Stone face charges, and perhaps Alex Jones too, but wait to see what happens.

I want to check out this documentary this 5min summary discusses. This, to me outlines what I view as the greatest threat to the United States right now; the right wing media, and how it is radicalizing people, which led to the attack on the Capitol on January 6th.
_________________
In reference to Baby Metal
tanabata wrote:
I heard one of the moderators blacklisted them because of his subjective opinion. Well If that is the case, you sir have shit taste and you ain't my nigga!

Top
 Profile  
Curious_dead
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:13 pm
Posts: 659
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:44 pm 
 

Goatfangs wrote:
I admit, it is amusing to see that he is the first rioter to plead guilty, and he is once again front-page on CNN right now

I am like, "I know that guy and I saw his band live once. I used to respect Iced Earth, but now I don't think I can wear my only Iced Earth shirt, even though it has Purgatori, a hot red demoness vampire lady"


I don't love Iced Earth music, used to listen to their best of once in a while, but they have some cool t-shirts. My first metal t-shirt was actually Demons and Wizards, I didn't even know the band, just loved the image!

Top
 Profile  
Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 8:22 pm
Posts: 5464
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:33 pm 
 

Letting the government take your guns and primary sources of income away from you to own the libs.
_________________
Christopher Steve (Doom Folk/Americana): http://christophersteve.bandcamp.com/
Lavaborne (Power Doom): https://lavaborne.bandcamp.com
Spirit Division (Stoner Doom): http://spiritdivision.bandcamp.com

Top
 Profile  
Slater922
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:24 pm
Posts: 721
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:17 pm 
 

AcidWorm wrote:
Hopefully, we get a lot of cooperating witnesses, and I hope to see Roger Stone face charges, and perhaps Alex Jones too, but wait to see what happens.

I want to check out this documentary this 5min summary discusses. This, to me outlines what I view as the greatest threat to the United States right now; the right wing media, and how it is radicalizing people, which led to the attack on the Capitol on January 6th.

Just finished watching a video, and it's crazy to think that a family was nearly destroyed because of FOX News and Bob Grant. At least the story had a happy ending.
_________________
FLORIDIAN DEATH METAL AND NORWEGIAN BLACK METAL IS KING

Check out my reviews

Top
 Profile  
Subrick
Metal Strongman

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 9783
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:27 pm 
 

I've said it here before, but imagine spending almost 40 years building up a career as a musician, becoming one of the most acclaimed rhythm guitarists in the history of heavy metal and being the main guy behind one of the biggest metal bands of all time, just to throw it all away because you bought into propaganda about how "THEY" were coming to ruin your country, and this compels you to participate in a violent insurrection attempt against the US government, after which you get arrested, jailed, and eventually plead guilty and agree to rat out every single person involved in said violent insurrection attempt.

That is the story of Jon Schaffer. Everything he did in Iced Earth means nothing now. He'll be forever remembered as a felonious rat that torpedoed his career and future, all ultimately because he read things on the internet without researching them (not like he was likely to do that anyway, considering his history of being a complete idiot).
_________________
Earthcubed wrote:
I'm just perpetually annoyed by Sean William Scott and he's never been in a movie where I wasn't rooting for his head to sever by strange means.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Top
 Profile  
Slater922
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:24 pm
Posts: 721
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:36 pm 
 

Subrick wrote:
I've said it here before, but imagine spending almost 40 years building up a career as a musician, becoming one of the most acclaimed rhythm guitarists in the history of heavy metal and being the main guy behind one of the biggest metal bands of all time, just to throw it all away because you bought into propaganda about how "THEY" were coming to ruin your country, and this compels you to participate in a violent insurrection attempt against the US government, after which you get arrested, jailed, and eventually plead guilty and agree to rat out every single person involved in said violent insurrection attempt.

That is the story of Jon Schaffer. Everything he did in Iced Earth means nothing now. He'll be forever remembered as a felonious rat that torpedoed his career and future, all ultimately because he read things on the internet without researching them (not like he was likely to do that anyway, considering his history of being a complete idiot).

Ngl, this would be a pretty good opening for a documentary about him.
_________________
FLORIDIAN DEATH METAL AND NORWEGIAN BLACK METAL IS KING

Check out my reviews

Top
 Profile  
Speed Metal Terror
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:14 pm
Posts: 282
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:34 pm 
 

I'm guessing titling their last album Incorruptible is ironic now that he's going to be an informant.

"I had a band many years ago
One tragic night it died."
_________________
"By this axe I rule!"

Top
 Profile  
GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:36 pm
Posts: 2829
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:30 pm 
 

They are currently trashing him on CNN. Apparently he is not only a member of the Oath Keepers, but a founding member? Talk about being up shit's creek.
_________________
Ismetal wrote:
GuntherTheUndying IS THE GAY NUMBER 1, HE DOESNT LIKE TO READ THE TRUTH, SO I THINK THIS PAGE IS FOR GAYS WHO WANTS TO READ MESSAGES LIKE "I LOVE MY BAND", "THEY ARE MY LOVE"

Obligatory Last FM Link

Top
 Profile  
Turner
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:04 am
Posts: 2223
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:51 am 
 

jeez, now we'll NEVER find out what happens to Set Abominae. lol.

Top
 Profile  
Lane
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 11:54 am
Posts: 495
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:04 am 
 

I think Set Abominae's story could be completed in musical form indeed: Like Varg did, Jon might get a synthesizer to his cell, after a couple of years sitting in.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 3blinkA, acid_bukkake, Pitiless Wanderer, Simfers and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

  Print view
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group