Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
From_Wisdom_To_Mabt
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:51 am 

wizard_of_bore wrote:
A quote from CNN. I thought it was interesting.

Quote:
Prosecutors agreed to a recommendation of between 3.5 and 4.5 years in prison, depending on Schaffer's continued cooperation in prosecuting other rioters

Not only is he a dumbass, domestic terrorist piece of shit, he's also a self-serving coward. He never believed in shit.

~Guest 923966
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:54 am 

From_Wisdom_To_Mabt wrote:
Not only is he a dumbass, domestic terrorist piece of shit, he's also a self-serving coward. He never believed in shit.

He believed until he was punished for it.

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:41 am 

Jon's always been someone who only looks out for himself, and this is perfectly in character for him.

Smalley
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:23 pm 

Lane wrote:
I think Set Abominae's story could be completed in musical form indeed: Like Varg did, Jon might get a synthesizer to his cell, after a couple of years sitting in.
That might actually be a step up for them, based off the last decade and a half of Iced Earth records, haha.

ThStealthK wrote:
Thank god you're not a music teacher, the wisest decision you've ever made in your life.

Chaosmonger
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:07 pm 

he can release his own Daddy's Balder

Reid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:02 pm 

From_Wisdom_To_Mabt wrote:
wizard_of_bore wrote:
A quote from CNN. I thought it was interesting.

Quote:
Prosecutors agreed to a recommendation of between 3.5 and 4.5 years in prison, depending on Schaffer's continued cooperation in prosecuting other rioters

Pure conjecture, but this mentality is probably pretty common among right-wing types: when your only animating belief is that "rights = the ability for you specifically to do whatever you want and not be inconvenienced," of fucking course you're going to be willing to throw everyone including your grandma under the bus. The big names like Trump, Ted Cruz, Hawley, et cetera are perfect examples of this. If your "beliefs" are only a means to make yourself feel good and unencumbered by any obligation to someone other than yourself, then you'll do whatever it takes to get back to that position. None of this is surprising, really.

It's still hilarious that Schaffer had a life most people (especially metal fans) could only dream of-- headlining slots at huge European fests, a pretty healthy amount of albums sold, renown as a rhythm guitarist-- and he throws it all away to defend the honor of fucking Donald Trump. Incredibly bleak. Sad!

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:38 pm 

In relation to the very brief discussion of The Brainwashing of My Dad from the last page, the documentary is actually available for free on Pluto TV.

https://pluto.tv/on-demand/movies/the-b ... rce=google

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

From_Wisdom_To_Mabt
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:26 am 

Reid wrote:

Pure conjecture, but this mentality is probably pretty common among right-wing types: when your only animating belief is that "rights = the ability for you specifically to do whatever you want and not be inconvenienced," of fucking course you're going to be willing to throw everyone including your grandma under the bus. The big names like Trump, Ted Cruz, Hawley, et cetera are perfect examples of this. If your "beliefs" are only a means to make yourself feel good and unencumbered by any obligation to someone other than yourself, then you'll do whatever it takes to get back to that position. None of this is surprising, really.

It's still hilarious that Schaffer had a life most people (especially metal fans) could only dream of-- headlining slots at huge European fests, a pretty healthy amount of albums sold, renown as a rhythm guitarist-- and he throws it all away to defend the honor of fucking Donald Trump. Incredibly bleak. Sad!

Hit the nail right on the head, brother.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:32 am 

he's been released.

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:49 pm 

aloof wrote:
he's been released.

Anything in the press regarding why he got released, or if he has a small shitty sentence like community service?
Imagine getting pounded on the side of the head with a rather average-sized brick approximately four times a second for a half-hour while a vacuum cleaner is turned to maximum volume in the background. That's Marduk for ya.

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

Space_alligator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:28 pm 

gestapothrash wrote:
aloof wrote:
he's been released.

Anything in the press regarding why he got released, or if he has a small shitty sentence like community service?

Plead guilty and done a 6ix 9ine and squeeled on his Oath Keeper brothers.

Deathstalker1985
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:04 am 

aloof wrote:
he's been released.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/watch ... itol-riot/

Unorthodox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:35 am 

Jon Schaffer is officially the Tekashi69 of metal

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:54 am 

Unorthodox wrote:

I didn't knew metal also had a "no snitching" rule.

FirebathDan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:47 am 

Slater922 wrote:
Unorthodox wrote:

Metal might not have a “no snitching” rule, but the fact that he did/is going to is a clear demonstration that this man is utterly weak in the very principles he preached with such fervent bravado.

If he believed he was right in is terroristic assault on the capital, that he truly was fighting against his perception of tyranny, then he would never admit to guilt and then further throw others under the bus, strictly for self preservation.
Obliteration

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:07 pm 

Slater922 wrote:
Unorthodox wrote:

I would imagine it’s more of a not breaking your oath deal just like Tekashi not snitching on a gang. The music element is tangential to the reference.

Kutulu
Tzeentchian Rubric Manipulator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:55 pm 

:lol: Jon Schaffer the big bad 'Oathkeeper' turned pussy ass rat.

At least if you're going to be a piece of shit who believes in utter nonsense live up to it and don't back down when the 'tyrannical' government is 'treading' on you.

:lol: This is one of the best stories of a semi famous metal musician I have ever heard.

I almost feel as dumb as he is for buying the few Iced Earth albums I have. Alive in Athens is still one of the best live albums ever produced, it's a shame I'll never be able to listen to it again without thinking about this retard.

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:54 pm 

He's a bitch who sold out his own kind to save his own ass from the tyrannical government he railed against, can't wait to see the mental gymnastics his remaining defenders will perform to rationalize or justify continuing to support him.

Space_alligator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:14 am 

Slater922 wrote:
Unorthodox wrote:

It doesn't, but being part of a group called "oath keepers" suggests that there would be an "Omertà" amongst its core beliefs.

He'd be ostracized from the others in the group I'd imagine.

Unorthodox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:20 am 

Could've been a whole lot worse, honestly in retrospect only a few security guards held the line to make sure it didn't.

Oblarg
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:41 am 

Is it any surprise that this true-blooded American patriot is actually just a pathetic snitch?

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:30 am 

Space_alligator wrote:
Slater922 wrote:
Unorthodox wrote:

It doesn't, but being part of a group called "oath keepers" suggests that there would be an "Omertà" amongst its core beliefs.

He'd be ostracized from the others in the group I'd imagine.

Ostracized? More like actively hunted. I don't think many of them would take kindly to being snitched out by one of their own.

Kutulu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:20 am 

Frank Booth wrote:
Ostracized? More like actively hunted. I don't think many of them would take kindly to being snitched out by one of their own.

:lol: Like any of these cowards are going to 'hunt' him down. :lol:

They are cut from the same cloth as he is, they'll roll over just the same.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:33 am 

At the very least, Schaffer will be excommunicated by the cult and branded an Antifa thug trying to besmirch the good name of Trump supporters, exactly like the woman who was shot in the Capitol invasion was.

ChildClownOutlet
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:47 pm 

What? The lady who got shot was never besmirched or branded a thug from the right. It was the opposite. The left was the one going "she fucked around and found out" and all that crap.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:20 pm 

You sure about that? The second half of this article is all about the other side of the right’s reaction to her death, that half being that she was an Antifa spy who faked her death in order to make Trump supporters look bad. There’s even a screencap from Parler of Kimberly Trump saying that Ashli Babbitt “deserved what was coming for her.” They totally turned on her in order to keep their delusions alive and save themselves, which is what every right winger does when shit goes sideways.

https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article ... 861812.php

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:48 pm 

Subrick wrote:
You sure about that? The second half of this article is all about the other side of the right’s reaction to her death, that half being that she was an Antifa spy who faked her death in order to make Trump supporters look bad. There’s even a screencap from Parler of Kimberly Trump saying that Ashli Babbitt “deserved what was coming for her.” They totally turned on her in order to keep their delusions alive and save themselves, which is what every right winger does when shit goes sideways.

Spoiler: show

Is the right actually this stupid to think that she was an Antifa spy and that she "had it coming"?

:| Never mind. They're the ones who thought it would be a genius idea to raid a federal building.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:55 pm 

Yeah that was part of the "undercover Antifa stormed the Capitol" script pretty much the day after the insurrection attempt.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:27 pm 

God, you can't even make this shit up...

ChildClownOutlet
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:00 pm 

Subrick wrote:

Huh, well I guess it is a both sides are shitty scene, because from the last couple of months I've seen the left constantly shit on her talking about how she deserved it and all that jazz.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:34 am 

ChildClownOutlet wrote:
Subrick wrote:

Huh, well I guess it is a both sides are shitty scene, because from the last couple of months I've seen the left constantly shit on her talking about how she deserved it and all that jazz.

Yes, she tried to overthrow a government and people died in the assault but somehow the people who said "if you play with fire you get burnt" are just as bad.

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:36 am 

These people are simultaneously patriots who fought the good fight to defend glorious leader, but also vile Antifa who posed as MAGAts to besmirch the good name of the movement.

Also, I'll go on record and say she got what she fucking deserved. The mob was actively trying to violently overthrow the government. They were not peaceful protestors, they were literally looking for blood. Anyone who claims otherwise is whitewashing the events. Thank god those fucking terrorists were so stupid they chose not to wear masks to show just how MAGA they were.

Kutulu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:38 am 

ChildClownOutlet wrote:

She didn't?

Funny how the the right always talks about taking personal responsibility and the repercussions of your own actions but this is sadly a perfect example of that.

Smalley
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 4:00 am 

Totally True Memoirs of a Metal Producer: Iced Earth’s The Glorious Burden

I totally lost it at "Halfauxrd" :-D

ThStealthK wrote:
Thank god you're not a music teacher, the wisest decision you've ever made in your life.

AddWittyUsername
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 4:47 am 

Kutulu wrote:
ChildClownOutlet wrote:

She didn't?

Funny how the the right always talks about taking personal responsibility and the repercussions of your own actions but this is sadly a perfect example of that.

Dead people can't exactly take personal responsibility for anything, because that involves making actual amends and dealing with the repercussions of one's actions not just as far as they involve themselves but also in regards to the impact they have on other people. Which is pretty damn hard to do when you're dead.

That said, while I don't think her death is something to celebrate--deaths very rarely are--it absolutely is the direct result of her own choices and actions. Though no deaths at all would have been much preferable, when it comes down to the life of a domestic terrorist or her would-be victim(s), I know which death I'd mourn more. Whether that should be considered "deserving it"... guess it depends a lot on what definition of deserving you use.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 3:03 pm 

Smalley wrote:

Quote:
Attila the Hun was Hungarian

Uh, I hope this was a joke, and I'm slightly dismayed that I can't tell, because that's a bit of a thonker.

LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:44 pm 

I know everyone wants to dunk on Schaffer right now, and he completely deserves it, but that's satire clear as day.

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 6:32 pm 

lol, Jon's decision to rat out his buddies perfectly encapsulates all of these pseudo tough guy "patriot" movements with members who prattle on about (white) brotherhood. There is absolutely no loyalty within these movements. People who you think are your friends will snitch on you to the feds or to antifascist activists as soon as it begins to get a little hot under the collar. I doubt he'll learn his lesson, since he'll be getting off pretty easy compared to the people who he'll be ratting on. Not only is he a fascist, but a snitch too. Ouch!

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:33 pm 

Smalley wrote:

This is pure gold... obviously satire, but I almost can see this scenario playing out...

Smalley
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:39 am 

While I'm generally opposed to the American incarceration state, all I can say in response to this is, don't do the crime if ya can't do the time:

ThStealthK wrote:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 31  Next