* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:03 pm 

Lyrics video for Cauldron Born-Blood Bath in the Arena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxR29MWRul0

From the forthcoming Cauldron Born album, LEGACY OF ATLANTEAN KINGS. Release date July 16, 2021.

LEGACY OF ATLANTEAN KINGS
Featuring re-recorded tracks from the 2001 sessions with new vocalist, Matthew Knight, and new second guitarist, Alex Parra.

Crushing riffs and soaring vocals with lyrics inspired by sword-and-sorcery greats, Robert E. Howard, Henry Kuttner, Richard L. Tierney, and Karl Edward Wagner.

https://echoesofcromrecords.com/

MetlaNZ
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:11 pm 

Fuck yes! This rules! Matthew Knight sounds awesome on this track, and the rest of the band too. Can't wait to get the album!

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:15 pm 

MetlaNZ wrote:
Fuck yes! This rules! Matthew Knight sounds awesome on this track, and the rest of the band too. Can't wait to get the album!

MetlaNZ: I thought you might like it. Glad you do! Thanks for letting me know.

Howie

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:23 pm 

Truly awesome shit as expected. Both retro and timeless/fresh feeling... sometimes the stars line up and this happens just at the same time I was trying to find the original 01 album. Glad to hear it.

doomicus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:34 pm 

Yeah, this is killer as hell. So psyched to pick this up when it gets released. Mandatory listening for sure.

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:15 pm 

Thanks guys! There will be limited CD/ shirt bundles at echoesofcromrecords.com

The CDs will be on the Echoes Of Crom website and bandcamp by Friday, at the latest.

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:06 pm 

CDs and CD/ T-SHIRT bundles available here:

https://www.echoesofcromrecords.com/shop/

Sestren
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:58 pm 

I need more Cauldron Born in my life! So is this album have any new unheard tracks from 2001 or is this like a do over of And Rome Will Fall with new vocalist plus new guitarist?

jdmunyon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:55 am 

Sestren wrote:
I need more Cauldron Born in my life! So is this album have any new unheard tracks from 2001 or is this like a do over of And Rome Will Fall with new vocalist plus new guitarist?

I sure hope there are some new songs as well. A few rerecordings are fine, but entirely just rerecorded songs / a rerecorded album would be a bit of a letdown.

Floodland
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:21 am 

What a terrible Iron Maiden rip off...
The Ardbeg Wizard wrote: I'm not interested in doing a trade anymore. I saw your post history and all you do is complain and call everything nazi. I'm not a nazi or racist but it's annoying as shit. Don't bother to respond. I won't read it.

oldmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:05 am 

Sounds good but yeah, the vocal verses definitely resemble a certain Maiden song about Dune, lol.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:20 am 

Eh I don't really notice a lot of things like that. I look at the writing, performances, etc.

As for it being all re-workings of songs, I'm good for that too since you can't find the old version of the album anywhere. It's good.

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:21 pm 

Sestren wrote:

These are the songs that were originally released on ...AND ROME SHALL FALL. They've been re-recorded with new vocalist, Matthew Knight, and second guitarist, Alex Parra. There will also be an album with entirely new material released toward the end of the year. I already recorded the songs as rough demos for everyone to work with. We are all in different states.

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:27 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
Eh I don't really notice a lot of things like that. I look at the writing, performances, etc.

As for it being all re-workings of songs, I'm good for that too since you can't find the old version of the album anywhere. It's good.

Empyreal: Thanks,buddy!

Sestren
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:07 pm 

Cauldron_Born wrote:
Sestren wrote:

These are the songs that were originally released on ...AND ROME SHALL FALL. They've been re-recorded with new vocalist, Matthew Knight, and second guitarist, Alex Parra. There will also be an album with entirely new material released toward the end of the year. I already recorded the songs as rough demos for everyone to work with. We are all in different states.

Awesome. So something to tide us over till the new material. I'LL TAKE IT! ALL OF IT!

doomicus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:46 am 

For those that have said this is an Iron Maiden rip off, please do yourself a favor and listen to a full album (or the EP). There are many bands that play this style with similar themes, and it’s definitely rooted in tradition, but the song writing is absolutely adventurous and unique. Howie’s riffs and song crafting are immediately identifiable and I can’t think of another band that truly sounds like Cauldron Born or Briton Rites in any non-superficial way.

Jophelerx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:34 am 

Just finished listening to the full album, it's definitely nice to have a version of ...And Rome Shall Fall with a real production, that's for sure. I've always enjoyed the album, but those plastic drums get super annoying after awhile. I find the track listing interesting as well, I always thought the album dragged a bit in the middle and it definitely doesn't with this listing, I'm not sure yet if I find it better overall as I did always think "People of the Dark Circle" was a nice closer but it definitely freshens it up a bit for me having heard the original album so many times. I think for the most part Matt Knight sounds a bit better than David Louden, who seemed to have a bit of trouble enunciating in places, and the beefed up multi-tracking in some of the choruses is cool, but Matt Knight's high shrieks do sometimes sound kind of feminine and squeaky and can be a bit grating. Overall it's definitely an improvement for the production if nothing else, and I'm glad to have another take on it. Looking forward to hearing demos of the new material as soon as they're available. Great job Howie!

macmoney wrote:
Isn't there a little mindshadow in all of us? I like to think so.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:19 pm 

This was a shitload of fun. Matthew Knight is ridiculous and I mean that in the best way - it's heavy metal camp but done with a shitload of care and love for this genre, you can tell. Songwriting is more streamlined from Born of the Cauldron but is full of great meaty riffs and jam-packed structures. Excellent lead work and crazy ass lyricism.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:52 pm 

It's been a while since I've brushed up on the old Cauldron Born material but this is pretty righteous stuff!

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:43 pm 

Thanks guys! Packages shipped out today for everyone who pre-ordered from Echoes Of Crom.The album is now on bandcamp, as well.

https://cauldronborn1.bandcamp.com/albu ... tean-kings

doomicus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:44 pm 

Jophelerx wrote:
... Matt Knight's high shrieks do sometimes sound kind of feminine and squeaky and can be a bit grating. Overall it's definitely an improvement for the production if nothing else, and I'm glad to have another take on it. Looking forward to hearing demos of the new material as soon as they're available. Great job Howie!

I actually really love his highs. They sort of have that eerie King Diamond feel to them and I think it adds another dimension to these tracks.

Jophelerx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:00 am 

doomicus wrote:
Jophelerx wrote:
... Matt Knight's high shrieks do sometimes sound kind of feminine and squeaky and can be a bit grating. Overall it's definitely an improvement for the production if nothing else, and I'm glad to have another take on it. Looking forward to hearing demos of the new material as soon as they're available. Great job Howie!

I actually really love his highs. They sort of have that eerie King Diamond feel to them and I think it adds another dimension to these tracks.

Well, on the second listen they didn't bother me quite as much, so I could certainly see them growing on me, but they don't really compare to King Diamond for me in any respect. They do certainly add another element from the original recording, and are of course nowhere near the cringiness of something like recent David Defeis. I do have to say the album as a whole grows with each listen though, and I'd say I could see it settling about halfway between the original ...And Rome Shall Fall and Born of the Cauldron in terms of overall quality. Certainly 90+ for me

macmoney wrote:
Isn't there a little mindshadow in all of us? I like to think so.

SilverSpring2018
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:47 pm 

Any plans to release Legacy on tape like you did Born of the Cauldron?

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:11 pm 

Next to Pharaoh this might be album of the year for me so far. Which just means I can't wait for actual new songs that I'd feel better about putting on a year end list.

Matthew Knight's crazy highs are just the cherry on top of all this for me, wonderfully over the top.

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:39 pm 

SilverSpring2018 wrote:
Any plans to release Legacy on tape like you did Born of the Cauldron?

Yes, but still trying to sort that out. I will let you know soon. Thanks for bringing that up.

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:52 pm 

I am so backed up on orders that I've had little time to send tracking numbers. I will try to catch up on that this weekend. Thanks for your patience.

Howie

Lyrici17
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:19 pm 

Got my copy in the mail yesterday. Quality release! I'm excited to get more later in the year!

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:27 pm 

Lyrici17 wrote:
Got my copy in the mail yesterday. Quality release! I'm excited to get more later in the year!

Thanks for letting me know.

There are shirts on bandcamp now and two copies of my book left.

https://cauldronborn1.bandcamp.com/merch

Sestren
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:36 pm 

Fantastic reboot of ARSF. Matthew is a good fit for sure but man do I miss Danny from the first album. Whatever happened to the guy? I always wonder this. His vocals were the stuff of legend.

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:52 pm 

Sestren wrote:
Fantastic reboot of ARSF. Matthew is a good fit for sure but man do I miss Danny from the first album. Whatever happened to the guy? I always wonder this. His vocals were the stuff of legend.

Thanks! I am glad you like Matt's voice because I plan recording more albums with him. I don't keep up with past singers. There is always a reason they are no longer there.

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:55 pm 

I have some miniatures of the Cauldron Born mascot, Thorn. The figures require assembly and aren't painted. If you are interested, shoot me a direct message. Thanks!

Speed Metal Terror
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:42 pm 

I like this version considerably more than the original.
The primary reason is the drums don't sound aggravatingly plastic and so forward in the mix.
I am unfamiliar with the vocalist, but he sounds pretty comfortable singing this type of material.

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:54 pm 

Speed Metal Terror wrote:
I like this version considerably more than the original.
The primary reason is the drums don't sound aggravatingly plastic and so forward in the mix.
I am unfamiliar with the vocalist, but he sounds pretty comfortable singing this type of material.

That is Matthew Knight singing. He has his own band where he sings and plays guitar. His other band is called Eternal Winter. Matt and I have been friends for a long time. We even collaborated on a sword-and-sorcery novel along with Byron Roberts ( Bal-Sagoth)called KARNOV: PHANTOM-CLAD RIDER OF THE COSMIC ICE.

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:57 pm 

https://www.amazon.com/Karnov-Phantom-C ... nov&sr=8-2

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:41 pm 

Cauldron Born vinyl editions coming soon from Cult Metal Classics.

https://www.sonicagerecords.com/_shop/i ... post_id=21

doomicus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:46 pm 

Great news! And a fantastic label to do Cauldron Born vinyl justice. Definitely going to try and nab all three of these.

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:32 am 

doomicus wrote:
Great news! And a fantastic label to do Cauldron Born vinyl justice. Definitely going to try and nab all three of these.

Doomicus, I will have some copies of each. Are you in the US?

doomicus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:19 pm 

Cauldron_Born wrote:
doomicus wrote:

Doomicus, I will have some copies of each. Are you in the US?

That I am, and that's great to hear.

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:08 pm 

The title of the next Cauldron Born album is taken from the novel I am currently working on. The novel features my character, Argantyr, who is a barbarian swordsman who transforms into a werewolf. Some of you may have already read my Argantyr stories in the SWORDS OF STEEL volumes, or my collection THE SNAKE-MAN'S BANE.

The reason I am mentioning this is I am planning on doing a crowdfunding campaign for the album and I was thinking of offering the novel as one of the perks. Are any of you interested in the book, or do you just want the album?

Howie

Cauldron_Born
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:24 pm 

Matt and I talk about the new album on the Monsters,Madness, and Magic podcast from a few days ago.

https://youtu.be/5pUr7KEkUtM

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next