Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
pressingtoplead13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:36 pm 

Who's looking forward to their new album Absolvere? I know they are a deathcore band but they clearly have alot of metal influence and being affiliated with Unique Leader Records i'm kinda surprised their isnt much mention of them here. The 2 new songs sound great, all of their albums have been great. The first album Senseless Order has a really rough production and the vocals drown the music out a bit but the song "Mouth Sewn Prophets" is one of my personal favorites of theirs.

I was worried when CJ left that they wouldnt be able to replace him but Dave is an absolute monster and IMO is every bit as good as CJ.

Here is the newest song they just released Monday. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVPU2yhmd7k

pressingtoplead13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:39 pm 

Really? No one has an opinion on them either way?

pressingtoplead13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:03 pm 

The latest single has dropped. I realize death metal isnt held in high regards around here but i'm shocked that no one here enjoys this band, the new song is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDiIwtJqfO8

LycanthropeMoon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:26 pm 

I can assure you that death metal is most certainly held in high regard on this forum.
Deathcore isn't.

Not hating on the genre, just stating facts about the forum. I'm admittedly pickier with it than both death metal and hardcore, but there are some bands in the genre I like... and yeah, this is one of them. "The Disfigurement of Existence" is especially good, though I like their other two albums as well. They know how to create a dark atmosphere, much like Thy Art is Murder (another band in the genre I tend to enjoy). I'll probably check out "Absolvre".

Also, I hope their lineup finally stabilizes because it's been a bit of a rollercoaster on that front.

Endarkening
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:53 pm 

Hi! HUGE death metal fan here. I clicked the link you posted. I only made it 2 minutes in. It was, for lack of a better word, awful. That's just my opinion.

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:03 pm 

There are some deathcore bands that are good. Unfortunately, this is not one of them.

pressingtoplead13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:32 pm 

I meant deathcore, must have typed death metal by accident. I’ve been around long enough to know the difference, bad typing, my mistake.

Auselesspileofflesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:05 pm 

I think SOTS are one the better deathcore bands happening at the moment. I find Slaughter to Prevail, Lorna Shore, Chelsea Grin etc to be extremely overrated.
I especially dig "The Disfigurement of Existence" and "Vital Deprivation". I need to listen to the new album singles again, only one fell flat for me going off my first reaction.

Auselesspileofflesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:16 pm 

I will say, "Absolvere" cover art is shithouse.

pressingtoplead13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:40 pm 

I thoroughly enjoyed the new album, but I enjoy all of their albums so maybe I’m biased. I saw them live a few weeks back and they put on an awesome show, their singer Dave has a pretty monsterous stage presence. They also were really cool guys, got to hang with them for close to an hour. I highly recommend them, atleast a listen.

Auselesspileofflesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:21 pm 

That's good to hear, it sucks to see them be plagued by lineup issues especially with members being accused of DV and/or rape.

pressingtoplead13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:31 pm 

Agreed. I’m not sure what all was true and false about the former members and I suppose you never know who people are behind closed doors. However they were absolute class acts, very fun, humble cool guys to be around. Made me feel like one of the guys not just some fan who was at there show. Plus they owned the stage, some artists sound great but just don’t have much stage presence they were very entertaining.

Reply to topic