Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:45 pm 

Kalaratri wrote:
Faceless Burial are releasing a new record, At the Foothills of Deliration, on October 7 through Dark Descent and Me Saco Un Ojo. They've already released the first single which slays as expected.

https://mesacounojo.bandcamp.com/album/at-the-foothills-of-deliration

This is great. Incredibly silly logo though.

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:25 pm 

New Mortuous due out next month, titled Upon Desolation

https://carbonizedrecords.bandcamp.com/ ... desolation

Single sounds good too.

Also the debut album from Tribal Gaze is due out next month as well. I liked last year's EP well enough.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:53 am 

Well this was unexpected, and I'm not sure I'm totally enthusiastic, more curious at the moment. Seems Toby Knapp has put together a new Onward album, this time featuring the vocalist from Attika, who I'd only been familiar with by name. It comes out in October; there don't seem to be samples anywhere yet. It'll be on Moribund.

There's info on Knapp's FB.
https://www.facebook.com/TOBYKNAPP13

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:05 pm 

Another cool Gaerea single. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJC2CM4Z7Oo

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:35 pm 

DeathfareDevil wrote:
Well this was unexpected, and I'm not sure I'm totally enthusiastic, more curious at the moment. Seems Toby Knapp has put together a new Onward album, this time featuring the vocalist from Attika, who I'd only been familiar with by name. It comes out in October; there don't seem to be samples anywhere yet. It'll be on Moribund.

I'm very curious myself as well. The artwork has a bit of a new aesthetic and being on Moribund makes me think there's some kind of stylistic shift here. I doubt they'd sign a straight-up 2000's Century Media-style power metal band.

HighwayCorsair
Knows a guy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:06 am 

Looking forward to the new Onward. I doubt it's going to be amazing but I'd love to be surprised, and this year has been sort of rough for good heavy metal.

Re- Moribund- who knows? They had a sublabel for a while that was releasing instrumental shred, hard rock, etc. Maybe Odin gave up on it and shifted everything to the main label. I trade with him every now and again label to label and he's been no less interested in heavy metal I released than anything else.
Owner Nameless Grave Records.

FirebathDan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:51 pm 

FirebathDan wrote:
I’m near certain I said this in 2020 for this 2021, but my most anticipated album for 2022 remains the debut album from The Otolith (4/5 ex-SubRosa). Was very disappointed this album did not materialize in 2021.

Still am anticipating this one.

The first song “Sing No Coda” was just released and the album Folium Limina releases on 10/21. Song absolutely crushes. Scratches that itch for that wholly unique SubRosa sound.

https://bluesfuneralrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/folium-limina
Obliteration

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:05 pm 

Ancient Death (ex-Garroted) drops their debut album tomorrow. I love some good cosmic death metal, and this style has blown up in the underground in recent years thanks to bands like Blood Incantation, so this should be another sick release in this vein.

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:53 pm 

HighwayCorsair wrote:
Looking forward to the new Onward. I doubt it's going to be amazing but I'd love to be surprised, and this year has been sort of rough for good heavy metal.

Re- Moribund- who knows? They had a sublabel for a while that was releasing instrumental shred, hard rock, etc. Maybe Odin gave up on it and shifted everything to the main label. I trade with him every now and again label to label and he's been no less interested in heavy metal I released than anything else.

It's not the same as the Grant era Onward. I reviewed over at Metal-Rules. Toby Knapp gave me a promo prior to the Moribund deal.

That said, got a promo of the new Riot City and this album smoke!!

Like your reviews?

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:53 pm 

New Imprecation titled In Nomine Diaboli was announced yesterday, set for release on October 14th.

https://darkdescentrecords.bandcamp.com ... ne-diaboli

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:39 am 

Looks like we're getting a new Dream Unending album announcement pretty soon...

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:53 pm 

Can't wait. I just dislike it when bands share a sample of a track that's not revealing much at all.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:21 am 

Another Worm Teaser. The black metal parts sound a bit 'ehh' to me, but otherwise it's cool.

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:45 pm 

I got a promo of the new Timor et Tremor opus Realm of Ashes. They are one of metal's best kept secret and one of the best pagan black metal bands around.

Like your reviews?

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:44 pm 

Aftermath, the same one who released that glorious clusterfuck "There Is Something Wrong" three years ago, are putting out a song from their new album at the end of the month. I would normally never do this, but that's gonna be a monumental carcrash on the way, and I am here for allllllllllllllllll of it.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

therealvivs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:21 pm 

mjollnir wrote:
I got a promo of the new Timor et Tremor opus Realm of Ashes. They are one of metal's best kept secret and one of the best pagan black metal bands around.

Killer band. Underrated indeed. Didn't know they had one in the works, thanks for sharing! New tune sounds great.

thewrll
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:06 am 

Just discovered them but highly anticipating the second album of 2022 from Order of Nosferat Vampiric Wrath Unleashed https://orderofnosferat.bandcamp.com/al ... -unleashed

Gornot
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:37 am 

I can’t wait to hear Epica’s new “mini-album” as they call it in November. I swear, when it comes to symphonic metal, this is the most consistent band in terms of quality, engagement and enjoyable musical experience. Unlike some bands (Nightwish) that have withstood the test of time, Epica tries and fights SO hard to give their fans something new and interesting time and time again. Attack on Titan covers, acoustic versions of songs, the absolutely mindblowing three-hour journey of “Retrospect” - for which they wrote a whole new song! It’s obvious Epica cares about milestones and their history as well as their mark upon the scene - something that pretty much no other band in the genre can claim.

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:19 pm 

Looks like Djevel are releasing a new, as of now untitled album in November. They're hands down the band doing the classic Norwegian style of black metal and I can't wait! They haven't released a bad album.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:05 pm 

https://hammersofmisfortune.bandcamp.co ... fanpub_fnb

New Hammers of Misfortune coming out, with Mike Scalzi guesting a few times. I'll check the preview song soon.

edit - interesting. Pretty chaotic sound but it's cool. Funhouse-y. The vocals are a little too buried in the mix for my taste. Kinda King Diamond-ish even.

thewrll
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:57 am 

New Karg just announced. The best post black metal band going. https://karg.bandcamp.com/album/resignation Can't wait, really can't wait.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:47 am 

There's a new Misthyrming album in December.

LilTito
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:17 am 

Gravetemplar wrote:
There's a new Misthyrming album in December.

Now we're talking

Jebator
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:12 pm 

the new The Antichrist Imperium - released yesterday, haven't heard it yet
the new Disillusion, out in November

hell yeah!

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:02 pm 

Was not aware of this supergroup Tiwanaku which consists of ex Nocturnus, Acheron, Death members. The new album coming out this year called Earth Base One and the first track really has major Nocturnus vibes.

https://avantgardemusic.bandcamp.com/album/earth-base-one

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:40 pm 

DeathfareDevil wrote:

So there's a sample song from a few weeks ago

There are some similarities at times to old Onward but I am not digging the new vocals too much. I will still give it a listen when it's released but I'm not sure this will be for me.

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:34 am 

First track from the debut Jade album is out https://pulverised.bandcamp.com/album/t ... n-of-death

Sounds really cool and a continuation from their excellent first demo/EP. Very Bolzer-esque atmospheric death metal

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:51 am 

I Am the Law wrote:
So there's a sample song from a few weeks ago

There are some similarities at times to old Onward but I am not digging the new vocals too much. I will still give it a listen when it's released but I'm not sure this will be for me.

I feel like I'd like that vocalist in a different context; he doesn't fit with that music at all, and in some cases sounds like he's singing something totally unrelated to the actual music behind him -- and I did like some of the Attika I checked out, as well as his delivery in this song. I'd say it could grow on me but hoo boy that production. Having not heard any Onward after Reawaken but having read the reviews that mention the terrible production first and foremost, I guess I should have been expecting it. Not great! But if my complaints are 1) I like this singer but not with this music, and 2) I like this music but not with this production, I won't totally give up on it.

cultofkraken wrote:
Was not aware of this supergroup Tiwanaku which consists of ex Nocturnus, Acheron, Death members. The new album coming out this year called Earth Base One and the first track really has major Nocturnus vibes.

https://avantgardemusic.bandcamp.com/album/earth-base-one

Maybe I'm just in a weirdly picky mood. Got really excited when I saw "Emo Mowery" and "Nocturnus vibes" because I would love to hear a continuation of Ethereal Tomb's sort of laid back atmospheric melodeath that manages not to sound like the 99% of melodeath that bores me to tears. And this is just one track out of ten so I'm definitely keeping an ear out. But man, that music lacks all the idiosyncrasy of Ethereal Tomb (not that there was any promise made in that regard, just my personal nostalgia), and the vocals are more strained and angry than ET's "dark overlord grumbling in a starship cockpit" sort of approach. Ah well, like I said, picky picky, and I'm not tuning out.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:39 am 

Gorycz - Kamienie (November 4th)

Spoiler: show

Very excited for this one. Their last album back in 2018 was very cool. I like their brand of mid-paced, slightly atmospheric black metal. They rarely bring the speed but they make up for it with interesting songwriting. The songs they have released at the moment have confirmed that I will almost likely enjoy this one, too.

https://gorycz.bandcamp.com/

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:06 pm 

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/A ... ts/1086959

Completely insane band, they just never stop.

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:12 pm 

DeathfareDevil wrote:
I feel like I'd like that vocalist in a different context; he doesn't fit with that music at all, and in some cases sounds like he's singing something totally unrelated to the actual music behind him -- and I did like some of the Attika I checked out, as well as his delivery in this song. I'd say it could grow on me but hoo boy that production. Having not heard any Onward after Reawaken but having read the reviews that mention the terrible production first and foremost, I guess I should have been expecting it. Not great! But if my complaints are 1) I like this singer but not with this music, and 2) I like this music but not with this production, I won't totally give up on it.

So after listening to the whole thing twice I do think it's actually pretty good. The production is definitely weird and inconsistent though. Sometimes the vocals are buried in the mix and you can barely hear the singer at all (which may not necessarily be a bad thing). But the riffing is classic Onward and I do think, by and large, this one fits right in after The Neverending Sun. Still not a big fan of the new singer but I have heard way worse. It's not AOTY or anything but a solid comeback release, IMO.

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:57 pm 

matras wrote:
Looks like Djevel are releasing a new, as of now untitled album in November. They're hands down the band doing the classic Norwegian style of black metal and I can't wait! They haven't released a bad album.

I got a promo of the album and it's incredible.

Like your reviews?

LilTito
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:20 am 

I guess somebody has to do it....

New Thy Darkened Shade confirmed for January

therealvivs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:36 pm 

LilTito wrote:
I guess somebody has to do it....

New Thy Darkened Shade confirmed for January

This just made my day; I absolutely love this band.
The last album has some of the most adventurous, challenging and intricate guitar work in metal, period - let alone black metal.

Very excited for this and the advance track did not disappoint.

HighwayCorsair
Knows a guy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:46 pm 

I Am the Law wrote:
DeathfareDevil wrote:

So after listening to the whole thing twice I do think it's actually pretty good. The production is definitely weird and inconsistent though. Sometimes the vocals are buried in the mix and you can barely hear the singer at all (which may not necessarily be a bad thing). But the riffing is classic Onward and I do think, by and large, this one fits right in after The Neverending Sun. Still not a big fan of the new singer but I have heard way worse. It's not AOTY or anything but a solid comeback release, IMO.

listening to the new Onward finally right now and this is fucking awesome other than this awful, stupid mix. Tony is clearly terrified of people missing even a second of his shredding and it shows in the way it's produced haha
Owner Nameless Grave Records.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:27 pm 

I listened to that new Djevel album and I'm not a fan. Uber long songs with mostly mid tempos and a very melodic approach that lacks intensity. I got bored by the second song, sorry. Mare are much better imho.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:20 pm 

Gravetemplar wrote:
I listened to that new Djevel album and I'm not a fan. Uber long songs with mostly mid tempos and a very melodic approach that lacks intensity. I got bored by the second song, sorry. Mare are much better imho.

Mare is amazing but different. I do wish they'd follow up Ebony Tower, but since I like Djevel just as much I don't really care if that main dude focuses on the latter, who're much more prolific.

Steel_Jaw
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:03 pm 

Looking forward to the new Dodsengel record. The first song that was released from this album is amazing!

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:05 pm 

Trollcave - Rotted Remnants Dripping into the Void. I think the death/doom fans will like this one. Due out on the 30th.

https://trollcave-gurglinggore.bandcamp ... o-the-void

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10