Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:54 am 

The first single from Riot City's forthcoming sophomore album titled Electric Elite was released yesterday. No release date for the album yet.

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:41 am 

Sounds killer - some awesome Sanctuary vibes.

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:43 pm 

Black Viper posted a single titled Volcanic Lightning from their forthcoming EP Solitary Gates. No release date yet.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:49 pm 

The new Haunter album is out next Friday and they finally got around to releasing a full song. Based on this my expectations are high.

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:03 pm 

Kalaratri wrote:
The new Haunter album is out next Friday and they finally got around to releasing a full song. Based on this my expectations are high.

Based on this track I think I'll be preordering this album.

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:16 pm 

Yep, that Haunter track is so sick, heaps hyped for that one!

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:33 pm 

Yep my copy of that Haunter is in the mail. Their last LP was one of my favourites of the last decade.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:54 pm 

Looking forward to the debut from Pestilent Hex, Finnish symphonic/melodic black metal featuring members of Desolate Shrine, Convocation, Corpsessed, Ordinance etc. Out on July 8 through Debemur Morti.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 1:51 am 

Heaving Earth - Darkness of God (May 27)

New album from Heaving Earth sounded pretty good, judging from the 2 songs I've heard. Nice off-kilter death metal.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

praey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 2:12 am 

That's cool Heaving Earth have a new one coming out. Given that it's been seven years since their last one, I thought they might have turned into one of those bands that just fades away without ever formally breaking up. Their last record reminded me of a reimagining of Morbid Angel's Formulas album, which I guess makes sense given the band name.

In terms of other new stuff, I'd love to get a new Nifelheim this year. They posted they were recording a new one back in 2019, but maybe the pandemic delayed it. Dying Fetus also announced at their show last night that their new album has been recorded, but I doubt we'll see that before 2023.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 3:33 am 

praey wrote:
That's cool Heaving Earth have a new one coming out. Given that it's been seven years since their last one, I thought they might have turned into one of those bands that just fades away without ever formally breaking up. Their last record reminded me of a reimagining of Morbid Angel's Formulas album, which I guess makes sense given the band name.

I hadn't heard of them until these songs randomly popped up for me on YouTube. I'll check out their earlier work, since Formulas is one of my favourite Morbid Angel albums. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

In_Zane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 7:55 am 

I Am the Law wrote:
The first single from Riot City's forthcoming sophomore album titled Electric Elite was released yesterday. No release date for the album yet.

Oooh, I quite like Riot City - so I'm hyped for this!

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 1:59 am 

New Wake coming too. Devouring Ruin was fantastic back in 2020 so really hyped for this

https://wakegrind.bandcamp.com/album/th ... rm-descent

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 11:39 pm 

Dark Descent announced a spate of new releases that I'm looking forward to. There's a new EP from Berator coming out on June 10:

They're also co-releasing new records from Ataraxy and Chaotian with Me Saco Un Ojo:

https://darkdescentrecords.bandcamp.com/album/effigies-in-obsolescence

https://darkdescentrecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-last-mirror

worlock
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 2:53 pm 

New Ironflame coming in July.

FlemlokeV2
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 9:09 pm 

Pitiless Wanderer wrote:
Yeah, I am looking forward to that Corpsessed album. Last one was awesome.

I wasn't super impressed with it, myself.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 7:58 am 

Doldrum - The Knocking, or the Story of the Sound That Preceded Their Disappearance (May 27)

Only one song released thus far, but this sounds like some pretty cool black metal with some experimental touches. I'm interested to hear how the other tracks stack up.

https://doldrumbm.bandcamp.com/album/th ... appearance

ZarathustraHead wrote:

doomicus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 5:58 pm 

New Ares Kingdom is going to crush all. super psyched to hear it when it is dropped. This year at this rate will top last in regards to rad releases.

praey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 10:07 pm 

I hope the new Ares Kingdom hearkens back to the glory of Return to Dust and Incendiary. The Unburiable Dead lacked the quality songs of those two, and the more primitive direction of their last album really stripped away a lot of what made the band so interesting.

doomicus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 6:21 pm 

Disagree, their most recent is their best. Incendiary is their weakest (but still great).

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 8:11 pm 

First track from the new Altars album is now out, this thing is gonna slap

https://everlastingspewrecords.bandcamp ... reflection

MikeyC

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 8:23 pm 

ColdBecoming wrote:
First track from the new Altars album is now out, this thing is gonna slap

https://everlastingspewrecords.bandcamp ... reflection

Coincidentally I just heard it now. Definitely keen to hear some more of that.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 1:52 pm 

Insomnium posted photos of Markus Hirvonen recording drums at Sonic Pump Studios with Jaime Gomez Arellano, pretty sure we're getting a new record this fall/winter for sure.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 1:04 am 

Unspeakable Axe Records will release new music from Critical Defiance and Hellish. They already put out new singles from both bands:

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:44 pm 

Pumped for the new Pain of Salvation meant to drop later this year—Panther was another masterpiece, so I'm very keen to hear what Daniel Gildenlow has up his sleeve next. The new Megadeth I suppose I'm reasonably excited for. And Tankard are celebrating 40 years this year, with the new album (Pavlov's Dawg) set for September, and I'm sure that'll be a good time.

Well, I’m glad to see you for who you really are.

Rottir
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:48 pm 

Kalaratri wrote:
Insomnium posted photos of Markus Hirvonen recording drums at Sonic Pump Studios with Jaime Gomez Arellano, pretty sure we're getting a new record this fall/winter for sure.

Fuck yeah. I mean, they've evolved away from my tastes but I still listen to everything they do.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 1:46 pm 

Rottir wrote:
Kalaratri wrote:

Fuck yeah. I mean, they've evolved away from my tastes but I still listen to everything they do.

Supposedly the new material is going to be the complete opposite of the Argent Moon EP they released last year in terms of heaviness and it's also very black metal influenced (like some of Winter's Gate). Markus Vanhala just released a meloblack album last week with the debut of his new project I Am The Night so I'm sure he's up for writing more music in that vein.

overtenmy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 1:02 am 

Slugathor “Crypt of the Ancient Fire.” These guys broke up in 2009, so I figured that was the end. Desecresy has been a great way to continue the sound. Hopefully the new one is just as good!

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 10:38 pm 

There's been instagram stories showing Zhrine are in the studio recording a new album. Heaps keen for that, whether it ends up being this year or early next

Also Panzerfaust have announced new album, Part III of their Suns of Perdition series. Last one particularly was immense, stoked for this news

MikeyC

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 7:07 pm 

Warforged are coming out with a new album Grove | Sundial on September 9th. New song "Bliss Joined to the Bane" has been released. A bit of a different feel to their last album (which I absolutely loved) but still sounds pretty good to me.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 10:32 pm 

Profound Lore released singles from the new Hissing and Reeking Aura albums, the label is having one hell of a year. Also, for fans of avant-garde/dissonant extreme metal, Imperial Triumphant are going to release the first single from their to-be-announced album on Friday.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 2:52 am 

Kalaratri wrote:
Profound Lore released singles from the new Hissing and Reeking Aura albums, the label is having one hell of a year. Also, for fans of avant-garde/dissonant extreme metal, Imperial Triumphant are going to release the first single from their to-be-announced album on Friday.

Honestly having a hard time keeping up they keep releasing gem after gem after gem. Should be getting that Cosmic Putrefaction album in the mail any day now. Still have to order that Artificial Brain and Incandescence album.

King_of_Arnor
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 6:43 pm 

A recent update on the long awaited third Toxik album, Dis Morta: its release date is now 5th August on Massacre Records, and a tweet posted today revealed the track list: https://twitter.com/massacrerec/status/ ... 7744899073

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 8:15 pm 

So I know Coroner have been talking about recording a new album for what seems like forever (and we've been waiting forever judging by the previous comments in this thread), but it seems there's actually going to be something concrete released soon. I have no idea if it's even going to come out this year or if it's going to be a 2023 release, but they've actually been in the studio recording new songs:

Quote:
After a couple years of myriad setbacks and false starts, Coroner bassist and vocalist Ron "Royce" Broder and guitarist Tommy "T. Baron" Vetterli both offered Mark Kadzielawa of 69 Faces Of Rock an update on the band's first studio album since 1993's Grin, confirming that they have been in the studio as of late tracking their upcoming sixth studio album. Tentatively due for release later this year or next year, the record will be the very first Coroner album to feature drummer Diego Rapacchietti, who replaced Markus "Marquis Marky" Edelmann back in 2014.

When asked if there will ever be new music from Coroner, Tommy Vetterli replied: "Yes. I know we've promised that for years now...yeah, people already made jokes about it, I totally understand, but you know, sometimes life is difficult. But we've actually started the recording, we have started recording drums, six songs are recorded and two more songs are ready, but Ron's part is missing and then we have to write another one, and then we hit the studio and record it. And...we'll see what happens."

Ron Royce was then asked how he feels about the new material, to which he replied: "Yeah, great. It's fun...it's really funny to to play new songs and put it together and produce the thing. But it takes time because...our B side chops, you know, we have 100% chops even more and that's the reason why it takes so long."

Source: https://metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=46170

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 3:39 pm 

Fuck it'd be good to get new Coroner.

New Tad Morose, "March of the Obsequious" coming in August: https://www.facebook.com/gmrmusic/photo ... 407806196/

InsaneSniper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:27 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
New Tad Morose, "March of the Obsequious" coming in August: https://www.facebook.com/gmrmusic/photo ... 407806196/

Good to know it's gonna be a shorter one. Chapter X, as solid as it was, had absolutely no damn reason to be an hour long.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:45 pm 

Yeah the last one really did have an excessive length. Hoping this one has a similar level of quality though.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:47 am 

New Antigama album Whiteout coming July 15th, 7 years after their last album. No song yet but already looking forward to it.

https://www.facebook.com/Antigama

https://selfmadegod-store.com/antigama

Edit: Now there's a song.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

praey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:38 pm 

doomicus wrote:
Disagree, their most recent is their best. Incendiary is their weakest (but still great).

Different strokes and all that, but this opinion blows my mind. To me Incendiary is one of the best albums (if not THE best album) of the 2010s. Super well-constructed with great songs and memorable ideas all over the place. To me it calls to mind what would happen if a death metal band tried to write their own version of And Justice for All. Their most recent sounds like they aren't even trying in comparison. A bunch of relatively short tracks that just haphazardly jam riffs together or make weird songwriting choices (like opening a song with a strong riff and then never repeating it - see "Burn, Antares"), a muddy production job, and the most anticlimactic closing track of their career. I love Ares Kingdom, but By the Light of Their Destruction was a slump for them.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:02 am 

Hulder is releasing a new MLP on July 1, the first single was released this week.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next