Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:26 am 

Dark Millennium will release their fifth album early in 2022 via Massacre Records.

1. The Verger
2. Godforgotten
3. Threshold
4. Lunacy
5. Essence
6. Vessel
7. Death Comes in Waves

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:59 am 

Don't like that new song at all. I keep hoping for some return to the band's short-lived glory, but everything after the debut has been extremely disappointing to me.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:58 am 

Released today and available in full here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0OMu9uJu8A

Deathstalker1985
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:41 am 

This band is pretty awesome. Not sure why they don't get talked about more, they have all the ingredients of a band that should get more recognition. Only listened to the new album once so far, but I like what I heard.

Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:55 pm 

colin040 wrote:
Don't like that new song at all. I keep hoping for some return to the band's short-lived glory, but everything after the debut has been extremely disappointing to me.

Nailed.

After that stellar debut, their creativity dried out.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:01 pm 

Aldrahn333 wrote:
colin040 wrote:

Nailed.

After that stellar debut, their creativity dried out.

It's time to take my words back. :p I had decided to give this a proper spin today and to my surprise, it's actually quite decent. Obviously it doesn't touch the debut, but at least this still sounds like Dark Millennium, even if it's not as riff-centered and leans more towards the ''atmospheric'' side if that makes sense. Still, I recall Midnight in the Void sounding like an absolute disaster with horrible groove elements and I don't think I've even spend much time with the 2018 album.

~Guest 1454256
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:56 pm 

I've heard of this band forever, but never bothered to listen to them. I'm a bit surprised I never came across them back in the 90s (was heavily into stuff like this back then). At any rate, I played their new album and enjoyed it, so I'll have to pick it up one of these days and check out their back catalogue as well.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:04 am 

Deadened wrote:
I've heard of this band forever, but never bothered to listen to them. I'm a bit surprised I never came across them back in the 90s (was heavily into stuff like this back then). At any rate, I played their new album and enjoyed it, so I'll have to pick it up one of these days and check out their back catalogue as well.

Their debut is one of the best doom/death metal albums ever. Go hear it!

robotniq
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:28 am 

colin040 wrote:
Deadened wrote:

Their debut is one of the best doom/death metal albums ever. Go hear it!

Yeah the debut is awesome.
I also like the second album ("Diana Read Peace"), very creative album although different style.

The first demo ("The Apocryphal Wisdom") is amazing though... so crushing and heavy but with amazing musicianship.

Reply to topic