Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 7:29 pm 

Quote:
Fellowship has signed a multi-album deal with Scarlet Records.

Hailing from Harwich, England, Fellowship is a four-piece on a mission to take melodic power metal to new heights.

Having started making music together in late 2019, the band released a collection of songs in March of 2020 to widespread acclaim. With a range of backgrounds all the way from metal to musical theatre, they’ve taken the scene by storm, achieving hundreds of thousands of video views, almost as many streams and winning a few awards along the way.

Inspired by Rhapsody and Twilight Force in equal measure, along with Majestica, Sabaton and occasionally some anime theme songs, Fellowship’s music is designed to lift spirits and fire up the soul.

The Fellowship debut album is set to be released in July 2022 – metal has never felt so good!

Fellowship's 2020 EP was definitely one of the better power metal releases in recent years. This album features the same 3 songs, plus the single they released in 2021, and several new tracks. It doesn't look like they've released an actual single for this record yet, so I'll link their 2021 single below.

Despite the description, I find these guys have a different vibe from Twilight Force. I understand why they are compared to them, but this feels considerably less silly.

I've been listening to a promo copy, and the album is really good! The best songs were the ones from the EP, but this is still worth buying even if you already own that.

VaderCrush
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 9:24 pm 

that ep was super catchy megacheese so im looking forward to it

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 10:38 am 

Spiner202 wrote:
This album features the same 3 songs, plus the single they released in 2021

Seriously? I adore all those songs, but I absolutely hate it when bands do this. Especially on a debut full-length.

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 11:20 am 

narsilianshard wrote:
Spiner202 wrote:
This album features the same 3 songs, plus the single they released in 2021

Seriously? I adore all those songs, but I absolutely hate it when bands do this. Especially on a debut full-length.

It is strange given that the album has 12 songs. They easily could have cut those 3 tracks (or even 4) and still had a full-length album.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 2:15 pm 

Right? Smells like a bad contract. Considering Scarlet made them delete those songs from their Bandcamp, it seems like the label is taking full control of everything.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:59 pm 

Just heard the full thing a few hours early. It's fucking fantastic, and exactly what I wanted out of a Fellowship full-length. I really hope these guys get as big as they deserve, because they are one of the best things to happen to power metal in a long time.

And just to re-iterate my prior gripes, as someone who has listened to the EP at least a hundred times, the fact that 1/3 of this album is previously-released material is really annoying. I'm stoked for anyone discovering those songs this way, but I deleted those from my version of the album to not distract from the incredible new material.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:41 pm 

Can someone tell me why their page on MA does not at all acknowledge any "symphonics" whatsoever other than the genre tag and reviews? And the review I read made no mention of who is doing what symphonics. Like literally every single release of theirs has a full lineup posted to the release, as well as the overall band page current and past lineup, no where is there any keys or synths or programming or whatever listed anywhere.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:20 pm 

That just means they don't have a dedicated keyboard player and they don't feel the need to add the details of which member(s) recorded those parts to their liner notes. I'm sure that info will info will come out eventually, they probably just don't think it's that important to mention for whatever reason.

Sorta related, I see their bassist that played on the album is already out of the band? Anyone know what happened there?

By_Inheritance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:01 pm 

Loving the album. Can't wait for my vinyl to come although it kind of annoys me that there's like two less songs on it because of space. Why they didn't release it as two discs is beyond me but whatever.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:05 am 

That's weird. They clearly trimmed it down to save money and make it a single LP. Which is understandable, especially with all the manufacturing delays right now, but one of the tracks they removed is a new one. And LPs are typically 44 minutes max, and this is 51, which means they they had to decrease the audio quality for everything to fit.

VaderCrush
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:31 pm 

There's some kinda eh stuff on here, but the high points are really really fun songs. Atlas, Oak and Ash and Glint are big standouts

Reply to topic