Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Ivan Drago
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:16 am 

Symphony X at Bloodstock a few years ago, think they only played two non Underworld tracks. I'd waited years to see them because they never played my country and was hoping at a festival slot they'd break out more of the classics

HeavenDuff
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:36 am 

Ivan Drago wrote:
Symphony X at Bloodstock a few years ago, think they only played two non Underworld tracks. I'd waited years to see them because they never played my country and was hoping at a festival slot they'd break out more of the classics

Another weirdly common mistake/decision that older bands make. You're not touring for the release of your new record, you're on festival. Why the hell would you not pick more of your classic songs for your setlist?

lordcatfish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:07 pm 

On the subject of predictable setlists, I think Ozzy is one of the worst for this. I've never seen him (although I've had two different shows postponed numerous times; one eventually cancelled, one pending), but a good chunk of the setlist has probably been the same since he came back from retirement (maybe since before then). That's not to say he isn't capable of busting out a deeper cut now and then though (the Gus G era saw a few of these). It's frustrating that he sometimes loads the shows with Sabbath covers too, as he has a load of great solo songs to choose from.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:21 pm 

FLIPPITYFLOOP wrote:
Somewhat related - and I wonder if others are the same way - over the years I've discovered I STRONGLY prefer knowing the setlist in advance, including the encores. There have been way too many instances where I go to a show hoping to hear a certain song, the band doesn't play it and I'm left thinking "that was awesome, but...." and it kind of brings down my mood. There are some cases where you can't know what they'll play, such as when I saw The Ruins Of Beverast at Covenant fest in Montreal in 2018 - it was an exclusive appearance, so it's not like you can look at other shows on the tour and see what they've been playing. But when I saw Agalloch in 2014/15 (?) in Toronto for the last time, I found the setlist ahead of time and it was primarily The Serpent & The Sphere, aside from a few cuts from the other records. Not my ideal setlist, but this gave me time to ruminate and accept it and as a result, I didn't have any unmet expectations and instead just appreciated what I did see. Also, even though TS&TS isn't Agalloch's best record, those songs are FANTASTIC on stage.

I also prefer knowing the setlist in advance unless it's a band whose songs I know inside and out. A lot of it is tempering my expectations but there are also a lot of bands whose live mix makes it hard to tell when a song ends or what they're actually playing.

peterott
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:33 pm 

Seeing Grave on their Soulless tour was amazing. They peaked live there with a cool mix of the first two records and the little more complex and little less brutal Soulless record. This was the Samael/Grave/Massacra tour in September 1994 with Therion as special unannounced opening act (at least in Stuttgart/Germany)

Then they came back as headliner in 1996 on their Hating Life tour, and it was embarrassing with a setlist mostly consisting of Hating Life tracks only. Would need to check my old concert tickets, but there were several bands on that tour and half the audience was gone before Grave even have started playing as the headliner. And only a handful of people stayed until the end with no one shouting for a "one more song". Heartbreaking seeing one of my favourite bands ending a concert like this :(
EDIT: should have been an Asphyx/Grave tour, but due to an accident of Theo, it became a Krabathor/Brutality/Grave tour - but again, would need to check my old tickets.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:32 pm 

HeavenDuff wrote:
pyratebastard wrote:
I finally got the chance to see Morbid Angel in 2019. I love both the Tucker and Vincent eras, and on this tour all they did was Tucker era stuff. I understood, and it was a great show, but it was a bummer finally seeing Morbid Angel and not getting to hear anything off of Altars or Covenant, my two favorite albums.

As much as I love Morbid Angel, these kind of posts (it's not the first time I read stuff like that) convinces me that I don't want to see Morbid Angel live. Not only is Vincent era MA obviously way better then Tucker era MA, but I find it to be quite petty to avoid playing material written and/or recorded by the other guy. It's also quite disrespectful of the fans. Worst of all, it shows that the band has a great lack of understanding of where they stand in the history of metal. Their material with Vincent is (almost) literally the ABCD of Morbid Angel. How dumb is it not to play that material when you tour.

Kinda funny that people here are making goofy assumptions like this. The second time I saw Morbid Angel, it was just after Tucker rejoined so I was expecting (I might have actually been announced) and excited for a set full of nothing but Formulas and Gateways songs.

Fast-forward a year later and they're on tour again in support for Kingdoms Disdained and along with the expected new album material they also brought back Covenant and Blessed Are the Sick material and filled in the gaps with "Blasphemy of the Holy Ghost" and some Formulas songs.

Struggling to see how they're snubbing fans.

HeavenDuff
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:24 pm 

Wilytank wrote:
HeavenDuff wrote:
pyratebastard wrote:
I finally got the chance to see Morbid Angel in 2019. I love both the Tucker and Vincent eras, and on this tour all they did was Tucker era stuff. I understood, and it was a great show, but it was a bummer finally seeing Morbid Angel and not getting to hear anything off of Altars or Covenant, my two favorite albums.

As much as I love Morbid Angel, these kind of posts (it's not the first time I read stuff like that) convinces me that I don't want to see Morbid Angel live. Not only is Vincent era MA obviously way better then Tucker era MA, but I find it to be quite petty to avoid playing material written and/or recorded by the other guy. It's also quite disrespectful of the fans. Worst of all, it shows that the band has a great lack of understanding of where they stand in the history of metal. Their material with Vincent is (almost) literally the ABCD of Morbid Angel. How dumb is it not to play that material when you tour.

Kinda funny that people here are making goofy assumptions like this. The second time I saw Morbid Angel, it was just after Tucker rejoined so I was expecting (I might have actually been announced) and excited for a set full of nothing but Formulas and Gateways songs.

Fast-forward a year later and they're on tour again in support for Kingdoms Disdained and along with the expected new album material they also brought back Covenant and Blessed Are the Sick material and filled in the gaps with "Blasphemy of the Holy Ghost" and some Formulas songs.

Well, I've not memorized all their setlists from the last few decades, sorry. This was not the first time I heard of Morbid Angel only playing part of their catalog to fit with whoever between Tucker and Vincent was in the band at that time.

If they actually play their entire catalog now, then I'm happy to be told I was wrong. Still. It must have sucked for everybody who went to see MA, expecting at least some of their early material to be played, but not getting it.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:53 pm 

Megadeth has been playing the same 20ish songs for like, over 2 decades now. (save for some shows where they did full album sets).

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:53 pm 

Probably Boris. Half the songs they played were awful j-pop.

Benedict Donald
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:46 pm 

jimbies wrote:
Megadeth has been playing the same 20ish songs for like, over 2 decades now. (save for some shows where they did full album sets).

Indeed.
Saw them last September and it was dull/predictable and lacking in energy.

HeavenDuff
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:14 pm 

Gravetemplar wrote:

I only saw them for their Pink 10th Anniversary tour where they played Pink in it's entirety, so that was obviously an amazing set. But I've always wondered myself how Boris balances their setlists to make them somewhat coherent for a live show. I'm surprised that they actually include their more pop oriented music alongside their stoner rock/metal, doom, post-metal and sludge material. It has to be weird indeed.

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:25 pm 

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
FLIPPITYFLOOP wrote:
Somewhat related - and I wonder if others are the same way - over the years I've discovered I STRONGLY prefer knowing the setlist in advance, including the encores. There have been way too many instances where I go to a show hoping to hear a certain song, the band doesn't play it and I'm left thinking "that was awesome, but...." and it kind of brings down my mood. There are some cases where you can't know what they'll play, such as when I saw The Ruins Of Beverast at Covenant fest in Montreal in 2018 - it was an exclusive appearance, so it's not like you can look at other shows on the tour and see what they've been playing. But when I saw Agalloch in 2014/15 (?) in Toronto for the last time, I found the setlist ahead of time and it was primarily The Serpent & The Sphere, aside from a few cuts from the other records. Not my ideal setlist, but this gave me time to ruminate and accept it and as a result, I didn't have any unmet expectations and instead just appreciated what I did see. Also, even though TS&TS isn't Agalloch's best record, those songs are FANTASTIC on stage.

I also prefer knowing the setlist in advance unless it's a band whose songs I know inside and out. A lot of it is tempering my expectations but there are also a lot of bands whose live mix makes it hard to tell when a song ends or what they're actually playing.

Oddly enough, I had that sort of experience with both The Ruins Of Beverast and the first time I saw Agalloch. With TROB, they opened with 50 Forts Along The Rhine and it took about a third or half the song for the sound guy to adjust the levels so that the instruments cut through and it didn't mud together. After that they sounded great, though this makes me wonder if perhaps that's why most of Rain Upon The Impure hasn't been performed live - the murkiness of the album production shouldn't matter for a live setting, but perhaps the ways the instruments are layered makes it tough for those songs to translate to the stage. I'd LOVE to hear Soliloquy, or Soil Of The Incestuous....or fucking, the entire album front to back LOL.

As for Agalloch, the first time I saw them they opened with Limbs. It was in Toronto at the Opera House (anyone who's been there should know how shit the sound is), and half the song was super bass heavy in the beginning before the sound guy got his thumb out of his ass and realized all we could hear was BOOV BOOV BOOV BOOV. After that, they sounded amazing.

DeadKid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:44 pm 

I had no issues with either Boris or Ozzy when I saw them. Boris kinda segued through 4 different styles including a pop segment and it made for one of the most masterful and unique setlists I've ever witnessed. My fav Ozzy song is I Don't Wanna Stop so I was ecstatic when he played that, and at the time I thought it might be my only chance to see him perform Sabbath songs.

I dunno if I really get frustrated, but I've seen some silly choices. Faith No More noodling around with covering Crowded House 3 times in their encores was a buzzkill.

I also saw what was billed as the 2008 reunion of 80s New Zealand band Stonehenge - I get that it's been a long time, so I don't mind that it was very different personnel mostly playing covers and a bit of a stretch to call it the same band. But it's almost nonsensical that they couldn't play one single song from the EP. The older original song they did play was utterly fucking awesome so it's frustrating that no studio version of that was ever released.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:15 am 

jimbies wrote:

I think the problem with most classic bands is that people just expect them to play all the classics. I wish more old bands would play a handful of classics, peppered with a few deep cuts rather than maybe MAYBE one deep cut.

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:30 am 

I recently saw Insomnium twice in Finland, where they played about 12 songs each night including the Argent Moon EP in its entirety. It's a great EP but the band has soooooo many better songs in their back catalogue, so I was kinda bumed even though it was great just to be at a concert again a fter Covid.

jose_G
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:55 am 

Paul di´anno in chile 2012... AWFUL the wost show i ever seen
megadeth 2010 in chile... rust in peace anniversary tour, sounds problems...

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:32 pm 

I saw some footage of Di'Anno on youtube and man, it was a sad joke...the dude looks like some fat, bald guy who retired from being a club bouncer years ago, and his singing is almost a parody of "bad singing." Some people, sadly, need to know when to quit. I mean, props to him for still doing what he loves doing, I guess?

d33gz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:44 pm 

Wilytank wrote:

Well... I've seen Morbid Angel twice. The first time was with David Vincent fronting and the set was Covenant in its entirety PLUS one song off every other album. Best show I've ever been to.

Few years later I saw them with Tucker. Worst show I've ever been to. Dude was extremely angry, yelling off mic at random people, berating the sound crew, calling the crowd pussies because there was no pit, and complaining about weed ruining the gig. It was in Denver. But that would all have been fine had the setlist not sucked. It was basically just Kingdoms Disdained with 2 or 3 other tracks thrown in, no Vincent era stuff at all.

Lagartija
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:00 am 

I've been a huge The Exploited fan for years and have seen them live five or six times... always with exactly the same setlist. Ok, so the songs they play are great, but come on, isn't it about time for a change?
I lost hope for the alleged 'new album' a long time ago, the last one came out in fucking 2003 and when I asked the band about it at a gig I was told the music has been ready for ages and it's just missing the lyrics.
This from a band with songs such as 'Sex and violence', 'You're a fucking bastard', 'Noize annoys'...

Oh, and fucking Gamma Ray several years ago was a terrible joke. Having been a big fan of theirs since my early teens and having witnessed two amazing shows in the past, last time I saw them there was another guy singing and they dicked around with their entire set, doing meddleys instead of full songs and fucking reggae jams. I left halfway through.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:37 am 

Oxenkiller wrote:
I saw some footage of Di'Anno on youtube and man, it was a sad joke...the dude looks like some fat, bald guy who retired from being a club bouncer years ago, and his singing is almost a parody of "bad singing." Some people, sadly, need to know when to quit. I mean, props to him for still doing what he loves doing, I guess?

Considering how much of his setlist is still just Iron Maiden songs with the occasional solo song or Children of Madness hiding in there, I find myself questioning if he's still doing what he loves or doing what he feels obligated to do. At least Blaze's solo sets are mostly his own songs with the Maiden renditions being more supplementary.

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:29 pm 

Lagartija wrote:
I've been a huge The Exploited fan for years and have seen them live five or six times... always with exactly the same setlist. Ok, so the songs they play are great, but come on, isn't it about time for a change?
I lost hope for the alleged 'new album' a long time ago, the last one came out in fucking 2003 and when I asked the band about it at a gig I was told the music has been ready for ages and it's just missing the lyrics.
This from a band with songs such as 'Sex and violence', 'You're a fucking bastard', 'Noize annoys'...

Oh, and fucking Gamma Ray several years ago was a terrible joke. Having been a big fan of theirs since my early teens and having witnessed two amazing shows in the past, last time I saw them there was another guy singing and they dicked around with their entire set, doing meddleys instead of full songs and fucking reggae jams. I left halfway through.

I saw Gamma Ray in 2019, and although their set was extremely short (because they were on a festival), Kai seemed like he was doing the majority of the singing, to the point where I didn't understand why Frank was in the band. Maybe they've changed it up over the years with him? Or more likely is that I was just so excited to see Gamma Ray that I didn't notice who was doing what :lol:

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:48 pm 

I once saw Opeth and Katatonia together. Not only did they both play their weakest material, both bands being there meant they had all the Bloodbath members and could have performed some Bloodbath songs, but didn't. I later heard they did a few Bloodbath encores, but only for a few other nights of the tour.

Lagartija
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:58 am 

Spiner202 wrote:
I saw Gamma Ray in 2019, and although their set was extremely short (because they were on a festival), Kai seemed like he was doing the majority of the singing, to the point where I didn't understand why Frank was in the band. Maybe they've changed it up over the years with him? Or more likely is that I was just so excited to see Gamma Ray that I didn't notice who was doing what :lol:

Oh the show I'm talking about was longer ago than that. I can't say for sure, but at least seven years ago.

LordOfTheGallows
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:58 pm 

Opeth on the Heritage tour was hands down the most disappointing setlist I've seen a band play. As cool as it was to see The Face of Melinda live, that couldn't make up for the 5(!) songs from Heritage (I wasn't a fan of it then and, even though it's grown on me over the years, I still think it's their worst release) and the absolute butchering of the solo section in A Fair Judgment. The solos in that song are probably my favourite across Opeth's discography and Akesson played some bullshit shred thing for Peter's part and it just killed my enjoyment. Just completely disappointing, a complete 180 from how I felt the last time I had seen them.

pyratebastard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:09 pm 

HeavenDuff wrote:
Well, I've not memorized all their setlists from the last few decades, sorry. This was not the first time I heard of Morbid Angel only playing part of their catalog to fit with whoever between Tucker and Vincent was in the band at that time.

If they actually play their entire catalog now, then I'm happy to be told I was wrong. Still. It must have sucked for everybody who went to see MA, expecting at least some of their early material to be played, but not getting it.

The 2019 show that I witnessed was the first and only tour they ever did that focused on purely Tucker-era songs. When Vincent rejoined the band after Tucker, it's true that he refused to play any of the Tucker songs, thanks to his own massive ego. For the 2019 tour, they decided they'd dedicate one tour to that era because it had been skipped so often. They announced it ahead of time, and I knew to expect it, and still greatly enjoyed the show. I'm just bummed that this was my only chance to see them so far.

Purveyor of absolute bastardry.

Only_Perception wrote:
I guess most people here are just standard copy pastes more concerned with defending the honor of celebrities than thinking about music.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:18 pm 

Waltz_of_Ghouls wrote:
Maiden playing the entirety of AMoLaD at a big outdoor festival. It was quite a snoozefest.

I saw this tour when it came to Detroit and having never seen Iron Maiden live before I can say I hated it with a passion.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Benedict Donald
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:54 pm 

CoconutBackwards wrote:
Waltz_of_Ghouls wrote:
Maiden playing the entirety of AMoLaD at a big outdoor festival. It was quite a snoozefest.

I saw this tour when it came to Detroit and having never seen Iron Maiden live before I can say I hated it with a passion.

I totally get why people wouldn't want the full album played, but I was thrilled to hear AMOLAD in its entirety. Just dont need/want to hear 2 Minutes, etc., ever again in a live setting.
This wont be a popular opinion here, but I'd love for to hear them play nothing but reunion-era material. OR, play some deep cuts from the classics 80s albums, especially from the first two w/Di'Anno.

Rico McPato
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:02 pm 

I loved the Maiden AMOLAD show but yeah, I can totally see why it would suck for everyone who was not a big fan of the album. I saw it in Chicago and most of the audience was dead while they played the album. When they finished the AMOLAD set and started playing Fear of the Dark the place exploded.
I have seen Maiden many times so I would love a full on rarities show, but that would be very dissapointing for more casual fans or people seeing them for the first time. Big bands at the end are kind of forced to play the classics, if I remember correctly when Metallica did their "by demand" shows the setlists chosen by fans were basically the same old staples plus a couple of rarities.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:28 pm 

Anathema playing We're Here in full. Probably my least favourite Anathema album.

Prairieshadow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:45 am 

HeavenDuff wrote:
Gravetemplar wrote:

I only saw them for their Pink 10th Anniversary tour where they played Pink in it's entirety, so that was obviously an amazing set. But I've always wondered myself how Boris balances their setlists to make them somewhat coherent for a live show. I'm surprised that they actually include their more pop oriented music alongside their stoner rock/metal, doom, post-metal and sludge material. It has to be weird indeed.

Yeah, this is a tough one. I last saw them on the Dear tour, where they played the album in its entirety. Which could be worse as I do think that album is one of their best recently. But I would've preferred a few different tracks aside from the couple Pink tracks in the encore. I wouldn't say I was that frustrated though.

Ace_Rimmer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:52 am 

Rico McPato wrote:
I loved the Maiden AMOLAD show but yeah, I can totally see why it would suck for everyone who was not a big fan of the album. I saw it in Chicago and most of the audience was dead while they played the album. When they finished the AMOLAD set and started playing Fear of the Dark the place exploded.
I have seen Maiden many times so I would love a full on rarities show, but that would be very dissapointing for more casual fans or people seeing them for the first time. Big bands at the end are kind of forced to play the classics, if I remember correctly when Metallica did their "by demand" shows the setlists chosen by fans were basically the same old staples plus a couple of rarities.

Pretty much every Maiden show I’ve seen was like that. A massive drop in crowd reaction to the post reunion material and a mass exodus to the pissers and beer stands. But I respect they stand by their new stuff even if it’s not really my thing.

Judas Maiden
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:51 pm 

Non-metal. I watched Rage Against the Machine back in 1997 and they were touring for their 2nd album, 'Evil Empire', at the time The setlist was heavy on Evil Empire as expected with 9 out of the 13 songs performed that night coming from the 2nd album. It wasn't just the set list I was disappointed with, but I remember being underwhelmed with their entire performance. My recollection of their set was that they were like playing the songs at half speed than the normal tempo. Definitely one of the most disappointing gigs I've attended.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:34 pm 

Ace_Rimmer wrote:
Rico McPato wrote:

Pretty much every Maiden show I’ve seen was like that. A massive drop in crowd reaction to the post reunion material and a mass exodus to the pissers and beer stands. But I respect they stand by their new stuff even if it’s not really my thing.

I respect the move as well. Especially since they're so good about making sure the next tour is greatest hits. I saw them on the Book of Souls tour where they played ~40 minutes of stuff from that album, and the crowd didn't care one bit, but the band gave it their all as they always do and had awesome matching set pieces.

soulonfire
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:15 pm 

I saw Metallica on Lollapalooza '96 when I was a diehard Metallica nerd. It was gonna be my first time seeing them and I was hyped. What I didn't know was that they had two rotating setlists and my stop got the one heavy on Black/Load material. One song each from KEA, MOP, and AJFA. And not even a full song from Puppets, just the first three minutes of the title track. They also covered So What, Overkill, and Last Caress. It was pretty disappointing.

Use Baloo and calypso music.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:30 pm 

soulonfire wrote:
I saw Metallica on Lollapalooza '96 when I was a diehard Metallica nerd. It was gonna be my first time seeing them and I was hyped. What I didn't know was that they had two rotating setlists and my stop got the one heavy on Black/Load material. One song each from KEA, MOP, and AJFA. And not even a full song from Puppets, just the first three minutes of the title track. They also covered So What, Overkill, and Last Caress. It was pretty disappointing.

Yeah, the 90s and early 2000s were a really hard time to be a Metallica fan.

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:14 am 

Probably Ulver.. When i saw them they performed just The Assassination of Julius Caesar songs, Future Sound of Music and a really boring jam.
The show was fine, but i expected much more considering how extensive and varied is their catalog :(

Leprous too are another weird beast... impeccable performers, but way too focused on their last few albums: i felt quite disconnected and i was not the only one. When they brought out the 8 string guitar and did songs like The Price and Slave you could really see a visible increase in the general excitement.

lordcatfish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:27 am 

soulonfire wrote:

This didn't sound right to me, so I checked and it looks like the same setlist for every show. I don't think they got that adventurous with setlists until Rob joined.

soulonfire
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:04 am 

lordcatfish wrote:
soulonfire wrote:

This didn't sound right to me, so I checked and it looks like the same setlist for every show. I don't think they got that adventurous with setlists until Rob joined.

I got the rotating setlist thing from an interview in some magazine from later in the same year. However, I'm looking at setlist.fm and they have Ain't My Bitch played at every show and I know they didn't play it when I saw them.

Use Baloo and calypso music.

KaiKasparek
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:19 am 

Slater922 wrote:
soulonfire wrote:

Yeah, the 90s and early 2000s were a really hard time to be a Metallica fan.

Them cutting Master Of Puppets is the most nonsensical to me. The worst thing they did in the 90s, and that butchering ended up on TWO commercial video performances.

Period

The greatest post in M-A history:

~Guest 21181 wrote:
The Legions of the Teabagged:
vacantmind - DURR GOATSE IS FOONY (If you meet this guy, please pour hot lead down his anus).

Silencia
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:49 am 

Thiestru wrote:
Then again, I don't think their music translates well to a live environment, so maybe I'm not missing much. And I say that as a huge fan of theirs.

I saw Katatonia in 2010. They were really surprised when we started a mosh pit. They even told us we were the second-best audience of the tour.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next