Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
nakzox
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:32 am 

No official date for the new album that I could find, but it’s always a welcome surprise to get a new Dying Fetus song on a Friday. I have to give it a couple more listens before I can give my true feelings on it, but it’s Dying Fetus, you know what you’re gonna get.

https://youtu.be/eknenF4E72c

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:41 am 

Better than almost anything off Wrong One to Fuck With. They're back to doing what they do best - bouncy mosh grooves first and foremost, with just enough ignorant lowbrow tech to add some spice.

Grisly Bare
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:49 pm 

This song actually reminds of of their song 'Wrong One to Fuck With'. Although not as good as WOTFW, I like it. Looking forward to the new album, hope it's out soon.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:51 pm 

Frank Booth wrote:
Better than almost anything off Wrong One to Fuck With. They're back to doing what they do best - bouncy mosh grooves first and foremost, with just enough ignorant lowbrow tech to add some spice.

"ignorant lowbrow tech"?
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Fearoth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:26 pm 

Solid technical beatdown. Gotta appreciate their consistancy over the years.

praey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:50 am 

I like it. It’s probably not going to be making anyone’s list of Top 5 Dying Fetus songs, but it’s good stuff nonetheless. I love the bouncy grooves and the slam-esque riff that shows up about midway through.

nakzox
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:42 pm 

praey wrote:
I like it. It’s probably not going to be making anyone’s list of Top 5 Dying Fetus songs, but it’s good stuff nonetheless. I love the bouncy grooves and the slam-esque riff that shows up about midway through.

Pretty much agree with this after listening to it a few more times. Typical DF, but that's not a bad thing at all.

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:14 am 

It's not bad.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:08 am 

Yeah, it's pretty standard Dying Fetus but I like their sound overall so I'm not complaining. It's strange seeing John with hair, I think that's really the biggest development here.

Ezadara
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:13 am 

Kalaratri wrote:
Yeah, it's pretty standard Dying Fetus but I like their sound overall so I'm not complaining. It's strange seeing John with hair, I think that's really the biggest development here.

I was just about to say exactly that lol. I thought they'd taken on a second guitarist or something for a sec.

Going to need to give the song a couple more listens, at first glance it didn't do much for me but Dying Fetus has a way of growing on me.

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:20 pm 

Kalaratri wrote:
It's strange seeing John with hair, I think that's really the biggest development here.

That threw me for a fucking loop. Why would you shave your head for decades when you can grow hair?

Song is dope.

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:39 pm 

My guess is that he had to wear a respirator for his day job and couldn't have facial hair or long hair.

Fearoth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:55 am 

ThePoop wrote:
Kalaratri wrote:
It's strange seeing John with hair, I think that's really the biggest development here.

That threw me for a fucking loop. Why would you shave your head for decades when you can grow hair?

Song is dope.

It seems to me he's growing mostly the sides and back (cf Devin Townsend's skullet), his temples look receded in what looks like at least a typical Norwood 4 pattern. Unless he had a hair transplant recently, which I doubt since he's still wearing a hat in every picture.

Zephirus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:29 am 

Kalaratri wrote:

lol yeah , that was a wtf moment for me

not the biggest fan of DF , have followed them loosely over the years
song is ok, standard fare

been more interested in the new Severe Torture EP, great stuff

Nocturnal_Evil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:08 am 

This was damn good.

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:40 pm 

You gotta love it when the most exciting thing about a new Dying Fetus song is the fact that John's rocking a head of hair lol

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:10 pm 

SkullFracturingNightmare wrote:
You gotta love it when the most exciting thing about a new Dying Fetus song is the fact that John's rocking a head of hair lol

That's the most they've changed in a long time, 31 years of pure unga bunga energy and people know what to expect haha.

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:42 am 

Second single has been released

Definitely sounds like Dying Fetus, their brand of beatdown death metal never disappoints :headbang:

nakzox
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:14 am 

Still no word on a new album though with these two singles. They are touring later this year, (with Suicide Silence... kind of an unusual duo) so perhaps there will be an album this year, but it feels weird that there hasn't been an announcement of one yet.

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:26 am 

nakzox wrote:
Still no word on a new album though with these two singles. They are touring later this year, (with Suicide Silence... kind of an unusual duo) so perhaps there will be an album this year, but it feels weird that there hasn't been an announcement of one yet.

I don’t think it’s that unusual for them to tour together, especially since DF have a lot of crossover appeal with deathcore fans.

Hopefully we will hear more about a potential full length soon

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:57 am 

I imagine a new album announcement will probably happen soon, I think they're likely looking at a summer release date based on the fact they've already released two singles.

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:37 pm 

Album's done and has been for a while, my guess is that it'll get announced by the end of this month or the beginning of next and they'll have early copies on tour. As for touring with SS, name a deathcore band from the MySpace era and there's a good chance that Killing on Adrenaline and Destroy the Opposition were crucial components of their musical development. I know for a fact they were huge for Crown Magnetar (who are also on that tour), we fanboyed over Fetus during post-show hangs a while back for probably a solid 15-20 minutes.

ironman8008
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:24 am 

Really good band. Keeping eye on them like 20 years already and these guys just never disappoint.

Reply to topic