Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:59 pm 

Count me in the camp that assumes Demonaz has gone behind Horgh's back and recorded this album by himself, plus some random drummer. Damn shame if that is the case, because I love Horgh and I was barely willing to accept the two of them moving forward with the band without Abbath.

It should also be noted, though, that Horgh somewhat quietly left Hypocrisy earlier this year. I wondered at the time if that meant he was busy again with Immortal. Who the fuck really knows.

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:37 am 

Time for someone to start Immortal of Fire or some shit.

Lee Harrison
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:34 pm 

Nuclear Blast’s site nothing,Amazon report 31 December 2022 as date of exit,I suspect that it’s a fake…
Democracy can resist the authoritarian threat only if it transforms itself from a democracy of passive spectators into a democracy of active participants, in which the problems of the community are familiar to the individual and as important to him as his private affairs

draconiondevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:40 pm 

Curious_dead wrote:
Time for someone to start Immortal of Fire or some shit.

And then Abbath and Demonaz can get back together without Horgh and call it Abbath/Demonaz Immortal.

Oddeye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:50 am 

Immortal (Demonaz) just confirmed that the album is real and is to be released in 2023:

Quote:
The band ́s founder Demonaz states:
"Immortal continues the style that was established and defined on our very first records. It ́s fast, furious, epic, and mighty Blashyrkh metal - the one and only way!”
Demonaz offers some more background on the process of making War Against All:
“Even though the studio work is necessary to get an ultimate recording, the writing process is obviously my favourite. I still write all the guitar riffs/music at home with the same old vibe, and the lyrics as well. The early days of black metal inspire me the most. Cold nights in the woods, on the mountains under the winter moon. That´s what keeps the spirit alive, and the foundation to all our music"

No mention of Horgh or any other band members for that matter.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:53 am 

And that album art is real too.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:26 am 

It's going to be a Demonaz solo project with session members:

Quote:
"War Against All" was composed and performed by Demonaz, and it features some session members, like on IMMORTAL's earlier recordings. The album was produced by Arve Isdal, and recorded at Conclave & Earshot Studio in Bergen, Norway by Herbrand Larsen and Arve Isdal.

This is only being released as an Immortal album for financial reasons as far as I'm concerned, without Horgh I don't really consider this to be Immortal in any real sense of the name. It still might be good (Demonaz's previous solo record was pretty decent) but it's hard not to think of this as some sort of cynical cash grab.

In_Zane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:56 am 

I wonder where Horgh is? I doubt he left... can Demonaz actually fire him?

Maybe Horgh and Abbath can team up and make ''Immortal A.D.''? :D

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:24 am 

In_Zane wrote:
I wonder where Horgh is? I doubt he left... can Demonaz actually fire him?

I think it's pretty clear Horgh is not a member of Immortal anymore. Considering Demonaz went behind his back to claim sole ownership of the Immortal name and there is no evidence the two have reconciled since, I find it hard to believe he'd want to stay. If he was still there the press release would've mentioned him by name.

In_Zane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:29 am 

Kalaratri wrote:
I think it's pretty clear Horgh is not a member of Immortal anymore. Considering Demonaz went behind his back to claim sole ownership of the Immortal name

But wasn't that overruled in Horghs favor, and the ownership went to the band as a whole, and not Demonaz?

LycanthropeMoon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:30 am 

You guys, I think Demonaz might be kind of a dick. I don't know what tells me this. Just a hunch, an inkling if you will.

Granted, he at the very least hasn't murdered anyone, so... you know, there's that.

In_Zane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:35 am 

LycanthropeMoon wrote:
Granted, he at the very least hasn't murdered anyone, so... you know, there's that.

....Maybe Horgh is dead in Demonaz basement...

DUN-DUN-DUUUUN!!!

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:36 am 

From Immortal's website:

Quote:
“Everything was recorded and mastered in Bergen this time, and I am especially pleased with the production on this one. The album was produced in Earshot & Conclave Studios and mastered at Solslottet. This time we had Ice Dale (Enslaved/Audrey Horne) on bass and Kevin Kvåle (Gaahls Wyrd) on drums. It’s all about getting the best result.”

“Immortal have never compromised on the original vision, which is taking the fans on a journey through Blashyrkh with our most grim and dark music with every new release – no matter. These songs are no exception to this. I am very excited and proud of the final result, it’s got a distinct expression, and I can’t wait to let the fans hear it!”

So it's 100% confirmed Horgh had no involvement with the recording of the album, I think it's pretty safe to say he's not a part of Immortal anymore.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:13 am 

Count me the fuck in on another Demonaz and Ice Dale collab; I's Between Two Worlds is one of my favorite albums ever.

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:37 am 

narsilianshard wrote:
Count me the fuck in on another Demonaz and Ice Dale collab; I's Between Two Worlds is one of my favorite albums ever.

That album was very likely Abbath's brainchild tough, you can hear so many of his quirks in the riffs.

Demonaz can write, but he often goes for the more traditional Bathory inspired style: it will be probably like the last album with some good brief leads here and there, depending on how much he lets loose Ice Dale

Oddeye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:03 pm 

Morn Of Solace wrote:
narsilianshard wrote:

That album was very likely Abbath's brainchild tough, you can hear so many of his quirks in the riffs.

Demonaz can write, but he often goes for the more traditional Bathory inspired style: it will be probably like the last album with some good brief leads here and there, depending on how much he lets loose Ice Dale

Between Two Worlds is beyond awesome but I thought Demonaz only wrote lyrics for it? I was under the impression he didn't write or play guitar for many years due to some sort of injury or disease?

Anyway this got me really hyped to listen to I, something I havn't done in ages. Thank's guys :headbang:

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:04 pm 

Morn Of Solace wrote:
narsilianshard wrote:

Ice Dale is only mentioned as the session bassist, we don't even know if he's playing any guest leads on the album. It's more likely that Demonaz is handling all of the guitar parts, which probably means we'll get something similar to Northern Chaos Gods in terms of lead work.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:08 pm 

Oddeye wrote:
Morn Of Solace wrote:
narsilianshard wrote:

Between Two Worlds is beyond awesome but I thought Demonaz only wrote lyrics for it? I was under the impression he didn't write or play guitar for many years due to some sort of injury or disease?

Anyway this got me really hyped to listen to I, something I havn't done in ages. Thank's guys :headbang:

Demonaz was diagnosed with acute tendinopathy back in 1997 and stopped playing guitar until very recently, after going through extensive physiotherapy. Northern Chaos Gods is the first time since the diagnosis that he actually recorded guitar for an album. He only contributed lyrics to that I album (if he had any songwriting contributions beyond that he wasn't credited for them).

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:16 pm 

"OMG where did this come from? It must be a fake!"

I guess you all are too good for social media because all of that information was posted on the Immortal Facebook page 5 hours ago. :lol:

Like your reviews?

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:33 pm 

Kalaratri wrote:
Morn Of Solace wrote:
narsilianshard wrote:

Ice Dale is only mentioned as the session bassist, we don't even know if he's playing any guest leads on the album. It's more likely that Demonaz is handling all of the guitar parts, which probably means we'll get something similar to Northern Chaos Gods in terms of lead work.

crap, i missed it. my hopes for this album are even lower

CreepingDeath16
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:35 pm 

mjollnir wrote:
"OMG where did this come from? It must be a fake!"

I guess you all are too good for social media because all of that information was posted on the Immortal Facebook page 5 hours ago. :lol:

And those posts were made in September.

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:16 pm 

In_Zane wrote:

Immortushka

Waltz_of_Ghouls
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:51 pm 

or I Am Immortal
Fire walk with me"

LycanthropeMoon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:05 pm 

Immortal Inc.?

In_Zane wrote:
LycanthropeMoon wrote:

....Maybe Horgh is dead in Demonaz basement...

DUN-DUN-DUUUUN!!!

Oh no.

Ace_Rimmer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:02 am 

I'm just not psyched. Let me know when Abbath and him fix shit and get this back together.

Cyrdarxes
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:44 am 

The OP (or a mod) should remove the date from the thread title, since no official release date has been announced yet, aside from it coming out next year.

Metal Shark
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:51 am 

"By the Power of Greyskull, I HAVE THE POWER!"

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:33 am 

Well count me as one of those that are all in for this. I loved Northern Chaos Gods and if this is more of the same or better I will be thrilled.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:49 am 

Loved Northern Chaos Gods way more than I thought I would, so I'm definitely interested in the new album.
Also the cover art isn't that bad, come on. Maybe a little uninspired.

In_Zane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:55 am 

Zerberus wrote:
Loved Northern Chaos Gods way more than I thought I would, so I'm definitely interested in the new album.
Also the cover art isn't that bad, come on. Maybe a little uninspired.

I think if the face was smaller and there was more mountain, it'd look a bit better..

I have hopes for it, as I really loved ''Northern Chaos Gods''.

draconiondevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:32 am 

Yeah I'm gonna have to echo all the comments praising Northern Chaos Gods. That album was way better than I was expecting and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Definitely better than All Shall Fall as well. If this new album is like Northern Chaos Gods I'll like it, despite no involvement from Abbath or apparently Horgh at this point.

LilTito
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:37 am 

Shame they kept this godawful album cover

jose_G
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:18 am 

waiting for this

Wire
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:12 pm 

I'm waiting for this new album too. So the release on october 7th is postponed ?
Is the reason concerning the line-up about this delay ?

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:15 am 

Wire wrote:
I'm waiting for this new album too. So the release on october 7th is postponed ?
Is the reason concerning the line-up about this delay ?

Read the thread from the beginning. The initial announcement was an accidental PR leak and the album was only officially announced yesterday.

klaar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:35 am 

Thanks to Abbath, Immortal created his legacy and became a legend and reference in metal. The personification of Norwegian black metal. Abbath has become a legendary character. Since Horgh joined the band and Abbath took over the guitars, Immortal has evolved and released only memorable records. I know that Demonaz's creative contribution was part of the whole process, but a restaurant isn't successful just because of its cook. If you don't have excellent waiters to serve and delight your customers, you fail. And there's no use in the head chef trying to wait tables if he's not good at it. Metal bands do not live in a parallel reality of the real world. Trying to own a project alone that you built with a team is unethical and stupid.

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:39 am 

We don't know much of what really happened behind the scenes, but we know that there were some heavy personal matters. I can't really start throwing accusations around in clear conscience...

I know that i'm not in the majority, but i'm just unhappy because i don't think that neither Abbath or Demonaz managed yet to make something as good as they were together (or as I, which was a little miracle)
Abbath's material lacks direction and Demonaz has a style that is as solid as unexciting :(

Last edited by ~Guest 334273 on Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Benedict Donald
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:40 am 

draconiondevil wrote:
Yeah I'm gonna have to echo all the comments praising Northern Chaos Gods. That album was way better than I was expecting and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Definitely better than All Shall Fall as well. If this new album is like Northern Chaos Gods I'll like it, despite no involvement from Abbath or apparently Horgh at this point.

This, exactly.
Loved Northern Chaos Gods.

Discordant
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:47 pm 

I thought Northern Chaos Gods opened with 2 great tracks and then fell into mediocracy (like Demonaz was jumping between the same 4 power-chords all the time), the closing Blood Fire Death tribute was pretty good too though but I actually prefer both Abbaths debut and All Shall Fall (I know im a minority).

But I was OK with Immortal breaking up with Abbath, but something about Demonaz now also kicking out Horgh and claiming Immortal as his own makes me less excited for anymore Immortal albums... bummer that Abbaths last 2 wasn't that great either...
Old-school black/thrash

greywanderer7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:40 pm 

War Against All... My Former Bandmates.

Feeling skeptical about this... best case scenario it will retread old ground like the previous album did.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next