Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
dostrum
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:28 pm 

Does anyone know what band is this? I'm looking for it and I only have that extract.
I'm not sure, but I think it's a band from Brazil. I may have had a black and white video clip on YouTube, in a kind of forest with a stream, but I'm not sure.

Astral_241
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:51 am 

Does know the name of this song? Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih3BhKpTpas

Zizzyke
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:59 pm 

Hi, not sure if it's okay to post this here, but I need help. There's a song called Hypertermic (or Hyperthermic) by Genedefect and aside from the title and band I can't find any info about it at all, nothing about when it was released, if it was released at all in an album or single or EP. The only thing that I know is that the instrumental part of the song is similar or the exact same as their other song titled Nebulae, only the lyrics are different. The song isn't even on youtube, I only found it on a random site. Does anyone know about Hypertermic?

~Guest 1364140
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:32 pm 

Intro is a 911 call of a wailing woman telling the operator that someone committed suicide in her house (either her brother, husband/bf, or son)
Operator tells her to calm down, and to give the address so officers can be sent.
Recording goes on even as the officers arrive and she is in full despair, screeching

Which band:album is this?
Most possibly dsbm

Seto
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:15 pm 

Astral_241 wrote:
Does know the name of this song? Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih3BhKpTpas

With something like this you'd be better off asking him in the comments.

Nikodem15
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:15 am 

What was the name of a Swiss (?) heavy metal band who played in the vein of early Manowar and only recorded a demo tape in early-to-mid 80's?

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:47 pm 

Spoiler: show

What's the band of the guy's shirt of on the left?

MJS71
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:34 pm 

I have managed to find all of the old Québécois folk songs used as intros by Forteresse except the one at the beginning of La Moisson de la Liberté. Does anyone know which song that is?
https://youtu.be/lILbCE-3yCs

Trepas
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:23 pm 

MJS71 wrote:
I have managed to find all of the old Québécois folk songs used as intros by Forteresse except the one at the beginning of La Moisson de la Liberté. Does anyone know which song that is?

It seems to be "Set canadien pt. 2" by Tommy Duschesne: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHLFVCTpiTU
However, if you are interested in the style and not just this particular song (because the vocal is not very good in my opinion, at least on this version), you better look for stuff from Joseph Allard (the guy on the front cover of this Forteresse's album)

MJS71
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:05 am 

Trepas wrote:
MJS71 wrote:

It seems to be "Set canadien pt. 2" by Tommy Duschesne: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHLFVCTpiTU
However, if you are interested in the style and not just this particular song (because the vocal is not very good in my opinion, at least on this version), you better look for stuff from Joseph Allard (the guy on the front cover of this Forteresse's album)

Yes I am already familiar with Joseph Allard, Isidore Soucy, Jean Carignan, and other Québécois folk music. Thank you!

MJS71
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:07 am 

Trepas wrote:
MJS71 wrote:

Unfortunately now that I listen to it that is not the one but thanks for the effort.

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:49 pm 

Might be a stretch, but can anyone figure out what band is playing in the background of this interview? You can hear them at 14:40 and for quite a while at 15:39, I'll edit this and add other parts if I hear them again. If it helps, it sounds like they might be black metal of some kind, and their guitars are probably tuned to C or C#. Their vocalist has a lot of clean singing starting at 18:10, so that might help in IDing them.

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:02 am 

Actually, I just figured out it might be Enslaved.

Daniels 4 Beasts
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:16 pm 

One more try. I've asked before, but almost 2 years ago so I wouldn't say I'm spamming. I'm still trying to find the track playing in the background here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmQmpSrAaXU#t=04m15s
Someone else asked in the comments & got no response.

I heard it regularly at work in the 2nd half of 2005 so it was likely out around that time. People at work identified other bands on the same channel (cable channel, not YouTube) like System of a Down, Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium, Static-X, & I recognized others like Green Day & Rage Against the Machine, Shinedown's cover of Simple Man. Someone heard Dimmu Borgir because I suppose they had just released their rerecorded Stormblast album but I think it's more likely something more mainstream/commercial & possibly not listed on Metal Archives.

Midomi guessed DevilDriver's cover of Awolnation's Sail, but that came out in 2013 & anyway that just isn't the same track. Audio Tag accurately guessed Rareform by After the Burial which is in the clip but not the one I'm after. I haven't tried Shazam so maybe that could do it? I'm unable to.

I've also gone through Spotify playlists of other stuff people have identified in the Bugez's clips & I think I can be confident that it isn't by any of the following bands in addition to the ones I've already mentioned: Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God, Bullet for My Valentine, After the Burial, Exodus, White Zombie, Children of Bodom, Kreator, Judas Priest, Pantera, Damageplan, All That Remains, Gojira, Soilwork, Soulfly, Ensiferum, Wintersun, At the Gates, Dark Tranquility, Sadus, Nevermore, Shinedown, Deftones. The overlap with these playlists & that cable channel we listened to seems to be metalcore & nu metal.

The closest that I've come so far I think is this tune in Iced Earth's Gettysburg suite. It might just be a fluke & it's not the *same* but I thought it was similar enough to mention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hULPY_tgNe4#t=7m20s

Nocturnal_Evil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:25 am 

I'm looking for help in identifying a song I once heard on YouTube and subsequently saved, only to revisit the playlist I put it on months later and find it was deleted/made private. Not sure which was the band and which was the song title, but it was something like: Concrete Miles of Desolation - I Hang Alone. I remember the song caught me because the riff and drumming combination was devastating, descending and fast. Needless to say, it's a DSBM tune. Any help is appreciated.

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:31 am 

Nocturnal_Evil wrote:
I'm looking for help in identifying a song I once heard on YouTube and subsequently saved, only to revisit the playlist I put it on months later and find it was deleted/made private. Not sure which was the band and which was the song title, but it was something like: Concrete Miles of Desolation - I Hang Alone. I remember the song caught me because the riff and drumming combination was devastating, descending and fast. Needless to say, it's a DSBM tune. Any help is appreciated.

I think I found it. Try looking for "Concrete Miles of Disgust" by I Hang Alone. I'm not sure if it's up for streaming, besides on whatever this website is: https://www.reverbnation.com/ihangalone/song/9009633-concrete-miles-of-disgust

Nocturnal_Evil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:23 pm 

EvergreenSherbert - Thanks so much dude, I never thought I'd find that one again.

Also, I'm not seeing them on the Archives yet. Wonder why that is...

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:46 pm 

This dumbass video baited me in with the metal logo. Does anyone know what that logo actually is? I think I've seen it before, but I'm not gonna try to read it. I'll have a headache for days.

sjal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:03 pm 

^
I didn’t remember the logo, and I know nothing about this band, but the type of this logo reminded me of the thread about worst band logos, so there it is: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=127036&p=2891876&hilit=Eximperituserqethhzebib%C5%A1iptugakkath%C5%A1ulweliarzaxu%C5%82um#p2891876

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:13 pm 

Oh wow, there it is. I remember now, I stumbled upon the band on Bandcamp. I was going to transcribe their songs on Genius, but I decided it wasn't worth it.

UroboricForms
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:45 am 

There's a brutal death metal band out of either Denmark, Austria, The Netherlands, or possibly Belgium (IIRC) that I came across more than a decade ago as a kid. I was probably 16 and remember the album cover had a troll(?) of the violent persuasion on the cover. I feel like the cover had a greenish tint, and the troll/goblin may have been coming out of a house or something... hard to remember. Sort of an odd album cover. This record was fucking crazy brutal in just about every way, for example there were some borderline pedo lyrics Ala cannibal corpse on steroids, which led to me deleting it from my collection because it made me uncomfortable. Now I'm really curious to know if it holds up to memory.

Anybody know what the hell I might be referring to?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I don't think it's Rated-X by Deranged but it's very similar to that, if not a bit heavier.

TheWizzy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:51 am 

Hi,
This should be an easy one (or so I hope): looking for artist/title of this song, used as intro music to the Kiss gig at the Monsters of Rock 1988 Schweinfurt concert by German TV station RTL. It's an instrumental, kind of like "Losfer Words" by Iron Maiden:
https://voca.ro/1ntDNpmiwvxr
Any help appreciated.
Cheers

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:27 am 

shazam gives no hits, and there's no entry on setlist.fm for an intro tape, so either it was a local band, a theme written for the MoR fest by a poor underpaid frustrated musician, or a riff Simmons stole/bought from someone and never officially used anywhere. please do write back if you find it...

TheWizzy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:06 pm 

Hi aloof,

Thanks for your reply. I don't think it's a band involved in the festival at all, it's just an overlay track used by the tv station. Other TV broadcasts of the same concert used different songs for the intro. So, I think it's just some song of the same era, by a totally unrelated band (well, related to Heavy Metal, but no more than that)

Cheers

An Ferbasach
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:56 pm 

The Wikipedia article for the Pungent Stench album Been Caught Buttering says that the album cover had to be changed for the Australian release. I can't find an alternative cover online. Does anyone know if the information on Wikipedia is correct and if so what the alternative cover was like?

An Ferbasach
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:57 pm 

The Wikipedia article for the Pungent Stench album Been Caught Buttering says that the album cover had to be changed for the Australian release. I can't find an alternative cover online. Does anyone know if the information on Wikipedia is correct and if so what the alternative cover looked like?

acidinyourwounds
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:16 am 

Hello, first time poster...

... Back in the "beginning of the internet" (circa 1999ish, maybe a couple of years later) I downloaded a bunch of random metal songs from Australian bands.

I cannot find ANYTHING relating to one that sticks out in my mind.

I think it was:

1) A band outta Adelaide, South Australia;
2) White Metal;
3) Pretty sure the name of the song was "CITDK" - which stood for "Christ Is The Demon Killer";
4) Objectively, and ironically, it was one of the heaviest fucking songs I've heard 'til this day;
5) There was a sound-byte from a cut-scene of a movie where a demon or some shit is getting killed by a guy who says "I kick arse for the Lord".

Thornium2002
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:30 pm 

acidinyourwounds wrote:
Hello, first time poster...

... Back in the "beginning of the internet" (circa 1999ish, maybe a couple of years later) I downloaded a bunch of random metal songs from Australian bands.

I cannot find ANYTHING relating to one that sticks out in my mind.

I think it was:

1) A band outta Adelaide, South Australia;
2) White Metal;
3) Pretty sure the name of the song was "CITDK" - which stood for "Christ Is The Demon Killer";
4) Objectively, and ironically, it was one of the heaviest fucking songs I've heard 'til this day;
5) There was a sound-byte from a cut-scene of a movie where a demon or some shit is getting killed by a guy who says "I kick arse for the Lord".

I can't help you with the song, but that quote is from Peter Jackson's "Dead Alive" (or Braindead)

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:04 pm 

Hey guys, looking for an album that was recently released. I discovered it on my release radar playlist on Spotify last week I think. The track I heard seemingly only had acoustic guitars but blasts as well, I guess it was some kind of black/folk-ish metal. I thought they were Finnish, but they may have been Russian or something similar. I know it's not much to go on, but any help would be appreciated!
Lesson #0 in life: don't be a fucking retard.

childrenofthenight wrote:
Would you say you were touched by Satan's Almighty Penis?

Last.fm

Artofgrind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:26 am 

Hi I'm looking for an album that had a blue and white cover. The artwork looked like a HR Giger drawing. I believe that the band is Italian and the music was keyboard heavy. Overall it was death metal though. Last thing that I can remember is that their name might of started with a D.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:06 pm 

Z0MBIE wrote:
Hey guys, looking for an album that was recently released. I discovered it on my release radar playlist on Spotify last week I think. The track I heard seemingly only had acoustic guitars but blasts as well, I guess it was some kind of black/folk-ish metal. I thought they were Finnish, but they may have been Russian or something similar. I know it's not much to go on, but any help would be appreciated!

Is it Kaatayra? https://kaatayra.bandcamp.com/album/inpariquip

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:35 pm 

MutantClannfear wrote:
Z0MBIE wrote:

Is it Kaatayra? https://kaatayra.bandcamp.com/album/inpariquip

YES, thanks a lot!
Lesson #0 in life: don't be a fucking retard.

childrenofthenight wrote:
Would you say you were touched by Satan's Almighty Penis?

Last.fm

Daniels 4 Beasts
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:46 pm 

I wonder if you guys could help with a couple more. The one I'm most interested in is at 4:14 of this clip, which I've asked about before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmQmpSrAaXU#t=04m14s

There's also another very distinctive guitar tune & then a long scream later in the same clip & probably the same workout judging by his outfit, and it sounds to me like it could be the same band since the guitar tone sounds pretty similar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmQmpSrAaXU#t=05m06s

The monstrous (imho) guitar tone could mean the guitarist uses a Gibson product which would be relatively uncommon in the metal world, but knowing what effects can do I definitely can't be sure. Another section from the same workout has vocals but I can't make out the words, otherwise it would be easy to figure out. The best I can do with this one is maybe melodic hardcore or metalcore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmQmpSrAaXU#t=06m52s

_Kristallnacht_
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:16 am 

It's a long shot but does that live in the southern U.K more specifically Exeter, Devon area that can remember a band named Solkaris, I remember seeing them play at a place called the Cavern when I went out to the UK to visit my family. This was about 15 years or so now. I've searched around a few times and nothing comes up I was hoping that maybe there is a fan or theirs on here or a member of the band or something. Any help would be awesome, thanks.

Daniels 4 Beasts
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:35 pm 

The Exeter Cavern is still around, I wonder if you have messaged them? Maybe someone there would remember: https://exetercavern.net/ What else have you tried so far? Also are you sure it's Solkaris & not Solaris? I found 194 bands on Discogs with solaris in the name but none called solkaris: https://www.discogs.com/search/?limit=2 ... ist&page=1

LongHairIsSoFuckingCool
Edgy Metal Noob Catchphrase Dispenser

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:22 pm 

What are the all the songs in playing in this meme?

recyclage wrote:
Anyone who writes "The Deftones" isn't trustworthy.

Daniels 4 Beasts
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:13 pm 

1. bring me the horizon - can you feel my heart
2. korn - freak on a leash
3. metallica - the memory remains
4. suicidal tendencies - war inside my head
5. rhapsody - emerald sword
6. judas priest - painkiller
7. i could make out a few words but in the end i couldn't get this one :(
9. skull fist - no false metal
11. sounds like blasphemy. their main album is fallen angel of doom. i couldn't find the track right away though. :(

Thornium2002
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:31 pm 

Daniels 4 Beasts wrote:

Daniels 4 Beasts
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:08 pm 

I don't know Violator but the other 3 don't surprise me at all. Maybe I could have gotten them eventually. :beer:

Carloncho_Metal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:47 pm 

Hi. Does anyone knows the name of this band?. I have this file in my hard drive since 2010, it sounds like Progressive Metal.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/sojl6us6 ... 1.mp3/file

Thanks for the help.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 48  Next