Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Underworld666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:55 pm 

I don't have much to go off of. A late 80's or early 90s thrash band I think in the genre of Necrodeth, Exorcist, or Infernal Majesty. First track starts of with a Gregorian chant intro with no instruments. I want to say a German band but not 100% sure.

Bruce

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:22 pm 

Underworld666 wrote:
I don't have much to go off of. A late 80's or early 90s thrash band I think in the genre of Necrodeth, Exorcist, or Infernal Majesty. First track starts of with a Gregorian chant intro with no instruments. I want to say a German band but not 100% sure.

Bruce

This?

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

trom_bonne
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:26 am 

I've been racking my brain for a few days trying to remember this group. Someone showed them to me back in high school, and I've not heard them since. I remember it being thrash, but it could've just as likely been a more straight ahead heavy metal. More distinguishing is the album cover. A blue color palette with a big ol' space wizard looming in the corner, commanding your vision. Seems like I remember his hand stretching out over a planet? The album was space/sci-fi themed. I know it's not much, but I've thrown my hands up in frustration at this point trying to find anything.

Underworld666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:04 pm 

droneriot wrote:
Underworld666 wrote:

Bruce

This?

No instruments and male chanting. Good stuff though

Bruce

Lord Tempestuous
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:57 am 

Looking for a Japanese industrial band with almost black metal vocals, most of the song titles and lyrics were in German and they for some reason had a song on MySpace called 'hammer smashed face' that I dont believe was a cover.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:49 am 

Underworld666 wrote:

Bruce

Blind Guardian's Follow the Blind starts off with a Grego chant and dives into a real fast song... ? date and country also match.

Underworld666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:42 pm 

aloof wrote:
Underworld666 wrote:

Bruce

Blind Guardian's Follow the Blind starts off with a Grego chant and dives into a real fast song... ? date and country also match.

Intro is close to that, but not the right group. Appreciate the effort.

Bruce

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:35 pm 

I'm trying to remember this ultra-raw black/viking metal band, northern European of course. I remember reading a review about it on here noting its rawness, especially with regards to the vocals. The band is not Helheim, I'm pretty sure of that. The band released their albums somewhere in the late 90's/early 2000's probably, and I remember a bluish album cover with a silhouette of a viking, I think.

EDIT: Found it, it was Bloodaxe! Not northern European though.

AcidMind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:49 am 

Need help with identification of death/doom band, here is sample. Should be from 90s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyV326KDJyE

Marius Basevicius
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:35 am 

Hi, death metal fans.
I have a problem and I want to ask for your help. I can't really recognize the band I am listening to for a very long time, from a young age, it's about 25 years. Its music album was recorded into an old cassete and there ir no name of the band. It was written "Unleashed" on it, but I know Unleashed, I had listened all the Unleashed albums and it is not them.
The band plays very old death metal (I think, it was recorded about ~1988-1992) and the intro begins with the words of an "old sad man":
"When your life comes to an end, you know what you have done, you know, who you ever hurts... the faces of your victims will become, the faces of your nightmares and hell... the only saviour, you'll know, is there one and it's waiting for your soul, perhaps: ("angel" speaks) Send me angel, we forgive you so much sin that you've got. Or perhaps (and then speaks "devil") Control <...> of your fucking soul!" And then begins the guitar playing.
One of the last songs of this album chorus is "For your love", the growling vocals...
Maybe someone recognized the band and can tell me its name? I would like to find it in mp3 and listen to it in the good quality. Please, help me.
P.S. ...and sorry for my english... :)
AcidMind wrote:
Need help with identification of death/doom band, here is sample. Should be from 90s.

AndromedaVessel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:51 pm 

AcidMind wrote:

Hey, I actually found it.

AndromedaVessel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:08 pm 

Marius Basevicius wrote:
Hi, death metal fans.
I have a problem and I want to ask for your help. I can't really recognize the band I am listening to for a very long time, from a young age, it's about 25 years. Its music album was recorded into an old cassete and there ir no name of the band. It was written "Unleashed" on it, but I know Unleashed, I had listened all the Unleashed albums and it is not them.
The band plays very old death metal (I think, it was recorded about ~1988-1992) and the intro begins with the words of an "old sad man":
"When your life comes to an end, you know what you have done, you know, who you ever hurts... the faces of your victims will become, the faces of your nightmares and hell... the only saviour, you'll know, is there one and it's waiting for your soul, perhaps: ("angel" speaks) Send me angel, we forgive you so much sin that you've got. Or perhaps (and then speaks "devil") Control <...> of your fucking soul!" And then begins the guitar playing.
One of the last songs of this album chorus is "For your love", the growling vocals...
Maybe someone recognized the band and can tell me its name? I would like to find it in mp3 and listen to it in the good quality. Please, help me.
P.S. ...and sorry for my english... :)

Found it, there's the demo and the compilation

1992 demo

1995 compilation

AcidMind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:21 am 

AndromedaVessel wrote:
Hey, I actually found it.

Many thanks, friend!

PeachPit
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:18 pm 

I came back on these forums after a LONG hiatus to post in this thread, trying get you to help me remember the name of a band. Here was my post

Quote:
Hey all, I am a "ex-recovering" metalhead trying to remember a band whose name I forget. I can't remember the name of the album I am looking for, nor any of their songs, so your work is cut out for you ; ) The band plays death metal, with very deep, almost gurgling growls. Between the rhythm and the guitar work, the music is almost hypnotic, even though i might say it moves at a pretty high BPM. The soundstage on their albums is fairly crowded (shocker for death metal), but the guitar work almost reminds me of some black metal? The drumming seems highly technical to me. Something in my head tells me they are Australian(? maybe not ?), and possibly had their van stolen on tour at one point.

As soon as I wrote "Australian" I remembered they were from a country near there, and then I was able to narrow it down to the exact band myself using the metal archives pages.
If you are playing along at home, I put the answer in the spoiler tags below:

The country:
Spoiler: show
New Zealand

The Band
Spoiler: show
Ulcerate

Hope that was a little fun at least ; )

jsanchezflores13
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:09 pm 

I need help trying to find the artist to this song "Black Angel". I remember downloading this from a YouTube video back in the day titled "Draconian - Black Angel". I've been listening to Draconian for a long time and they do not have this song on any of their albums or releases. Here is the song. Also, since the song is in Spanish? the title might also be "Angel Negro".

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArtQh1L-QL6Ng-sh9sz ... g?e=iMsHOH

AndromedaVessel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:39 pm 

jsanchezflores13 wrote:
I need help trying to find the artist to this song "Black Angel". I remember downloading this from a YouTube video back in the day titled "Draconian - Black Angel". I've been listening to Draconian for a long time and they do not have this song on any of their albums or releases. Here is the song. Also, since the song is in Spanish? the title might also be "Angel Negro".

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArtQh1L-QL6Ng-sh9sz ... g?e=iMsHOH

Well, it's a Draconian alright, but it's from Colombia, and apparently it actually is "Angel Negro".

According to the description of the video below, it's most likely disbanded due to the vocalist and guitarrist forming another project called Killer Kind.

Phosphorus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:22 pm 

I posted this in the black metal help thread as well.

I'm trying to find a band that I listened to right around 2011. They were a black/sludge band with I think only one or two full lengths at the time. The album I remember had 2 songs on it, the first one was 17 or so minutes and the second was also long. Unfortunately that's all I remember, any help figuring the band out would be greatly appreciated.

jsanchezflores13
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:27 pm 

@AndromedaVessel

Thank you so much!!

I really don't know how you did it since I tried searching both english and spanish names, but thank you.

Daniels 4 Beasts
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:49 pm 

Ok I give up. I've been trying to find out what the song is at about 4:15 in this clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmQmpSrAaXU#t=04m15s

Commenters identified two other songs the Bugez played that workout as Tirades of Truth by DevilDriver and Critical Acclaim by Avenged Sevenfold, so I guess he was into metalcore that day. I recognised that track because I heard it on the cable box at work in 2005 but none of the guys knew what it was. So I think it must have been fairly new at that time. I've tried listening through stuff up to 2005 by similar bands like Killswitch Engage, Bullet for My Valentine, Lamb of God & Trivium but no luck. Any ideas?

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:53 am 

Do you mean the song before the Exodus track? (at ~4:20 mark)

Daniels 4 Beasts
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:12 am 

Yes, that's the one I meant. I thought the guitar tune would be distinctive enough that someone would recognize it without vocals or lyrics

Tekdeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:56 am 

Isn't that a cover of 'AWOLNATION - Sail' by DevilDriver? I might have interpreted your post wrong though.

Tekdeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:50 pm 

Phosphorus wrote:

I'm trying to find a band that I listened to right around 2011. They were a black/sludge band with I think only one or two full lengths at the time. The album I remember had 2 songs on it, the first one was 17 or so minutes and the second was also long. Unfortunately that's all I remember, any help figuring the band out would be greatly appreciated.

I went through every band that has both black and sludge as a genre descriptor and the only album that seems to somewhat match your description is 'De Speenzalvinge' by a band named 'Alkerdeel'. The album has 3 songs, the first one being 15:19 minutes. The album was released in 2010 and their second full-length was released in 2012 meaning this was their only full-length at the time you were listening to them. Not a huge chance that this is actually the band you're looking for, but I figured it fits your description well enough to be a contender.

Tekdeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:16 pm 

Underworld666 wrote:

Bruce

Might be the German band Exumer. Their album 'Possessed by Fire' was released in 1986 and starts off with what I think is Gregorian chanting without any instruments.

Underworld666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:28 pm 

I have that CD, not that one, but appreciate the effort.

Bruce

Daniels 4 Beasts
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:12 pm 

Tekdeth wrote:
Isn't that a cover of 'AWOLNATION - Sail' by DevilDriver? I might have interpreted your post wrong though.

It sounds similar but I don't think it's the same track. I'd swear I heard the track in the video back in 2005, so it must have been out at that time.

Phosphorus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:22 am 

Tekdeth wrote:
Phosphorus wrote:

I went through every band that has both black and sludge as a genre descriptor and the only album that seems to somewhat match your description is 'De Speenzalvinge' by a band named 'Alkerdeel'. The album has 3 songs, the first one being 15:19 minutes. The album was released in 2010 and their second full-length was released in 2012 meaning this was their only full-length at the time you were listening to them. Not a huge chance that this is actually the band you're looking for, but I figured it fits your description well enough to be a contender.

Thank you very much for putting the effort into this. Unfortunately that's not the album. I really appreciate it.

Edit: After a bunch of digging I found it! Its not exactly all the details I remembered but it still kicks ass.

https://ensorcelor.bandcamp.com/album/crucifuge

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:39 pm 

There's a Kreator song with falsetto screams, but I can't remember which one it is.

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:18 pm 

The riff that starts at 0:36 is extremely similar to another one but I can't remember which one. Help would be appreciated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6xKzudXcnc

Dr_Fiemost
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:50 am 

I'm looking for an one-woman black metal project I've found years ago in the archive. I think it was from Russia and lyrics were native but not sure about this, one thing I remember for sure is that some verses in a song were in italian. Not much but hope you can help.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:24 pm 

I posed this in the NP thread, but I thought I'd toss it here too.

Does anyone know who Paul Miller is that the Venom song "In Memory Of" on Temples of Ice is?

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:52 pm 

Paul Miller was a Metal journalist from Portsmouth, Hampshire, England. He wrote for Kerrang magazine and ran a fanzine named Forearm Smash. He was friends with Venom/Atomkraft/the guys from Neat Records.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:03 am 

OpsiusCato wrote:
Paul Miller was a Metal journalist from Portsmouth, Hampshire, England. He wrote for Kerrang magazine and ran a fanzine named Forearm Smash. He was friends with Venom/Atomkraft/the guys from Neat Records.

This community of ours never ceases to amaze me. Someone always knows. Thank you, friend.

Negakinu
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:55 am 

A vague memory of a French (??? Swiss?) band from the late-nineties. Symphonic gothic/death metal with an avant-garde feel. Lyrics in English but the vocalist had an obvious French accent. A concept album about something historical; I want to say Jack the Ripper, but I don't think that was it. Musketeers? Hahaha, I don't know. Something a bit goofy. Very theatrical, with colourful artwork. I remember the colours white, green and purple with an illustrated character on the cover. Not a demo, but a full blown release that was properly distributed. I read a review about it in Dutch magazine Aardschok and bought the album. Can't find it anywhere! :) Any suggestions? It's not Misanthrope or Penumbra... I got that far. :)

Thanks!!

AndromedaVessel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:38 pm 

Negakinu wrote:
A vague memory of a French (??? Swiss?) band from the late-nineties. Symphonic gothic/death metal with an avant-garde feel. Lyrics in English but the vocalist had an obvious French accent. A concept album about something historical; I want to say Jack the Ripper, but I don't think that was it. Musketeers? Hahaha, I don't know. Something a bit goofy. Very theatrical, with colourful artwork. I remember the colours white, green and purple with an illustrated character on the cover. Not a demo, but a full blown release that was properly distributed. I read a review about it in Dutch magazine Aardschok and bought the album. Can't find it anywhere! :) Any suggestions? It's not Misanthrope or Penumbra... I got that far. :)

Thanks!!

Did an Advanced Search with French-speaking countries and came across this one, from Belgium, is this it? The lyrics doesn't seem to be conceptual at first glance, but the cover seems to fit your description.
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/O ... e_Are/8505

shade1
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:23 pm 

Hi, I am searching for the black metal band that I would like to listen to again, I never knew their name, but their first song just
stuck in my mind, so I've recorded a bit of it's intro by my memory in hope someone would recognize it.

You can listen to it through my dropbox. Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8913shj98zvh ... 2.mp3?dl=0

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:53 pm 

shade1 wrote:
Hi, I am searching for the black metal band that I would like to listen to again, I never knew their name, but their first song just
stuck in my mind, so I've recorded a bit of it's intro by my memory in hope someone would recognize it.

I don't know what this is, but it's beautiful. Sorry I can't help.

blackmantram
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:32 am 

shade1 wrote:

That's Nordstjärnans tidsålder by Manegarm.
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/M ... 5lder/2622
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik9za7MmBQE

(Astounding memory BTW, did you play that right out of your mind after listening to the song just once? Impressive)

shade1
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:18 am 

blackmantram wrote:
shade1 wrote:

That's Nordstjärnans tidsålder by Manegarm.
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/M ... 5lder/2622
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik9za7MmBQE

(Astounding memory BTW, did you play that right out of your mind after listening to the song just once? Impressive)

damn, you found it. I don't know what to say really, thank you so much man. I can't believe I'll listen to it again and the full album itself. That was 2006 or something the last time I heard it. Yeah I was trying to recreate the song from memory, I heard it not just once though, however the record was lost many years ago, and now I'm so lucky to find it. Thanks again.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:18 am 

I really liked your version, shade1. :) I'm afraid the original didn't do it justice!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 48  Next