Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
gigel2006
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:47 pm 

Garyuu wrote:
Does anyone know the songs in this video?
http://youtu.be/F_AjbimQ6us

#1. Taake - Over Björgvin Gråter Himmerik - Part VI
#2. Diabolical Masquerade - The Phantom Lodge - Cloaked By The Moonshine Mist

Garyuu
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:29 am 

Thanks so much! You're awesome!

~Guest 279571
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:04 am 

Can anyone help me identify this (black metal?) song that plays in between 04:54 and 09:06?
(Clip from Spinefarm Summer camp, guys from Finntroll, Swallow the Sun, Shining etc... are listening to it)
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/15935861

...been bugging me for a while :panda: Sound quality is not the best, so can't google for lyrics or anything like that.
But I hope someone could recognize the song from that clip.

thanks in advance!

ThanatosUK
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:34 pm 

8tung wrote:
Can anyone help me identify this (black metal?) song that plays in between 04:54 and 09:06?

It's The Cotton Optic by Code. Great band.

NNeverland
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:04 am 

Can anyone please figure out the lyrics of Dark Tales by Deathrow?

vengefulgoat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:18 am 

Kind of weird request... I remember listening to some black metal band, probably from France or US... it had raw but unusual production, especially on the drums IIRC. I listened from Youtube, and I recall the logo being red. The band had 1 or 2 albums out, with reviews on MA. That's all I recall

Scrafty
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:10 am 

Can anyone identify the song in this video? BIG ASS NIGGA ON A SCOOTER DRINKIN CAPRI SUN

And yes, I had to name what the video is, because it's too awesome.

I make electronic music.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:32 pm 

Nuke777 wrote:
"Sometime in 2006/2007 I don't exactly recollect, I heard a very heavy Thrashy/Death kinda song titled "Nausea" and I heard it only once. It sounded old school as hell which I absolutely loved. I can't even remember if it was their official website or some random metal blog that I found it in. But, I'm assuming the band name is "Nausea" too. Metal-archives doesn't have it. I loved the song very much when I first listened, I still do but it's nowhere to be found now. I've googled all over the internet for this particular song/band, could not find it. However, the closest I could find was a crust/thrash type of band called Nausea and another death metal song called Nausea sweet nausea by At the gates. It isn't that either.

Well here's how the chorus goes....theres like a very heavy crushing 3/4 drum beat with really thrashy guitars...and after every count you hear a very thrashy unison shout by the band members saying "NauseaaaaH!" it goes on throughout the entire chorus but then the verses I don't remember. I'd really appreciate if someone can help me find this band."

You asked this question in another thread, but I'll answer it in this one; so I hope you see this:

This video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXvIqz_PpfI
fits the description, is this it?
There is a punk band called "X" that has a song called Nausea, which is a bit faster paced than this, it could also have been a death metal cover version of that song.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:01 pm 

vengefulgoat wrote:
Kind of weird request... I remember listening to some black metal band, probably from France or US... it had raw but unusual production, especially on the drums IIRC. I listened from Youtube, and I recall the logo being red. The band had 1 or 2 albums out, with reviews on MA. That's all I recall

You really have to describe it a little more. How was the production raw and unusual, and what do you mean especially on drums? Raw and unusual production like in Walknut, or the original Under the Sign of Hell, or Lustre, or what?

vengefulgoat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:34 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
vengefulgoat wrote:

You really have to describe it a little more. How was the production raw and unusual, and what do you mean especially on drums? Raw and unusual production like in Walknut, or the original Under the Sign of Hell, or Lustre, or what?

Yeah, hard request I know... I was browsing through youtube and I think it was in related videos or something and accidentally turned off browser after just a few minutes of listening. The production wasn't that typical raw bm, iirc the thing that was most unusual were drums.
I recall the band having 1-word name, and their stuff being post-2005 (or post 2000-at least)

HamburgerBoy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:10 am 

Not a song, but since I didn't want to create a thread for a simple request, does anyone know the name of a certain Cynic-worshipping Central/Eastern European death metal band from the mid/late 90's, which released an album (debut IIRC) with cover art of a photo of a shark being killed by hunters? The album title had a typo in it as well, IIRC. I've read about this album/band multiple times and have no idea why I'm having such a hard time finding it this time.

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:20 am 

HamburgerBoy wrote:
Not a song, but since I didn't want to create a thread for a simple request, does anyone know the name of a certain Cynic-worshipping Central/Eastern European death metal band from the mid/late 90's, which released an album (debut IIRC) with cover art of a photo of a shark being killed by hunters? The album title had a typo in it as well, IIRC. I've read about this album/band multiple times and have no idea why I'm having such a hard time finding it this time.

This one? Czech band Pessimist?

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Pe ... ace/170390

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:31 pm 

That's a whale... :(

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:57 am 

Napero wrote:

Yeah, but it's spot on: 1. Cynic-worship, 2. Eastern/Central Europe, 3. late 90's, 4. debut album, 5. (intended-) spelling mistake in album title.

Can you come any closer? :-D

MorkVa
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:58 am 

Guys, tell me, wtf is this?

http://rghost.ru/36158969

or

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7j9ku3

track of 2002 year

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:55 am 

I'm looking for a Chinese black metal band. It was a one-man project I believe, and he had put out a few demos and at least one full length. The music was fairly raw. Sounded a lot like Burzum at times. One of the demos or releases was called and contained a song with something to the effect of "I dont eat dogs." It was something like that making fun of the stereotype. I believe I also recall a few of the songs having to do with zombies/cannibals as well. That seemed to be a prominent theme.....

Anyways, Ive tried all possible combination of advanced searches I could think of on MA but I cant find the bands page. I do remember they were definitely on the site, though.

EDIT: And of course it's been about a month of me trying to periodically figure out their name and within minutes of me posting this I found them again. The project is Ululate.

Scapegoat
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:36 pm 

Reposted from another thread. thought i might have more luck here:

So I've been searching for a gojira song for about an hour now and I can't seem to find it...

I recall it starting with an extended tribal drum intro and then the bass joining in before the guitars and vocals. This song sounded to me very similar to something tool would do (at least in the first half.) I also remember it being a longer song (7-9 minute range.)

Unfortunately, I've been unable to find the song that fits these criteria. I thought "the art of dying" might be it, but I remember the song being mellowed out for several minutes..Perhaps I'm remembering some details wrong?

Kind of an overly specific recommendation thread, but i'm out of ideas to find this song. Any help appreciated!

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:29 pm 

I'm still looking for a certain song...

I found it using a warez program called WinMX back in 2003 when St. Anger was released; I tried to download the song Frantic and got this instead (and went quite long believing it was actually Frantic!). The song was from four to five minutes in length, and began with an intro of downtuned, highly overdriven guitars in a chord progression equivalent to C - Em. I can't remember much of it, other than that there was also a second guitar which had some tremolo-effect, clean sound, and it played long chords in the background. The atmosphere was as melancholic as C - Em allows. The song was quite simple, and I recall it became gradually louder as in a post-rock song.

The rhythm was 4/4, with thirds accented. ta ta ta ta | ta ta ta ta | ta ta ta ta | ta ta ta ta | ...

gradymayhem
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:24 am 

This is more of an album request than a song request. The album came out between 2007 and 2009. I'd call it symphonic/technical/progressive (it has sprinklings of each) death metal. The cover is mostly blue with some kind of kraken/sea creature thing. There are waaayyy too many songs on it (like 17 or so) and most of them are really short. There are a few regular length songs. One of the songs was featured on Terrorizer's compilation cd for their 168th issue, I think. It may have been on a Metal Hammer compilation form the same time period (2008 or so). Thanks in advance.

Note: It's NOT Fleshgod Apocalypse's "Mafia" although the cover art is kinda similar.
We'll bathe tonight
Post metal on my facebook! http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/prof ... 1698891497 I'm formerly defyexistance btw

gradymayhem
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:53 pm 

I figured it out, thanks anyways if anyone put effort into it. It was Apocalyptic Visions- leave None Living
We'll bathe tonight
Post metal on my facebook! http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/prof ... 1698891497 I'm formerly defyexistance btw

HamburgerBoy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:13 am 

Helvede wrote:
Napero wrote:

Yeah, but it's spot on: 1. Cynic-worship, 2. Eastern/Central Europe, 3. late 90's, 4. debut album, 5. (intended-) spelling mistake in album title.

Can you come any closer? :-D

That's it, thanks! Been driving me crazy for months.

jerk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:16 am 

Kind of an odd request, but here goes.

This was an album I saw in a metal shop in Singapore a few weeks ago (used to be called "Hell's Labyrinth", but it changed its name - don't remember what to). The cover was mostly sepia and brown-toned, and it had a floating Viking-ish head with holes for eyes that had a waterfall of... something, I couldn't tell what, could be water, could be hair... coming out of them. (I said "I don't want to touch that in case I catch body horror". Thank you for providing my jokes Ashens.) I remember that the album title began with an F, it was one word, and it was something Scandinavian-sounding - "Frysnak" or "Fastyrk" or something like that. So it was probably Viking metal. Anybody know of something like this?

CrueltyJuggernaut
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:51 pm 

jerk wrote:
Kind of an odd request, but here goes.

This was an album I saw in a metal shop in Singapore a few weeks ago (used to be called "Hell's Labyrinth", but it changed its name - don't remember what to). The cover was mostly sepia and brown-toned, and it had a floating Viking-ish head with holes for eyes that had a waterfall of... something, I couldn't tell what, could be water, could be hair... coming out of them. (I said "I don't want to touch that in case I catch body horror". Thank you for providing my jokes Ashens.) I remember that the album title began with an F, it was one word, and it was something Scandinavian-sounding - "Frysnak" or "Fastyrk" or something like that. So it was probably Viking metal. Anybody know of something like this?

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Fyrnask/3540316656

kale100
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:46 pm 

I have a bit of an unconventional request. An online radio station I listen to occassionally has a song that is greatly skewed from it's original form by some effect(s), whether intentional or not. I finally decided to record one of these the other day. I put it up on youtube and was wondering if anyone could tell me what effects are applied to the original to create this? The band is Mythos Nord in this case, but I've heard it done to Amon Amarth and a few other bands I don't particularly like to remember their names.

Well here's the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfaDMiHtZc0

korgull
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:29 pm 

Sounds like a "bit crusher" effect which can be used to reduce the audio's bit rate and make it sound noisy and severely clipped/distorted.

http://documentation.apple.com/en/logic ... tasks=true

Gummetje
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:41 pm 

I'm looking for this death metal band of which I only remember a few loose things about one EP by them.

I remember an animal skull on the cover or CD, maybe it was of a goat, ram or bull. There was a lot of white and the EP had four tracks on it. There was something like "the four", "awakening" and "priests" on the tracklist. One track had a lyric in it that something like this: "And-to-think-that-we-have-only just be-guu-uun". There were 2 vocalists, one lead singer and a backing vocalist. The vocals were kind of shouting, little grunting involved I thought. Maybe a little hardcore-ish at times.

kale100
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:28 am 

Korgull - Thanks for the help. I downloaded and tried 3 vst bitcrushers. I gave it an hour or two of effort but can't come up with anything similar. Whatever I was experimenting with though, pitchshifting defnitely helped. Maybe I just got some crappy plugins? Know of any good ones?

korgull
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:54 pm 

Sorry, I can't recommend anything specific because I've only used the ones installed in my old Roland digital 8-track recorder. I just know I can get that same sort of harsh, grainy, noisy distortion with it. Some really extreme sounds were possible when dropping it down to around 1 bit and cranking up the gain. Haven't used it in a while, so I forget what all the parameters and settings are, but I've used it on recordings in the past and gotten results similar to what I think I'm hearing in the song that was posted.

It does sound like there is also some pitch-shifting going on in that song you posted.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:26 am 

Does anyone know the name of the song that is played at 0:57:40 in Untill The Light Takes Us all?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NScR9AjQUE

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:10 pm 

vengefulgoat wrote:
Yeah, hard request I know... I was browsing through youtube and I think it was in related videos or something and accidentally turned off browser after just a few minutes of listening. The production wasn't that typical raw bm, iirc the thing that was most unusual were drums.
I recall the band having 1-word name, and their stuff being post-2005 (or post 2000-at least)

Koldbrann?

juusokult
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:44 am 

henkkjelle wrote:
Does anyone know the name of the song that is played at 0:57:40 in Untill The Light Takes Us all?

Thorns - Stellar Master Elite
All the songs are listed below when you click the "see more" or "view more" (not sure how it is written as my youtube is in finnish).

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:33 pm 

juusokult wrote:
henkkjelle wrote:

Thorns - Stellar Master Elite
All the songs are listed below when you click the "see more" or "view more" (not sure how it is written as my youtube is in finnish).

*checks video again, clicks show more, feels like a complete idiot*

Thanks though. :lol:

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:43 am 

Looking for a death/thrash album with a black reaper man figure on yellow background in the album cover. I recall the band being Swedish, but it might've been American. I'm pretty sure the band name started with the letters "ex". Not Exmortus.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:14 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Looking for a death/thrash album with a black reaper man figure on yellow background in the album cover. I recall the band being Swedish, but it might've been American. I'm pretty sure the band name started with the letters "ex". Not Exmortus.

Excoriate?

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ex ... .../227121

Not Swedish though.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:52 pm 

Yep, that's it. I used advanced search to find death/thrash with "ex*" for band name (didn't put any country there) and clicked every name that seemed possible, and yet somehow managed to miss Excoriate. Well, thanks. :thumbsup:

Schwilly666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:20 am 

http://www.mediafire.com/?mm5ep4dia84dr9u

anybody know this downloaded on napster back in 2000 or so. said it was cradle of filth (midian bonus track) but it's not sounds like something norweigian or something ompa keyboards but black metal screams. any ideas? Herzlieb - Scandinavia was the tag on it

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:46 am 

gcb1000 wrote:
Does anyone know the following Death Metal song from early 90s - I'm trying to find the artist.
I think the name of the song was "On a Tombstone" and that lyric plus the lyric "memories of mother" where in the song.
I heard the song on a Compilation but no longer have the compilation.
I've tried searching for it but have been unable to find anything out.

This may be a bit of a late reply, but this is the fantastic "Headstone" by UK Doom/Death group Chorus of Ruin. The compilation must have been the Deaf Metal sampler.

gcb1000
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:48 am 

balbulus wrote:
gcb1000 wrote:
Does anyone know the following Death Metal song from early 90s - I'm trying to find the artist.
I think the name of the song was "On a Tombstone" and that lyric plus the lyric "memories of mother" where in the song.
I heard the song on a Compilation but no longer have the compilation.
I've tried searching for it but have been unable to find anything out.

This may be a bit of a late reply, but this is the fantastic "Headstone" by UK Doom/Death group Chorus of Ruin. The compilation must have been the Deaf Metal sampler.

Thanks man, that's the song - I thought I would never find it! It's on youtube and I can find it now that I have the right words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVE-13PySJc

Burning Sinner
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:35 am 

Album/band ID please...

The album cover is a drawing of a beach with people baking in the sun, seemingly enjoying themselves. There is toxic waste... radioactive iirc... I listened to this on youtube awhile back, (in full or part) enjoyed it, but I'll be damned if I can remember what it was. I think it's from the 80s. I don't remember the genre... possibly old school death metal... but maybe it was heavy metal? It was a band that is fairly well known, or at least one I had heard of. I seem to recall the lyrical theme was consistent with the cover art.

ID would be much appreciated.

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:37 am 

Burning Sinner wrote:
Album/band ID please...

The album cover is a drawing of a beach with people baking in the sun, seemingly enjoying themselves. There is toxic waste... radioactive iirc... I listened to this on youtube awhile back, (in full or part) enjoyed it, but I'll be damned if I can remember what it was.(...)

Maybe Evildead's "Annihilation of Civilization"?

This: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ev ... ation/4336

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 48  Next