Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
thereflectingskin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:51 am 

Okay, so this one is only adjacent to metal, but hopefully it's still okay to post here. But I'm trying to remember this dark ambient artist from like the early/mid 90s that I think were closely related to the Norwegian (I think?) black metal scene, so much so, that I thought I remember them being on the archives, but after doing some searching, I can't find anything.

I think the name started with "A", but I'm not sure. I seem to remember their most significant album (the one I had) was very hard to find for a while and then got reissued in like 08-09 or something, which is how I got it. Anyway, hopefully someone here knows, thanks!

coupdebleus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:26 am 

Mortiis, perhaps?

thereflectingskin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:25 pm 

No, not Mortiis. It was, iirc, much more like just regular dark ambient in sound, not like a dungeon synth sorta thing.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:03 pm 

Do you happen to remember what was the cover like?
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

thereflectingskin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:26 pm 

Unfortunately, I don't really. I think it had a black and white color scheme but I can't really remember (I mean, seems like a good bet in any case lol). I don't think this act released much music; this album may have been their only one.

thereflectingskin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:30 pm 

Oh just remembered! It's Aghast's Hexerei Im Zwielicht Der Finsternis

Winterfell11
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:00 am 

https://youtu.be/zHfBcY5AVPA
Can anyone helps me to identify those band? Thanks

Rowolta
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:58 am 

Winterfell11 wrote:
https://youtu.be/zHfBcY5AVPA
Can anyone helps me to identify those band? Thanks

Try with Google image search: https://www.google.com/imghp?hl=EN
First one is Ultor - https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ultor/20768

poffo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:22 am 

coupdebleus wrote:
Here's a request for the most hardened of veterans; one so difficult that, even knowing the name, I can't find the band:

It was called . (with a clarifying (dot) besides it, IIRC)
The genre was drone/funeral doom metal
Likely from Russia, though it might have been another Slavic country
Around the myspace and lastfm era
99% sure it was a solo project

No, it's not the Japanese sludge band listed here on the archives.

Could it be this dude, previously known as dot?

coupdebleus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:13 pm 

Holy shit, I can't believe it. It is! Thank you so much for your help. Now begins the odyssey of getting the music itself.

NARAKU666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:11 pm 

Not sure if this belongs here but My gf bought me a hat with this metal looking logo from Shein. I'm almost sure this is a Made up band but who knows, maybe is a real band and they might sound great (yes, i tried reverse image search and nothing)

https://m.shein.com.mx/Gorra-de-b%C3%A9 ... ir&ret=mmx

https://www.facebook.com/KothRising

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:57 am 

Anyone recognize the center logo?

Spoiler: show

Of_This_Night36
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:46 pm 

1) Answering someone else
NARAKU666 wrote:
Not sure if this belongs here but My gf bought me a hat with this metal looking logo from Shein. I'm almost sure this is a Made up band but who knows, maybe is a real band and they might sound great (yes, i tried reverse image search and nothing)

Ruthlessness.

2) A band I can't remember
Black / folk metal from a European country. As of 2021 had only released one demo/EP. It was on Bandcamp and had either 3 or 4 songs. No more, no less. It was a full band, not a one-man project. The first song was an intro, but the other songs had vocals/lyrics. I'm not certain about the artwork. In my head, it's just the band logo on a generic background. Black or maybe very dark green.
Annihilated Pentagram Productions - Kvlt unblack for dark hearts and the left-hand path, not the saved (Luke 5:32). Several releases are free download.
Christ is Lord, there is no other. 2 Peter 3:9, John 14:1-3, Revelation 20:10, Revelation 22:20

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:42 pm 

Demo cassette from about 15 years ago. Pretty neat. Sounded like BAB era Cannibal Corpse worship. Band name could've been a CC reference.

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:06 am 

Hoping someone can help me remember a band/song/album I came across about a half-year ago - for some reason it's not showing up in my YouTube watch history.

- The album cover was sort of green-ish, maybe a turquoise-green (similar to Dusk And Her Embrace, but it's not Cradle Of Filth). It may have had a girl's face on the front, but see through and buried within trees

- The band was primarily a solo project (I think with 1 other member on vocals only), only 1 (2?) albums, status either on hold or unknown, but this album is considered a sort of cult classic

- Genre is doom (death/doom? folk/doom?), but the intro of the album I remember being fucking beautiful. Classical guitar? Piano? Harp? It's escaping me

I know this might not be much to go off of, but would be ultra appreciative of anyone who can help me out!

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:44 pm 

Could it be Estatic Fear? It seems to match on all counts: genre, album cover, classical guitar/lute intros, number of albums, 2nd album was more of a solo project.

https://youtube.com/channel/UCmhi6yBIaYd2z0I33oYE6nA

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:58 pm 

balbulus wrote:
Could it be Estatic Fear? It seems to match on all counts: genre, album cover, classical guitar/lute intros, number of albums, 2nd album was more of a solo project.

https://youtube.com/channel/UCmhi6yBIaYd2z0I33oYE6nA

50 BAJILLION POINTS TO YOU MY GOOD LAD - THAT'S THE ONE! HUZZAH!! HUZZAH!! HUZZAH!!

EDIT: Saved it in like 4 playlists across multiple YouTube accounts so that I NEVER forget it again!

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:00 pm 

FLIPPITYFLOOP wrote:
50 BAJILLION POINTS TO YOU MY GOOD LAD - THAT'S THE ONE! HUZZAH!! HUZZAH!! HUZZAH!!

Excellent! My work here is done.

MetallisticMan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:47 pm 

Can someone tell me who made this song?
https://voca.ro/1mHjMVEyttpG

The Bard with Bright Eyes
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:07 pm 

MetallisticMan wrote:
Can someone tell me who made this song?
https://voca.ro/1mHjMVEyttpG

The vocalist sounds a lot like Tim Baker of Cirith Ungol.

I hope not

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:51 pm 

Back in 2006-08 I used to listen to this Power metal song (female voice) that I can't remember for the life of me. All I can recall are a couple of lyrics which were something like:

Kings will be kings, tomorrow, who will know?

I've been waiting for this moment all my life, now the time has come for me to go

And the prophecies will be true, yeah

Please help me

grenkl
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:04 am 

Ok so this isnt a song identification but I need help identifying a band I can't recall the name of or the album name... The only thing I can remember is I liked it alot and thought I saved it on my bandcamp wish list but it turns out I didn't. It was a death metal band and the album cover was a scenery made from raw meat that had a knight riding a horse. It was released in the past 4 years I think. You'd think google searches would pull something up but... No. Help this meathead find piece!

Slam_Grinder
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:21 pm 

Hello, I wanted to show my relatives that extremely long track, but I can't remember the name anymore. I thought something like greatest show on Earth or so. The track was over 8 hours long if I remember correctly. I also remember that someone wrote a review here about it, but I can't remember the artist and the name of this track.

I'd be happy, if someone knows the name.

macabresleazoid
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:13 am 

I've been trying to look for this song for months it starts around the 0:42 mark

https://youtu.be/00cm7NVEXRE

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:12 am 

Slam_Grinder wrote:
Hello, I wanted to show my relatives that extremely long track, but I can't remember the name anymore. I thought something like greatest show on Earth or so. The track was over 8 hours long if I remember correctly. I also remember that someone wrote a review here about it, but I can't remember the artist and the name of this track.

I'd be happy, if someone knows the name.

Are you thinking of Sabazius - The Descent of Man? 11 hours.

Ezadara
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:57 am 

I'm trying real hard to remember the name of a black metal band I heard way back, but I don't have much to go on. I know it was a Russian band, and on this particular album I'm thinking of it had symphonic elements with pretty liberal use of keyboards. The vocals were standard issue raspy/shrill screams, not very strong, with occasional use of death growls. I don't remember exactly what the album cover depicted but it was dark blue and it might have been a depiction of a river in winter or something to that effect; I think there was also a dragon/drake in flight depicted somewhere on the cover as well.

I realize this isn't very helpful and I may try to do a crappy recording of what I remember the first song on the album going like, but hopefully something here rings a bell for somebody.

Last edited by Ezadara on Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paka01
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:10 am 

Help me with this one, guys.
There was a black metal band which had an album with space/cosmic lyrical themes. If I remember correctly, album artwork showed cosmos and stars in the sky. First song on the album didn't had any black metal singing, but it featured narrator speaking about history of universe, I think from the Big Bang to the emergence of life on Earth.

Any idea what I'm talking about?

coupdebleus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:32 pm 

Maybe Midnight Odyssey’s Shards Of Silver Fade?

Paka01
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:05 pm 

coupdebleus wrote:
Maybe Midnight Odyssey’s Shards Of Silver Fade?

It's not it :-/

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:11 am 

can anyone name this band? https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1062883271063002 i'm not trolling... :D

99% they're american from pittsburgh, new jersey or detroit...

Necrodictator
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:26 pm 

What was the band/song where in the mid the singer (possibly with backing vocals) is repeating "Sa-cri-fi-cial pro-phe-cy" several times? Maybe not "prophecy", but AFAIR the word caontained 3 syllabes.

figured out it was "Invalid Existence"

Last edited by Necrodictator on Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pincushion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:56 am 

aloof wrote:
can anyone name this band? https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1062883271063002 i'm not trolling... :D

99% they're american from pittsburgh, new jersey or detroit...

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Gr ... 3540475299

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:11 pm 

thank you so much :)

Cthimothy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:41 pm 

Black Metal (possibly folk?) album cover; medieval-style(ish) woodcut artwork, black on pale grey/beige, depicting trees in a wood, with a hanged priest in the foreground, from the shoulders up, tongue out. Possibly a couple of figures in the background.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:20 pm 

Cthimothy wrote:
Black Metal (possibly folk?) album cover; medieval-style(ish) woodcut artwork, black on pale grey/beige, depicting trees in a wood, with a hanged priest in the foreground, from the shoulders up, tongue out. Possibly a couple of figures in the background.

This? https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/A ... gagud/6921

Cthimothy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:23 am 

Thanks for the suggestion, and a great cover, but not that one. The one I'm trying to find is stylised black ink lines/woodcut on a beige/grey background.

MutantClannfear wrote:
Cthimothy wrote:

This? https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/A ... gagud/6921

Gogerl
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:24 pm 

Ezadara wrote:
I'm trying real hard to remember the name of a black metal band I heard way back, but I don't have much to go on. I know it was a Russian band, and on this particular album I'm thinking of it had symphonic elements with pretty liberal use of keyboards. The vocals were standard issue raspy/shrill screams, not very strong, with occasional use of death growls. I don't remember exactly what the album cover depicted but it was dark blue and it might have been a depiction of a river in winter or something to that effect; I think there was also a dragon/drake in flight depicted somewhere on the cover as well.

I realize this isn't very helpful and I may try to do a crappy recording of what I remember the first song on the album going like, but hopefully something here rings a bell for somebody.

Rossomahaar?

Cover does not match your description 100%, but I immediately had to think of them reading your description.

metallos
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:08 am 

Hello!

I am trying to remember a metal group that played some kind of gothic/depressive etc black metal. I think they were from France.

Unfortunately, I search the groups database by choosing both country and genre.

Is there any way to manage to identify them?

I think it had 'O' or 'Omega' or some non standard word in it but I may not remember correctly! It should be around more than a decade!

Thanks!

FrostOfTheBlack
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:18 pm 

metallos wrote:
Hello!

I am trying to remember a metal group that played some kind of gothic/depressive etc black metal. I think they were from France.

Unfortunately, I search the groups database by choosing both country and genre.

Is there any way to manage to identify them?

I think it had 'O' or 'Omega' or some non standard word in it but I may not remember correctly! It should be around more than a decade!

Thanks!

Deathspell Omega?

Not really gothic/depressive but they are experimental/avante garde black metal.

Planetary_Misfortune
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:58 pm 

Could it be Crystalium's Dixtat Omega? They're French.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next