Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:01 am 

Blackheart_Sauron wrote:
Blackheart_Sauron wrote:
I know for sure three things:
- This band is from Poland
- This song is from around 1998-1999
- The song title is "First"
Also as far as I remember radio host said that this band is called something like Syndicate - but I'm not 100% sure about that

Can anyone help me id this band?

Anyone? No polish metal fans here?

This appears to be what you're looking for:
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album ... ver_heels/

Blackheart_Sauron
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:10 pm 

Pincushion wrote:
Spoiler: show
Blackheart_Sauron wrote:
Blackheart_Sauron wrote:
I know for sure three things:
- This band is from Poland
- This song is from around 1998-1999
- The song title is "First"
Also as far as I remember radio host said that this band is called something like Syndicate - but I'm not 100% sure about that

Can anyone help me id this band?

Anyone? No polish metal fans here?

This appears to be what you're looking for:
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album ... ver_heels/

Not sure how to check since I can't find any of their music online right now, but the year, the country and the title of the song and the band - all checks out.
Thanks a ton!

Fulano
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:43 pm 

I downloaded Helstar's Nosferatu many years ago and at some point I lost that file. Well, every version of it that I found since sounds slightly different from that one I listented to before, specially the vocals, specially some songs (like Harker's Tale).

Does anyone know what I'm talking about here?

rickhxc
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:53 am 

i need to find a band that has an album wich in its album cover there is a priest and an altar boy is giving him a bj and both are being shot by someone with a shotgun

Earthshine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:51 pm 

Can anyone remember a music video where the singer was headbanging with his arms outstretched, almost like T pose? I think the band was most likely deathcore or metal core. Sometimes I remember it and chuckle but I can’t remember the video name.

HomocidalCanineK9
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:44 am 

I'm looking for a popular 90s (thrash?) album. The cover is a painting of camera-facing warship and the whole thing has a reddish-orange color scheme. I thought it was a DRI album but apparently not lol

sorry I'm a moron it is a DRI album -- full speed ahead

Kommanderhooyah
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:35 am 

Earthshine wrote:
Can anyone remember a music video where the singer was headbanging with his arms outstretched, almost like T pose? I think the band was most likely deathcore or metal core. Sometimes I remember it and chuckle but I can’t remember the video name.

This was the first thing which came to mind for me. https://youtu.be/6gDh_dFrMGw

enjoyer
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:38 pm 

Hi, I have been looking through my parents tapes, and stumbled upon unlabeled tapes that I have zero clue what they are.

Any help is appreciatied.

Thornium2002
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:22 pm 

enjoyer wrote:
Hi, I have been looking through my parents tapes, and stumbled upon unlabeled tapes that I have zero clue what they are.

Any help is appreciatied.

The first song is from Torchure:

Nr. 5 is Enslaved:

OCD means Death
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:40 am 

Some descriptions of album covers. I want to know what bands they belong to. They are all Depressive black metal/ABM or at least black metal.

1. A man hanged on tree, but not a tall tree. Color of the cover is black N white iirc. Seems the band is from Mexico. Not Sterbend definetly.
2. 3 people slept in their respective beds in sleeping berth train. They looked diseased or sick.
3. Forest and plain. Looks like the cover of March 2006 version of TheStarsAreDeadNow from Coldworld (https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/C ... Now/431613) But it looks like a painting not photo.

edit:
I found all of them.
First one is Fullmoon dweller's demo
Second one is from Deathrow(Italy)
Third one is from a Deutsch band named Idisenfluch

Last edited by OCD means Death on Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SlvrSrfr
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:02 pm 

OK pplz, so this might be a tough one. So, there is/was this power metal band who released an album sometime over 10 years ago. They're Latin in descent I believe but sang in English. On their album, there was a song somewhere in the middle that basically blatantly ripped off the melody of Castlevania - Bloody Tears. The song itself was not called Bloody Tears & they didn't give it the credit. They basically just plagiarized it. It was such an amazing song though & the entire album was good IIRC. For the love of satan, please help!

jeffthepirate
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:30 am 

hey, can anybody help me find some information about this band https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4_hAqiTy9o

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:49 pm 

Desperate to find this one...

There is a band (I think American?) that released one black metal album then various experimental albums after. The first album had (I think) 3 fairly long songs of atmospheric black metal. The following albums jumped between a bunch of different non-metal genres. They were open about the use of psychedelics and/or drugs. I think the main guy behind the project is a photojournalist or something? Can't remember the project's name, would appreciate any help.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:30 am 

ThePoop wrote:

There is a band (I think American?) that released one black metal album then various experimental albums after. The first album had (I think) 3 fairly long songs of atmospheric black metal. The following albums jumped between a bunch of different non-metal genres. They were open about the use of psychedelics and/or drugs. I think the main guy behind the project is a photojournalist or something? Can't remember the project's name, would appreciate any help.

Velvet Cacoon, maybe?
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:12 pm 

OpsiusCato wrote:
ThePoop wrote:

Velvet Cacoon, maybe?

After several attempts at throwing everything I could into the fields of the MA advanced search I was able to find the band. It was Ossein. Good thought with Velvet Cacoon, my first attempt at finding the band was looking through Velvet Cacoon's similar artists tab.

Now that I've found them, to anyone reading, check out Ossein's album 'Declination.' It's a real unique and interesting piece of american black metal and still holds up after I've reacquainted myself with it after a decade +

~Guest 1215937
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:14 am 

Last edited by ~Guest 1215937 on Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pincushion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:33 pm 

thenoontide wrote:
Does anybody know where the samples from the Mortem interlude "The Witch" (from "De Natura Daemonum") are from?

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:17 pm 

There was a band that I heard not too long ago that seemed to mix thrash metal with noise rock and made use of strange, noisy chords.

Their name completley escapes me right now, but I think they're a more recent band. I know they also had a music video for one of their songs that was really wacky and out there. I know it's not much to go off of, but that's all i've got lol.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:09 pm 

that^^ describes Voivod down to a tee :D

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:38 pm 

aloof wrote:
that^^ describes Voivod down to a tee :D

I figured that description would fit Voivod, but its not them. This band is much more recent and doesn't have the jazz/prog side that Voivod has. This band is influenced by straight up noise rock/noisecore and almost had a crossover-esque sound. I also remember this band having some longer songs that were atypical of a crossover act.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:21 am 

I know the band, Metallica. I am looking for a particular show from the 90s. It was on MTV and they took requests from members of the audience. From what I remember, I believe it was live. It kept getting interrupted by commercials, sometimes in the middle of a song. Has anyone else seen this, or remember it? Is there anyone that knows where I can see it online? I have not been able to find it on youtube, or online.

Radulfr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:29 pm 

Can anyone recognize the song used in the intro of this video? It's some sort of symphonic metal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_ypi6dqEcM

I already looked through all the comments, but no answers

Seto
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:04 am 

Radulfr wrote:
Can anyone recognize the song used in the intro of this video? It's some sort of symphonic metal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_ypi6dqEcM

I already looked through all the comments, but no answers

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vinesauce/

You'd be better off asking his subReddit for that, I think. It sounds generic as heck to me, be surprised if it's a song by a band on here.

dinosaurs_can_fly
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:09 pm 

Hi, I know the name of the band and the album, I just need to know where I can hear it, because I only find it on Myspace and yah... everyone knows what happened there. So the band is called Symphony of Hate (https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Sy ... 3540324101), they are from Italy and released a demo in 2008. The demo is viewable in Myspace (https://myspace.com/symphonyofhate2/music/songs), but not available to listen. I don't believe I'll find a way to ear it but oh well...

interstellar_medium
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:05 am 

^Have you tried searching here?
http://lostmyspace.com/

MickeyMoe
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:46 pm 

I need help with a band/song I recently heard on serius XM (liquid metal I believe).

The main thing I remember is that the song sounded influenced by Blood Stain Child. (Song Freedom.) Really stood out to me as it's a unique sound that you don't hear often on the radio.

Sorry I don't have anything more specific. I'm hoping this stood out to someone else. The song is recent as I don't recall hearing it before.

Thanks!!

Danny

(Hoping this isn't a double-post. I tried posting earlier but can't find it.)

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:03 pm 

Anyone recognize these:

Radulfr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:57 pm 

You could just read the ones on the right, I never heard about them but I found by just googling what's legible:
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Moss_upon_the_Skull/The_Scourge_of_Ages/585277
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Apostate/Trapped_in_a_Sleep/290621

No idea about the ones on the left though. Try doing a reverse image search on google

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:37 am 

Via RIS: Top left is Revocation - Deathless. Bottom left is Author & Punisher - Beastland.

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:37 am 

Thanks

LinusGuppy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:22 am 

rickhxc wrote:
i need to find a band that has an album wich in its album cover there is a priest and an altar boy is giving him a bj and both are being shot by someone with a shotgun

I believe you are thinking of Syphilic's "Toylets 'R' Us", my absolute favorite BDM band.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/S ... _Us/429659

weedgazm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:58 pm 

Hello, who knows what about the band Alalutu and their album Onda Skogen (1994). I can't find it anywhere, is there any information? https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/A ... gen/252957

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:29 am 

the demo itself is a collector's item. as a rip it's widely avaiable in most black metal groups...

Hernan96
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:57 pm 

Hello everyone,

I am looking for this song. It was used as the entrance music of pro wrestler Ravage at the event "Don't Eat the Black One", held by CHIKARA on March 19, 2005.

It shares similarities with "A Walk Thru the Woods" by Mortal Treason.

Best regards.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:47 am 

since you're not getting any replies, I'd like to note that the google drive link is not accessible, to me at least... :)

Hernan96
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:41 am 

aloof wrote:
since you're not getting any replies, I'd like to note that the google drive link is not accessible, to me at least... :)

Thanks for letting me know. I have uploaded it again, the player's not working but the download does. Would you mind try if it works? I have no problem to upload it on YT though.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:45 am 

both the player and the DL are working.

happy_mac
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:09 pm 

So I got a bootleg Marduk tape today (usually I don't collect bootlegs) and found out that on side B of the tape there is a Unknown band. https://we.tl/t-63cs44eRrg. <--- Here is a link with 50 seconds of the first song. I would be very thankful if you guys help me out.

Cheers,
happy_mac

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:26 am 

^^ the wetransfer link works if you copy/paste it and remove the dot at the end, but not if you click it.

happy mac, you'd be better off upping the song on youtube. on one side some people may not fancy downloading a file from a user with 1 post, on the other, youtube might identify the track for you :)

false_icon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:19 am 

Hello, does anyone know the band playing in that episode of the TV show "Wiseguy" (S02E13, first aired March 1, 1989):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuwJJKu ... pm_&t=739s
It looks like a legit thrash metal band, and as it was shot in Vancouver, I searched Canadian bands, but without success.
Thanks.
To separate art from entertainment doesn't make sense anymore.

my trade list

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 48  Next