Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Seto
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:51 pm 

Dr_Fiemost wrote:
The second one sounds like a prog rock band from the 70s. I'm interested too.

Think it's Invisible by Promethean.

https://prometheanfinland.bandcamp.com/track/invisible

hellhammer6661
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:54 pm 

Seto wrote:

This seems a bit obvious, but the top one is Boiling Blood by God Dethroned, isn't it? Maybe a demo version?

I thought in Carpathian Forest band ( Spill the blood of the lamb ´´ seems that style ) ´
This record in cassette audio sound ..........so nice . I deleted all my recorded audio cassette of the radio when I have them but this I will save.
I will paste here my answer I give you by youtube

´´´´Wuoo man how many years looking for this . Thanks , many thanks . I was looking for between discography of Black metal , a lot of disc listened with out no result I place this in forum asking for the band too. I know a song of them called Nocturnal but I thought they do melodic black metal . I read something and now I know they changed genere - death metal - black death metal - melodic death metal .´´´´

hellhammer6661
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:18 pm 

Seto wrote:
Dr_Fiemost wrote:
The second one sounds like a prog rock band from the 70s. I'm interested too.

Think it's Invisible by Promethean.

https://prometheanfinland.bandcamp.com/track/invisible

Some melody sound like a pagan dance of a movie .
I will paste my answer in youtube .
´´´´ That was fast , I remember in the radio it sounds only once, I was lucky to catch the melody in that moment. I remembered I listened all discography of Therion , Ancient Rites , Hollenthon and many more . That audio was waiting for you hear. many thanks´´´´

Dr_Fiemost
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:15 am 

hellhammer6661 wrote:
Seto wrote:

Some melody sound like a pagan dance of a movie .
I will paste my answer in youtube .
´´´´ That was fast , I remember in the radio it sounds only once, I was lucky to catch the melody in that moment. I remembered I listened all discography of Therion , Ancient Rites , Hollenthon and many more . That audio was waiting for you hear. many thanks´´´´

Wow, never heard of finnish prog rock. Thank you both, I've enjoyed this one.

ja_ja
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:01 am 

hey there, can you please help me and identify a group / album? i once clicked a suggested album on youtube (when i was listening some random metal albums) and i only remember the artwork :-)
- it was one of the heavier bands, high BPMs...
- artwork was a man head with some mechanical scifi background i guess there were some screws on side of this head. color was orange/brown-ish
- don't remember any part of band/album/song name, no text :-(
i know this is hard but i hope you'll help!

demonomania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:07 am 

Yellow and black art, grim reaper in the foreground, new old school death metal with a vocalist that sounds like MVD.

"Everyone welcome back the Hoffman brothers, a new beginning for great guitarists and people."

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:08 am 

demonomania wrote:
Yellow and black art, grim reaper in the foreground, new old school death metal with a vocalist that sounds like MVD.

Excoriate "On Pestilent Winds"?

vindfukk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:55 am 

vindfukk wrote:
a folk black band.
viking themes, and their logo has roots or something, maybe even their name is after a certain norse world, but I'm no very sure about that.
the easier part is that they currently release at a French label, which is active. You can guess I sifted the searches with that, but perhaps I didn't go through it with a fine tooth comb. on bandcamp, viking metal is one of their tags, it's how I found them

very good band, it's why it's bugging me

BUMP

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:06 am 

vindfukk wrote:
a folk black band.
viking themes, and their logo has roots or something, maybe even their name is after a certain norse world, but I'm no very sure about that.
the easier part is that they currently release at a French label, which is active. You can guess I sifted the searches with that, but perhaps I didn't go through it with a fine tooth comb. on bandcamp, viking metal is one of their tags, it's how I found them

very good band, it's why it's bugging me

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Yggdrasil/7716

demonomania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:51 pm 

balbulus wrote:
demonomania wrote:

Excoriate "On Pestilent Winds"?

Thank you!

"Everyone welcome back the Hoffman brothers, a new beginning for great guitarists and people."

Khan Vozdig
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:34 am 

I'm looking for the song that sounds exactly like ( if not is ) the Spanish version of " Fast and Loose " by Motorhead ...

IIRC some claim that Lemmy and Co. even went as far as ripping off this particular song themselves , since it was allegedly released before Ace of Spades was even heard of , but I may very well be mistaken on that count .

Oh and FWIW the band might actually be Portuguese/Brazilian/another Latin American nationality , all I can remember is that it definitely has some sort of connection to the Iberian Peninsula .

Fulano
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:33 am 

There was this death metal album. I remember that almost every track (maybe all of them) had some annoying intro with a narrator that sounded like that skeleton from Tales From the Crypt.

I believe the music was good so I'd like to check it out again.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:10 am 

^Old school death or more recent? That COULD be the first Messiah album from 1986 you are thinking of, but that's really quite old.

~Guest 1129985
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:15 am 

Fulano wrote:
There was this death metal album. I remember that almost every track (maybe all of them) had some annoying intro with a narrator that sounded like that skeleton from Tales From the Crypt.

Was it Resurrection's Embalmed Existence?

Fulano
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:46 am 

Death Mantra wrote:
Fulano wrote:

Was it Resurrection's Embalmed Existence?

YES!

The music is better than I remembered and the intros just as annoying, but hey, at least they ended up being useful.

Thanks a lot, man!

Fulano
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:51 am 

Oxenkiller wrote:
^Old school death or more recent? That COULD be the first Messiah album from 1986 you are thinking of, but that's really quite old.

I didn't catch your reply sooner. Death Mantra got it right, but thanks anyway, I appreciate it. In fact, I looked up that Messiah album. Cool stuff.

PrinceRhaegar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:37 pm 

Found this technical death metal band on Youtube. Normally one of my least favorite subgenres, but holy shit these guys absolutely blew me away.

They were modern tech death in the vein of The Faceless or Origin, except these guys had more black metal elements thrown into their sound (I know it wasn't Abigail Williams), and maybe a little progressive metalcore elements in the vein of BTBAM there too. Their album cover, sadly, looked like any of the thousands of mediocre tech death album covers released in the past decade; main color was a neon green and it looked like it had some kind of futuristic sci fi alien ship on there, spiky logo, the whole nine.

I hate the fact that this is probably gonna be the one thing that narrows it down, but their singer was black.

EDIT: Nevermind guys, it was Inferi. Honestly not as good as I remember them being, but they're definitely a shitload more musically interesting than most tech death bands out there, and they're all ridiculously talented musicians.
Does anyone know if PetWussy sports a mullet? I just saw a Pakistanni-looking guy with a ... Heavy Metal Parking Lot mullet. I was tempted to kick him to the ground whilst shouting: "THE YEARS OF DECAY RULES, DICKHEAD!"

MRmehman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:38 pm 

Hey everyone, I'm trying to remember a punk/black metal band mentioned on the MA forums a few years ago. Someone loved them so much, they made a thread to discuss their music and I meant to check them out but never did and soon forgot their name. From what I remember about how he described them, they played a kind of melodic, black metal/punk combo with keyboards. I think they were from France but I could be wrong about that.

I'm really eager to finally check them out. If anyone remembers the thread (and the band) or knows exactly what I'm talking about from the description alone, please shoot me a PM or reply to this. Thanks in advance!

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:48 am 

MRmehman wrote:
Hey everyone, I'm trying to remember a punk/black metal band mentioned on the MA forums a few years ago. Someone loved them so much, they made a thread to discuss their music and I meant to check them out but never did and soon forgot their name. From what I remember about how he described them, they played a kind of melodic, black metal/punk combo with keyboards. I think they were from France but I could be wrong about that.

I'm really eager to finally check them out. If anyone remembers the thread (and the band) or knows exactly what I'm talking about from the description alone, please shoot me a PM or reply to this. Thanks in advance!

Nuit Noire?

dzhohar3
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:34 pm 

Song name please

MRmehman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:52 pm 

MutantClannfear wrote:
MRmehman wrote:

Nuit Noire?

You beautiful man you! That's the exact band. I threw their name into the search function and found the thread again. Thank you so much!

fatih
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:32 am 

Hello,

I'm looking for a song that I was listening around 2009, it was probably one of the pagan bands, I will try to describe song and hopefully someone will figure it out.

Intro begins with some wave sounds probably a lake shore near a mountain or so, then a woman begins singing/chanting softly but without any music. After this a lightning strikes along with a stormy weather effect and the song begins.

It's mostly a melodic and instrumental song without much lyrics and the female vocal at the beginning keep singing occasionaly.

This was a beautiful song and I really want to listen to it again, decided to post here after hours of search but I can't find it.

Thank you so much for reading. Hopefully it will be identified.

in_the_sign_of_metal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:56 am 

I'm looking for a DSBM/black metal track which I want to say was by either Taake or Shining (though not necessarily). I don't remember much about it other than it had a very unique spoken word sample in it, where the voice talks about how: "there's a tunnel which stretches on for miles and miles" and how "you keep falling and falling, but it never has an end" or something like that. The quotes are not verbatim, but the general idea of a tunnel of darkness/despair stretching on eternally plays into it.

I'm really wanting to listen to this piece again because unlike some spoken word samples, this one was actually haunting and made me feel a tinge of despair; not to mention the piece itself was beautiful. Any help is appreciated!

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:59 pm 

in_the_sign_of_metal wrote:
I'm looking for a DSBM/black metal track which I want to say was by either Taake or Shining (though not necessarily). I don't remember much about it other than it had a very unique spoken word sample in it, where the voice talks about how: "there's a tunnel which stretches on for miles and miles" and how "you keep falling and falling, but it never has an end" or something like that. The quotes are not verbatim, but the general idea of a tunnel of darkness/despair stretching on eternally plays into it.

I'm really wanting to listen to this piece again because unlike some spoken word samples, this one was actually haunting and made me feel a tinge of despair; not to mention the piece itself was beautiful. Any help is appreciated!

I think that's an Impaled Nazarene track? Cant remember the song or album, I'll see if I can find it. From memory, it's a young woman or girl speaking it, with a northern English accent.

EDIT: found it, it's the last 15 seconds of "Violence I Crave", from the Latex Cult album.

in_the_sign_of_metal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:20 pm 

balbulus wrote:
I think that's an Impaled Nazarene track? Cant remember the song or album, I'll see if I can find it. From memory, it's a young woman or girl speaking it, with a northern English accent.

EDIT: found it, it's the last 15 seconds of "Violence I Crave", from the Latex Cult album.

A million thanks, dude! Not knowing where it was from had been bugging me for a LONG time.

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:53 pm 

Glad to help! You're right, it's a very striking piece, I always think about it whenever someone talks about near-death experiences on TV.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:57 am 

does anyone recognize this band? one of them looks like a dude from mindfunk but i'm not sure...

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:24 pm 

Years ago I stumbled upon this recent black/death metal band that played a very archaic style of black/death metal and now I'm trying to recall which one it is!

-Autothrall reviewed this debut album of them.

-I'm also sure that they were from a country that isn't known for its death or black metal.

-If my memory serves me well, the album came out between 2012 and 2016.

-Not sure about this one, but the album title probably wasn't an English one.

-Band photo was pretty fitting, if generic: faces were covered and the guys stood outside somewhere - it was a photo you'd probably expect out of guys who'd take their music (too)s serious.

EDIT: I actually think the score was higher than a 60%. Debut album was also kinda short (around 30 minutes)

ChildClownOutlet
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:46 pm 

I’m trying to find this one non metal song. It used to play everywhere. It sounded like Lenny kravitz or something and it was just with acoustic guitar. It sounded very down south and I think it was “baby don’t wanna” as the first part and that’s all I remember.

yagami312
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:41 am 

20 years looking for ...

What is this song, what is the band?
Retrieved from a K7 that I have had for a long time, I have already searched in several music recognition apps and none recognizes it.

I already searched Google and nothing.

Follow youtube link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv-NmoPL9WY

Anyone who knows if I can leave it in the comments, thank you very much, I remember that I recorded a VHS with millennial AMVs when there was not even Youtube.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:52 pm 

ChildClownOutlet wrote:
I’m trying to find this one non metal song. It used to play everywhere. It sounded like Lenny kravitz or something and it was just with acoustic guitar. It sounded very down south and I think it was “baby don’t wanna” as the first part and that’s all I remember.

do you mean Rag'n'Bone Man - Human https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3wKzyIN1yk ?

Newser
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:58 pm 

Who is the performer of this song? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpR2f6NsvY8&t=35s
It's a "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" variation, but no matter how much I've looked – I couldn't find this exact arrangement

Blackheart_Sauron
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:18 pm 

I know for sure three things:
- This band is from Poland
- This song is from around 1998-1999
- The song title is "First"
Also as far as I remember radio host said that this band is called something like Syndicate - but I'm not 100% sure about that

Can anyone help me id this band?

Blackheart_Sauron
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:06 pm 

Newser wrote:
Who is the performer of this song? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpR2f6NsvY8&t=35s
It's a "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" variation, but no matter how much I've looked – I couldn't find this exact arrangement

Ends up with carol of the bells
Might as well be an original performance made specifically for this video

LilTito
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 3:15 pm 

Help!!
I'm looking for a band that released an album in 2016/2017 on Atmo. BM Albums (old channel, deleted), it's kinda black/doom..I remember the first track is a instrumental featuring some rain and thunder effects..
The cover of the album was black and white if im not mistaken, on the picture there is a lake and a little boat on it.
Thx for help in advance

Kommanderhooyah
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 3:32 am 

**UPDATE**: The album is *Dawn of the Five Suns* by Kambrium.

Greetings. I am trying to find an album I remember was released sometime between 2016 and 2020, probably 2018/19. I remember it was melodeath, possibly with some folk and/or thrash elements, and the cover art was somewhat green with a yellow/gold logo and featured what I think was a Mesoamerican-style pyramid. Either the band or the album had an Aztec-sounding name despite being from Germany or somewhere else in Europe, if I remember correctly. It also seems like either the band or album name had some reference to geology and/or paleontology, but in German. I thought it was released by Napalm Records, but I cannot find anything that quite matches. This description goes all over the place, so to speak, but does it seem familiar to anyone else? Thank you.

Last edited by Kommanderhooyah on Sun May 16, 2021 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kommanderhooyah
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 3:35 am 

LilTito wrote:
Help!!
I'm looking for a band that released an album in 2016/2017 on Atmo. BM Albums (old channel, deleted), it's kinda black/doom..I remember the first track is a instrumental featuring some rain and thunder effects..
The cover of the album was black and white if im not mistaken, on the picture there is a lake and a little boat on it.
Thx for help in advance

It does not match exactly, but Ulkum came to mind. Could this be the album? https://ulkum-us.bandcamp.com/album/ulk ... t-prophecy

LilTito
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 2:19 am 

Kommanderhooyah wrote:
LilTito wrote:
Help!!
Thx for help in advance

It does not match exactly, but Ulkum came to mind. Could this be the album? https://ulkum-us.bandcamp.com/album/ulk ... t-prophecy

Nope, it's not it :(

Dr_Fiemost
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 3:33 am 

LilTito wrote:
Kommanderhooyah wrote:
LilTito wrote:
Help!!
Thx for help in advance

Nope, it's not it :(

Maybe Vukari?

Blackheart_Sauron
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:31 pm 

Blackheart_Sauron wrote:
I know for sure three things:
- This band is from Poland
- This song is from around 1998-1999
- The song title is "First"
Also as far as I remember radio host said that this band is called something like Syndicate - but I'm not 100% sure about that

Can anyone help me id this band?

Anyone? No polish metal fans here?

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 48  Next