Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:49 pm 

https://www.facebook.com/christian.krug ... 437066714/

What band is playing here?

Uwe
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:23 pm 

ironmaidens_666 wrote:
If anyone can Identify this song, please let me know.

German band REAPER.

https://youtu.be/zOzIWaPQzeU

cmens
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:49 am 

This might be as fun for you as it's been for me for the last 3 months. As in not fun at all, just darned frustrating.
I am looking for a black metal song but I don't know which one.

The only clues I have are:

I think it was the final song on the album
I am 95% sure it has a guest appearance on guitar
The track was kinda long, maybe 7 minutes
Very melodic, almost like it was a long guitar solo going through most of it
The album came out maybe 2-4 years ago, could have been earlier but not by a lot.

It might be Scandinavian but I am not sure
I was kinda certain Mgla was involved but I am not sure any longer

This is all I have. If you can find this song you will ease my mind a lot.

Dr_Fiemost
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 11:34 am 

cmens wrote:
This is all I have. If you can find this song you will ease my mind a lot.

This one? Similar to Mgła with a melodic guitar. No guests though...

false_icon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:43 pm 

HomocidalCanineK9 wrote:
i'm looking for a christian thrash metal band from the 90s. i think they had a few albums with favorable reviews. not incubus.

i know it's not much to go on but i heard them once like 10 years ago lol

It might be Vengeance Rising.
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ve ... Rising/501
To separate art from entertainment doesn't make sense anymore.

my trade list

LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:47 pm 

Technically their first album is in '88. There's also Deliverance and Believer in '89, Tourniquet in '90, and various even more obscure ones.

kayoM
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:47 pm 

I want to find a black metal band that each first letter from their albuns would spell "hail satan"

Tekdeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:04 pm 

Does anyone recognize the background track in this video? https://youtu.be/otBWf-B1g-c I know the band for which the drummer in the video plays (Henker, great band), but the background track (or a version thereof) is nowhere to be found in their discography. It's not metal but I kinda like it, just wondering whether it's an actual song.

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:50 pm 

I'm looking for a band. Tough part about finding it is that it's probably not on MA due to lack of physical release or sheer musical incompetence. The band in question, however, was featured in a thread talking about worst bands/songs, probably around 2015/2016. I don't know how to describe it except as "extremely drunk Manilla Road". Barely competent guitar riffs, an extremely all-over-the-place vocalist with random vibratos whom the production makes it sound like he's singing from a portable toilet. The album cover, if I remember correctly is a yellowish-orange painted cover of a man riding a horse but it's extremely incomprehensible. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please reply.

kayoM wrote:
I want to find a black metal band that each first letter from their albuns would spell "hail satan"

Are you sure it's not Barathrum, the band whose first letters of their album titles spell "HEIL SOVA"?

soquiet
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:34 pm 

I'm looking for a band and all i remember is - album cover with some trees and a moon (non black& white), black metal, vocalist had a owl's voice, 2000 - 2012 !

Please, respond!

InnesI
The Goat Fucker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:02 pm 

I'm looking for a hard rock/metal album that I think was released about 5 years ago or so. It might have been a side project. I remember the cover art using a yellow palette and I think there was some sort of egyptian or pyramid theme going. It might have been a concept album.

The music was metal but leaning towards hard rock at times. Something significant was that the vocals were quite clean and quite mellow in the performance.

Not much to go on but I hope someone might have an incling as to what this might be.
I've also been called a satanist, communist, right wing, nazi-apologist, conservative dipshit, muslim (lover), PC, feminist, neoliberal, boot licker, verbal masturbator and an eternal low-key fascist enabler! Please add your projection too.
Ad hominem

~Guest 111864
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:48 pm 

InnesI wrote:
I'm looking for a hard rock/metal album that I think was released about 5 years ago or so. It might have been a side project. I remember the cover art using a yellow palette and I think there was some sort of egyptian or pyramid theme going. It might have been a concept album.

The music was metal but leaning towards hard rock at times. Something significant was that the vocals were quite clean and quite mellow in the performance.

Not much to go on but I hope someone might have an incling as to what this might be.

The closest I know is Pyramid, but it is two decades old, so probably not it :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwm-V1kN_co

Similarly, Amon-Ra's album is from the early 90s, but was re-released around 2012-3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9_3ru2zxB4

lidless
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:19 am 

Around 2008-2009 there was a black metal band called Godemiché, who pulled pranks such as releasing other bands' music under their own name, copying similar tactics by Velvet Cacoon. They released two songs called 'Meursault' and 'Taciturn Violet Burn', but the guy behind the band later admitted that he stole them. He may have stolen them from the videogame 'Killing Floor', as the person behind the band, Daedra/Drunemeton, was a developer on that game. The two songs were in a single video, which was later taken down from Youtube.

I reconstructed the tracks in GuitarPro: https://clyp.it/1ld3i5fz - does this ring a bell with anyone? The tracks were instrumental and industrial-esque.

Last edited by lidless on Sat May 01, 2021 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:18 pm 

On Autopsy’s An Act of The Unspeakable, there is a sort of darting in and out type riff I guess would be how I’d describe it that starts at 1:26 and goes until 1:37. I swear I heard another riff extremely similar to that— it may even be on another Autopsy song. The only difference I can quite note is the one I am inquiring about does not go into the higher pitched section as the one on the track named. I think it might be on the Mental Funeral album, and I’m about to give that album another listen in case I can hunt it down before someone else. Thanks in the meantime, as always.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:07 pm 

Reposting for a friend whose friend is looking for an album:

Quote:
he said it's from roughly 2000s probably, is death metal where the bass playing is kinda strange the album cover is a really innocent painting of a young girl in a yard/garden

PieDirsas
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:34 am 

Hey guys! I'm trying to find an album, only thing I remember is the cover - a native american standing in the jungle and i think he was blowing a horn, the band was thrash or death metal, one of those for sure, but I can't remember which one :D
Also I don't know the year or country.

Algrid Vanadis
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:46 am 

Hey, guys!
Could anybody help me in searching for some Coroner's lyrics (for songs "Arrogance in Uniform" and "Fried Alive")? Can't find them anywhere, don't understand some things while listening. Maybe somebody could just write lyrics down if they're nowhere to find on the Internet.

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:20 pm 

Helvede wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/christian.krug.1238/videos/2863026437066714/

What band is playing here?

Hey bud, this is Evil Sinner (Belgium). Incidentally, I reviewed one of their early demo tapes a few years ago. Vocalist sounds like he was heavily influenced by Araya, although not a direct carbon copycat.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/E ... nner/53339

Track 4, The Gang.

It's really great if you dig the brutal thrash sound ala Sadus/Morbid Saint, which I certainly do. This reminds me I'm long overdue for a brutal thrash binge on the heels of listening to Spectrum of Death two days back.

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:28 pm 

Kind of a hard one, but what's the name of the song being rehearsed @0:35?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcAs8bCKIu0

~Guest 927084
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:29 am 

I have absolutely no clue if anyone is going to be able to help me with this. I'm looking for an extremely specific grindcore song that I found probably 15 or 16 years ago.

Back when Download.com had a music section, they always had single MP3s for free download. I ended up finding this band named Ripped in Half. I have no clue where they're from. They're not on M-A. A ton of Google searches have come up dry. But, they released this song that was basically just grindcore vocals and programmed drums over clean, strummed electric guitar chords. The song name was (I think?) X-!-!-!, or something equally similar and stupid. A few friends of mine have a distinct memory of this track as well, but none of us have been able to find any indication that it ever existed.

vindfukk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:07 pm 

a melodeath band I once stumbled upon.
catchy, sounds very heavy and aggressive, like Havamal (probably viking leaning)

i remember the cover of the song I listened to being a horse (and perhaps a rider who hasn't mounted it, all visible from the waist up, like a head shot photo), and they faced to the right (opposite of Light's Bane, I swear the album colour is almost similar [wintery blue, and white] when you strip off the purple of SoTLB). If that description doesn't sound jumbled up. probably older than 2016

algorab
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:51 pm 

Greetings!

Watching an old Harrison Ford movie with a friend, I recalled an album cover that I had seen on this site many years ago. It was likely an extremely obscure band and while I do have recollection of several such groups, searching through their discographies I couldn't find this particular image. Any help in identifying the album and band would be much appreciated. The details are very disturbing so I will put them in spoiler tags. Thank you!

Spoiler: show
The cover was extremely dark and depicted a naked man sitting on a table or bed. A woman was standing beside his support. I believe she was topless and wore a short skirt having a bit of a retro design, like belonging to the 70s or 80s fashion. I believe that in her left hand she held his penis and in her right hand she kept a large carving knife.

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:34 pm 

algorab wrote:
Greetings!

Watching an old Harrison Ford movie with a friend, I recalled an album cover that I had seen on this site many years ago. It was likely an extremely obscure band and while I do have recollection of several such groups, searching through their discographies I couldn't find this particular image. Any help in identifying the album and band would be much appreciated. The details are very disturbing so I will put them in spoiler tags. Thank you!

The cover was extremely dark and depicted a naked man sitting on a table or bed. A woman was standing beside his support. I believe she was topless and wore a short skirt having a bit of a retro design, like belonging to the 70s or 80s fashion. I believe that in her left hand she held his penis and in her right hand she kept a large carving knife.

I'm kinda curious what Harrison Ford movie made you think of such artwork?

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:42 pm 

curious about the movie too, and pretty sure i've seen this cover art, and/or several more like that, as the theme is pretty common for those ultra-sexist/hateful grindcore bands... :/ i posted some in the atrocities thread but gave up fairly quick... try searching on the main site for grindcore genre coupled with sexism or misogyny or similar lyrical themes... there could be a few, and the actual one you're looking for might have n/a in the lyrics field but that's the best i can do for now :/

vindfukk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:31 pm 

there's this Death orchestra cover band from i guess Europe
i once posted on the gram, and they happened to like my post, figured I'll give them a shot, but forgot. tried to relocate them but it's like they are no longer on social media, so it's kind of a bummer. Anyone knows the band in question?

HeaStorgHarOld
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:35 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYXAOvTKZ5I

The uploader mentioned Pray for the Locust, then at 1'50 another piece starts... The uploader remained silent on that second piece ! Can you guess the band and piece's name ?

liamcash
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:44 am 

Been looking for this song for a decade, any help appreciated.

I only remember the music video and how thew song goes.

It's a deathcore song. Set in a autumn/fall forest. Male singer wearing a black cap. Starts with heavy breakdown then enters main riff. Probably American Band. Around 2005 - 2010.

I will PayPal anyone £10 who finds this song for me

Thanks!

antonio113
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:54 pm 

Hi, this is a recreation song that I had in a tape. I really want to hear the original again, please if any of you can identify it, do so.
https://youtu.be/o-M12a4NxQA

Commisaur
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:21 am 

Sometime in the late 90's, I heard and taped a song (using a cassette recorder) that was being played by an alternative rock radio station that was run by a high school I used to live near.

For over 20 years I always wanted to know who made the song! But the DJ never said who did the song, the vocals are unintelligible and unfortunately I have lost the cassettee several years ago before even getting into extreme metal.

However, I still have a good idea of what the song sounds like. So I will do my best to describe it here as best as I can:

1. The song was some kind of synth-laden/techno/industrial metal song with death growl vocals.
2. The song was being played on some kind of industrial rock/metal playlist as the song that preceded it on the radio station was a song called "I am Truth" by Hate Dept. (a song which took me about 10 years to decipher when I was able to make out what the vocals were saying and Google searched the lyrics).
3. Despite the industrial metal association, the song in question was not done by any of the top industrial rock/metal bands like Fear Factory, Ministry, Nine Inch Nails, Godflesh, Skinny Puppy, KMFDM...etc. I have checked all of these artists on and off through the years to see if these bands were the band I was looking for.
4. The song was midtempo and had a drum machine doing a simple kick/snare beat throughout the entire song.
5. The song opened with a gloomy sounding synthesizer melody, before all the instruments including vocals kicked in
6. An eerie and gloomy sounding synth played throughout the song and got more and more pronounced as the song progressed
7. The synth of the song is more along the lines of some soundtrack from the 80's as opposed to the more concussive synths of the aforementioned industrial groups.
8. The "death growl" vocals in the song were completely unintelligible. Looking back on it as a seasoned extreme metal listener, the vocals almost sounded like they were heavily effect laden to distort them even more. They were like static laden the vocals.
9. The vocalist actually sounded really similar to Mark "Barney" Greenway's vocal performance on Napalm Death's Fear Emptiness and Despair album. A very raspy croak while still being very deathy.
10. The guitars were heavily distorted. But they were entirely rhythm/chord progression based and power chord based. There were no chugging riffs at all (every time I try searching for an industrial metal" band in a vain attempt to try to find the artist who did the song every band is chugging like crazy like Fear Factory, I cannot even find anything that remotely sounds like what I heard that day over 20 years ago...)

Does anyone have any idea what the song could be, the artist who made it or at least a rough idea of the subgenre the song I am describing could be? I tried Googling "techno industrial metal with death growl" and "industrial metal with death vocals" and "industrial metal with synth" but all that came was a bunch of 2000's/2010's era chugga chugga guitar bands.

irishpip
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:05 am 

The description sounds a bit like Pitchshifter?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wOqvwToHUno

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:40 am 

Commisaur wrote:
Sometime in the late 90's, I heard and taped a song (using a cassette recorder) that was being played by an alternative rock radio station that was run by a high school I used to live near.

For over 20 years I always wanted to know who made the song! But the DJ never said who did the song, the vocals are unintelligible and unfortunately I have lost the cassettee several years ago before even getting into extreme metal.

However, I still have a good idea of what the song sounds like. So I will do my best to describe it here as best as I can:

1. The song was some kind of synth-laden/techno/industrial metal song with death growl vocals.
2. The song was being played on some kind of industrial rock/metal playlist as the song that preceded it on the radio station was a song called "I am Truth" by Hate Dept. (a song which took me about 10 years to decipher when I was able to make out what the vocals were saying and Google searched the lyrics).
3. Despite the industrial metal association, the song in question was not done by any of the top industrial rock/metal bands like Fear Factory, Ministry, Nine Inch Nails, Godflesh, Skinny Puppy, KMFDM...etc. I have checked all of these artists on and off through the years to see if these bands were the band I was looking for.
4. The song was midtempo and had a drum machine doing a simple kick/snare beat throughout the entire song.
5. The song opened with a gloomy sounding synthesizer melody, before all the instruments including vocals kicked in
6. An eerie and gloomy sounding synth played throughout the song and got more and more pronounced as the song progressed
7. The synth of the song is more along the lines of some soundtrack from the 80's as opposed to the more concussive synths of the aforementioned industrial groups.
8. The "death growl" vocals in the song were completely unintelligible. Looking back on it as a seasoned extreme metal listener, the vocals almost sounded like they were heavily effect laden to distort them even more. They were like static laden the vocals.
9. The vocalist actually sounded really similar to Mark "Barney" Greenway's vocal performance on Napalm Death's Fear Emptiness and Despair album. A very raspy croak while still being very deathy.
10. The guitars were heavily distorted. But they were entirely rhythm/chord progression based and power chord based. There were no chugging riffs at all (every time I try searching for an industrial metal" band in a vain attempt to try to find the artist who did the song every band is chugging like crazy like Fear Factory, I cannot even find anything that remotely sounds like what I heard that day over 20 years ago...)

Does anyone have any idea what the song could be, the artist who made it or at least a rough idea of the subgenre the song I am describing could be? I tried Googling "techno industrial metal with death growl" and "industrial metal with death vocals" and "industrial metal with synth" but all that came was a bunch of 2000's/2010's era chugga chugga guitar bands.

irishpip wrote:
The description sounds a bit like Pitchshifter?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wOqvwToHUno

I've moved these posts into the "Help me identify a song etc." megathread.

blackmantram
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:19 pm 

Commisaur wrote:

Did you try The berzerker? your description sounds an awful lot like them. Their first album came up in early 2000 but they're supposed to be active since '95 probably a demo track?

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/The_Berzerker/827

Commisaur
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:42 am 

blackmantram wrote:
Commisaur wrote:

Did you try The berzerker? your description sounds an awful lot like them. Their first album came up in early 2000 but they're supposed to be active since '95 probably a demo track?

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/The_Berzerker/827

I listened to Pitchshifter. Sorry, not the right band.

I just checked out the Bezerker demos from the late 90's. Sorry, but its not the right band. The drumming was way too fast to be similar to what I was searching for. The song I heard was at like midtempo Rammstein speed not grind speed. And I definitely heard the song in 1998 and it was not a demo quality recording that I heard - but it still was very raw.

Thank you for whoever shared the link for Pitchshifter. The YouTube channel that the video belongs to has a ton of music that sound similar to what I am looking for. Perhaps all those bands and that channel and the genre(s) they belong to could be a good starting point.

By the way, the Hate Dept. song "I am Truth" pretty much has the exact same tempo, guitar tone, drum timbre and scratchy distant distorted vocals (but of course unlike Hate Dept. the vocals in the song I am looking for are more death grunty and completely unintelligible) as the song I am looking for. The synth in "I am Truth" sounds exactly like the synth in the song I am looking for too. I hope this new information helps in helping you all figure out what I am looking for. Here is the link to the "I am Truth" song:

ERT_red
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:33 pm 

hi! help me to ID this song/band/lyrics:

streaming sample:
https://voca.ro/1n9d0Rakm0QI

download sample:
https://media1.vocaroo.com/mp3/1n9d0Rakm0QI

year of release: before 2007

i try this identification for years, but always w/o success (till now)

thx 4 ur support!

antonio113
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:50 pm 

antonio113 wrote:
Hi, this is a recreation song that I had in a tape. I really want to hear the original again, please if any of you can identify it, do so.
https://youtu.be/o-M12a4NxQA

I made an reddit ( tip of my tongue ) post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmytongue/ ... urce=share

Zeveenty
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:12 pm 

Hello
This is my first post here.
Anyway. A few years ago I read of wikipedia about some relatively new death metal band: they make quite long, atmospheric, gripping songs that often end with unexpected and shocking way. Basicaly music version of thriller movie.
I know, that this description is quite vague, but still.

etrusca
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:06 pm 

https://youtu.be/l7qruuSeAt8

somebody knows this song pls

MRmehman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:14 pm 

HELP!

There was a black metal band who had a member who just provided them with cave samples. IIRC he passed away a number of years ago. That's all I remember sadly.

Anyone know what band this is?

Necrodictator
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:58 pm 

Name of the band?
https://vocaroo.com/1j9nRJbfbjLc

vindfukk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:25 pm 

can someone remind me which brutal dm band has a cover similar to this? especially colour scheme, with the humans impaled/pierced through the stomachs, with arms up looking like they are worshipping

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 48  Next