Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
NecroPharaoh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:55 pm 

did anyone hear of Deftamenia? I have records of this really old band called Deftamenia but I can't find anything about them on the internet. Any leads?

~Guest 1396208
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:09 pm 

im trying to think of this one band who used to pop up when you looked up "brutal death doom" but it seems they dont appear anymore

all i remember about this band is that they had at least one full length release

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:38 pm 

Thornium2002 wrote:
acidinyourwounds wrote:
Hello, first time poster...

... Back in the "beginning of the internet" (circa 1999ish, maybe a couple of years later) I downloaded a bunch of random metal songs from Australian bands.

I cannot find ANYTHING relating to one that sticks out in my mind.

I think it was:

1) A band outta Adelaide, South Australia;
2) White Metal;
3) Pretty sure the name of the song was "CITDK" - which stood for "Christ Is The Demon Killer";
4) Objectively, and ironically, it was one of the heaviest fucking songs I've heard 'til this day;
5) There was a sound-byte from a cut-scene of a movie where a demon or some shit is getting killed by a guy who says "I kick arse for the Lord".

I can't help you with the song, but that quote is from Peter Jackson's "Dead Alive" (or Braindead)

https://youtu.be/b6AIOgHeplo?t=1452

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:30 pm 

There's this dissonant Black/Death Metal band which name kinda looks like "Ninnghizhidda" but it isn't, of course. I remember liking it and thinking of checking them out but kinda forgot about them; now I'm interested in listening to them again but can't recall their damn name. I think they have 3 full-lengths and a couple of demos, that's all I can remember.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:37 pm 

Thexhumed wrote:
There's this dissonant Black/Death Metal band which name kinda looks like "Ninnghizhidda" but it isn't, of course. I remember liking it and thinking of checking them out but kinda forgot about them; now I'm interested in listening to them again but can't recall their damn name. I think they have 3 full-lengths and a couple of demos, that's all I can remember.

Njiqahdda? They have way more than three full-lengths, though, and aren't all that dissonant.

Radulfr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:29 pm 

Anybody recognise the shirt the guy is wearing at 6:17?

Spoiler: show

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:06 pm 

Radulfr wrote:
Anybody recognise the shirt the guy is wearing at 6:17?

It's Thyrfing's s/t debut album.

Ezadara
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am 

So there's this band I used to listen to years and years ago that for the life of me I can't remember the name of anymore. Can't remember the name of the band, not the album (I think they had one or two demos at most at the time), not any of the songs. It was a grindcore band with pitch shifter vocals, and their themes were focused on science fiction and particularly mechas; the demo I'm thinking of had 3-4 songs and the cover art was a yellow background with a depiction of a damaged mech (maybe two mechs fighting). Definitely a lot of the standard grindcore blasting-at-900mph, but they also settled into some really solid, heavy, almost Bolt Thrower-esque grooves. And I think they were from Australia. That's all I've got.

Anyone have any clue what band I'm talking about here? As far as I can remember they were anything but big, definitely pretty small and underground, but I'd deeply appreciate any pointers in the right direction.

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:04 pm 

MutantClannfear wrote:
Njiqahdda? They have way more than three full-lengths, though, and aren't all that dissonant.

Yes! this was it, my memories were very vague hence my description was kind of off. Thanks a lot!

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:04 pm 

So yesterday I saw this meme on r/MetalMemes that involved a cool-looking photo of someone in the typical black metal costume and facepaint. I tried to find the origins of the member with Google Lens, but with no such luck. Anyone who knows who this guy is and what band he's in would be great. Original image is in spoilers below.

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:35 pm 

Slater922 wrote:
So yesterday I saw this meme on r/MetalMemes that involved a cool-looking photo of someone in the typical black metal costume and facepaint. I tried to find the origins of the member with Google Lens, but with no such luck. Anyone who knows who this guy is and what band he's in would be great. Original image is in spoilers below.

Haven't found it yet, but I did find a couple good memes on the way.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:49 pm 

EvergreenSherbert wrote:
Slater922 wrote:

Haven't found it yet, but I did find a couple good memes on the way.

Okay, not gonna lie, that's pretty funny :lol:

vindfukk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:54 pm 

balbulus wrote:
vindfukk wrote:
a folk black band.
viking themes, and their logo has roots or something, maybe even their name is after a certain norse world, but I'm no very sure about that.
the easier part is that they currently release at a French label, which is active. You can guess I sifted the searches with that, but perhaps I didn't go through it with a fine tooth comb. on bandcamp, viking metal is one of their tags, it's how I found them

very good band, it's why it's bugging me

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Yggdrasil/7716

Close enough but not it

The album I had listened to was released between 2019 and late 2020/early 2021

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:28 pm 

vindfukk wrote:
balbulus wrote:
vindfukk wrote:
a folk black band.
viking themes, and their logo has roots or something, maybe even their name is after a certain norse world, but I'm no very sure about that.
the easier part is that they currently release at a French label, which is active. You can guess I sifted the searches with that, but perhaps I didn't go through it with a fine tooth comb. on bandcamp, viking metal is one of their tags, it's how I found them

very good band, it's why it's bugging me

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Yggdrasil/7716

Close enough but not it

The album I had listened to was released between 2019 and late 2020/early 2021

You said you found them on Bandcamp, do you remember how exactly? I've browsed Bandcamp before, so I might be able to track it down if I know where you started. Do you remember anything about the cover art too?

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:24 pm 

Good news, everyone! I have finally solved the mystery of the band member photo that I got from r/MetalMemes. With some deeper digging, I found that the guy is from the raw black metal band Caverns. The match especially became clear when I found him wearing the same clothes in this demo.

And here's the original image without the text:

DickMilkshakes
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:54 pm 

Experimental/jazzy black metal from the Netherlands? With a Saxophone?

Does anyone know what band I´m talking about? Can´t for the life of me remember their name or album or anything but they were recommended here once. I remember their style was experimental/avant garde/off-kilter kind of black metal and they used a saxophone in their songs more than once. Their lyrics dealt with oddities and strangeness, if I recall correctly. I believe their music from the 00´s and onwards? It was an interesting listen anyways! Would love if anyone knew

Dr_Fiemost
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:26 am 

DickMilkshakes wrote:

Laster?

Paka01
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:50 pm 

Guys, two questions.

1. Black metal band with a lot of atmospheric keyboards, one of their albums has some words like moonlight, twilight, doors, gates, something like that in title... Cover is black silhouette of castle (?) in front of dark blue sky.

2. Old school death metal band from Finland (I think) that released EP with purple/green/blue-ish artwork on which some humanoid zombies/creatures walk outside some kind of tomb.

I know it's not much, but I appreciate any kind of help!

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:10 pm 

DickMilkshakes wrote:

Does anyone know what band I´m talking about? Can´t for the life of me remember their name or album or anything but they were recommended here once. I remember their style was experimental/avant garde/off-kilter kind of black metal and they used a saxophone in their songs more than once. Their lyrics dealt with oddities and strangeness, if I recall correctly. I believe their music from the 00´s and onwards? It was an interesting listen anyways! Would love if anyone knew

Sounds like Lugubrum - they're from Belgium, not the Netherlands, but their lyrics are in Flemish (close enough to Dutch) and they do use saxophone.

Paka01 wrote:
1. Black metal band with a lot of atmospheric keyboards, one of their albums has some words like moonlight, twilight, doors, gates, something like that in title... Cover is black silhouette of castle (?) in front of dark blue sky.

Lord Belial - Enter the Moonlight Gate? I found this via the advanced search, so it may not be right (I've never listened to Lord Belial), but it seems pretty close to your description.

Paka01 wrote:
2. Old school death metal band from Finland (I think) that released EP with purple/green/blue-ish artwork on which some humanoid zombies/creatures walk outside some kind of tomb.

Probably Silence of the Centuries by Depravity.

Paka01
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:29 pm 

That's it, Lord Belial and Depravity! Thank you!

Halls_of_Irdorath
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:17 pm 

Hey everybody!

Recently, I stumbled on obscure acoustic black metal band (solo project?) called Varg. Now, information about this band is quite scarce and tracks available on the YouTube are in bad quality (for exmaple: Alte Gedanken). I was wondering if anyone has heard about this band; has any additional information, even anecdotal, beyond what's written in the wiki; any lyrics, other links etc.

My investigation was in vain. Information about Varg is almost non-existent. YouTube comment section is rather unhelpful as videos of these tracks rarely gets any views (for example: Geister des Waldes (2009 demo)). It seems to me it is usually confused with another more popular German band also called Varg. Or, are they the same band? I quite liked Wolfesblut (2008) album and I am exploring similar bands so any pointers in the right direction are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Cheers!

TheWizzy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:19 pm 

Halls_of_Irdorath wrote:
Hey everybody!

Recently, I stumbled on obscure acoustic black metal band (solo project?) called Varg. Now, information about this band is quite scarce and tracks available on the YouTube are in bad quality (for exmaple: Alte Gedanken). I was wondering if anyone has heard about this band; has any additional information, even anecdotal, beyond what's written in the wiki; any lyrics, other links etc.

I guess you already know their discogs page? https://www.discogs.com/de/artist/2812826-Varg-5

If not: you may click through their alias links to find more information on them (I saw some facebook and myspace links there)

Cheers

Halls_of_Irdorath
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:44 pm 

TheWizzy wrote:
I guess you already know their discogs page? https://www.discogs.com/de/artist/2812826-Varg-5

If not: you may click through their alias links to find more information on them (I saw some facebook and myspace links there)

Cheers

That went completely over my head! Thanks a lot!

I'm gonna shoot up couple of DMs, but I distrust information on discogs page. I fear that my inquires are in vane.

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:37 am 

Logo on far right guy's shirt? I'd be able to read it, but his hair covers most of the logo.

Last edited by EvergreenSherbert on Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nasierszyca
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:35 am 

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134557&p=3037388#p3037388

ironman8008
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 2:45 pm 

Help me ID this black metal song:
[This post contains hidden content. Quote to reveal it.]

ironman8008
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 1:50 am 

ironman8008 wrote:

Someone ?

trashberd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 10:09 pm 

Shot in the dark: I remember this kind of low energy death metal tune. Not very fast. I took it off my playlist way back when because the lyrics were so depressive and I was in a rough spot, it felt like bad practice to be listening to it. I'm in a much better spot now and would like to find it again.

I remember some review on the archives talking about how the album felt like an ever building crescendo that never climaxed. Just the tension of it seemingly building and never going anywhere.
The song was lyrically about like a little girl who got buried, maybe buried alive, cant fully recall.
The album cover vaguely reminded me of the following covers

Trumpeting Ecstasy - Full of hell
Symbology of Shelter - Noise Trail Immersion

Rather dark cover in terms of color, I believe it was black with a either grey or blue shaded out face of some sort.

I can't pull any other distinctive features out of my head. But I hope that's enough to help someone along.

Cheers in advance!

EDIT: Compulsively searched different terms on google and I just came across it!

Go and Hope - Emptiness

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 3:26 pm 

ironman8008 wrote:
ironman8008 wrote:

Someone ?

Your Google Drive link doesn't work, you should repost it somewhere else.

LegendMaker
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:50 am 

Hey. So, as happens frequently, I've had a partial song stuck in my head for the past few days. Most of the time I end up figuring it out and it goes away, but I'm struggling with this one. Not much to go on, admittedly.

So. It's almost certainly either by a relatively traditional hard/heavy band, or it could be a more power/speed metal band going with a mid-tempo more or less heavy metal song. I also strongly suspect it's a European band, possibly German or Scandinavian. The part I have has a fairly straightforward 4/4 music part mostly drums and a simple bass line with not much going on in terms of riffs, possibly a passage leading up to the chorus or a bridge. The big focus is on the vocals, which are not by a lead singer but sound very reminiscent of the type of backing vocals that are kind of halfway through between "gang shouts" and a spoken choir, with a slight accent that could be German. You know, like on some old Accept anthems or even some classic AC/DC stuff, but I perceive the production as more likely late 90s or even more recent, all digital, all loud, all soulless. The guys (the "choir" sounds most likely entirely male) seem to be shouting/saying "They ___ (for) you... more and more!" The missing word might be "send" or "search", something like that. I googled it and found zilch.

And I kind of hear a bluesy lick that could even be the song's leitmotiv right after that, not too high and with little distortion on it, fairly AC/DC-esque too. One 16th note immediately leading to a fairly sustained bend one half-step up, then a quick pattern probably just pentatonic back and forth leading us back to the bend, then rinse and repeat except for the very first note. All on the same simple bass and drums mid-tempo loop. My partial stops there, but I expect it to return to the gang shouting another line (or perhaps the lead singer alternating with them) and that bluesy lick marking a transition between each couple of lines.

If that sounds familiar to anyone, thanks in advance. Note that while I really doubt it's actually old school, it's also extremely unlikely to be recent. I barely know any metal past the early 2000s. It could be from an old band's recent comeback or nth reunion album, though. I sample stuff like that occasionally.

HomocidalCanineK9
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:39 pm 

HomocidalCanineK9 wrote:
i'm looking for a christian thrash metal band from the 90s. i think they had a few albums with favorable reviews. not incubus.

i know it's not much to go on but i heard them once like 10 years ago lol

Took two years to figure out it was Believer

Nocturnal_Evil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:01 pm 

Looking for a slam/brutal death metal band that I can't seem to find again. I don't remember much but one of their releases (which I think might have been their only one) had a dark blue/purple/grey color scheme, the imagery and title was hospital/morgue themed, the logo was red (?), and the whole thing was very good musically. They also MAY have been from Germany.

Any help is appreciated!

Yashin Xudosi
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:35 pm 

I recently went to a Wiegedood concert, and one of the songs had this ridiculous sample. It was an audio sample, but it wasn't "black metal" at all, from what I heard it was just a guy uttering something in Dutch, sounded a bit drunk if I remember correctly. Anyone know which song this could be? Also in case someone here speaks Dutch, what was he saying?

MetallisticMan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:54 am 

Anyone tell me what this song is made by?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39bFJWuI9Kc

LongHairIsSoFuckingCool
Edgy Metal Noob Catchphrase Dispenser

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:42 am 

One time on Bandcamp I encountered this drone doom band that stood out to me because of their album art.

The cover was an monochrome illustration depicting solely the head of a cartoon rabbit who I'm pretty sure was giving a closed mouth smile and maybe had an (upside down?) cross on it's forehead.

Does anyone know the name of that band?

recyclage wrote:
Anyone who writes "The Deftones" isn't trustworthy.

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:32 pm 

Yashin Xudosi wrote:
I recently went to a Wiegedood concert, and one of the songs had this ridiculous sample. It was an audio sample, but it wasn't "black metal" at all, from what I heard it was just a guy uttering something in Dutch, sounded a bit drunk if I remember correctly. Anyone know which song this could be? Also in case someone here speaks Dutch, what was he saying?

Found your sample. I found two 2022 live videos, in both it's played in between "FN Scar 16" and "And in Old Salamano’s Room, the Dog Whimpered Softly". 5:36 in the video below.

coupdebleus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:28 pm 

Here's a request for the most hardened of veterans; one so difficult that, even knowing the name, I can't find the band:

It was called . (with a clarifying (dot) besides it, IIRC)
The genre was drone/funeral doom metal
Likely from Russia, though it might have been another Slavic country
Around the myspace and lastfm era
99% sure it was a solo project

No, it's not the Japanese sludge band listed here on the archives.

jackies_eclaire
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:33 pm 

https://www.metal-archives.com/images/3 ... o.jpg?1824

What band is it on the t-shirt Dana is wearing in the middle? (band in the photo is Mythic)
https://linktr.ee/cultofoblivion

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:58 pm 

jackies_eclaire wrote:
https://www.metal-archives.com/images/3/1/1/7/3117_photo.jpg?1824

What band is it on the t-shirt Dana is wearing in the middle? (band in the photo is Mythic)

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Dead_Head/5459

Underworld666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:20 pm 

droneriot wrote:
Underworld666 wrote:
I don't have much to go off of. A late 80's or early 90s thrash band I think in the genre of Necrodeth, Exorcist, or Infernal Majesty. First track starts of with a Gregorian chant intro with no instruments. I want to say a German band but not 100% sure.

Bruce

This?

Well I was way off for sure, but actual found the song. I got into extreme metal in late 86 and transitioned from the likes of Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and such and confused a song. The Song is Centre of eternity from Ozzy's Bark at the moon.

Thanks for the help
Bruce

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next