Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Underworld666
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:24 pm
Posts: 23
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:55 pm 
 

I don't have much to go off of. A late 80's or early 90s thrash band I think in the genre of Necrodeth, Exorcist, or Infernal Majesty. First track starts of with a Gregorian chant intro with no instruments. I want to say a German band but not 100% sure.

Bruce

Top
 Profile  
droneriot
incelgender

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 9068
Location: Spahn Ranch
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:22 pm 
 

Underworld666 wrote:
I don't have much to go off of. A late 80's or early 90s thrash band I think in the genre of Necrodeth, Exorcist, or Infernal Majesty. First track starts of with a Gregorian chant intro with no instruments. I want to say a German band but not 100% sure.

Bruce

Youtube: show

This?
_________________
Alpha Drone - Cobra Tattoo - Black metal song of the year
Lobotomizer - The world's worst motion comic

Top
 Profile  
trom_bonne
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:17 am
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:26 am 
 

I've been racking my brain for a few days trying to remember this group. Someone showed them to me back in high school, and I've not heard them since. I remember it being thrash, but it could've just as likely been a more straight ahead heavy metal. More distinguishing is the album cover. A blue color palette with a big ol' space wizard looming in the corner, commanding your vision. Seems like I remember his hand stretching out over a planet? The album was space/sci-fi themed. I know it's not much, but I've thrown my hands up in frustration at this point trying to find anything.

Top
 Profile  
Underworld666
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:24 pm
Posts: 23
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:04 pm 
 

droneriot wrote:
Underworld666 wrote:
I don't have much to go off of. A late 80's or early 90s thrash band I think in the genre of Necrodeth, Exorcist, or Infernal Majesty. First track starts of with a Gregorian chant intro with no instruments. I want to say a German band but not 100% sure.

Bruce

Youtube: show

This?



No instruments and male chanting. Good stuff though

Bruce

Top
 Profile  
Lord Tempestuous
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:27 pm
Posts: 163
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:57 am 
 

Looking for a Japanese industrial band with almost black metal vocals, most of the song titles and lyrics were in German and they for some reason had a song on MySpace called 'hammer smashed face' that I dont believe was a cover.
_________________
Your mother is so fat that the recursive function computing her mass causes a stack overflow.

Top
 Profile  
aloof
avant-gardener

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:18 pm
Posts: 2145
Location: never neverland, palm trees by the sea
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:49 am 
 

Underworld666 wrote:
I don't have much to go off of. A late 80's or early 90s thrash band I think in the genre of Necrodeth, Exorcist, or Infernal Majesty. First track starts of with a Gregorian chant intro with no instruments. I want to say a German band but not 100% sure.

Bruce


Blind Guardian's Follow the Blind starts off with a Grego chant and dives into a real fast song... ? date and country also match.
_________________
the devil is very old indeed, we sit with a few stories to tell

Top
 Profile  
Underworld666
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:24 pm
Posts: 23
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:42 pm 
 

aloof wrote:
Underworld666 wrote:
I don't have much to go off of. A late 80's or early 90s thrash band I think in the genre of Necrodeth, Exorcist, or Infernal Majesty. First track starts of with a Gregorian chant intro with no instruments. I want to say a German band but not 100% sure.

Bruce


Blind Guardian's Follow the Blind starts off with a Grego chant and dives into a real fast song... ? date and country also match.

Intro is close to that, but not the right group. Appreciate the effort.

Bruce

Top
 Profile  
Sepulchrave
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:29 pm
Posts: 1657
Location: Croatia
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:35 pm 
 

I'm trying to remember this ultra-raw black/viking metal band, northern European of course. I remember reading a review about it on here noting its rawness, especially with regards to the vocals. The band is not Helheim, I'm pretty sure of that. The band released their albums somewhere in the late 90's/early 2000's probably, and I remember a bluish album cover with a silhouette of a viking, I think.

EDIT: Found it, it was Bloodaxe! Not northern European though.
_________________
Ку.

Top
 Profile  
AcidMind
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:41 am
Posts: 163
Location: Russia
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:49 am 
 

Need help with identification of death/doom band, here is sample. Should be from 90s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyV326KDJyE

Top
 Profile  
Marius Basevicius
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:25 am
Posts: 1
Location: Lithuania
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:35 am 
 

Hi, death metal fans.
I have a problem and I want to ask for your help. I can't really recognize the band I am listening to for a very long time, from a young age, it's about 25 years. Its music album was recorded into an old cassete and there ir no name of the band. It was written "Unleashed" on it, but I know Unleashed, I had listened all the Unleashed albums and it is not them.
The band plays very old death metal (I think, it was recorded about ~1988-1992) and the intro begins with the words of an "old sad man":
"When your life comes to an end, you know what you have done, you know, who you ever hurts... the faces of your victims will become, the faces of your nightmares and hell... the only saviour, you'll know, is there one and it's waiting for your soul, perhaps: ("angel" speaks) Send me angel, we forgive you so much sin that you've got. Or perhaps (and then speaks "devil") Control <...> of your fucking soul!" And then begins the guitar playing.
One of the last songs of this album chorus is "For your love", the growling vocals...
Maybe someone recognized the band and can tell me its name? I would like to find it in mp3 and listen to it in the good quality. Please, help me.
P.S. ...and sorry for my english... :)
AcidMind wrote:
Need help with identification of death/doom band, here is sample. Should be from 90s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyV326KDJyE

Top
 Profile  
AndromedaVessel
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:10 am
Posts: 41
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:51 pm 
 

AcidMind wrote:
Need help with identification of death/doom band, here is sample. Should be from 90s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyV326KDJyE


Hey, I actually found it.

Youtube: show

Top
 Profile  
AndromedaVessel
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:10 am
Posts: 41
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:08 pm 
 

Marius Basevicius wrote:
Hi, death metal fans.
I have a problem and I want to ask for your help. I can't really recognize the band I am listening to for a very long time, from a young age, it's about 25 years. Its music album was recorded into an old cassete and there ir no name of the band. It was written "Unleashed" on it, but I know Unleashed, I had listened all the Unleashed albums and it is not them.
The band plays very old death metal (I think, it was recorded about ~1988-1992) and the intro begins with the words of an "old sad man":
"When your life comes to an end, you know what you have done, you know, who you ever hurts... the faces of your victims will become, the faces of your nightmares and hell... the only saviour, you'll know, is there one and it's waiting for your soul, perhaps: ("angel" speaks) Send me angel, we forgive you so much sin that you've got. Or perhaps (and then speaks "devil") Control <...> of your fucking soul!" And then begins the guitar playing.
One of the last songs of this album chorus is "For your love", the growling vocals...
Maybe someone recognized the band and can tell me its name? I would like to find it in mp3 and listen to it in the good quality. Please, help me.
P.S. ...and sorry for my english... :)


Found it, there's the demo and the compilation

1992 demo
Youtube: show


1995 compilation
Youtube: show

Top
 Profile  
AcidMind
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:41 am
Posts: 163
Location: Russia
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:21 am 
 

AndromedaVessel wrote:
Hey, I actually found it.


Many thanks, friend!

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MetalHearted, Underworld666 and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

  Print view
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group