Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives
https://forum.metal-archives.com/

Help Me Remember/ID this Song/Album/Band Megathread
https://forum.metal-archives.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44082
Page 11 of 35

Author:  Profoundemonium [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

Does anyone know what this is called?

This is the first track on my promo copy of Hastur's "Macabre Execution" tape, but it isn't listed on the cover and I can't find any information about it anywhere. It sounds quite different to the other two songs (they don't have the weird female vocals) so I don't know if it's even by the same band or just something they put on there as a bonus.

Author:  macrocosm [ Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

What I'm really looking for is a Band ID but here we go.

They are death metal band from Sweden (i think) and they released their sole album a few years ago.

The cover art for the album is a drawing of a guy with corpse paint welding a scythe on a yellow background.

Author:  balbulus [ Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

You're thinking of Excoriate's "On Pestilent Winds..." album. They're German, not Swedish.

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ex ... .../227121

Author:  Denominator_Zero [ Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlIVSQT6Qak

Song title anyone??

Author:  arketah [ Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

Denominator_Zero wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlIVSQT6Qak

Song title anyone??


Infernal hails !.

Author:  triggerhappy [ Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

There's this band I've been trying to recall. They had a German name or something, and I think they played DM that's somewhat melodic (not actual melodeath, mind you). They also had an album whose cover was predominantly black with an illustration in orange, in a rectangle on the right half of the cover.

Does anyone know the band I'm speaking of?

Author:  MorbidEngel [ Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

I got a Graveland song about 6-7 years ago, I remember it was slow to midpaced, and the snare was very loud, thick and up-front in the mix. It was an early song, and no demo or album seems to have this sort of production to it. Any ideas? It's not from Following the Voice of Blood either. Even if you know what album/EP/whatever it came from, that's good enough.

Author:  ancient fetor [ Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

I have this compilation cd a friend gave me that I lost the tracklist to. Can someone tell me what this song is?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5djeZxz0Q-8

Nevermind - got the song id.

Author:  Hedniskhjaertad [ Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

I hope my request fits here. I was just listening to Anaal Nathrakh's Vanitas and the last song had a, how can I call it?, well, part which definitely roots in classical music, I just can't figure it out. Can you help me? I'm talking about the singing.

Author:  japc [ Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

Hedniskhjaertad wrote:
I hope my request fits here. I was just listening to Anaal Nathrakh's Vanitas and the last song had a, how can I call it?, well, part which definitely roots in classical music, I just can't figure it out. Can you help me? I'm talking about the singing.

Check here: http://www.last.fm/music/Anaal+Nathrakh ... r+the+Dead

Author:  Hedniskhjaertad [ Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

japc wrote:
Hedniskhjaertad wrote:
I hope my request fits here. I was just listening to Anaal Nathrakh's Vanitas and the last song had a, how can I call it?, well, part which definitely roots in classical music, I just can't figure it out. Can you help me? I'm talking about the singing.

Check here: http://www.last.fm/music/Anaal+Nathrakh ... r+the+Dead


Thank you very much.

Author:  Syntek [ Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

Hey there.
I remember when I was quite young, I saw a claymation (or an animation, at least) music video on TV that had a man walking through the streets at night. At one point, he looked into a cafe window and everyone in it turned round at once and their eyes were round, bright and yellow, and he was also scared by a face on a TV set, as he went past it.

I can't remember anything about the music at all, but trying to remember the song has been bugging me for a while, and I don't know where to begin looking. It was likely by a British band, but I really can't be sure.

Cheers to anyone that can come up with anything.

Author:  Helvede [ Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

Syntek wrote:
Hey there.
I remember when I was quite young, I saw a claymation (or an animation, at least) music video on TV that had a man walking through the streets at night. At one point, he looked into a cafe window and everyone in it turned round at once and their eyes were round, bright and yellow, and he was also scared by a face on a TV set, as he went past it.

I can't remember anything about the music at all, but trying to remember the song has been bugging me for a while, and I don't know where to begin looking. It was likely by a British band, but I really can't be sure.

Cheers to anyone that can come up with anything.


I remember this video! I don't remember the band unfortunately. I don't think it was a metal band, though???

Author:  Syntek [ Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

Helvede wrote:
Syntek wrote:
Hey there.
I remember when I was quite young, I saw a claymation (or an animation, at least) music video on TV that had a man walking through the streets at night. At one point, he looked into a cafe window and everyone in it turned round at once and their eyes were round, bright and yellow, and he was also scared by a face on a TV set, as he went past it.

I can't remember anything about the music at all, but trying to remember the song has been bugging me for a while, and I don't know where to begin looking. It was likely by a British band, but I really can't be sure.

Cheers to anyone that can come up with anything.


I remember this video! I don't remember the band unfortunately. I don't think it was a metal band, though???


Yeah, I remember distinctively it wasn't a metal band.
Hell, it could've even been on something like MTV.

Author:  Helvede [ Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

triggerhappy wrote:
There's this band I've been trying to recall. They had a German name or something, and I think they played DM that's somewhat melodic (not actual melodeath, mind you). They also had an album whose cover was predominantly black with an illustration in orange, in a rectangle on the right half of the cover.

Does anyone know the band I'm speaking of?


This one maybe?
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/St ... _All/85533

Author:  TheNecromancer [ Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

A friend asked me to identify this track. He recorded it to cassette from a radio that can't remember the name of it (no idea why) from a radio station then uploaded it to Google Docs (I'm getting the impression this guy isn't too computer savvy).

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5_KAZn ... edit?pli=1

Anyone care to give it a try? It sounds pretty good.

Author:  inhumanist [ Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

Kinda sounds like Limbonic Art but I don't know the song.

Author:  TheNecromancer [ Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

Nah, the vocals are much different. Thanks though.

Author:  leonte2005 [ Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re:

chillybones wrote:
A friend gave me this link and asked what band it is, and I cannot figure it out.
http://www.theamateurzone.info/video/3145/balls-of-steel
http://www.theamateurzone.info/video/7247/driver-fucked and
http://www.nudeamateurgirls.net/vids/vid/2083/My+girlfriend+is+a+slut+and+she+loves+sucking+and+fucking.html


All I can really say that I know about the video is that the quote in it is from the Exorcist III
"rip! And cut! And mutilate the innocent! His friends! And again, and again, and on and on!!!"

Its the same quote Children of Bodom used on the song Taste of My Scythe


My Scythe is my favour!!!

Author:  ThePoop [ Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

Ughh... I'm sure this will be futile but I need to try. I have little details but here is what I can remember

I am looking for a song by a group. One of the members passed away a few years ago (I found him while browsing this website http://www.voicesfromthedarkside.de/RIP ... b9d42f3f27). They were instrumental and played epic soundtrack like songs. The guy was definitely between the 13th and 3rd page of musicians featured on that web page. Thank you in advanced.

EDIT: I think, but I'm not sure, that the album cover had statues on it. Almost like Easter Island heads...

Author:  oogboog [ Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

Probably a simple question, but which song is played at the beginning of this video? I'm not familiar with their entire discography.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JB8eVwi ... re=related

Author:  weerth [ Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

Found this band on an old tape but don´t know who they are. Can anybody help me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKLcH8Hpss0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOFxPXjsgmE

Thanks!

Author:  Garchomp4ever [ Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

Does anyone know the name of an album where the album cover is of a man in I think a coat wearing a cat mask holding a gun, he's in what looks like an apartment and I think the window is visible, it's in black and white or some shade like that and the music was kind of black metally(not like darkthrone but like industrial or something). Here's a shitty rendition of what I can remember of the cover.
Spoiler: show
Image
Obviously the actual cover is more serious.

Edit: Apparently it was "Peace Burial at Sea - This is Such a Quiet Town"
Spoiler: show
Image

I did such a good job at re-creating the art didn't I?

Author:  ThePoop [ Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

^ Ahahaha. Excellent recreation. I prefer it over the actual art...

EDIT: I actually looked this artist up, because the cover and band name was fairly interesting. Definitely not black metal at all... Very interesting mixture of post-rock, indie, electronic and some early screamo (the good kind). I like a few songs I have heard thus far.

Author:  Iron Priest [ Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLsl5GRE8No

^Anyone know what this is at the beginning, I don't even know if it's even a real song or just a good riff.

Author:  RickJames [ Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

Did anyone have the fake Paysage D'Hiver Einsamkeit? Well, I see from discussion years ago that the "Inneres Licht" actually was Urfaust's "Outro" from Geist ist Teufel.

Well, now I can't deduce what the fake "Einkehr" is. It's 15:20 in length, has a strong dungeon-esque reverb, and also has echo effects, with a droning beat as well. I do still have the mp3 if anyone needs more description than that.

Also beware that there's a fake Schattengang album floating about.

Author:  corpsewithoutsoul [ Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

I hope someone can make use of this impossibly vague description of a song I heard:
Kind of sounds like old Enslaved, I *think* the band is from Austria or Germany, and the most comprehensible part of the chorus goes "shield by shield" or something along those lines.

Author:  ahahalol [ Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

Please can anyone help me identify this awesome song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdO5vpkGLUw
from about 1986-1993

Author:  Helvede [ Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

ahahalol wrote:
Please can anyone help me identify this awesome song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdO5vpkGLUw
from about 1986-1993


Sounds like some post-punk band. My best guess is - mostly based on the vocals - that the band performing is The Damned. Don't know which song though.

Author:  ThomasBear [ Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

Helvede wrote:
ahahalol wrote:
Please can anyone help me identify this awesome song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdO5vpkGLUw
from about 1986-1993


Sounds like some post-punk band. My best guess is - mostly based on the vocals - that the band performing is The Damned. Don't know which song though.


No idea what it is but I'd love to know who does it. I'll ask around... Stay tuned...

Author:  Lane [ Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

Iron Priest wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLsl5GRE8No

^Anyone know what this is at the beginning, I don't even know if it's even a real song or just a good riff.

It rang some bells immediately, and seeing it's from Lloyd Kaufman (of Troma) interview, it's probably from some (prob some Toxic Avenger) movie soundtrack. That's my guess.

Author:  Johanson42 [ Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

Hello everybody.

I've a music playing in my head than i try to identify, so i've composed (with the poor software tools i have ^^) a sample and maybe it can help you to identify.

http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/78941991/file.html

(In my sample : just the melody is good, not exactly the instrument)

It sound like a metal ballad with english vocal, the singer is a men, duration 5-6mn i think. In the sample, the first part is accoustic guitar and the three last are electric guitar.
I've listened the track with an old friend playing frets on fire.

Style is like Pink floyd, Aerosmith but i'm not sure...


My english not perfect cause i'm french

Thanks you in advance, cause i like this sound.

Author:  elf48687789 [ Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

Helvede wrote:
ahahalol wrote:
Please can anyone help me identify this awesome song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdO5vpkGLUw
from about 1986-1993


Sounds like some post-punk band. My best guess is - mostly based on the vocals - that the band performing is The Damned. Don't know which song though.

No way, the vocals sound nothing like the Damned. I am guessing Wall of Voodoo, but maybe not.

Dave Vanian does not sing in American style drawl, sorry.

Author:  gravemaster [ Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTVn_voSi3Q
can anyone identify this song? I think the band is revokation but i dont know the song name

Author:  Helvede [ Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

elf48687789 wrote:
Helvede wrote:
Sounds like some post-punk band. My best guess is - mostly based on the vocals - that the band performing is The Damned. Don't know which song though.


No way, the vocals sound nothing like the Damned. I am guessing Wall of Voodoo, but maybe not.

Dave Vanian does not sing in American style drawl, sorry.


Maybe not The Damned, but that Wall of Voodoo sounds completely different. That band has a strong country and western aspect to their music, and there's absolutely nothing of that in the song posted above.

Author:  npi [ Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

Hello everybody !

I'd like to know the name of the song at 07:43 in this video ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aQLVg3h0MM
Does anyone know? That'd help me a lot !

Author:  Valgrinder [ Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

npi wrote:
Hello everybody !

I'd like to know the name of the song at 07:43 in this video ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aQLVg3h0MM
Does anyone know? That'd help me a lot !


Dont know the title of the track, but it's from the first two or three URFAUST cd's

[EDIT] Found it;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjHaJq1BTQ4
Urfaust - Die Kalte Teufelsfaust

Author:  npi [ Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

Thank you very much !

Author:  theposega [ Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

Anyone know what grind song starts off with a sample of the "You know what the trouble is, Brucey? We used to make shit in this country, build shit. Now we just put our hand in the next guy's pocket." quote from The Wire? I'm pretty sure it's a grind band; it's something with a lot of blast beats, anyway.

Author:  GABYGGBB [ Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Song ID Thread

Can someone tell me the name of this song? And the band?

http://www.goear.com/listen/a5b9b86/ni-idea-ni-idea

Thanks and sorry for my english!
Great site!

Page 11 of 35 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/