Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Szilvia
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:50 pm 

Although it has been ten years since this incident occurred, I've come to the conclusion that I absolutely can not protect these people any longer. I will not lie or cover for them. I will not pretend like nothing happened. I will not be silent. I have nothing to gain from telling this story, except knowing that none of my old friends, new friends, or anyone else for that matter, unwittingly seats their wives or girlfriends, maybe even daughters, next to these slime bags. I just want to tell my story so that their friends and family know exactly the type of betrayal these false “friends” are capable of.

Roberto Lizarraga (aka Rotoplas MetalStorm, of Infinitum Obscure) was what I considered a trusted friend of many, many years. He was present at my wedding, and was supposedly my ex husband's best friend. So when he asked me to play drums for a project he was allegedly starting with his buddy Noel Bello (of Infernal Conjuration), it seemed like fun. I found the idea behind the project a bit boring, but I've always found performing music to be inspirational, and it gave me some time to be productive. Someone came along with me to Tijuana the first two times we rehearsed, but when they called me the third time to set up a quick rehearsal, I did not hesitate to go alone. I thought I could trust Roberto. He was a guest at my home many times, and always assured me of his integrity and intent. I thought that if anything happened, then he'd have my back; that he would be the one to step up and protect a friend. But that's not what happened.

We were taking a break from rehearsing, and sat down for a moment to relax. In what seemed like an instant, and before I knew what was happening, someone tried to pull my sweater off, effectively trapping me in it. As I tried to get free, Roberto Lizarraga and Noel Bello coordinated to remove my hiking boots and pants, leaving my mismatched socks on my feet. No matter how much I complained, they would not stop. At one point Noel Bello actually told me to shut the fuck up because his family was sleeping next door. He was worried that his Mom might wake up because he and his buddy were raping a girl in her house, in the room next door.

Since they were both revolting with their roasted chicken shaped bodies, it seems they suddenly grossed out on each other and lost interest. This was a fucking gods-send, but they had already managed to defile me. After it was finally over, they went out for celebration tacos, and I had to watch them stuff their fat faces with food before they finally dropped me off at the border, visibly upset, my hair disheveled. When I pulled Roberto aside to ask him “What the fuck was that? That was not OK!” I can not forget his infuriating response. “Did Bello use a condom?”

For almost a year following this incident they held my handmade antelope skin drums hostage. They wouldn't return my equipment, no matter how many times I asked, lying over and over as to the location of my gear. When Roberto finally returned my drums, he showed up with some goon, as if he needed a bodyguard to protect him from me. Maybe he was trying to be intimidating, maybe he was scared, but it just looked pitiful, bringing a bodyguard to protect him from a girl who's equipment he had stolen, from the girl he had raped. Then the cheap bastard had the nerve to ask for gas money!

It's been many years now, and I have moved on with my life, but it makes me physically sick with anger knowing that these two chickens have gone on to live their lives as if nothing ever happened. Furthermore, I worry that they have done this to someone else, and may do it again. I will no longer stand idly by as other women sit next to these degenerates, not knowing their character, or what they are capable of. I've had to live with the consequences of what they did to me for a decade, and I don't want anyone else to suffer the same. Losing the trust of a friend in this way is betrayal like no other; it's something you can never really get over. Meanwhile, they have been free to live their lives without consequences, to make new friendships, perhaps to rape more of their friends at their leisure.

No more.

Three other women have already come out with their own horror stories about these scumbags. If you have any information, please write to me.

https://youtu.be/IfxcporhkL0

MutantClannfear
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:20 pm 

I'm really sorry to hear that you went through that.

cultofkraken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:52 pm 

What on fucking earth? This is horrible. I’m so sorry to hear that this happened to you. Absolutely unconscionable.

blackmantram
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:09 pm 

I'm really sorry you had to go through that. It honestly angers me to know the amount of pieces of shit out there ruining other people's lives swanning around like nothing happened. I hope they get what they deserve.

Szilvia
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:03 pm 

These guys have done this before.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:17 am 

I'm so sorry this happened to you (and apparently others as well). I have no words. :(

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:54 am 

That is fucking awful. I'm so sorry, and thank you for taking the steps you have to spearhead this. Sadly, I think this is part of a firestorm that the metal community absolutely needs to endure.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

SuspirianSuspicion
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:56 am 

On the "final words" of this Infinitum Obscure interview, Roberto says the following:

"And on a deeper note, always question the limits of it all, never doubt yourself, oppose and crush anything that stands in your way with no mercy what so ever, be as a predator and not a prey and you will always be in control of your own position regardless of your surroundings."

In this context, his statement/perspective takes on new meaning....

Full interview here:
https://tometal.com/infinitum-obscure-interviewed/

Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:29 am 

Thank you for coming forward, now we know better than to support this band. That story is sickening and horrible. I told my friend about it, and he threw his CDs in the bin.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:36 am 

Wow - awful. Thank you for coming forward with this.

BasqueStorm
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:02 am 

Szilvia wrote:
Although it has been ten years since this incident occurred, I've come to the conclusion that I absolutely can not protect these people any longer. I will not lie or cover for them. I will not pretend like nothing happened. I will not be silent.

I don't know who those scumbags are but would NEVER let people like this go away untouched in a similar situation.

Thanks, sorry and stay strong! Image

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:32 am 

this is awful. fuck infinitum obscure.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:21 pm 

ugh, i really like their music and even own a shirt. I guess i won't be wearing that anymore.

Szilvia
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:55 pm 

Thank you all for the support. It really means a lot. It is good to see that there is integrity in the metal scene.

exsiccation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:54 pm 

That is incredibly horrifying that you went through something like that. Nobody should ever have to suffer that kind of abuse and indignity.

I realize that it might be challenging or could open old scars, but I hope you are considering taking the matter to the appropriate authorities. I recognize how incredibly difficult and ineffectual that can be, so I understand if you don't, but people who commit sexual assault absolutely are and should be held criminally liable. Music and the scene have nothing to do with it. That kind of abhorrent behavior is never, ever acceptable.

I want to thank and congratulate you on showing such an incredible amount of strength in coming forward, especially in today's cultural climate. I hope your story will inspire others who have had similar experiences to do the same.

Anubis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:42 pm 

Coming forward to bring this to light takes a courage I don't know, their actions are enraging. Despicable.

Fuck these pieces of shit.

Szilvia
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm 

This happened a long time ago in a different country, so there was never an option to press criminal charges. I just want to tell my story so that people know who they are dealing with.

controlledbleeding
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:03 am 

Luckily Metal Archives or any other social media platform is not a court of law! All I can say is Rob opened his home for me and was a generous and good dude as was Noel and a bunch of others while I was travelling around MX. Pretty sure he hired a lawyer on account of slander for situation accounted in the op.... it made the rounds on social media a long time ago. That is a direct copy/paste from that showdown.

exsiccation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:04 pm 

controlledbleeding wrote:
Luckily Metal Archives or any other social media platform is not a court of law! All I can say is Rob opened his home for me and was a generous and good dude as was Noel and a bunch of others while I was travelling around MX. Pretty sure he hired a lawyer on account of slander for situation accounted in the op.... it made the rounds on social media a long time ago. That is a direct copy/paste from that showdown.

I can't speak to whether this has been brought up in the past, but I can say that when it comes to victims of sexual assault: believe them.

There is almost zero reason anyone would bring false allegations against another person. It is humiliating, invites intense scrutiny, and almost always leads to further harassment and abuse of the victim. In many cases, they are forced to relive some of the most painful events of their live in extreme detail, only to be shut down by critics. While there are rare cases of people inventing sexual assault claims, it's far from the norm, and most sexual assaults go unreported because the victims are too embarrassed or feel powerless.

The idea that someone would purposely degrade themselves for the sake of attention and chances of monetary compensation, is not just incredibly misguided, it's fucking demeaning and offensive. It doesn't mean we need to pillory the accused without a fair trial, but it does mean that such allegations need to be treated seriously every time they are brought forward. And blaming the victim is never, ever okay.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:42 pm 

People always say that stuff about a court of law in these situations, like that means anything. So what if it's not a court of law? Who ever claimed it to be one?

And lol, "he was nice to me, therefore he never could've done anything bad to anyone else!" Glad you're not in a court of law either buddy.

Szilvia
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:39 pm 

Roberto was my friend for many years. He was nice to me, too. I thought that if anything happened then he would be the first to step up and protect me, but that's not what happened.

cultofkraken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:08 pm 

I heard Ed Kemper was a nice guy too.

Everflowingstream
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:23 pm 

cultofkraken wrote:

He had a horrible temper.

cultofkraken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:55 pm 

Everflowingstream wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:

He had a horrible temper.

Ed Kemper has a temper, but the cops loved him.

Reply to topic