Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
thrashfan07
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:35 am 

Ah yes, my most-looking-forward-to album of 2009, as of now.

Tracklisting:
01. "Strong Arm"
02. "Diktat"
03. "Work To Rule"
04. "On The Brink Of Extinction"
05. "Time Waits For No Slave"
06. "Life And Limb"
07. "Downbeat Clique"
08. "Fallacy Dominion"
09. "Passive Tense"
10. "Larency Of The Heart"
11. "Procrastination On The Empty Vessel"
12. "Feeling Redundant"
13. "A No-Sided Argument"
14. "De-evolution Ad Nauseum"

Smear Campaign was great, hope this tops it :D

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:58 am 

Napalm Death are probably the most consistent grindcore/death metal band around. Looking forward to the new album.

CHRISTI_NS_ANITY8
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:10 am 

MegaHassan wrote:
Napalm Death are probably the most consistent grindcore/death metal band around. Looking forward to the new album.

I totally agree...old faithful!

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:59 am 

I don't mind the latest Nape unlike alot of faithful's but I like the Lee Dorian era best which was more straight grindcore but maybe they will revist some of that sound for this one.

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:03 am 

marktheviktor wrote:
I don't mind the latest Nape unlike alot of faithful's but I like the Lee Dorian era best which was more straight grindcore but maybe they will revist some of that sound for this one.

I'm actually of the impression that ND is one of the good oldies that is not plagued by the "new (insert band name) sucks!" sentiment common among older fans. And I'm one of them ;)
Anyway. Looking forward to this alot.

foz45139
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:30 am 

I hope they do more songs like 'Right You Are' off The Code is Red...

That one goes on for about 50 seconds and it just smashes your head in.
Once I was done throwing up I had to take another shit. Again it was diarrhea! While diarrhea was coming out of my ass I began to throw up. This fucking sucked! If only I had some Disgorge playing it might not have sucked ass much.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:19 pm 

i really did not like the era after Utopia Banished but before Enemy of the Music Business, ...but it seems like Enemy..., and onward has been absolutely kickass.

so of course i look forward to this next one!

overkill666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:05 pm 

ND has never been hit-and-miss for me, love it all. I'll be buying this when it's out!

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:19 am 

It's too bad Jesse Pintado is gone. He will be sorely missed on this type of album. I'm sure they'll play something in tribute to him.

balkonas
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:10 am 

Well after first listen I got to say it kick ass as allways :D

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:51 am 

It kicks ass indeed. 14 tracks are a bit too much, and it gets slightly boring after the 11th track. But still, another solid album from a great band.

Scourge441
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:05 pm 

I definitely like this album. I think Smear Campaign was a bit better, but this is still very good.

hornyjohnny
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:43 pm 

The Code Is Red and Smear Campaign were kickass . Looking forward for another grindcore masterpiece from these Brits . Napalm Death wont DISAPPOINT .

JesusShaves5643
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:48 pm 

Nice. Smear Campaign was a good album, so I await this album eagerly.
Alocer7138r wrote:
Who wrote the songs on old slayer albums?

Slayer.

Wedge_Antilles
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:09 pm 

I actually prefer later ND to earlier. I don't like their first two albums much (sacrilege, I know), but their newest stuff (Code Is Red, Smear Campaign) is fucking awesome. So far this new album is no different.

I actually prefer Dorrian in Cathedral, and Barney in Napalm.

Dechripastocide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:58 pm 

Haven't listened to it yet, is it more in the grindcore tradition or is it more in the deathgrind direction?

Scourge441
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:07 pm 

Dechripastocide wrote:
Haven't listened to it yet, is it more in the grindcore tradition or is it more in the deathgrind direction?

Deathgrind. Pretty much the same stuff we've seen the last two releases, and of the same quality (read: awesome) as well.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:18 pm 

just curious, since we're on this subject, there seems to be much love for the past two...but what about Order of the Leech? i think it's their best since Utopia Banished!
i love the past 4, but of them all that one's my personal favorite

Chavaluria
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:41 pm 

Dammit!!
X3
and I was going about to buy "Smear Campaign"
:durr:

MortalScum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:53 pm 

Wow, I was actually expecting to see a lot more negative comments toward ND in this thread. Anyway this new album is great news, I'll definitely buy it.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:57 pm 

MortalScum wrote:
Wow, I was actually expecting to see a lot more negative comments toward ND in this thread. Anyway this new album is great news, I'll definitely buy it.

I don't hate Napalm Death, but I don't exactly love them, either. I have The Code Is Red... and Smear Campaign, and I listen to them from time to time, but I'm not an avid fan. I'll probably give this one a listen, and I might even buy it, too, but I can't foresee it changing my perspective.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Veddartha
Apocalyptic Destroyer of Angels

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:07 pm 

I'll be seeing them live in two weeks, with Aborted, Asesino, Devildriver, Brutal Truth, and some other band, and I hope they play some of the new stuff to check it.

Its good to see that a lot of people apreciates the lastest albums from ND. They are one of those bands that have never dissapointed me.

Count_Venereal wrote:
Nolan_B wrote:
WASP on the Supreme Court right now!

I will vote for whoever makes this happen.

Scourge441
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:15 pm 

Chavaluria wrote:
Dammit!!
X3
and I was going about to buy "Smear Campaign"
:durr:

Time Waits... doesn't come out until January. And besides, there's no excuse for not buying both anyway ;)

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:01 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
MortalScum wrote:

I don't hate Napalm Death, but I don't exactly love them, either. I have The Code Is Red... and Smear Campaign, and I listen to them from time to time, but I'm not an avid fan. I'll probably give this one a listen, and I might even buy it, too, but I can't foresee it changing my perspective.

the best material is the early stuff with mick harris on drums. give that a try.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:25 pm 

Mick Harris being one of the proginators of blast beats in extreme metal was a big plus for them when he was with them and a huge minus when he left. I haven't listened to the Nape in awhile but wasn't there also a Mitch Harris who joined them for awhile? I can't remember what instrument this Mitch guy played though.

the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:27 pm 

marktheviktor wrote:
Mick Harris being one of the proginators of blast beats in extreme metal was a big plus for them when he was with them and a huge minus when he left. I haven't listened to the Nape in awhile but wasn't there also a Mitch Harris who joined them for awhile? I can't remember what instrument this Mitch guy played though.

you gotta be kiddin' Mitch Harris joined when Mick was still in, a good ....wow a good almost 20 years ago!!!!
you know this though, yer just playin'dumb haha
Mick and Mitch did Defecation which is god condensed in convenient grindcore form.

SepticTomb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:34 pm 

It's good to see a new album coming out, though having it a bit earlier would have been nice; I was hoping they'd picked up the album a year pattern with the last two, but as long as it's good (which I'm sure it will be) there's nothing to complain about. Napalm Death has only had a couple missteps in their career really and it's great to see a band that manages to be so consistently excellent.

Brutal death meets funeral doom - www.myspace.com/septictomb

Nolan_B
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:58 pm 

marktheviktor wrote:

Lee Dorian is overrated, IMO. Side A of Scum proves how much better ND would've been if they would've continued with that lineup.

Oflick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:27 pm 

I like the first side of scum, but a lot of the songs follow the exact same vocal melody. There's the one in scum, which sounds like it was put into a few other songs as well. I don't know if anyone noticed it. It's not like in all of the songs, just a few, but it's noticeable, at least to me.

And in my opinion, Lee Dorian wasn't good until he was in Cathedral.

Scourge441
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:40 pm 

the16th6toothson wrote:
marktheviktor wrote:

you gotta be kiddin' Mitch Harris joined when Mick was still in, a good ....wow a good almost 20 years ago!!!!
you know this though, yer just playin'dumb haha
Mick and Mitch did Defecation which is god condensed in convenient grindcore form.

In case he actually doesn't know, Mitch Harris is the guitarist/backing vocalist. He's been in the band since 1990.

WinterBliss
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:32 am 

marktheviktor wrote:

Agreed. If i listen to Napalm Death it's either Scum or From Enslavement.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:34 am 

WinterBliss wrote:
marktheviktor wrote:

Agreed. If i listen to Napalm Death it's either Scum or From Enslavement.

Weak Minds is such a balls deep opener on From Enslavement. That was true grindore all the way thru on recording.

Motleydude
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:02 am 

I just found out it leaked and I'm to Life and Limb so far... The title track being my favorite as-yet. I really like this. I didn't know what to expect coming into this album, but I expected more along the lines of Smear Campaign and I'm glad I was wrong.

I'm the kind of person who likes late-period Napalm Death. Their first two albums were good and the rest were OK until Enemy of the Music Business. Never heard the one between Enemy and The Code is Red but The Code is Red is the first to feature that vocal style that I just adore, it's so awesome. Barney is my favorite death metal vocalist easily. Easily. My favorite two were The Code is Red and Smear Campaign, but I find it interesting how they advanced between those two.

The Code is Red featured some punky moments and some cool guests (and not so cool ones, I'm looking at you Hatebreed guy) and Smear Campaign featured one really good one.

So now a question must be asked: how is it that this album is faster than anything they've done post-early grind? How did they do that? No, a better question is how did they do that while making their breakdowns as fast as the songs on Smear Campaign? That's the big thing that hit me, a big what the hell moment. I expected it to go away fast but it didn't, and I like that.

Sorry for the rantish stuff here, I'm a bit of a fanboy. I've listened to them about 5600 times since April (no lie) and they've only recently overtaken Venom as my 'favorite' band. I like Venom's first few albums and Napalm Death's last few. So yeah.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:08 am 

I really like Smear Campaign, so if this one continues in that vein I'll definately be buying.

mikko1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:50 pm 

Oflick wrote:
I like the first side of scum, but a lot of the songs follow the exact same vocal melody.

Wait... what? We were talking about Scum by Napalm Death, right?

Dechripastocide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:11 pm 

Wow, this is easily the best produced album they've ever made.
Scourge441 wrote:
Dechripastocide wrote:

Deathgrind. Pretty much the same stuff we've seen the last two releases, and of the same quality (read: awesome) as well.

I guess I could've figured that out by looking at the track lengths.

SladeCraven
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:40 pm 

I am excited for this album. Napalm Death have really focused their sound to its maxium potential as of late and I can't help but think this album will be nothing less than great.

Hybrid_Killer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:22 pm 

Really looking forward to this, going to listen/acquire it as soon as I can. I much prefer NP's current work to their original sound so I'm sure I'll enjoy this at least to some degree. Loooooved The Code is Red.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:32 pm 

Disappointing, feels rehashed; Smear Campaign was way better, and am I the only one that feels ND's weakest material was Diatribes and onwards until their balls finally dropped again on Order of the Leech? (that album seared anus btw)

Motleydude
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:45 pm 

I don't get the criticism. Out of all the newest death metal I've heard this has to be my favorite album. I wasn't obsessive over Smear Campaign but it was a damn fine record...

Out of 5;
4: Enemy of the Music Business
3: Leech
3.5: The Code is Red
3.5: Smear Campaign
5: Time Waits for No Slave

Easily one of the best death metal albums I've heard. It's up there with Clandestine by Entombed and Covenant by Morbid Angel. Yeah, it's that awesome to me. I know my opinion is debatable, but still.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2  Next