Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:09 pm 

Why even ask instead of just doing a google search for such a question? :|

Sublimation printing is basically dye printed on cloth. It isn't like paint or transfers, so, no, it cannot crack or peel. Neither do certain inks used for screen printing.

These inks dye the cloth. If you regularly wash something, esp. with bleach, it probably will fade eventually, yeah... I have never owned a sublimation printed patch, but I seriously doubt one is at risk unless you wash your jacket more than 10 times a year (which I hope none of you nancies are actually doing. Jackets are 'pposed to stink), or you keep your jacket in direct sunlight (which will fade anything. The cabinets in my kitchen that get regular sun exposure are noticeably lighter than the rest, for instance).

Rege
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:23 am 

the_raytownian wrote:
Anyone who's used Over-Zone know if/suspect that they can make a patch from Christian Death's first logo?:
http://i47.tinypic.com/205fn5u.jpg

I really want an embroidered patch of it, but I am concerned that it might have too many fine lines... And, fuck no, I do not want a patch of their shitty current logo and the no-original-members lineup it represents, so please do not suggest that I get one of these off of ebay.

Thanks to anyone who can offer their thoughts and/or suggestions of another company that will do one-offs with more detail!

Why even ask instead of just mailing them for such a question? :|

How stupid of me to ask a patch related question in a thread about clothes with patches...

But I appreciate the answer :)

nahtanoj
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:51 pm 

kiekan66
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:18 pm 

Just started mine. Just have the patches laid out here to show what the final product will look like.

But we do exist in a million ways."

~Guest 294530
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:01 am 

Started mine recently..

~Guest 294530
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:59 am 

Anyone know where I can get my hands on one of those Suffocation back patches?

Necroacrotomophile wrote:

TheEvilSocky
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:03 am 

Finally have my jacket, I've got seven patches so far, I'll probably have at least 15 (back patch included) before sticking them on though, I'll work on getting pics tomorrow.

TheEvilSocky
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:18 pm 

Hardly "tomorrow" but I got pics
Spoiler: show

I'm having a hard time finding patches for some of my more punk based groups though

BlashyrkhMR101
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:26 am 

It's impossible to make out but the patch on the bottom right of the front of the vest is a homemade Thantifaxath patch.

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:48 pm 

Made some updates to my vest recently:

PIns are: Fall of Efrafa, Dead Weight, Vessel I, Drought, Leech, Amebix, and there's another Fall of Efrafa pin above the Lake of Blood patch but you can't really see it because of the way it's wrinkled there.

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism.

Last edited by analog_winter on Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
epicandrew
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:37 am 

Fairly Incomplete, but I'm gonna add more soon.

Don Karlos
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:58 pm 

They have not changed too much, mine from (about) 1984

For some reason i cant remember, stud-work is only partially done, some of them even removed

Commandaunt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:01 pm 

epicandrew wrote:

Sweet Impaled/Bal Sagoth patches!

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:01 pm 

Solitary Hellhamer backpatch. Not putting anything else on it, though I may cover the shoulders with studs. Not sure.

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:22 pm 

Nice and simple, I like it. If I can find a cool jacket cheap at a thrift store or something I might do something like that.

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:36 pm 

analog_winter wrote:
Made some updates to my vest recently:

PIns are: Fall of Efrafa, Dead Weight, Vessel I, Drought, Leech, Amebix, and there's another Fall of Efrafa pin above the Lake of Blood patch but you can't really see it because of the way it's wrinkled there.

YOU FOUND A SKAGOS PATCH! Where???

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:38 pm 

A guy who I'd bought some Woodsmoke tapes from knew a guy who had one who was willing to sell it.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:34 pm 

analog_winter wrote:
Nice and simple, I like it. If I can find a cool jacket cheap at a thrift store or something I might do something like that.

I got that for $4 at goodwill, but it's a little small on me.

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:36 pm 

iAm wrote:
analog_winter wrote:

I got that for $4 at goodwill, but it's a little small on me.

Cool, I'll have to hit up my local goodwill one weekend when I'm not too busy.

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:46 pm 

Don Karlos wrote:

For some reason i cant remember, stud-work is only partially done, some of them even removed

Dat vintage mojo.
This reminds me that I really need a BOC patch... I wanna hunt down one like yours specifically.

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:16 am 

The BOC patch is cool. Also gotta love that big Deep Purple logo underneath the backpatch.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:43 am 

Very cool Priest backpatch! Can't wait to start my new vest, gonna be awesome.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

DESTRUCT
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:14 am 

heres my hoodie

would it be a good idea to cut the patches off and sew them onto a denim vest or just keep it?

~Guest 183305
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:36 am 

Don Karlos wrote:

Nice jacket. Wish I still had mine from way back when.

Delduwath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:19 pm 

DESTRUCT wrote:
heres my hoodie

would it be a good idea to cut the patches off and sew them onto a denim vest or just keep it?

Your images aren't going to work if you try to take them from an e-mail attachment.

Just as a heads up, cutting off patches can be a massive pain in the ass. I've done it a few times, and it's never much fun. Also, the edges of the patches get kind of mangled by the needle after sewing them on the first time, and will get even more fucked up by whatever you use to remove them (if that matters to you--in some cases I think it can actually make the patch look cool). My advice would be to get a fresh start with a new vest and new patches unless some of the patches on your hoodie have sentimental value to you. If you must save your patches though, I suggest getting a seam ripper, or failing that, a brand new, double-sided razor blade (which tend to be more flexible, thinner, and sharper than single-sided razor blades) to cut the stitching. Chances are you'll wind up cutting the edge of the patch and yourself as well in the process, and you'll still have to remove the now-cut threads from both the seam and your hoodie, if--again--that stuff matters to you. Good luck.

DESTRUCT
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:18 pm 

new pics

pins are: dropdead, misfits, amebix, cro-mags, crass, razorcake (magazine), and a middle finger

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:36 pm 

Delduwath wrote:
DESTRUCT wrote:
heres my hoodie

Your images aren't going to work if you try to take them from an e-mail attachment.

Just as a heads up, cutting off patches can be a massive pain in the ass. I've done it a few times, and it's never much fun. Also, the edges of the patches get kind of mangled by the needle after sewing them on the first time, and will get even more fucked up by whatever you use to remove them (if that matters to you--in some cases I think it can actually make the patch look cool). My advice would be to get a fresh start with a new vest and new patches unless some of the patches on your hoodie have sentimental value to you. If you must save your patches though, I suggest getting a seam ripper, or failing that, a brand new, double-sided razor blade (which tend to be more flexible, thinner, and sharper than single-sided razor blades) to cut the stitching. Chances are you'll wind up cutting the edge of the patch and yourself as well in the process, and you'll still have to remove the now-cut threads from both the seam and your hoodie, if--again--that stuff matters to you. Good luck.

There is actually a tool you can use called a stitch picker to pull out the stitches and leave the patch fairly intact. They look like this:

They're quite handy and will definitely help if you want to take patches off.

DESTRUCT
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:25 pm 

analog_winter wrote:
Delduwath wrote:

There is actually a tool you can use called a stitch picker to pull out the stitches and leave the patch fairly intact. They look like this:

thanks man, you think I could find one of those at walmart or is it only at special stores

Delduwath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:33 pm 

DESTRUCT wrote:
analog_winter wrote:

thanks man, you think I could find one of those at walmart or is it only at special stores

Yup, you should be able to find seam rippers at pretty much any "big box" store. I've seen them at Target, Walmart, Walgreens, etc. They usually cost around $4 or so.

slayer85
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:09 pm 

Some nice jackets on here! Im actually looking for more websites that carry a wide range of patches from different bands. So far I have the following patches on two diffrent Kuttes: Holy Grail, Valient Thorr, Metalucifer,Sodom, Mutilation Rites, Watain, Infernal Stronghold,Darkthrone, Aura Noir, Carpathian Forest, Desaster, and Goatwhore. Im looking for more patches from bands like Insomnium, Skeletonwitch, and a few others. I have bought patches from Abyss Records, and Negative Existence. Are there any other quality sites to buy patches from?

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:03 am 

http://metalnegro.com/ usually has a lot of patches. Never really bought anything from then though, so I don't know if they're legit or not.

TheEvilSocky
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:15 am 

I'm still working on getting others, but thus far the fronts ready for stitching.

I got a cookie for anyone that can name where the patch on the left shoulder is from.

Ran4
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:05 pm 

Just got myself a vest, but I don't have that many patches yet.

I'm trying to find a Bathory - Under the sign of the black mark backpatch, but I couldn't find one even after spending half an hour with google. I suppose I'll have to go fix the print myself, does anyone have any recommendations on places that does this? And what resolution is necessary: is a slightly blurry 1000x1000 image (like this one) going to be enough or will it look horrible?

I found this place, but there's no images of the backpatch in question so who knows if it will look good.

Last edited by Ran4 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:07 pm 

You may want to consider looking for a t-shirt of that design, then you could cut it out and use it as a backpatch.

Commandaunt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:16 am 

Ran4 wrote:
I found this place, but there's no images of the backpatch in question so who knows if it will look good.

I've been wanting to order from there for a while, would nice to hear some feedback before I do.
Here's my updated battlejacket from before. Sorry for the shit quality.

blood_and_fire
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:28 am 

Any tips for dying a blue vest/jacket black? Or spraypainting, or anything else that would work?

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:39 am 

I've actually spraypainted denim before... I wouldn't recommend trying to "color" a jacket with it (certainly not the WHOLE thing), but it can be done*, and it's not thick or gummy if you spray it right... just don't use anything "glossy" or with metallic particles or something in it...

*I was in high school *shrug*. I think I spraypainted something on a pair of jeans... I also had an ill-fitting grey t-shirt with "GWAR" and a goofy monster face sprayed on it in blue paint... IDK where that shirt is or i'd post it.

As for dye, just don't use that Rit or Tulip bullshit. It's worth spending a little money on quality fabric dyes... Just follow the directions on the box carefully or you could risk the dye washing right out, which is fucking annoying, especially if you spent the extra money on good dye.

ShadowKamelot
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:34 pm 

kiekan66 wrote:
Just started mine. Just have the patches laid out here to show what the final product will look like.

I'm digging that old school Dark Tranquillity patch. Where'd you score that?

ShadowKamelot
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:03 am 

Finally received my WITTR backpatch. Had to hem it, but doesn't look too bad.
Gonna be posting more pics soon as I continue to patch up this black jacket and my old denim jacket. :D

corpsewithoutsoul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:18 pm 

Face removal.

Last edited by corpsewithoutsoul on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 88  Next