Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Natskygge
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:07 pm 

Inkshooter wrote:
How the hell does one sew through leather with a needle and thread?

With a leather needle - the tip of it is triangular, making it possible to sew through the leather. :)

ETA: And I'd recommend using a thimble as such a needle also is really good at sewing through your fingers (I speak of experience). Also, it makes it easier to push the needle through, in case the leather is tough/thick.

Rottir
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:39 am 

37 year old here, haven't been a part of any scene in years, but I've been collecting a lot of patches and would like to do up a vest for the odd time a band comes through (if that ever happens again, thanks COVID).

What would you recommend - black or blue denim? Vest vs jacket? Any faux pas to avoid like wearing the band tee to the show, or putting your own name on the back of a jersey?

Inkshooter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:01 am 

Mine finally feels complete enough to wear, so I'll necro this thread with what I suppose you could call my "quarantine project":

Spoiler: show

I made this out of a shitty black denim jacket I got for next to nothing from Ross ages ago and never wore, just cut the sleeves off and started attaching stuff.

I'm planning on adding a bit more doom metal, since that's my first and true love when it it comes to subgenres, not black metal. I'll probably replace the big Bathory with a big Candlemass, and I need to find a sewing technique that will secure the Ulver patch on a bit better.

~Guest 343918
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:03 pm 

-

Last edited by ~Guest 343918 on Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:11 pm 

Rottir wrote:
37 year old here, haven't been a part of any scene in years, but I've been collecting a lot of patches and would like to do up a vest for the odd time a band comes through (if that ever happens again, thanks COVID).

What would you recommend - black or blue denim? Vest vs jacket? Any faux pas to avoid like wearing the band tee to the show, or putting your own name on the back of a jersey?

There are, of course, no rules, you do you. That said, I think blue denim looks silly unless it's either really light or really dark. And vests definitely look cooler. Plus they're way more practical; in winter I wear my vest over my leather jacket. In summer I sometimes wear my vest with no shirt underneath, and both of those would be weird with a denim jacket.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88