Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives
https://forum.metal-archives.com/

Best metal bargains and finds ever
https://forum.metal-archives.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46867
Page 3 of 4

Author:  Lepernicus [ Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

CountBlagorath wrote:
What I got:
"Xasthur" -Xasthur LP (first press, limited to 500)

And others I have bought at a really good price:
"13" -Six Feet Under $4
"Doom" -Job for a Cowboy $2

These I got from a friend who was getting out of Metal and wanted a few bucks for them. It was a damn good day!


I hate to tell you this, but you got ripped off dude!

Author:  rabidmadman [ Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

Pestilence - Testimony of the Ancients (sealed first pressing cassette) $0.75

Samael - Blood Ritual/Worship Him double disc - 6 dollars

Demolition Hammer - Epidemic of Violence (first pressing) - 15 dollars.

Coroner - Grin ($10)

Pitchshifter - Desensitized (first pressing) $2

all I can think of atm..

Author:  CountBlagorath [ Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

Lepernicus wrote:
CountBlagorath wrote:
What I got:
"Xasthur" -Xasthur LP (first press, limited to 500)

And others I have bought at a really good price:
"13" -Six Feet Under $4
"Doom" -Job for a Cowboy $2

These I got from a friend who was getting out of Metal and wanted a few bucks for them. It was a damn good day!


I hate to tell you this, but you got ripped off dude!


I like 'em. The Xasthur LP gets quite a bit of use. The 6FU album only has 3 good songs from it and JFAC is quite decent.

Author:  CHRISTI_NS_ANITY8 [ Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:43 am ]
Post subject: 

I remember the day when I bought the Vomitory
single "Morbund" for 5 euros! I also bough Necrodeath Into the Macabre original casette for 10 euro. Most of the LPs I bought were bargains because the cost didn't surpass the 10 euro and they are very important LPs from the 80s thrash metal!

Author:  lord_evisceration [ Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:35 am ]
Post subject: 

Just today I found !T.O.O.H.- Order and Punishment at JB HI-FI for 10$

Author:  fragpirate [ Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:41 am ]
Post subject: 

my friend got

overkill: the years of decay
overkill: feel the fire
overkill: under the influence
annihilator: alice in hell
agony column: god, guns, guts (this one was a nice surprise)
and the anthrax: im the man EP (not that great but ammusing)

all for like a buck each.

the best i ever got was a helloween keeper of the seven keys pt. 1 LP in the original shrink wrap for 10 dollars.

Author:  fiercetroll [ Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:10 am ]
Post subject: 

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
I'm curious too, if you feel like letting me in on your secret method.

You've got mail!

Author:  dalecooper [ Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:20 am ]
Post subject: 

I bought a lot of rare LPs on eBay for about $100 - they were a Thorr's Hammer pic disc, Wormphlegm's "Tomb of the Ancient King," Witches Hammer "Canadian Speed Metal" colored vinyl, Stabat Mater/AM split, and another one that I can't remember any more. The only one I really wanted was Wormphlegm so I sold the rest individually - got $80 just for the Witches Hammer. I ended up turning a profit and basically got the Wormphlegm for free, which seems ridiculous to me even now.

Author:  mentalselfmutilation [ Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

Asti78 wrote:
mentalselfmutilation wrote:
Dunno if these are really deals or not:
Mythic - Mourning of the Winter Solstice MC - $3 (i know the 7'' version goes for at least $50, but dunno if the cassette is worth much)


Jesus, I bought this 7" years ago for $2.


Yeah, I had heard that there was a 7'' version and wanted to find it since I really dig the EP, but when I found one on ebay it was close to $47.

There's a CD currently up of it and it's already over $30 with 4 days + left:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mythic-Mourning-in- ... dZViewItem

If both the CD and EP version goes for this much, I'm guessing the cassette version is also not too common, but I can't find anything about it online.

At least I have the cassette though to listen to it. Great EP.

Author:  Asti78 [ Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

mentalselfmutilation wrote:
Asti78 wrote:
mentalselfmutilation wrote:
Dunno if these are really deals or not:
Mythic - Mourning of the Winter Solstice MC - $3 (i know the 7'' version goes for at least $50, but dunno if the cassette is worth much)


Jesus, I bought this 7" years ago for $2.


Yeah, I had heard that there was a 7'' version and wanted to find it since I really dig the EP, but when I found one on ebay it was close to $47.

There's a CD currently up of it and it's already over $30 with 4 days + left:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mythic-Mourning-in- ... dZViewItem

If both the CD and EP version goes for this much, I'm guessing the cassette version is also not too common, but I can't find anything about it online.

At least I have the cassette though to listen to it. Great EP.


Yeah, I also have that CD, ordered it from Nuclear Blast around 1994 or 95 for also less than $3. I always thought it is only a promo as it doesn't have a booklet or anything, it just has a printed cardboard sleeve as the promo CDs have it. But I didn't listen to it the last 10 or 12 years now. Didn't expect that it is such a rare item as well as the 7", glad I didn't get rid off it until now ;-)

Author:  emperor_zola [ Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

I traded my copy of
Necromicon - Sightveiler A/5 digibook
for the
Demonic Sacrifice - Enter The Realm Of Pure Darkness CD


I got these ones
Obtained Enslavement - Centuries of Sorrow CD
Warloghe - The First Possession CD
in 2004 for 8 USD each.

Author:  Chozzyb [ Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

lord_evisceration wrote:
Just today I found !T.O.O.H.- Order and Punishment at JB HI-FI for 10$

I found a new copy of this for £1 recently.

Author:  euantheclansman [ Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=104454

Got this on eBay for £0.99 :D

----------------
Now playing: Nemesis - Blackstone Wielder

Author:  mentalselfmutilation [ Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

Asti78 wrote:
mentalselfmutilation wrote:
Asti78 wrote:
mentalselfmutilation wrote:
Dunno if these are really deals or not:
Mythic - Mourning of the Winter Solstice MC - $3 (i know the 7'' version goes for at least $50, but dunno if the cassette is worth much)


Jesus, I bought this 7" years ago for $2.


Yeah, I had heard that there was a 7'' version and wanted to find it since I really dig the EP, but when I found one on ebay it was close to $47.

There's a CD currently up of it and it's already over $30 with 4 days + left:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mythic-Mourning-in- ... dZViewItem

If both the CD and EP version goes for this much, I'm guessing the cassette version is also not too common, but I can't find anything about it online.

At least I have the cassette though to listen to it. Great EP.


Yeah, I also have that CD, ordered it from Nuclear Blast around 1994 or 95 for also less than $3. I always thought it is only a promo as it doesn't have a booklet or anything, it just has a printed cardboard sleeve as the promo CDs have it. But I didn't listen to it the last 10 or 12 years now. Didn't expect that it is such a rare item as well as the 7", glad I didn't get rid off it until now ;-)


Same here. Given I got it for pretty cheap I'm pretty happy considering what I could've had paid for it. It was a blind purchase on my end, but one I don't regret at all since it's a pretty well done death/doom EP.

Author:  Dark_Gnat [ Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

I once got a couple of handfulls of cassettes at a record show for free. Mostly old death metal.

I used to find all kinds of stuff at pawn shops four $2 to $3 each. They had a good amount of metal at the time, but I more or less cleaned them out.

I also used to buy a bunch of pop CD's from the pawn shops, then take them to Hastings, and sell them for a profit. :D I would then take the money/credit from the pop CD's and get new metal CD's, basically getting a brand new CD for about $5. It was a good way to get some remasters, and clssics. That worked for a while, but then the Hastings closed. :(

Author:  Deucalion [ Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

A good deal that comes to mind is today:

I got Kill 'Em All, King Diamond's The Spider's Lullaby and House of God, and Iced Earth's Burnt Offerings for $8.37.

Author:  slayerhatesusall [ Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

Acheron - Xomaly
Anael- On wings of mercury
Bathory- Octagon
Behemoth- From the pagan vastlands
Crimson Moon-under the serpetine spell
Death Yell- Morbid Rites
Emperor-Live in frost land
Profanatica- Profanatitas de Domonatia
Skepticism- Lead and Aether
Unpure-s/t

Got all of these for only $23 .

Author:  jthompson [ Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

I bought Agalloch - Of Stone Wind and Pillor only about a year and a half ago or so for about $12.

Author:  jackwestjr [ Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

I bought "Carving a Crimson Career" by Brimstone for about three dollars. That's probably one of the best deals for me so far.

Author:  Ciraxos [ Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:44 am ]
Post subject: 

I have never succeeded in getting one but many times I have been outbid on ebay for CoF demos for extremely cheap. Every time its the same. 1 cent in the last second.

Author:  Dark_Gnat [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

That's why you should always wait until the last moment possible before bidding.

Author:  iiix [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:54 pm ]
Post subject: 

Saint Vitus - Saint Vitus (OOP 1st press LP) $15
Blue Cheer - Vincebus Eruptum (OOP 1st Press LP MONO) $15

That guy is a moron. He still has some stuff Ill grip when I head down to his store again... Celtic Frost and Immortal LPs... way more stuff. He has all these in a stack called "Cheap Punk". :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Author:  Gomorrah [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

I've stumbled across many bargains over the years, but these are the most notable:

Demilich - Nespithe (first press) $3
Dark Throne - Soulside Journey (first press, red disc) $15
Transgressor - Ether for Scapegoat $5
Utumno - Across the Horizon $15 (Gemm.com, 2005)
Rigor Mortis - Rigor Mortis (first press) $10 (Amazon, 2007)
Sempiternal Deathreign - The Spooky Gloom $10
Nox Intempesta - Damnanus Dominum
Ildjarn-Nidhogg - Svartfrad $10
Ildjarn - Det Frysende Nordariket $10
Ildjarn - Ildjarn $10

All the prices other than the Utumno and Rigor Mortis are in $NZ. Cut that price and half and you essentially have the equivalent in $US. :)

Author:  emperor_zola [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

Gomorrah wrote:
Utumno - Across the Horizon $15 (Gemm.com, 2005)


WOW :D

Author:  balbulus [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

Probably not my best bargain, but my most memorable was Sepultura's "Arise" on cassette in the bargain bin of a tiny branch of Woolworths somewhere in Lincolnshire. Cost me £2.99 (in 1991, a time when decent cassettes went for £8.49 in Our Price), and was my first "extreme" album. I classed it as Death Metal then, though it's more like Thrash really, but it was so much more extreme than the Thrash like Megadeth I had been accustomed to.

Author:  cymruambythwxm [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

I remember when MVC went bankrupt I well and truly scavenged the carcass of that place, I bought loads of stuff from there but my biggest bargain was probobly Hate Eternal - I Monarch for £3

Author:  Atrocious_Mutilation [ Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:19 am ]
Post subject: 

Being 14 and not having a job of any sort I haven't found any mad deals like everyone else :annoyed: . But there was this time when I found Remanufacture (reissue) by Fear Factory in this bin at JB Hi-Fi for AU$5. This was a good deal but I didn't get it until 2-4 months.

Author:  Nochielo [ Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:32 pm ]
Post subject: 

petrichorus wrote:
death - leprosy(not a reissue) - 5.00
death - scream bloody gore(not a reissue) - 5.00

That beats my find. I found both of them at ten dollars (original pressing). However, I think it should be noted that I found them at HOT TOPIC (long story).

Also, I got Messhugah-Nothing at 4 dollars shortly after it came out.

Author:  Sokaris [ Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

Nochielo wrote:
petrichorus wrote:
death - leprosy(not a reissue) - 5.00
death - scream bloody gore(not a reissue) - 5.00

That beats my find. I found both of them at ten dollars (original pressing). However, I think it should be noted that I found them at HOT TOPIC (long story).


Don't be embarassed, within the last two weeks I bought of those albums from Hot Topic. Definitely worth $20 for the two. Now if only they carried Spiritual Healing for that price, I'd complete my Death discography and I'd be able to spend the rest of my life trying to hear all of their demos.

Author:  Dark_Gnat [ Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

A couple of years ago I found Posessed - "Seven Churches" Gatefold LP and Kreator - "Terrible Certaintly LP for about $1 each at a flea market. Some old lady was selling them. :lol:

Author:  VRR [ Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

I picked up the early Mortiis studio albums in a poorly-listed ebay auction last week:

Født til å Herske
Ånden Som Gjorde Opprør
Keiser av en Dimension Ukjent
Crypt of the Wizard
The Stargate

£11 for the lot. Was dead chuffed, as I'd previously been tempted to pay the rip-off prices that Mortiis is selling them for on in his own ebay shop.

Author:  spectreofdeath [ Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hemdale - Rad Jackson for 9 bucks

is this album OOP?

Author:  thrashfan07 [ Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:17 am ]
Post subject: 

Gomorrah wrote:
I've stumbled across many bargains over the years, but these are the most notable:

Demilich - Nespithe (first press) $3
Dark Throne - Soulside Journey (first press, red disc) $15
Transgressor - Ether for Scapegoat $5
Utumno - Across the Horizon $15 (Gemm.com, 2005)
Rigor Mortis - Rigor Mortis (first press) $10 (Amazon, 2007)
Sempiternal Deathreign - The Spooky Gloom $10
Nox Intempesta - Damnanus Dominum
Ildjarn-Nidhogg - Svartfrad $10
Ildjarn - Det Frysende Nordariket $10
Ildjarn - Ildjarn $10

All the prices other than the Utumno and Rigor Mortis are in $NZ. Cut that price and half and you essentially have the equivalent in $US. :)
How in the fucking fuck does everyone find Nespithe so cheap :brick:

Author:  japc [ Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:47 am ]
Post subject: 

From what I recall.

Found one day, many years ago, on a fixed price store among a bunch of crap CDs:

Kreator - Coma of Souls - $1.9
Cerebral Fix - Tower of Spite - $1.9

From ebay, in the last 4 or 6 months:

Dragonlord - Rapture - $2
Megadeth - So Far, So Good - $2.5
Megadeth - Peace Sell - $2.5
Cathedral - The VIIth Coming - $2.5
Cathedral - The Garden of ... - $3
Slayer - South of Heaven - $3
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast - $3
Decapitated - Winds Of Creation - $2.6
Unleased - Shadows in the Deep - $2
Black Sabbath - Master of Reality - $2
Venom - Welcome To Hell 1995 T-Shirt - $2.5
Coroner - Mental Vortex - $2.2

Other places (amazon, cd stores in the late 80s, early 90s):

Immortal - Pure Holocaust (1st press) - $9
Merciless - The Awakening (1st press) - $14
Mayhem - Deathcrush (1st press) - $12
Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger (1st press) - $14
Possessed - Beyond the Gates (vynil) - $7

Author:  Nochielo [ Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

Sokaris wrote:
Nochielo wrote:
petrichorus wrote:
death - leprosy(not a reissue) - 5.00
death - scream bloody gore(not a reissue) - 5.00

That beats my find. I found both of them at ten dollars (original pressing). However, I think it should be noted that I found them at HOT TOPIC (long story).


Don't be embarassed, within the last two weeks I bought of those albums from Hot Topic. Definitely worth $20 for the two. Now if only they carried Spiritual Healing for that price, I'd complete my Death discography and I'd be able to spend the rest of my life trying to hear all of their demos.

Thanks man! I don't feel like a poser anymore!

Author:  Asti78 [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:07 am ]
Post subject: 

Just won these on a less known auction platform from the same seller:

Sentenced - Shadows of the past 8,00 €
Morbid Angel - Abominations... 5,50 €
Grave - Hating life 6,00 €
Blutaar - Sklaventod für Verrat 5,50 €
Enslaved - Monumension 7,00 €
Enslaved - Mardraum 7,00 €

All first presses, the Sentenced from Thrash records alone sells on Ebay for more or equal than the whole lot.

Author:  rathofgod [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

I just picked up Behemoth's "Grom" for $9.00 yesterday. May not seem like a hugely good deal, but considering the store I got it from usually charges $18.00 for that particular release when they have it in.

Author:  Uncolored [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:01 pm ]
Post subject: 

napalm death - live corruption vhs 1€
grave - tremendous pain + unleashed - and the laughter has died 1,50$
merciless - the awakening cd dsp 7€
carnage/cadaver - split cd 5€
metal massacre v (with hellhammer) lp 3€
vomitory - moribund 4€
nuclear death - carrion for worm cd wild rags (still sealed) 5€

Author:  noisebastard [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

Necrophagia (LA) 12" (Sealed) for £5.
Apator 7" for £15 (pretty much impossible to find, he apparently destroyed most of the press. Mine belonged to Hammy from Peaceville!)
Darkthrone-Soulside Journey LP first press for £5.
Loads of classic thrash LPs for £1-2 each in charity shops.

Also, not metal but I just got Mandy Morton and Spriguns-Magic Lady LP for £20, usually goes for £200+. Signed copy too.

Author:  DGYDP [ Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

Sepultura - Beneath the Remains (tape) - 5€
Testament - The Legacy (vinyl) - 5€
Intruder - A Higher Form of Killing (vinyl) - 5€
Artillery - By Inheritance (tape) - 0,10€

Page 3 of 4 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/